The Text and Discourse in the Light of Communicative Meaning Formation
This article analyses differences between the static and dynamic interpretations of the text and discourse. The concept of a communicative action (a semiotic act) is considered as the main distinguishing factor that is crucial for the communicative model of text but is ignored within the language model. The communicative (dynamic) model postulates the following: 1) the text is a sequence ...
The development of universal learning actions in primary school students by means of project-task technology
This article presents a model of formation of universal learning actions in younger school students through solving project tasks. The author offers a technology of its implementation, which makes it possible to create personal, regulatory, informative, and communicative universal educational actions.
1. Асмолов ...
Influence of Issuer’s Corporate Actions on Stock Pricing
This article examines the theoretical and practical aspects of the impact of a joint stock venture’s corporate actions on stock pricing. The authors offer the methods of analysing this impact.
обществах: ФЗ от 26.12.1995 №
208-ФЗ. Доступ из справ.-правовой системы «КонсультантПлюс»....
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
... article analyses the response of Lithuanian local authorities to the first wave of COVID-19 with a special focus on the economic support measures they took. The main goal of this in-depth study is to compare the economic response measures included in the action plans of Riga and Tallinn, two large Lithuanian municipal administrations, as well as to analyse the narrative developed in the two cities. The methodology of this research is based on the review of literature, the analysis of action plans, and ...
Theoretical approaches to studying police officers’ breaches of conduct
... verify empirically the relevance of classical postulates of organizational and social psychology for interpreting breach of conduct in a formalized organization in the contemporary socioeconomic and political context. From the standpoint of collective action theory, the article examines the role of individual characteristics of psychological climate as predictors of breaches of conduct.
1. Агадуллина Е. Р. Коллективные действия: предикторы и модели ...
The EU Vs. Russia: Legal Nature and Implementation of the Union’s Restrictive Measures
... 2012, Brussels, 15 June, available at: http://europeansanctions.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/eu-guidelines-on-sanctions-2012.pdf (accessed 23.09.2014).
3. Council Decision 2014/145/CFSP of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, 2014, OJ ,L 78, 17.03.2014, p. 16—21.
4. Council Regulation (EU) No 269/2014 of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions ...
Action-thoughts and the genesis of time in linguistic semiosis
... as elementary units of activity whose structure is determined by linguistic semiosis. Husserl’s tripartite model of the phenomenology of time (prime perception, retention, protention) is applied to the analysis of the subject’s experience of his actions. It is demonstrated that, while our lived present is composed of the actually performed actions, our past and future are constructed by reflexive action-thoughts in the cognitive domain of language. It is emphasized that the construction of ...
Disinformation (fake news, propaganda) as a threat to resilience: approaches used in the EU and its member state Lithuania
... problem in the EU. The first one, used by the European Commission, is the recognition of citizens’ right to information as well as of the need to promote critical thinking and information literacy. This approach fits into the adaptive paradigm of action in the information space and the concept of autopoietic resilience. The second approach, taken by the European External Action Service, is to expose fake news and the media spreading it. In combining adaptive and paternalistic paradigms of action ...
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
... immigrant areas in Denmark is a lengthy and objective process of the emergence of ethno-religious ‘parallel societies’ in the state. Cultural and religious principles that are often at odds with the democratic values of Danish society guide the actions of ghetto residents. Danish social and political discourse pictures this ideological difference between the host society and Muslim immigrant minorities as a potential threat to Denmark’s national security caused by a combination of political,...
Revisiting the Maxim-Law Dynamic in the Light of Kant’s Theory of Action
... To show this, I first argue that Kant distinguishes between maxims and laws on the bases of validity and reality. I then argue that although a practical principle necessarily has the feature of validity, its reality in actually moving the agents to action sufficiently makes a principle a practical principle. If this is so, I argue that the classification of practical principles must be based on the extent to which they are effective in human agents (i. e. their reality). Such a classification ...
Institutional approach to assessing the transition to a circular economy: the case of the Kaliningrad region
... ideal region for the introduction of such a scheme. When calculating the unsorted waste transport fee, a multiplier can be used to reduce the payment for waste-separating households. This can serve as an additional incentive for overcoming collective action problem in MSW collecting and sorting. To prevent social resistance to such a policy, incentive schemes should be implemented on a voluntary basis.
1. Kaza, S., Yao, L., Bhada-Tata, P., Woerden, F. Van. 2018, What a waste 2.0: a global snapshot ...
Linguopoetic potential of verbs and verbal noun collocations in classical and modern russian literature
... literary texts. These collocations are analysed from the functional and semantic point of view. Literary works of I. Goncharov, I. Bunin, A. Solzhenitsyn, V. Makanin and D. Danilov are used as sources of examples. The author studies verbs and verbal (action) nouns from a linguopoetic perspective. Special attention is paid to verbal and nominal characteristics of action nouns and their interaction. The author draws a number of conclusions about the potential of verbs and action nouns for the development ...
Kant on evil in the human nature
... The article presents an analysis of Kant’s notion of human ‘nature’. It is emphasised that Kant understands ‘human nature’ as mere “subjective grounds” of the exercise of freedom. Further, the author analyses the factors determining the actions of humans as moral beings. First, the article addresses the “predispositions to the good”, which describes a human being as a natural being, cultural being, and a personality. In this connection, different types of reason identified by Kant ...
EU-Russia cooperation in the Baltic Sea marine environment protection
... Международная конвенция о предотвращении загрязнений с кораблей 1973 г. [Электронный ресурс]. Доступ из справ.-правовой системы «Гарант».
5. Action Plan. Commission Staff Working Documents. SEC(2009) 712/2 / European Commission. URL: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/cooperation/baltic/ (дата обращения: 14.02.2011).
6. Road map for economic cooperation / European Commission....
Political reconsideration of the Soviet past: attitudes and actions of the Lithuanian elites
... view on the Soviet political and social practices, truths, and methods. However, conservatives are very consistent in their restrictive views about the past and are willing to engage in propagating decision-making that prevents them from repeating the actions of the past. Social democrats, liberals, and populists are much more internally divided and tend to display lukewarm attitudes towards the Soviet past and its political reconsideration. Yet, the present analysis of the adopted laws and public ...
The modelling of professional activity of a specialist in physical culture and sports in a training computer environment
This article described the automated teaching system meant to form the following package of knowledge and skills in students: 1) the analysis of the observed physical action with the subsequent identification of its quality; 2) planning the process of acquiring physical action skills; 2) making decisions regarding the content of further training on the basis of the analysis results. The educational features of this ...
The concept of WILL in the semantics of deontic modality
The article is a result of the theoretical interpretation of the conceptual component of Will in the semantics of deontic modality expressing the attitude to one's own or other people’s actions to achieve a certain state of things. Will determines the potential and voluntary nature of deontics. These semantic characteristics are to be taken into account for a systemic description of the concept of Will. Volitional orientation in the ...
Tactics of particular investigating actions relating to crimes against public officers
... Канта. Калининград, 2011. С. 124—130. Вып. 9.
6. Шепитько В. Ю. Криминалистика. Харьков, 2009.
public officer, violence against public officer, interrogation, tactics, investigative actions
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
This paper provides an overview of different approaches to forecasting the future of the three Baltic States. The author’s theoretical approach to studying Baltic elites is used to forecast changes in the action models of the Baltic elites. The article stresses the scarcity of internal political processes in the Baltics. However, a significant number of scenarios focusing on military aspects in the Baltics have recently been published. The author distinguishes ...
The effect of volatile organic compounds on the content of photosynthetic pigments in reed fescue leaves Festuca arundinacea Schreb. in experiment terms (for example, limit, aromatic hydrocarbons and esters)
... with o-xylol and benzene with o-xylol caused a more intense reduction in the content of pigments three days after the treatment of plants. At the same time, the maximum change in the content of pigments during the experiment is caused by the action of butyl acetate, o-xylol and a mixture of butyl acetate with o-xylol; and the greatest decrease in the content of pigments compared to the control was observed under the action of o-xylol.
Tulkova E. G., Avdashkova L. P., Kabashnikova ...
Condorcet interpretation of probability’s theory: the use of a mathematical construct to the field of social action
Probability theory, which emerged as early as the 17th century thanks to the works of Pascal and Fermat, served for a long time as a tool of professional mathematicians. It was not considered a means of rational prediction of social actions. In the late 18th century, Nicolas de Condorcet (1743—1794) first proposed to apply probability theory to moral and political disciplines thus creating a basis for social forecasting. The methods he developed made it possible to predict the ...
The notion of necessity in the German philosophy of the¬ Enlighten¬ment
... The recognition of this principle as one of the two basic principles of philosophy inevitably raises the question about the necessity of all things, since all that exists has a sufficient reason behind its existence. In this case, any statement, any action, any object would be predetermined by its reason. Such state of affairs excludes any possibility of any accidents or free actions, which undermines the foundation of ethics. Many philosophers tried to avoid such fatalism through expanding and refining ...
Human rights in EU-Russia relations: a human rights mechanism
... Европейского союза в России. URL: http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/russia/key_eu_policies/human_rights/index_ru.htm (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
4. EU Country Strategy Paper on Russia (2002—2006) / European Union External Action. URL: http://eeas.europa.eu/russia/docs/02—06_en.pdf (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
5. Country Strategy Paper, 2007—2013. Russian Federation / European Union External Action. URL: http://ec.europa.eu/external_relations/russia/docs/2007—2013_en....
New verbal nouns with the meaning of an abstract action or state
... are used to identify and describe the most productive wordformation types and models for verbal nouns with procedural semantics. The author investigates the connection between such nouns and denominative neo-derivatives with a meaning of an abstract action. The study follows the anthropocentric paradigm.
1. Ваулина С. С., Девина О. С. Авторская модальность как текстообразующая категория (к постановке проблемы) ...
The problem of meaning in Social Semiotics: Max Weber today
... the constant creation, transmission and transformation of meanings and texts. All the forms of representation of this activity (culture, history, literature, art, politics, law, etc.) can be considered as semantic ensembles consisted from meaningful actions. The concept of “meaning” is fundamental not only in linguistics amd semiotics, but also in M. Weber's theory: thesubject of sociology is the understanding of “the meaning of behavior”. Based on the Weber’s definitions and their possible ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions
concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region.
COM(2009) 248 final. Brussels, 2009.
(Helsinki Commission). The Baltic Sea Action Plan. Adopted at the HELCOM Ministerial Meeting on 15 November 2007 in Krakow.
accessibility, action plan, Baltic Sea region, maritime spatial planning, metropolitan area, North West Russia, region, strategy, territorial development ...
Protection of steel from corrosion and hydrogen absorption by organic inhibitors: experimental and quantum-chemical studies
... obtained distribution of hydrogen along the depth of steel by means of standard Gaussian function made it possible to establish the integral hydrogen content of the sub-layer (up to 80 μm) with high degree of accuracy. The efficiency of protective actions of the studied organic compounds against corrosion and hydrogen absorption by steel were compared with the data of quantum chemical computations performed for isolated molecules of the studied inhibitors with the help of the MNDO method. The results ...
Inter-organizational networks as seen by western economic sociology: An analysis of theoretical approaches
... Handbook of Theory and Research for the Sociology of Education. N. Y., 1986. P. 241—258.
4. Coleman J. Social Capital in the Creation of Human Capital // American Journal of Sociology. 1988. Supplement. Vol. 94. P. 95—120.
5. Coleman J. Rational Action, Social Networks and the Emergence of Norms // Structures of Power and Constraint. N. Y., 1990. P. 91—112.
6. Davern M. Social Networks and Economic Sociology: A Proposed Research Agenda for a More Complete Social Science // American Journal ...
Meaning in life and meaning in the text (roundtable proceedings)
The roundtable discussed the key problems of meaning formation in narrative and performative practices. In free discussion, experts analysed various factors and parameters determining the meaningfulness of action and examined mechanisms for their interpretation. These mechanisms can be considered as manifestations of various modally different types of textualisation. Interpretation and textualisation make it possible to identify and describe the interaction ...
Russian-Estonian relations: a medium-term forecast
... are evaluated from the perspective of the development of Russian-Estonian relations and factors affecting the probability of each scenario. It is shown that any change in the role of Estonia in Russian foreign policy depends not only on the specific actions of the Estonian elite, for example their readiness to change their position on the participation of Russian-speaking population in the democratic decision-making process or the evaluation of controversial events of the past, but also on the meaning ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... of EU energy policy in the 1990s-the beginning of the 2000s in order to identify the features of energy supply and energy safety of the Baltic region countries. The research and practical significance of the work lies in the stepwise description of actions taken by EU leaders and EU member states in order to formulate a common European energy policy. The 2004 EU enlargement posed the problem of taking into account the features of energy supply of Eastern European countries and, especially, the Baltic ...
Events and narration in socio-cultural practices
... behavioural patterns, serves as a motivator for members of society, a cause and reason for actions and an initiator of terraced events that inevitably occur as a response to events in reality. The emerging connections ‘event — narrative — action (special event)’ represent a system with a controlled feedback. Depending on a change in the factors of the occurrence and course of events, such a system can both enhance and reduce the result and consequences of events. In these systems, an ...
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... and Russia in the Baltic Sea region to more practical measures in the institutional, administrative, and financial fields.
1. Makarychev, A. S., Sergunin, A. A. 2013, «Mjagkaja sila» v dejstvii: Germanija i Kaliningrad ["Soft Power" in action: Germany and Kaliningrad], Rossija i mir v XXI veke [Russia and the world in the XXI century], no. 1, p. 73—89.
2. Devyatkov, A. V., Makarychev, A. S. (eds.) 2013, Rossija i Germanija v prostranstve evropejskih kommunikacij [Russia and Germany ...
Feyerabend’s Natural Law Notes and their significance for Kant studies. Preface
... concludes in the Introduction of Natural Law Notes that human will itself can not be in complete agreement with the moral law, because objective motive (that is the moral law alone) for this will isn’t identical with subjective ones (that are maxims of action). That is why it must be forced to follow the moral law and its commandments are for it imperatives. But in order not to distort autonomy of will, this force should come from the will itself. Such a force according to Kant is possible, if the will ...
Nuclear power in the Baltic Sea region: the history of emergence and the political and economic features of its development
... concludes that the joint construction of a new NPP is quite questionable. When it comes to politics, each of the three Baltic States is ready to build its own NPP. Thus, the development of nuclear power in the Baltic Sea region requires joint coordinated actions independent of any bloc-inspired interests of the states involved. Moreover, this success may prove sustainable if the actions are based on innovative decisions and modern technologies.
1. Japonskaja atomnaja jenergetika — budushhee pod voprosom ...
The Northern Dimension policy: current state and development prospects
....html> (Accessed 22 July 2010).
9. Hod'ko, S. 2010. Novye Rubezhi, № 1 (64).
10. Еntin, M. 2006. Vsja Evropa, Vyp. 4. [online] Available at: <http://www.mgimo.ru/alleurope/2006/04/04-severnoe-izmerenie.html> (Accessed 22 July 2010).
11. Action Plan for Northern Dimension with external and cross-border policies of the European Union 2000—2003. 2000. European Council. Doc. No. 9401/00 NIS 76, Brussels, 14 June.
12. Memorandum of Understanding setting out the modalities of establishing ...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
.... Vol. 11, № 1.
17. Sveiby K. E., Simons R. Collaborative Climate and Effectiveness of Knowledge Work- An Empirical Study // Ibid. 2002. Vol. 6, № 5.
18. Robertson S. A Tale of Knowledge-Sharing Systems // Ibid. Vol. 6, № 3.
19. Riege A. Actions to Overcome Knowledge Transfer Barriers in MNCs //Ibid. 2007. Vol. 11, № 1.
20. Beveren V. J. A Model of Knowledge Acquisition That Refocuses Knowledge Management // Ibid. 2002. Vol. 6, № 1.
21. Bhatt G. Organizing knowledge in the knowledge ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... and assesses their influence on the condition of rural economy. Special attention is paid to the analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural territory development. The authors summarise conceptual and strategic approaches and actions of the Baltic region states in the field of sustainable development of rural territories. The article identifies objectives, common for the Baltic region, relating to sustainability of rural territories, including sustainable use of natural resource ...
Translation and Discourse Analysis
... use. Depending on whether the term ‘discourse’ is understood in a narrower or a wider sense, discourse analysis aims at examining the structure and the function of language in various contexts and/or at revealing patterns of belief and habitual action, as well as social roles and power relations (Critical Discourse Analysis). Since translation can be characterised as an act of communication across linguistic and cultural boundaries, with source text and target text representing language in ...
A unified and harmonised European law and its impact on third countries
... no 115, p. 20 on customs duty for small flowered roses.
6. Commission Regulation (EEC) N 1677/88 of 15 June 1988, 1988, OJ L, no 150, p. 21, laying down quality standards for cucumber.
7. Commission, A. 2003, More Coherent European Contract Law, An Action Plan. COM, 68 final.
8. Council Regulation (EC) N 1206/2001 of 28 May 2001 on cooperation between the courts of the Member States in the taking of evidence in civil or commercial matters, 2001, OJ L, no 174, p. 1.
9. Council Regulation (EC) N 1346/2000 ...
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
40. Skwarzec, B., Struminska, D. I., Boryto, A. 2006. Nukleonika, Vol. 51, pp. 45—51.
41. Radioactivity in the Baltic Sea 2000—2005. 2008. Baltic Sea Environment Proc.: Publ. HELCOM N 85.
42. The Baltic Sea Joint Comprehensive Environmental Action Programme.1993. HELCOM. Helsinki. (Balt. Sea Environ. Proc. No. 48), pp. 2—1; 3—20.
43. HELCOM (2007). 2007. Baltic Sea Action Plan. Helsinki: HELCOM, p. 10.
44. Bastrop, R., Blank, M. 2005. Biological Invasions. Vol. 8. N. 5, pp. 1195—1200....
Influence of hematopoietic growth factors on the activation status and functional activity of human T-lymphocytes
... 2007. Vol. 109 (3).
10. Burgess A. W., Camakaris J., Metcalf D. Purification and properties of colonystimulating factor from mouse lung-conditioned medium // J Biol Chem. 1977. Vol. 252. P. 1998—2003.
11. Burgess A. W., Metcalf D. The nature and action of granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factors // Blood. 1980. Vol. 56. P. 947—958.
12. Byts N., Sirеn A. L. Erythropoietin: a multimodal neuroprotective agent // Experimental & Translational Stroke Medicine. 2009. Vol. 1. P. 4.
Verbal aggression in modern poetry: conventional and unconventional functioning of discourse markers
... Poetics. In: E.Ya. Basin and M.Ya. Polyakov, eds. Strukturalizm «za» i «protiv» [Structuralism "for" and "against"]. Translated by I. A. Melchuk. Moscow. pp. 193—230 (in Russ.).
Adams, F. and Steadman, А., 2004. Intentional Action in Ordinary Language: Core Concept or Pragmatic Understanding? Analysis, 64, pp. 173—181.
Bandura, A., 1983. Psychological mechanisms of aggression. In: R. G. Geen and E. Donnerstein, eds. Aggression: Theoretical and empirical reviews. New York....
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
....europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex UriServ.do?uri=COM:1998:0246:FIN:EN:PDF (accessed 11.10.2013).
9. Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament,the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, of 26 April 2000, «Action Plan to improve energy efficiency in the European Community », 2000, COM, no. 247 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/
LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2007:0247:FIN:EN:PDF (accessed 19.09.2013).
10. Communication from the Commission,...
What They Say and Write on Russian Language in Lithuania Today
....ru/2011/09/03/litva-borba-za-russkij-yazyk-prodolzhaetsya/ (дата обращения: 09.09.2011).
35. Русские Литвы просят помощи в сохранении образования на родном языке. URL: http://www.ruvek.ru/?module=news&action=view&id=7518 (дата обращения: 14.10.2011).
36. Русский язык в Литве знает почти каждый. URL: news.rin.ru. (дата обращения: 25.09.2011).
37. Русский язык укрепляет ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... Gollandii [More than a party. What the elections in Holland showed]. Available at:
[Accessed 22 December 2017].
20. Kravchenko, E. I. Teoriya sotsial'nogo deistviya ot Vebera k fenomenologam [Theory of social action from Weber to phenomenologists]. Available at:
sj/sj/sj3—01krav.html sait [Accessed 22 December 2017].
21. Kuznetsova, E., Khimshiashvili, P. Eksperty Kremlya predskazali rost populizma v Rossii po zapadnoi modeli [Kremlin ...
Frolova Ye. The theoretical and methodological issues of the revival of natural law
... law and the unchanged form of moral prescriptions.The author focuses on the development of Kantian approach in solving the problem of moral philosophy. The essence of morals is revealed not in the creation of ideal projects but rather in the need for action: the moral law must be implemented in the outside world. The theory of standards and ethics evaluates moral foundations as an internal absolute value. However, a definition of morals is meaningful only as an individual experience of a person, social ...
On the measures taken by the Latvian government to solve the economic problems caused by the beginning of World War II
This article offers an analysis of the actions of Latvian government aimed to solve the economic and social problems in the difficult period of the beginning of World War II.
. Канун трагедии: Сталин и международный кризис: ...
The device for determination of durability of adhesive communication
The device intended for determination of durability of adhesive communication at action of normal and tangent tension is presented. The device will find application in mechanical engineering.
1. Кочнев А. М., Заикин А. Е., Галибеев С. С., Архиреев В. П. Физикохимия полимеров....