Generative linguistics by N. Chomsky in the world language study
n overview // Language: psychological and biological aspects. Cambridge
Bondarenko I. V.
transformational grammar, surface structure, deep structure, transformations, universal grammar,
mental structures, cognitive linguistics, generative language models, syntactic semantics, generative phonology,
phonological rules, mental representations language faculty, language competence.
On the problem of cultural reference of proverbs (the Russian proverbs with images of clothing)
... po slavyanskoi mifologii i etnolingvistike [Language and folk culture. Essays on Slavic mythology and ethnolinguistics]. Moscow.
44. Fattakhova, N. N., Kul'kova, M. A., 2013. Narodnye primety v raznostrukturnykh yazykakh [Folk features in different structure languages]. Moscow.
45. Frolova, O. E., 2007. Mir, stoyashchii za tekstom: Referentsial'nye mekhanizmy poslovits, anekdota, volshebnoi skazki i avtorskogo povestvovatel'nogo khudozhestvennogo teksta [The world behind the text: Referential mechanisms of ...
‘What can be described can happen too…’: describing text semantics as a model structure of transworld relationships
... the multidimensional semantic organization of a text, particularly, I focus on the possibility of using the apparatus of modal semantics to identify the relationship between sentential complexes. To those ends, I employ the concepts of model, model structure, and centred world. The latter is a system of functions that correlate language expressions, the language expressions of a text, states of affairs (possible worlds) described by language expressions, and the contexts in which a text occurs. Existence in the worlds of the text correlates with the possibility of description....
History in Transcription and Transcription as History: Charles Bally in Soviet Linguistics
... argues that the gradual codification of the Балли variant was a result of ideological discussions in Soviet linguistics held in the 1920—1950s.
1. Admoni, V. G., 1956. Development of the syntactic theory in the West in the ХХ century and structuralism. Voprosy yazykoznaniya [Questions of linguistics], 6, pp. 48—64.
2. Balli, Sh., 1995. Obshchaya lingvistika i voprosy frantsuzskogo yazyka [General linguistics and questions of the French language]. Moscow.
3. Balli, Sh., 1961. Frantsuzskaya stilistika [French stylistics]. Moscow.
4. Budagov, R., 1955. Sharl Balli and his work in general and french linguistics. In: Sh. Balli Obshchaya lingvistika i voprosy frantsuzskogo yazyka [General ...
On the less obvious manifestations of the poetic function: a translator’s view
... devices borrowed from cinematic art proves the inimitability of the effect of the same device within the total conceptual structure of each text. Some of the propositions suggested are illustrated by excerpts of poetic translation done by the authors ... ... in comprehension, précis and composition. London.
Arnold, I. V., 2016. Stilistika. Angliysky yazyk [Stylistics. The English Language]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Barthes, R., 1977. The Death of the Author. In: Image, music, text. London, pp. 142—148.
The text in the context of the Tartu Semiotic School: problems and prospects
... linguistic.]. Tartu: TGU. pp. 30—63 (in Russ.).
Zolyan, S. T., 2016. Yuri Lotman on the text: Ideas, problems, prospects. Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie [New Literary Review], 3(139), pp. 63—96 (in Russ.).
Zolyan, S. T., Chernov, I. A., 1977. On the structure of the language of the description of behavior. Trudy po znakovym sistemam [Transactionses on Sign Systems], 8, pp. 151—163 (in Russ.).
Levin, Yu. I., Segal, D. M., Timenchik, R. D., Toporov, V. N., Tsiv'yan, T. V., 1974. Russian semantic poetics as a potential ...
On poetic emotiology in poetry and beyond
... dead (about two communicative types of speech). Aktual'nye problemy stilistiki [Actual problems of stylistics], 1, pp. 36—43 (in Russ.).
Kovtunova, I. I., 1986. Asymmetric dualism of a linguistic sign. In: Problemy strukturnoi lingvistiki 1983 [Structural linguistics problems 1983]. Moscow, pр.87—108 (in Russ.).
Kovtunova, I. I., 1990. Some directions of the evolution of poetic language in the XX century. In: Poeticheskii yazyk i idiostil' [Poetic language and idiostyle]. Moscow, рр. 7—27 (in Russ.).
Kovtunova, I. I., 2006. Person category in the language of poetry. In: Poeticheskaya grammatika. [Poetic grammar], 1. Moscow,...
Action-thoughts and the genesis of time in linguistic semiosis
... action-thoughts in the cognitive domain of language. It is emphasized that the construction of a temporal sequence that unites what is and what already or still is not, is possible only in linguistic semiosis. The analogy with Husserl’s tripartite structure of the time-consciousness flow helps elucidate the triad ‘present-past-future’ as an instance of the epistemological trap of language: ‘past’ and ‘future’ are mental constructs that belong to the present just as any other act of thinking.
Arendt, H., 1998. The Human Condition. Chicago.
Arutunova, N. D., 1999. Yazyk i mir cheloveka [Language and the Human World]. Moscow ...
Implications of J. L. Holland’s theory: applicability of RIASEC structure and assessment to English language teachers of the Kaliningrad region
... Journal of Counseling Psychology. 1995. № 42.P. 431—439.
32. Idem. The spherical representation of vocational interests // Journal of Vocational Behavior. 1996. № 48. P. 3—41.
Budarina A. O., Morozov O. G.
Holland’s theory, RIASEC model structure, vocational needs, English
Literary communication: from semiotic models to a theory of linguistic aesthetics
... Moscow (in Russ.).
Alpatov, V. M., 2005. Voloshinov, Bahtin i lingvistika [Voloshinov, Bakhtin and linguistics]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Bühler, K., 1993. Teorija jazyka. Reprezentativnaja funkcija jazyka [Theory of language. Representative function of language]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Eco, U., 2006. Otsutstvujushhaja struktura. Vvedenie v semiologiju [Absent structure. Introduction to Semiology]. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Feshchenko, V. V. and Koval' O. V., 2014. Sotvorenie znaka. Ocherki o lingvojestetike i semiotike iskusstva [Creation of the sign. Essays on linguoaesthetics and semiotics of art]. Moscow ...
Theatrical interpretation of a literary work from the standpoint of semiotic creativity
... research perspective of cognitive semiotics. Ural’skiy filologicheskiy vestnik [Ural Philological Bulletin], 2, pp. 37—47 (in Russ.).
Kolshanskiy, G. V., 1984. Kommunikativnaya funktsiya i struktura yazyka [The communicative function and the structure of language]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Langacker, R. W., 1997. Consciousness and Subjectivity. In: M. Stamenov ed. Language, Structure, Discourse and the Access to Consciousness. Amsterdam: John Benjamins, pp. 49—76.
Langlotz, A., 2015. Language, creativity,...
The Conjunction Functions of the Particle tolko: A Conjunction Particle vs a Conjunction Analogue
20. Letuchii, A. B., 2017. Russian adverbs with the meaning of time only, only just, just that: the meaning of the recent past and the resultant meaning. Voprosy yazykoznaniya [Issues of linguistics], 1, pp. 53—73.
21. Lyapon, M. V., 1982. The structure of the relationship and the situational conditions for its implementation in a complex sentence. In: Russkii yazyk: Tekst kak tseloe i komponenty teksta. (Vinogradovskie chteniya XI) [Russian language: Text as a whole and text components. (Vinogradov readings XI). Moscow. pp. 63—77.
22. Makarenko, E. V. On the meaning and function of separative and adversative unions in a polypredicative complex sentence. In: Nepolnoznachnye slova kak sredstvasvyazi....
Reframing paroemias of the coronavirus discourse
... pragmatic and cultural analyses used to study language phenomena as a means of organizing social experience in speech communication, as well as corpus-based methods of the selection and processing of linguistic data. This involves not only identifying language units and structures, but also describing conditions and mechanisms for their selection and functioning. The research material included examples of phraseological and paremiological transformations characteristic of the coronavirus discourse: refraseologization,...
In search of the text generating structure: Jakobson’s theory of the poetic function of language
... Jakobson explores it in a structuralist way. In “The Newest Russian Poetry” the scholar summarises the ideas that became fundamental for him in the 1960s-1970s: the ideas of the teleological nature of poetry, a close connection between mental and language structures, and the relevance of the identification of text structure as a relatively stable set of relations for the analysis of sense-making and text generation. Exploring the concept of literariness, Jakobson reveals a system of universal and interlevel ...
The linguistic paradigm in Kant studies
... reinen Vernunft nebst Ausführungen über ein neues Stilgesetz auf historisch-kritischer und psychologischer Grundlage. Würzburg.
9. Admoni, V. G., 1973. Puti razvitiya grammaticheskogo stroya v nemetskom yazyke [Ways of development of the grammatical structure of the German language]. Moscow.
10. Kant, I., 1980. Traktaty i pis'ma [Treatises and letters]. Moscow.
11. Lauter, J., 1966. Untersuchungen zur Sprache von Kants „Kritik der reinen Vernunft“. Köln.
12. Chernenok, I. G., 2005. Sposoby vyrazheniya argumentatsii ...
Andrej Zaliznjak. Cutting off the unnecessary
... redundant information in his rule-based grammatical descriptions and kept the latter apart from other linguistic issues as well as from historical-philological commentary. Although Zaliznjak himself stayed away from programmatic declarations about the language structure and avoided developing integral theories of language, he can be called a consistent structuralist who successfully applied natural science criteria to linguistic evidence.
Zaliznyak, A. A., 1963. Linguistic problems. In: T. N. Moloshnaya,...
Intonational means of expressing the "new" and the "given" categories in English, Russian and Spanish
... Cambridge, 1986.
5. German J., Pierrenhumbert J., Kaufmann S. Evidence for phonological constraints on nuclear accent placement // Language. 2006. Vol. 82, № 1. P. 151—168.
6. Gunter R. On the placement of accent in dialogue: A feature of context grammar ... ... and Spanish // 4th International Conference on contrastive Linguistics. Compostela, 2005. P. 603—611.
10. Ladd D. R. The Structure of Intonational Meaning. Bloomington, 1980.
11. Levis J. M. Teaching Focus for Conversational use. 2001. 55(1). P. ...
Immanuel Kant and the problem of communicative constructivism
... method in the theory and philosophy of language. He assumed that language had a priori roots and that it was energeia rather than ergon. The active theory of language (social communication) was further developed in the 20th century within the concept of language symbolism, namely, Ernst Cassirer’s system of symbolic forms. It suggests that communicative structures are independent from real facts, since they participate in the construction of these very objective facts. In the conclusion, the author examines several American theories of language (social communication), namely, relativism (Edward Sapir,...
The Riddle as an Object of Linguistic Research
6. Kovshova, M. L., 2015. Idiom and riddle. Mysteriousness of the idiom. In: V. Dem’yankov, E. Pozdnyakova, eds. Kognitivnye issledovaniya yazyka. Lingvisticheskie tekhnologii v gumanitarnykh issledovaniyakh. Vyp. XXIII [Cognitive studies of the language. Linguistic technologies in humanitarian research. Issue XXIII]. Moscow; Tambov, pp. 643— 651.
7. Levin, Yu. I., 1978. Semantic structure of the riddle. In: G. L. Permyakov, ed. Paremiologicheskii sbornik. Poslovitsa. Zagadka (Struktura, smysl, tekst) [Paremiological collection. Proverb. Riddle (Structure, meaning, text)]. Moscow, pp. 283—314.
8. Rybnikova, M. A., 1932. Zagadki ...
The semantic category of affectedness and its syntactic realisation
... the cognitive perspective // Динамические модели: Слово. Предложение. Текст : сб. ст. в честь Е. В. Падучевой. М.,2008. C. 970—988.
19. Keenan E. Passive in the World’s Languages // Language Typology and Syntactic description. Cambridge, 1985. Vol. 1 : Clause Structure. P. 243—281.
20. Klaiman M. H. Affectedness and control: a typology of voice systems // Typological studies in language. Amsterdam, 1988. Vol. 16 : Passive and voice. P. 25—84.
21. Klaiman M. H. Control and grammar // Linguistics. 1991....
Philosophical Discourse and the Conceptualisation of Word Formation
... progress. In: N. A. Fateeva et al., eds. Poetika iskanii ili poisk poetiki [Poetics of searching or searching for poetics]. Moscow, p. 79—89.
10. Fateeva, N. A., 2006. Otkrytaya struktura: O poeticheskom yazyke i tekste rubezha XX— XXI vekov [Open structure: On the poetic language and the text of the turn of the XX—XXI centuries]. Moscow.
conceptualisation, hyphen, philosophical discourse, word formation
Verbal aggression in modern poetry: conventional and unconventional functioning of discourse markers
... speech], 1, pp. 42—49 (in Russ.).
Shcherbinina, Yu. V., 2006. Verbal'naya agressiya [Verbal aggression]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Yakobson, R. O., 1975. Linguistics and Poetics. In: E.Ya. Basin and M.Ya. Polyakov, eds. Strukturalizm «za» i «protiv» [Structuralism "for" and "against"]. Translated by I. A. Melchuk. Moscow. pp. 193—230 (in Russ.).
Adams, F. and Steadman, А., 2004. Intentional Action in Ordinary Language: Core Concept or Pragmatic Understanding? Analysis, 64, pp. 173—181.
Bandura, A., 1983. Psychological mechanisms of aggression. In: R. G. Geen and E. Donnerstein, eds. Aggression: Theoretical and empirical reviews. New York. pp. 1—40.
Integrated approach to the event frame analysis
..., Atkins B. T. Toward a Frame-based Lexicon: The Semantics of RISK and its Neighbors. Frames, Fields and Contrasts // New Essays in Semantic and Lexical Organization eds. A. Lehrer, E. Kittay. Hillsdale, 1992. P. 75—102.
17. Jackendoff R. Semantic Structures. Cambridge, MA, 1990.
18. Jackendoff R. The architecture of the linguistic-spatial interface // Language and Space ed. P. Bloom [et al.]. Cambridge, MA, 1996. P. 1—30.
19. Hafri A., Papafragou A., Trueswell J. The gist of events: Implications for language production and scene description // Poster presented at the CUNY Conference on Human Sentence ...
Linguistics in the 21st Century: Problems, Prospects, and Growth Points
... variability, which is asystemic and oriented towards quantitative approaches, diachrony, and maximum linguistic diversity.
1. Gasparov, B. M., 1996. Yazyk. Pamyat'. Obraz. Lingvistika yazykovogo sushchestvovaniya [Language. Memory. Image. Linguistics of language existence]. Moscow.
2. Zhivov, V. M., Timberleik, A., 1997. Parting with structuralism (theses for discussion). Voprosy yazykoznaniya [Issues of linguistics], 3.
3. Sossyur, F. de, 1977. Course of general linguistics. In: F. de Sossyur. Trudy po yazykoznaniyu [Proceedings on linguistics]. Moscow.
4. Bybee, J., 2007. Frequency ...
The Evolution of Settlement Areas of Ingrian Finns in Northwest Russia in the Second Half of the 20th Century
... the North West region and Karelia], Leningrad, 117 p.
7. Itogi Vserossijskoj perepisi naselenija 2002 goda [Results of the National Population Census 2002], in 14 volumes, T. 4, Vol. 1 Nacional'nyj sostav i vladenie jazykami, grazhdanstvo [National structure and language skills, citizenship], 2004, Moscow, 945 p.
8. Itogi Vsesojuznoj perepisi naselenija 1989 goda [Results of the All-Union population census of 1989]. Vol III. Nacional'nyj sostav naselenija Karel'skoj ASSR [The ethnic composition of the Karelian ...
The moving boundaries of news translation
... Bartrina, eds. The Routledge Handbook of Translation Studies. London: Routledge. pp. 332—346.
Jacobs, G. and Tobback, E., 2013 Is Language a News Value in Belgium? Journalism Studies, 14(3), pp. 407—422.
Kang, J.-H., 2007. Recontextualization of News Discourse: ... ... Meta: Translators’ Journal, 57(2), pp. 439—463. 10.7202/1013955ar.
Károly, K., 2012. News Discourse in Translation: Topical Structure and News Content in the Analytical News Article. Meta: Translators' Journal, 57(4), pp. 884—908. 10.7202/1021223ar....
The Image of the World Revealed In Words: Ludwig Wittgenstein and The Iсonic Semiotics
... than something determined by physical similarity. The basis for such a revision of iconicity can be found in Lessing's treatise “Laoсoon”, and the conception of iconicity is described in Wittgenstein's “Tractatus”. In the picture theory of language, iconicity is understood as a logical isomorphism between structures. This allows the author to expand the concept of iconicity — due to the use of verbal means, an image can denote both actual, possible and even non-existent entities. This makes it possible to consider a sign as not only a discrete and symbolic ...
From Energy of Word to Energy of Thing: Development of Linguistic and Philosophical Ideas of Alexander Potebnya in Works of Sergey Bulgakov
... historically genetically rooted in A. A. Potebnya's linguistic research; b) the basic difference between the philosophical bases of two concepts (gnoseological and ontological paradigms of language study); c) characteristic correspondence of basic views on the structure of word and the functioning of language.
Философия имени // Булгаков С.
Н. Первообраз и образ: соч. в 2 т. Т. 2: Философия имени. Икона и иконопочитание. Приложения....
Kantian Philosophy and ‘Linguistic Kantianism’
... 2000. Explorations in Linguistic Relativity. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Company, pp. 1-25.
17. Kuhn, T., 1996. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, 3rd ed. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
18. Kusch, M., 1988. Husserl and Heidegger ... ..., 2001. Truth in Context: An Essay on Pluralism and Objectivity, Cambridge (Mass.): The MIT Press.
20. Makeeva, L. B., 2006. Language and Reality. Logos, 57(6), pp. 3-20. (In Russ.)
21. Peckhaus, V., 2004. Schröder’s Logic. In: D. M. Gabbay, J. Woods,...
The problem of meaning in Social Semiotics: deep semiotics as a conceptual extension of Social Semiotics
... develops special signs emerge to replace the artefacts by denoting them. Iconic signs are based upon resemblance, index signs upon a causal relationship, and symbols on social conventions. Language is the most important system of symbolisation. Indeed, language serves as a guide to the systems of rules, values, and socio-cultural practices. In this paper, I present a model of deep semiotics, which is interpreted as a semantic structure of social experience objectified into a sign. This structure includes the material form, the referential meaning, and the personal meaning (attitudes and experiences) of the sign. This model describes the levels and dynamics of the assimilation ...
The theoretical framework a teacher’s cross-cultural compe-tence: International practice
... theoretical issues of cross-cultural competence. Particular attention is paid to the UK education system as one of the oldest structures in the world. Based on an analysis of a teacher’s cross-cultural experience at Durham University and the University ... ... M. J. Bennett (Eds.). Handbook of intercultural training. Third Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2004.
6. Byram M. Foreign language teaching and intercultural citizenship // Iranian Journal of Language Teaching Research. 2013. 1(3). P. 53—62.
7. Byram ...
Translation and Discourse Analysis
This paper will illustrate how discourse analysis had been incorporated in Translation Studies. Discourse Analysis originated in Applied Linguistics and refers to the investigation of language in use. Depending on whether the term ‘discourse’ is understood in a narrower or a wider sense, discourse analysis aims at examining the structure and the function of language in various contexts and/or at revealing patterns of belief and habitual action, as well as social roles and power relations (Critical Discourse Analysis). Since translation can be characterised as an act of communication ...
Functions of syntactic structures in the context of jakobson’s model of communication
... the functional spectrum of syntactic units in poetic discourse. The semantics of sentences is an integral part of the semantic structure of a poetic text. Poetic syntax, closely related to the melody, metrics and composition of the poetic text, plays a ... ... lyric poetry of the XIX century: Development of style and genre]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Lotman, Yu. M., 2011. Poetic tongue-tied language of Andrei Bely. In: O poetakh i poezii [About poets and poetry]. St. Petersburg, pp. 681—687 (in Russ.).
Traditional Structures in Contemporary Chinese Poetry
This paper analyses structures typical of the classical Chinese poetry and the way they are used in contemporary Chinese verse. The analysis aims ... ... images and the tradition of the 20th century Chinese ‘New Poetry’. Such experiments expand the capabilities of the Chinese language and construct a type of text that relies on an unconventional usage of its elements.
1. Azarova, N. M., 2013. Anagramming ...
Formal terms of reproach in Russian discourse
... Izvestiya RAN. Seriya literatury` i yazy`ka [The Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Studies in Literature and Language], 79(3), pp. 24—48 (in Russ.).
Shcherbinina, Y. V., 2004. Russkii yazyk: Rechevaya agressiya i puti ee preodoleniya [Russian language: Speech aggression and ways to overcome it]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Goldberg, A., 1995. Constructions: A Construction Grammar Approach to Argument Structure. Chicago.
Hanson, K. C., 1996. How Honorable! How Shameful! A Cultural Analysis of Matthew's Makarisms and Reproaches. Semeia, 68, pp. 83—114.
Klein, D. B., 2001. A Plea to Economists Who Favour Liberty: Assist the Everyman. London.
The frame approach to teaching vocabulary in Russian as a foreign language classes
... средство обучения русскому языку как ино¬странному: фреймовый подход (начальный этап обучения) : автореф. дис. … канд. пед. наук. М., 2012
technique, frame, language structure, vocabulary, grammar, cultural lin¬guistics, Russian holidays, linguistic county studies
Anagrammatic structures in the semiotic aspect
... structures in verbal texts. The traditional perspective on the phenomenon is defined as a general sign-based one: anagrammatic structures are examined in music and mathematics. It is concluded that anagrams are special cognitive universals; anagrammatic structures are possible in semiotic codes with a linear organisation; one of the key functions of anagrams is cognitive – linear texts are perceived as a whole
anagrams, proper noun, semiotic codes, mathematics, music, text, typology, language.
Ambiguity matters in linguistics and translation
... pp. 39—46.
Black, M., 1937. Vagueness: An exercise in logical analysis. Philosophy of Science, 4, pp. 427—455.
Camp, E., 2006. Metaphor and That Certain ‘Je Ne Sais Quoi’. Philosophical Studies, 129, pp. 1—25.
Chomsky, N., 1957. Syntactic Structures. The Hague: Mouton de Gruyter.
Chomsky, N., 2000. New Horizons in the Study of Language and Mind. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Cruse, D., 1986. Lexical Semantics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Dunbar, G., 2001. Towards a Cognitive Analysis of Polysemy, Ambiguity and Vagueness. Cognitive Linguistics, 12, pp. 1—14....
The development of the grammaticon of a multicultural language personality
This article defines grammaticon as an integrated part of a multicultural language personality, which includes an inventory of grammatical units and relations between them, as well as the ability to use these grammatical units in real cross-cultural communication. The structure of grammaticon consists of 3 parts: the universal, the national, and the individual components.
Компетентностный подход к образованию и обучению иностранным языкам ...
Propositional nominant as a special type of a language sign
The article shows why we single out the propositional nominant as a special type of a language sign. The nomination process of functionally structured events is considered in onomasiological strategy. The interpretation of the problem stated in this article's title is carried out on the base of functionally structured sign with the signified as a simple sentence with a verbal predicate.
Conceptualisation of transfer and translation in modern linguistics
... priority ones. The understanding of translation corresponds to different cognitive operations — shared knowledge is important for structuralism, perspectivisation is relevant to cross-cultural studies, and blending is crucial for cultural transfer studies.... ... Dem'yankov,V. Z., 2016. Cognitive techniques of knowledge transfer. Kognitivnye issledovaniya yazyka [The cognitive study of language], 26, pp. 29—32.<br>
3. Dmitrieva, E., 2011. The theory of cultural transfer and the comparative method in humanitarian ...
Full and short personal names in Russian: a quantitative study
.... and Sharov, S. A., 2009. Chastotnyi slovar' sovremennogo russkogo yazyka (na materialakh Natsional'nogo korpusa russkogo yazyka) [Frequency Dictionary of the Modern Russian Language (Based on the Materials of the National Corpus of the Russian Language)]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Petrovskii, N. A., 2000. Slovar' russkikh lichnykh imen [Dictionary of Russian personal names]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Superanskaya, A. V., 1969. Struktura imeni sobstvennogo: Fonologiya i morfologiya [The structure of a proper name: Phonology and morphology]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Superanskaya, A. V., 1973. Obshchaya teoriya imeni sobstvennogo [General theory of proper names]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Superanskaya, A. V., 1998. Slovar' russkikh lichnykh imen [Dictionary ...
The media image of San Escobar in the space of fictional worlds: a socio-semiotic perspective
The article deals with the process of structuring the concept of the fictitious state of San Escobar from the perspective of social semiotics, including the broadly ... ... social practices, I draw conclusions about the recontextualization of Mikhail Bakhtin's ideas concerning the polyphonic nature of language and communication.
Ageyeva, R. A., 1990. Strany i narody: Proiskhozhdeniye nazvaniy [Countries and Peoples: Origin ...
Language as mimesis (lyric poetry in H.-G. Gadamer’s herm¬e¬neutics)
... truth. In Gadamer’s philosophical hermeneutics, the basis of art is the notion of mimesis, which is not the Platonic copy of idea, but an increase in being. Gadamer uses lyrical poetry to show that mimesis should be regarded as transformation into structure (Verwandlung ins Gebilde) and addresses the world as a significant whole. He explains mimesis in poetry by analogy with the “inner word” doctrine and comes to the conclusion that the finite human language is rooted in the infinite whole of the world’s experience, which makes a lyrical poem a hermeneutical process and an event of truth.
1. Аристотель. Поэтика. Риторика. СПб., 2007.
2. Борисов Е. В. Игра ...
The functioning of phraseological units with zoonym components in the Russian and Lithuanian languages
This article considers the semantics of Russian and Lithuanian zoonym phraseological units and performs their semantic and structural systematisation. The author identifies the cultural linguistic features of fixed expressions containing a zoonym component ... ... 1968. № 5.
6. Sasnauskas V. Vaikučių kalendorius. Pavasaris. Kaunas, 2008.
zoonym, semantic content, phraseology, Russian language, Lithuanian language, worldview, ideographic description
‘Many years to the invincible’: The axiological meanings of the spatial and temporal images in Boris Pasternak’s poem ‘Neoglyadnost’/’ Spanlessness’
This article is an attempt to expose and analyse the chronotopical structure of Boris Pasternak's poem ‘Neogliadnost’/’Spanlessness’, written in 1944. The axiological meaning of spatiotemporal images in the poet's Weltanschauung is evaluated within a broader context of Russian language and culture. It is argued that the poem’s key value-laden motif, victory, is introduced in the text in three temporal domains. Two of them — the planes of the historical past and present — belong to the sphere of time. They are intrinsically ...
The qualia structure and its role for linguistics research
... P. Lexical semantics in context. Oxford, 1996.
26. Pustejovsky J., Boguraev P. Lexical Knowledge representation and natural language processing // Morphosyntax-Semantics Interface in Lexicalist Theories SS. Saarland University, 2003. URL: http://www.... ... http://yazykoznanie.ru/content/view/83/272/ (дата обращения: 29.10.2011).
Boyarskaya E. L.
generative lexicon, Qualia structure, Qualia roles, linguistic
analysis, meaning representation.
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
... Radio Broadcasts. Past Imperfect, 2, pp. 47—72.
Fairclough, N., 2010. Critical Discourse Analysis: The Critical Study of Language. London.
Fauconnier, G. and Turner, M., 1996. Blending as a Central Process in Grammar. In: A. Goldberg, ed. Conceptual Structure, Discourse and Language. Stanford. pp. 113—130.
Genette, G., 1982. Palimpsestes: La litterature au second degre. Paris.
Goldberg, R., 1979. Performance: Live Art, 1909 to the Present. New York.
Heibach, Ch., 2011. Avant-garde theater as total artwork? Media-theoretical ...
“Čut’ živye, v noč’ osennjuju / My s ochoty vozvraščaemsja…” Secondary predicate in Nekrasov’s poetic texts
Jakobson, R., 1975. Linguistics and poetics. In: E. Ya. Basin, М. Ya. Polyakova eds. Strukturalizm: “za” i “protiv” [Structuralism: “pro” and “contra”]. Moscow, pp. 193—230 (in Russ.).
Jakobson, R., 1983. The poetry of grammar and the ... .... L. Gasparov ed. Raboty po poetike [Works on poetics]. Moscow, pp. 213—218 (in Russ.).
Jakobson, R., 1996. Two aspects of language and two types of aphasic disturbances. In: Yazyk i bessoznatel'noe [Language and the unconscious]. Moscow, pp. 27—53 ...
Modern approaches to the selection of teaching aids in a foreign (English) languages at a non-linguistic university
... devoted to the problem of selecting the content of the “for-eign language” university course, in particular the selection of textbooks on the basis of modern psychological and pedagogical approaches. In order to im-prove the quality of teaching languages at university, the author suggests considering the content and structural component of textbooks from the pers-pective of the formation of students’ autonomy — one of the key notions of modern pedagogics.
Компетентностный подход к проектированию ...