The Text and Discourse in the Light of Communicative Meaning Formation
This article analyses differences between the static and dynamic interpretations of the text and discourse. The concept of a communicative action (a semiotic act) is considered as the main distinguishing factor that is crucial for the communicative model of text but is ignored within the language model. The communicative (dynamic) model postulates the following: 1) the text ...
Features of an addressee as an element of communicative interaction in social media
Based on «VKontakte», «YouTube», «Facebook» social media services, this article considers the main features of the reciever as a structural element of the communicative interaction comparing to the standard media.
1. Гавра Д. П. Основы теории коммуникации. СПб., 2011.
2. Калмыков А. А. Интернет для журналиста. М., 2005.
3. Качкаева ...
Effective risk communication as a factor in managing protests attitudes in a local community
Contemporary research into the perception of environmental risks suffers from poor knowledge of risk communication in the local community and of how different ways of risk communication affect protest attitudes. This study aims to clarify communication strategies and practices used by members of local communities as a protest response to environmental ...
Bases of the theory of digital communication systems with not orthogonal carrier frequencies
The algorithm of the solution of the task of permission of signals in communication systems with not orthogonal carrier frequencies is provided. A basis are provisions of the theory of optimum reception in the annex to communication systems. It is shown that the system of equations of credibility allows to solve for communication ...
The use of coherent time-frequency multiplexing to improve the performance of the atmospheric optical communication system
The possibility of application coherent time-frequency multiplexing is cosidered at construction of free space optical communication lines, which allows to increase the effective communication range and channel capacity for the subscriber access network.
1. Gagliardi R. M., Karp S. Optical Communications. N. Y., 1995.
2. Andrews L. C., Phillips R. L., Hopen C. Y....
On the formation of speech and communication values in students of technical universities
This article focuses on the importance of developing speech and communicative skills in students of technical universities in view of the requirements of the Russian higher education system after the transition to the 3rd generation federal state education standards. A comparison of 2010—2013 survey of junior and ...
Multichannel hybrid atmospheric optical communication system
The possibility of application of the newly developed multi-channel hybrid atmospheric optical communication system, which allows to increase the capacity, performance, reliability and efficiency of the communication channel. A well constructed simulations of the developed system.
1. Aljunid S. A., Ismail M. F., Ramil A. R. A New Family of Optical ...
Linguistic means of expressing strategies and tactics in the texts of charter documents of a volunteer organisation
This article presents the results of a communicative study of the charter documents of “Proryv” volunteer centre. The author describes the main communicative strategies and tactics used in the regulations on the centre establishment and job descriptions to express the communicative purpose ...
Development of a new typology of communicative barriers in modern pedagogy
This article offers a new classification of communicative barrier types based on causal relation. These barrier types are identified according to strictly subjective criteria as student's individual psychological factors leading to the destruction of common communicative activity and a decrease ...
Immanuel Kant and the problem of communicative constructivism
This article focuses on the relation between the subject and object in theory of cognition. Special attention is paid to the role of social communication in the construction of the real world. The author stresses that the language communication plays an important role in this process. Thereby, it affects human cognition as well as all existence. When discussing this phenomenon, the author ...
The value fundamentals of the “we image” in Russian culture through the prism of mother-child communication
This article interprets the results of an analysis of communicative interaction between a mother and a child in the Russian national linguistic and cultural community. Based on the author’s video corpus of interactions in the mother-child dyads, a number of maternal communication techniques are identified,...
The communicative space of N. Kononov’s novel The Tender Theatre
This article examines the communicative space and its structure in N. Kononov’s novel Tender Theatre, which helps understand the ontological drama of the character who is alienated from the world and people and unable to see the border between the reality and memories.
1. Кононов ...
Digital World Communication аnd Translation
The introduction of digital computers, information and communication technologies (ICTs), and the Internet/Web has broadened the scope of communication globally in ways unprecedented in human history. The “digital world” implies more than the technical and instrumental aspects and usage of technology; ...
The device for determination of durability of adhesive communication
The device intended for determination of durability of adhesive communication at action of normal and tangent tension is presented. The device will find application in mechanical engineering.
1. Кочнев А. М., Заикин А. Е., Галибеев С. С., Архиреев В. П. Физикохимия ...
A cognitive approach to argumentation and message produc-tion
... The Logic Fallacy, Cognitive Theory, and the Enthymeme: A Search for the Foundations of Reasoned Discourse // Quarterly Journal of Speech. 1970. Vol. 56, № 2. P. 140—148.
9. Delia J. G., Kline S. L., Burleson B. R. The Development of Persuasive Communication Strategies in Kindergarteners through Twelfth-Graders // Communication Monographs. 1979. Vol. 46, № 4. P. 241—256.
10. Dillard J. P. The Goals-Plans-Action Model of Interpersonal Influence. URL:
The theoretical framework a teacher’s cross-cultural compe-tence: International practice
... worldview: Exploring the nexus // International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 1995. № 19. P. 143—153.
11. Ganesh S. & Holmes P. Positioning intercultural dialogue — theories, pragmatics, and an agenda // Journal of International and Intercultural Communication. 2011. № 4 (2). P. 81—86.
12. Hammer M. R., Bennett M. J., Wiseman R. L. Measuring intercultural sensitivity: The intercultural development inventory // International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 2002. № 27. P. 421—443.
Corporate sport and its mission in the development of an international company
This article considers the problems of development of sports as a social phenomenon and a means of cross-cultural communication and international business development. The authors present data on the experimental testing of the developed corporate sport model.
Koltan S., Koneeva E.
sport, corporate sport, cross-cultural communication, cross-cultural competences
Social and cultural determinants in the perception of environmental risks: Douglas grid group analysis
... These differences can be explained by different cultural types: a negative attitude prevails among individualists and egalitarians, a contrasting position prevails among hierarchs. It has been established that there are socially determined forms of communication regarding overcoming environmental risks, for instance, word of mouth and appeals to government institutions (villagers) and street protests (city residents). There are also differences in the choice of effective methods of risk communication,...
The letter to itself: about communications problem in a picture of the world of N. Kononova (on a story example «The Amnesia Anastass»)
In the article the phenomenon «Another I» of the hero on a story material «the Amnesia Anastasia» is analyzed by N. Kononov. In work the letter as the basic way of communications of the hero with the imagined addressee is considered, and existence of the alternative person of the hero contacts special unsteadiness, instability and step-type behaviour of the art world of the given author.
1. Агеев В. Н. Семиотика....
Estimation of Radio Signal Attenuation for «Earth — Space» Path Design
... Rucker F., Ortgies G. Diurnal and Seasonal Variations of OTS Amplitude Scintillations // Elec. Letters. 1985. Vol. 21, iss. 4. P. 143—145.
8. Karasawa Y., Yamada M., Allnutt J. E. A New Prediction Method for Tropospheric Scintillation in Satellite Communication // IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat. 1988. Vol. AP-36, iss. 11. P. 1608—1614.
9. Banjo O. P., Vilar E. Measurement and Modelling of Amplitude Scintillations on Low-Elevation Earth-Space Paths and Impact on Communication Systems // IEEE Trans....
Concepts of social support: positive and negative effects of social relations in the context of subjective well-being of a human being
// Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 2000. Vol. 79. №
6. P. 953—961.
Brashers D. E., Neidig J. L., Goldsmith D. J.
Social support and the management of uncertainty for people living with HIV or AIDS // Health Communication. 2004. Vol. 16. P. 305—331.
R., MacGeorge E.
Supportive communication // Handbook of interpersonal communication / eds. M.
L. Knapp, J.
A. Daly; 3rd ed.
Reseach of loses at propagation of the radio signal of cellular communication on the basis of statistical models
Calculation of level of losses of a radio signal of cellular communication in the conditions of a city with dense many-storeyed building on the basis of statistical models is resulted. On the basis of statistical look-ahead estimations of loss of capacity of a signal on an input of user's stations scientific directions ...
The moving boundaries of news translation
... exchanges with audiovisual translation.
Baker, M., 2006. Translation and Conflict: A Narrative Account. London: Routledge.
Bassnett, S., 2005. Bringing the News Back Home: Strategies of Acculturation and Foreignisation. Language and Intercultural Communication, 5(2), pp. 120—130. 10.1080/14708470508668888.
Bielsa, E. and Bassnett, S., 2009. Translation in Global News. London, New York: Routledge.
Bouko, C., et al., (in press) Being a Journalist in a Multilingual Country: Representations of Dutch ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... the present and earlier forms of PD. The author examines the ontology and principal characteristics of PD, describes the state of political discourse prior to its current transformation and identifies the key problems and actual results of political communication in modern society. Considering the rise of populism, the author stresses that the current problems stem from changes in communicative interactions caused by the emergence of new information technologies. Special emphasis is placed on the ...
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... Kaliningrad], Rossija i mir v XXI veke [Russia and the world in the XXI century], no. 1, p. 73—89.
2. Devyatkov, A. V., Makarychev, A. S. (eds.) 2013, Rossija i Germanija v prostranstve evropejskih kommunikacij [Russia and Germany in the European Space Communications], Tyumen, Tyumen State University Publishing.
3. Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions concerning the European Union Strategy ...
The Image of Contemporary Russia n Language and Culture: the Thematic Issue of «Russian Review»
... marketing and didactic types of discourse. Both national and international research works are taken into consideration. Nowadays researchers become increasingly interested in the category of image. A noticeably stronger position of anthropological, communicative and pragmalinguistic approaches to the analysis of linguistic phenomena and discursive practices has led to an intensive study of the image of state, as well as head of state in various spheres of communication. The image of the country ...
Sensitivity to cultural differences in students with different cross-cultural experience
... Bronfenbrener U., Harding J., Gallwey M. The measurement of skill in social per-ception. In McClelland, D. C. (Ed.). Talent and society. NY, 1958.
8. Chen G. M. Intercultural effectiveness. In L. A. Samovar, R. E. Porter, &
E. R. McDaniel (Eds.), Intercultural communication: A reader. Boston, 2009. P. 393—401.
9. Chen G. M., & Starosta W. J. A review of the concept of intercultural sensitivity // Human Communication. 1997. № 1. P. 1—16.
10. De Santos Velasco F. Desarrollo de la Competencia Intercultural ...
Building an optical local noise-resistant communication network
... emitting LED and several re-emitting LEDs to provide subscriber access. The use of this method allows achieving a throughput of up to 10 Gbit / s.
1. Rani J., Chauhan P., Tripathi R. Li-Fi (Light Fidelity) — The Future Technology in Wireless Communication // Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res. 2012. Vol. 7, iss. 11.
2. Mutthamma M. A Survey on Transmission of Data through Illumination —
Li-Fi // Int. J. Res. Comp. 2013. Vol. 2, iss. 12.
3. Gupta K., Saini A. Li-Fi — Light Fidelity Technology — ...
The attempts of founding of the Russian Idea as a Russian nation specific component of intercultural communication
... national identity and cultural self-determination for effective intercultural communi-cation is pointed out. Besides, the role of the Russian Idea as a Russian nation specific component, forming the national identity, when dealing with intercul-tural communication practices is discussed.
1. Berdyaev N. The Russian Idea: the Major Issues of the Russian Thought of XIX and Early XX centuries, 1946. URL: http://philologos.narod.ru/berdyaev/berd-rusidea.htm (дата обращения: 10.02.2014).
The media image of San Escobar in the space of fictional worlds: a socio-semiotic perspective
... semiotics, including the broadly understood context and media environment for constructing the image. The creation of the internet memes was inspired by a lapsus linguae of the Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs Witold Waszczykowski. Major changes in the communicative space, the dominance of digital media resources and multimodal messages, the hegemony of visual culture and the increased impact of the social factor on the specifics of linguistic transformations contribute to the growing popularity of ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
The so-called “compression” of social and economic space has been the subject of quite a few studies in the past decades. There are two principle types of compression: communicative, that is, associated with the development of transport and information systems, and physical, manifested in the rapid decrease of the number of new territories to explore. While physical and communicative compression are interrelated, they ...
Television news as a form of knowledge about politics
This article focuses on the features of political news communication. The author pays attention to various journalist techniques used in news delivery and identifies the most effective means to disseminate news.
1. Антипов К. В. Паблик рилейшнз : учеб. пособ. М., 2002.
Discursive features of Russian gender-oriented advertisements
... технологии в России. СПб., 2001.
7. Gilligan C. In a Different Voice: Psychological Theory and Women’s Development. Cambridge, 1982.
8. Goffman E. Gender Advertisements. N. Y., 1976.
9. Harré R. Persuasion and Manipulation // Discourse and Communication: New Approaches to the Analyses of Mass Media Discourse and Communication.Berlin ; N. Y., 1985. P. 126—142.
10. Hasan R. Ways of saying: ways of meaning // The Semiotics of Culture and Language. L., 1984. Vol. 1 : Language as Social ...
Civil protection in the EU and its effect on the safety of the Baltic region
... March 2007 establishing a Civil Protection Financial Instrument, 2007, Official Journal of the European Union, Series L, no. 071, March 10.
8. EUBSR Flagship Project 14.3, available at: http://www.14point3.eu/tasks-2 (accessed 11 March 2013).
9. Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions concerning the European Union Strategy in the Baltic Sea Region, 2009, COM, 0248, June 10.
10. The ...
Lexical means to express an author’s opinion in popular science groups on the VKontakte social network
... Попов А. В. Блоги. Новая сфера влияния. М., 2008.
10. Aichner T. Measuring the degree of corporate social media use // International Journal of Market Research. 2015. № 57 (2). P. 257—275.
social media, mass communication, receiver and communicator, change of communicative roles, evaluative lexis, functional styles of Russian language
Communicative semantics theories by A. F. Losev and Z. A. Vardzelashvili
The article deals with a comparative analysis of the foundations of the theory of invariant communicative interpretive semantics by the Russian scholar A. F. Losev and the semantic concept developed by Z. A. Vardzelashvili, professor of Tbilisi State University of Economics.
1. Арутюнова Н. Д. Символика уединения ...
The effect of cross-border fibre-optic transitions on the information and communication connectivity of the Russian cities
... cities and the cores of the national and international digital agglomerations makes it possible to establish what cities are affected by the international cores. I conclude that the cross-border transitions have little effect on the information and communication connectivity of the Russian cities.
Blanutsa V. I.
information and communication connectivity, cross-border transition, telecommunications line, autonomous system, digital urban agglomeration, Russian Federation
Modern tendencies in media communication
The authors analyse the process of word formation in Russian media as a reflection of the global trends in modern communication. A structural and semantic analysis of word formation is done to identify the most productive models. The authors employ pragmatic analysis to determine the role of neologisms in media texts. The following phenomena are characteristic ...
Text localization as a task of translation
... Globalisation. Coupland, pp. 203—231.
4. Jiménez-Crespo M. A., 2013. Translation and Web Localization. Routledge. 233 p.
5. Mityagina V. A., 2014. Translation as the stage of the formation of the tourist Internet discourse. Media and intercultural communication in the European context: Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. Stavropol, Publishing House of the North-Caucasian Federal University, pp. 346—348.
6. Shurlina O. V., 2014. The difficulties of "localization" ...
A sample assessment of the constellation form influence on noise immunity for reception of the QAM-8 radio signal in the Matlab environment
The study of signals with quadrature-amplitude modulation is an urgent task due to their wide application in the satellite television broadcasting systems, as well as for the communication channel of the INMARSAT satellite communication system and the Sirius satellite. The paper presents the results of a study, when an experimental facility was assembled to assess the probability of receiving bit error for a QAM-8 radio signal,...
Cognitive and speech characteristics of an author of a mnemonic text
The focus of the article is on various aspects of the creative identity of an author of a mnemonic text represented by the concept of cognitive and communicative subject. The features of the author’s cognitive, communicative, discursive, and linguistic identities are described and the ways of their representation are shown in the case of the memoirs of the Lithuanian writer B. Sruoga Dievų miškas....
Lingvocultural Transfer: a Myth as a Meme
... inheritance (meme). The author notes that for an individual, the most interesting memes are capable of transmitting information from a tradition to a tradition, from a generation to a generation, whereas the least attractive myths exist at the moment of communication and are unlikely to be replicate by other generations. The authors hold that a linguocultural transfer of information in time and space is never ideal, and replicators create deviational variants of myths that somehow differ from each other....
Children’s subculture as a component of social development of older pre-school children
This article discusses the features of psychological impact of culture (the communicative component of children’s subculture) on social development of a child of an older pre-school age. Children’s subculture should be considered as one of the essential factors of social development of preschool children.
1. Абраменкова ...
The functional determination of speech aspects of a document
... in recent research works. This approach produces an integrated picture that takes into account parameters affected by both linguistic and extralinguistic factors. The article describes speech representations of the key genre elements. These are the communicative goal, the image of the author and the addressee, the image of the past and the future, the content of the dictum, the language of a genre, and relevant means of speech representation. The authors conclude that the informative-explanatory ...
Modality as a communicative category: Some debatable aspects of research
This article considers the theoretical problems of modality that do not have an unambiguous interpretation in modern research literature as a functional-semantic and communicative category. These are the issues of the legitimacy and adequacy of identifying subjective and objective modality, the specific features of interaction between objective and subjective modalities in the language and text in view of the communicative ...
On the Dual Role of the Translator of Poetry and the Division of Roles
... translation managed to convey all the details).
1. Gadamer, Kh.-G., 1988. Istina i metod: Osnovy filosofskoi germenevtiki [Truth and method: Fundamentals of philosophical hermeneutics]. Moscow.
2. Kade, O., 1978. Problems of translation in the light of communication theory. In: V. N. Komissarov, ed. Voprosy teorii perevoda v zarubezhnoi lingvistike [Problems of the theory of translation in foreign linguistics]. Moscow, p. 69—90.
3. Kazakova, T. A., 2002. Khudozhestvennyi perevod [Literary translation]....
The Legal Regulation of the EU Immigrant Integration Policy
7. Правительство ФРГ одобрило закон об интеграции беженцев. URL:
(дата обращения: 10.05.2018).
8. Action Plan on the integration of third country nationals Brussels Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. URL:
Conceptualisation of transfer and translation in modern linguistics
... or school. Some of these notions — code, opposition, discretion, and border — permeate the scientific vocabulary of many linguistic schools. However, these terms easily acquire new meanings and interpretations in research works. The continuity of communication space is key to semiotic and cultural transfer approaches. The paper shows how scholars conceptualise translation and how the concept of translation transforms. The differences between the above-mentioned schools relate to the way translation ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... September 17, 2009, available at: www.rg.ru/2009/09/17/medvedd.html (accessed 23. 12. 2013).
7. Medvedev, D. 2009, Russia, Forward! Russian President's official website,available at: http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/298 (accessed 23.12.2013).
8. Communication from the Commission of 29 April 1998, «Energy efficiency in the European Community — Towards a strategy for the rational use of energy»,1998, COM, no. 246 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex UriServ.do?uri=COM:1998:0246:FIN:EN:PDF ...