Kant and the Problem of Revolution. A Report of the International Conference (Kaliningrad, 9—10 November 2017)
... Sedition’. Kant and the Problem of Revolution in the 18th—21st Century Philosophy.” The conference was held at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University (IKBFU) in Kaliningrad on November 9—10, 2017 and was dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Russian Revolution. The event was organised by the Academia Kantiana — a research unit on comparative studies on Russian and Western philosophy at the IKBFU’s Institute for the Humanities. The reports presented at the conference focused on the analysis of ...
A Relation to the Politikal Revolution as a Touchstone for Practical Philosophy
This paper presents a critical review of an article by the eminent Russian Kantianist Prof A. N. Kruglov published under the title “Immaturity and the objective of a true reform in ways of thinking” ... ... The critical analysis focuses on the practical conclusion, in which Prof Kruglov expresses his negative attitude to the French Revolution and shows ambiguous disapproval of Kant’s positive attitude to it. This ambiguity can discredit modern practical ...
The concept “people” in the Cadet Party rhetoric
Milyukov, P. N., 1916. The objectives of the war. Ezhegodnik gazety «Rech’» na 1916 god [Yearbook of the Rech newspaper for 1916], pp. 29—128 (in Russ.).
Milyukov, P. N., 1921. Istoriya vtoroi russkoi revolyutsii [The history of the second Russian revolution]. Vol. 1 (1). Sofia (in Russ.).
Obolenskii, V. A., 1988. Moya zhizn’, moi sovremenniki [My life, my contemporaries]. Paris (in Russ.).
Petrunkevich, I. I. Iz zapisok obshchestvennogo deyatelya [From the memoirs of the public fugure]. In: ...
Immaturity and the objective of a true reform in ways of thinking. Part I.
... volumes], Moscow, t. 7.15. Kant, I. 1994м, Chto znachit oreintirovat’sya v myshlenii [Was heißt: Sich im Denken orientiren?], by eds. B. Tuschling, N. W. Motroschilowa, in Kant, I. Sobranie sochineniina nemetskom i russkom yazykakh [Works on German and Russian languages], Moscow, t. 1.16. Lenin, V. I. 1970, O nashei revolutsii (Po povodu zapisok N. Sukhanova) [About our revolution (Notes about the work of N. Sukhanov)], in Lenin, V. I. Polnoe sobranie sochinenii[Complete works], Moscow, t. 45.17. Mendelssohn, M. 2011, Sleduet li protivodeistvovat’ rasprostranyayushchemusya mechtatel’stvu satiroi ili publichnymi otnosheniyami?...
The theme of Old Believers in the works of Alexander Kuprin: discussion and study prospects
... author's idea of old-timers. The thesis of the crucial importance of stereotypes ingrained in the people for the perception of Russian Old Believers by Kuprin is substantiated. Particularly emphasized is the inextricability of the author’s ideas about ... ... “split” with such significant factors in the social life of Russia at the beginning of the 20th century. like entrepreneurship and revolution.
Old Believers, schism, A. I. Kuprin, L. N. Tolstoy, merchants, commander, revolution
The concepts of citizenship and estate in Russian history — continuity and / or intermittence
... with the past proclaimed by the Bolsheviks, the old class stratification system had to be changed. In the first month after the Revolution, the Bolsheviks officially abolished estates, titles and ranks. Under the 1918 Constitution of the RSFSR, the concept ... ... dvukh tomakh [Works in two volumes]. Vol. 2. Moscow, pp. 379—382 (in Russ.).
Kutafin, O. E., 2004. Rossiiskoe grazhdanstvo [Russian citizenship]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Lohr, E., 2017. Rossiiskoe grazhdanstvo. Ot imperii k Sovetskomu Soyuzu [Russian citizenship....
On the Role of Gesinnung in Kant’s Ethics and Philosophy of Religion. Part II
... of the new human being as distinct from the ancient one as a result of the revolution of Gesinnung, on the link between the revolution in Gesinnung and “conversion” or second birth. After discussing the problem of distinguishing the terms Gesinnung ... ... Denkungsart in translation as well as a review of all the existing variants of translating Kant’s concept of Gesinnung into Russian (aspiration, inclination, intention, virtue, virtuousness, conviction, attitude, mode of thinking, thoughts, mood, disposition ...
Kowalczyk A. S. Sawinkow. Warszawa : Więź, 2017. 232 s.
The review examines a new edition of the book “Sawinkow” by a Polish researcher A. S. Kowalczyk which is devoted to a famous politician and terrorist B. V. Savinkov. It coincides with the anniversary of the Russian Revolution and the fact that one of the streets in Warsaw was named after Boris Savinkov. The book is structured chronologically and covers the entire life of Boris Savinkov. Despite the fact that the information in it is mostly correct, there is a number ...
Historical perspective on the word gospoda as a form of address
... demonstrate that although, contrary to popular belief, the honorific damy i gospoda is not a neologism of the end of the 20th century, it was marginal to pre-revolutionary speech. It is also shown that, albeit rarely, the word gospoda was used before the Russian Revolution to address a mixed company. Abandoned after the Revolution, the honorific underwent a revival in the second half of the 20th century when it was used more often to address a mixed company than it had been in tsarist times. Probably, this ...
On the so-called "revolution" in the Polish historiography and its reception in Russia
This article scrutinises an episode unveiling the understanding of the causes of the fall of the Polish state in Russian and Polish historical science of the 19th century. The author revises some established concepts concerning the reception of the so called "revolution in the Polish historiography" in Russia.
Прожитое и пережитое. Л., 1990.
: сборник статей по польским делам (1881—1905)....
Immaturity and the objective of a true reform in ways of thinking. Part II
... Wasianski / hrsg. von F. Gross ; mit einer Einleitung von R. Malter. Darmstadt, 1993.
enlightenment, immaturity, ways of thinking, revolution, reason, understanding.
[html]1. Aldanov, M. A. 2002, Devyatoe termidora ... ... suzhdeniya [Kritik der Urteilskraft]. In: Kant, I. Sobranie sochinenii na nemetskom i russkom yazykakh [Works on German and Russian languages], ed. by B. Tuschling, N. W. Motroschilowa. Vol. 4. Moscow.4. Kant, I. 1994в, Kritika chistogo razuma [Kritik ...
“The point of departure of peoples determines their fate”: Peter Chaadaev and Alexis de Tocqueville
... a threat of violation of the intentions of both authors. Based on the analysis of the word usage in the texts of both thinkers, the author suggests a number of recommendations aimed to clarify the translations of Chaadaev and Tocqueville works into Russian. The article also notes possible sources of the image “the point of departure of peoples” in the text by Tocqueville (from François Guizot to American interlocutors).
Bulst, N., Koselleck, R., Meier, Ch. and Fish, J., 2014. Revolution, riot, turmoil, civil war (Rebellion, Aufruhr, Bürgerkrieg). In: Yu. Zaretsky, K. Levinson and I. Schierle, eds. Slovar’ osnovnykh istoricheskikh ponyatii [Dictionary of basic historical concepts]. Translated by K. Levinson. Vol. 1. Moscow....
History in Transcription and Transcription as History: Charles Bally in Soviet Linguistics
6. Vinogradov, V. V., 1955. Results of discussion of stylistics issues. Voprosy yazykoznaniya [Questions of linguistics], 1. pp. 60—87.
7. Vinokur, G. O., 1923. Culture of language (Tasks of modern linguistics). Pechat' i revolyutsiya [Print and revolution], 5, pp. 100—111.
8. Vinokur, G. O., 1928. A verb or a name. Russkaya rech' [Russian speech], 3, pp. 75—93.
9. Vinokur, G. O., 1929. Kul'tura yazyka [Culture of language]. Moscow.
10. Vinokur, G. O., 1959. Izbrannye raboty po russkomu yazyku [Selected works on the Russian language]. Moscow.
11. Vislova, A. V., 1993. Stsenicheskoe ...
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... Styczynski M. 2004 (a), Neokantysta Sergiusz Hessen [Sergey Hessen, neo-Kantian] // Miedzy reforma a rewolucja. Rosyjska mysl filozoficzna, polityczna i spoleczna na przelomie XIX i XX wieku / pod red. A. Ochotnickiej, W. Rydzewskiego [Between reform and revolution. Russian philosophical, political and social thought at the turn of the 19th and 20th century / ed. A. Ochotnicka, W. Rydzewski]. Cracow, p. 127—140.
95. Styczynski M. 2004 (b), Sergei Hessen, Neo-Kantian // Studies in East European Thought. № 56, ...
Antons Austriņš as a translator of Dmitry Merezhkovsky
... in the Latvian culture of the 19th-20th centuries. The author suggests that A. Austriņš’s decision to translate D. Merezhkovsky texts was affected by the historical background of the 1910s – the formation of national ideas in the regions of the Russian empire, the search for peoples’ self-identity, and the 1905 revolution as a major historical event. Austriņš’s translations are comparable to the reception of Merezhkovsky in the national cultural environment and demonstrate the reflection on the works of the Russian author.
1. Мережковский Д....
Kant and Solovyov: Convergences and Divergences. Report of the International Conference (Kaliningrad, 15-16 November 2018)
... presentations were divided into two thematic blocks. The first was devoted to the perception of the ideas of Kant and Solovyov in the Russian philosophical tradition and the second to the perception and critique of Kant’s practical philosophy by Solovyov. The ... ... psikhologii [Problems of Philosophy and Psychology], 56(1), pp. 2-35. (In Russ.)
Kornilaev, L. Yu., 2018. Kant and the Problem of Revolution: A Report of the International Conference (Kaliningrad, November 9-10, 2017). Kantian Journal, 37(1), pp. 74-87.
... Osovskij, Saransk.5. Dmitrieva, N.A., 2007, Russkoje neokantianstvo: “Marburg” v Rossii. Istoriko-filosofskije ocherki [Russian Neo-Kantianism: “Marburg” in Russia. Historical-philosophical studies], Moscow.6. Dmitrieva, N.A., 2008, Religija ... ... 215—233.25. Hartmann, N., 1909, Platos Logik des Seins, Giessen. — (Philosophische Arbeiten, vol. III).26. Hessen, S., 1933, Revolution und Tradition im Werke Georg Kerschensteiners, Die Erziehung: Monatsschrift für den Zusammenhang von Kultur und Erziehung ...
Perception of Nietzsche in Russian philosophy abroad: The case of the Sovremennye zapiski journal
... представление // О четверояком корне.Мир как воля и представление. М., 1993. Т. 1 : Критика кантовской философии.С. 125—501.
history of Russian philosophy, Russian philosophy abroad, Übermensch, revolution, revaluation of values, teaching of "eternal return"
Russian Population Ethnic Structure: Trends and Transformations
... Karr, E. 1990, Istorija Sovetskoj Rossii: bol'shevistskaja revoljucija 1917—1923 [History of Soviet Russia: the Bolshevik Revolution 1917—1923], T. I, Moscow, p. 325—402.
5. Lenin, V. I. 1969, O prave nacij na samoopredelenie [On the right of ... ... koncepcii jetnonacional'noj politiki v Rossijskoj Federacii [Prospects of development of the concept of ethnic policy of the Russian Federation], Moscow.
9. Social'nyj atlas regionov Rossii: jetnicheskij sostav naselenija [Social Atlas of Russian Regions: ...
The Pythagorean-mathematical component of P. A. Florensky’s social philosophy
... Cantor’s set theory as the methodological basis of P. A. Florensky’s teaching on future state, which made it possible for the Russian philosopher to create a holistic social and philosophical project – the quintessence of development of a new culture,... ... т. М., 1996. Т. 2. (Филос. наследие; т. 124).
state, arrythmology, monad, set theory, number, revolution, new culture, entropy.
The liberal concept of freedom in the conservative teachings of K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov
... concept of freedom in Russian conservatism as exemplified by K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov. Reasoning in the framework of Russian philosophical organicism, each philosopher insists on his own approach to analysing social phenomena. It is shown that ... ... Барнаул, 2006. Вып. 6. С. 89—125.
Demin I. V.
freedom, liberalism, conservatism, monarchism, “conservative revolution”, philistinism, Christian organicism, corporatism
The features of choosing an institutional development trajectory in Eastern Europe in the 16th—17th centuries: Moscovy and the Polish — Lithuanian Commonwealth
In: Inostrancy o drevnej Moskve [Foreigners of ancient Moscow], Moscow.
10. Fletcher, D. 1906, O gosudarstve Russkom [On the Russian State], Saint Petersburg.
11. Domar, E. 1970, The causes of slavery or serfdom: a hypothesis, Journal of Economic History,... ... agrarian history of Latvia in the XVI century], Riga.
16. Penskoi, V. V. 2010, Velikaja ognestrel'naja revoljucija [Great bullet revolution], Moscow.
institutional economy, historical analysis, serfdom, property rights, Moscovy, Polish — ...
The antinomy of political reason. Some deliberations on Kant’s “Answer-ing the Question: What is Enlightenment?”
... Kant’s view that the key discourse for social development consists in a comprehensive critique of social reality by a citizen capable of self-determination is considered against the background of Rousseau’s ideas, who defended the right of people to revolution. The reconstruction of Kant’s position is followed by a discussion of possible theoretical problems relating to the implementation of this project. It isstressed that the project can function only when the interests of government and citizen coincides. Russian history is addressed to illustrate that even “common interests” of the ruler and the citizen leave room for a conflict between them. The author analyses Kant’s paradox stating an inversely proportional connection between the level of civil ...
The prospects of nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor of the formation of international relations system in the region
... mutually beneficial ties. The increasing energy deficiency in the region can serve an economic prerequisite to this process.
1. Berdykhovsky, Z. 2006, V podderzhku vostochnoj politiki ES [In support of east policy of EU], Varshava po-russki [Warsaw in Russian], 04.04.2006, available at: http://www. warsaw. ru/articles/2006/pressa/pressa04-04-06.htm (accessed: 18 March 2013).
2. Semushin, D. 2013, «Jelektricheskaja revoljucija» v Bolgarii: krizis rozhdaet «evropejskuju vesnu»? [«Electric revolution» in Bulgaria: crisis gives rise «the European spring»?], REGNUM, available at: http://www. regnum.ru/news/polit/1627910.html#ixzz2NPSeszwt (accessed: 18 March 2013).
3. Shulga, I. 2005, Reformirovanie jelektrojenergetiki stran Baltii [Reforming ...
The origins of confrontation with Western countries and the “Munich speech” of Vladimir Putin
(дата обращения: 22.04.2019).
21. Madsen W. Kerry Re-writes History of U. S. Support for Color Revolutions. URL:
of-us-support-for-color-revolutions.... ... обращения: 10.02.2019).
22. Obserwator Polityczny: О том, как «лгут русские СМИ». URL: http:// russian.rt.com/inotv/2015-02-05/Obserwator-Polityczny-O-tom-kak (дата обращения: 10.02.2019).
Markov E. A. ...
An “ideal city”, its statics and dynamics
... model of future living environment, and as a form of its application to the goal of making (constructing) of quality model of Russian megalopolises safe and comfortable for its inhabitants and visitors. In any case, the harm produced by their social ... ... www. weforum.org/risks (дата обращения: 10.02.2019).
17. Yanitsky O. N. The Fourth Scientific and Technological Revolution and its Social Out
Yanitsky O. N.
globalization, ‘ideal city’, model, science, society, natural ecosystems,...
Kanishchev V. V., Baranova E. V., Zhukov D. S.
... Acesso Livre. 2017. Iss. 8. P. 75—91. URL:
dez_2017_a.pdf (дата обращения: 18.10.2018).
Content analysis of documents on urban riots in Russia, 1917—1918
Russian revolution, urban riots (pogroms), database, content analysis
Around the “social pedagogy” of Paul Natorp: Vladimir Dinze in the debates on national upbringing. Part 1
... pedagogy”. The theory of upbringing of the will on the base of community], Russkaya shkola [Russian school], no. 10, otd. II, p. 192—194.
29. Purishkevich, V. (ed.) 1913, Shkol’naya podgotovka vtoroi russkoi revolyutsii [School preparation of the second Russian revolution], Izdanie Russkogo narodnogo soyuza im. Mikhaila Arkhangela, St. Petersburg.
30. R. G. 1913, Iz zhizni srednei shkoly [From the life of secondary school], Vestnik vospitaniya [Herald of upbringing], no. 9, otd. III, p. 83—105.
The restoration of the political independence of Lithuania in the late 1980s-early 1990s: a historiographical review
34. Lietuvos suvereniteto atkūrimas 1988-1991 metais // Anušauskas A. ir kit.Vilnius, 2000.
35. Lieven A. The Baltic Revolution. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to Independence.New Haven; London, 1993.
36. Miškinis G. Economic and Commercial ... .... Vilnius, 2009. P. 65—74.
47. Sirutavičius V., Stanyte-Toločkienė I. Strategic importance of Kaliningrad Oblast of the Russian Federation // Lithuanian Annual Strategic review 2002. Vilnius,2003. P. 181—215.
48. Skuodis V. Baltijos kraštų kelias ...
The later works of Boris Porshnev in foreign historiography
... Speculum. 1982. Vol. 57, № 1. Р. 1—19.
31. Knachel Ph. A. England and the Fronde: the impact of the English Civil War and Revolution on France. Ithaca (NY), 1967.
32. Krause H.-Th. Die Entwicklung der Beziehungen zwischen der Geschichtswissenschaft ... ... Basingstoke, 2001.
37. Markwick R. D. Cultural History under Khrushchev and Brezhnev: From Social Psychology to Mentalités // The Russian Review. 2006. Vol. 65, № 2. Р. 283—301.
38. Mazour A. G. The writing of history on the Soviet Union. Stanford, 1971....
Events and narration in socio-cultural practices
... MMoscow (in Russ.).
Magun, A. V., 2008. Otritsatel'naya revolyutsiya: k dekonstruktsii politicheskogo sub"ekta [Negative revolution: towards the deconstruction of the political subject]. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Malinova, O.Yu., 2015. Aktual'noe ... ... vlastvuyushchei elity i dilemmy rossiiskoi identichnosti [Current Past: Symbolic Politics of the Ruling Elite and the Dilemmas of Russian Identity]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Pocheptsov, G. G., 2018. Propaganda 2.0 [Advocacy 2.0]. Kharkov (in Russ.).
Taylor, R. S....
Mapping Poetic Bilingualism in Europe: Language Contacts and Cultural Transfers
7. Parizhskii, S. G., 2015. Trilingual poem of Yehuda al-Harizi (XIII c.). Kritika i semiotika [Criticism and Semiotics], 1, p. 219—235.
8. Sokolova, O. V., 2015. Concepts of "ecumenical " and "universal" language in the Russian and American avant-garde. Kritika i semiotika [Criticism and Semiotics], 1, p. 268—283.
9. Sokolova, O. V., Feshchenko, V. V., 2017. "The revolution of language" by Eugene Jolas: from "vertical" poetry to "vertigral" communication. Sibirskii filologicheskii zhurnal [Siberian philological journal], 3, 2017. In press.
10. Tarasova, M. A., 2015. Bilingualism in the ...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... Understanding Politics in Lithuania, DEMSTAR Research Report, no. 18, University of Aarhus, p. 18—19.
29. Lieven, A. 1994, The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to Independence, New Haven, London, p. 68.
30. Luik, J. 2008, Meie kohustus,... ... Memory Politics in Europe, Europe — Asia Studies, Vol. 59, no. 1, p. 33.
34. Honouring of Obligations and Commitments by the Russian Federation, PACE Resolution, no. 1455, available at: http://assembly.coe.int/main.asp?link=/documents/adoptedtext/ta05/eres1455....
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... dependence of today's policies of the Baltic States on the key choices made by the authorities at the turn of 1980s—1990s. Today, Russian political science lacks concrete regional studies into the issues of changes of elites in the context of research on the ... ... papers on Democratic transition, no. 158, Hungarian Center for Democracy Studies Foundation.
9. Lieven, A. 1994, The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia Lithuania and the
Path to Independence, New Haven; London.
10. Lopata, R. 2010, Politikai ir Istorija....
Kant on evil in the human nature
... freedom as freedom of choice relates to a real human individual. However, the latter is capable of moral improvement through a “revolution in the disposition” and can correspond to the human determination — the ideal — despite one’s weaknesses.
... ... prakticheskogo razuma (1788) [Critique of Practical Reason (1788)]. In: Kant, I. Sochinenija na russkom i nemeckom jazykah [Works by Russian and German], Moscow, Kami, Moskovskij filosofskij fond, Nauka, 1994—2006. T. 3.3. Kant, I. 1997. Osnovopolozhenija k ...
Kant’s transcendentalism as a transcendental paradigm of philo¬so¬phiz¬ing
... of Pure Reason. L. ; N. Y., 1966.
Kant’s transcendental philosophy (transcendentalism), transcendental method, Copernican revolution, transcendental shift, transcendental perspective, transcendental paradigm,
transcendental constructivism (pragmatism),... ... chistogo razuma (1781) [Critique of Pure Reason (first edition)], in Kant, I. Sochinenija na russkom i nemeckom jazykah [Works by Russian and German], Moscow, t. 2. p. 2.6. Katrechko, S. 2012, Kak vozmozhna metafizika: na puti k nauchnoy [transcendental'noy] ...
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
... Theories and Practices of the Left Avant-Garde]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Chubarov, I. M., 2018. Media theory of Walter Benjamin and the Russian left avant-garde: newspaper, radio, cinema. Logos, 28 (1), pp. 233—260 (in Russ.).
Chukhrukidze, K. K., 1999. Pound ... ... ed. Contributions in American Studies. Vol. 37. Westport, Connecticut — London, England.
Puchner, M., 2006. Poetry of the Revolution: Marx, Manifestos, and the Avant-gardes. Princeton.
Saunders, D., 2002. Literacy and the Common Law. A Polytechnical ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... MGIMO-Universiteta [Bulletin of MGIMO-University], 3, pp. 145—149.
5. Baranov, N. A., 2015. Revival of populism: European experience and Russian practices. Vestnik SPbGU [Bulletin of SPSU], 3, pp. 25—36.
6. Berger, P., Lukman, T., 1995. Sotsial'noe konstruirovanie ... ... of knowledge]. Moscow. pp. 20—66.
7. Bershidskii, L., 2016. Populistskaya revolyutsiya v Evrope? Poka eshche net. [Populist revolution in Europe? Not yet]. Available at:
Digital World Communication аnd Translation
... Emergencies and Conflicts. Frontline Translating and Interpreting. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
Floridi, L., 2014. The 4
Revolution. How the Infosphere is Reshaping Human Reality. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Folaron, D., 2006. A discipline coming ... ... Routledge.
Konradova, N. and Schmidt, H. 2014. From the utopia of autonomy to a political battlefield: towards a history of the “Russian Internet”. In: M. S. Gorham, I. Lunde and M. Paulsen, eds. Digital Russia: The language, culture and politics of new ...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... Kornai, J. 2006, The Great Transformation of Central and Eastern Europe: success and disillusionment, Rossiya i sovremennyj mir [Russian and the Contemporary World], no. 2, p. 7—47 (In Russ.)
3. Brien, S. 2019, Central and Eastern Europe Prosperity Report: ... ... tsentral’noevropeitsy posle «barkhatnykh» revolyutsii. Polyaki, chekhi, slovaki [How do the Eastern Europeans live after velvet revolutions], Moscow, IE RAS (In Russ.).
22. Gabarta, A. A. 2017, Social and economic model of Central European countries, Sovremennaya ...