Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
This article explores the role of a regional media image on migration attitudes. Attention is drawn to the Kaliningrad region, a Russian exclave whose population growth is solely due to migration. The study aims to determine how the media images of Kaliningrad affect the decision to move. The research ...
The media image of San Escobar in the space of fictional worlds: a socio-semiotic perspective
... the evolution of the concept of "context" in linguistics from the perspective of systemic functional grammar, cognitivism, social semiotics and multimodal discourse analysis. The analytical part of the article explores the constructed media image of the fictitious state of San Escobar through the prism of the following contexts: situational-medial, cultural-cognitive, linguistic, intentional and socio-economic. Summing up the specifics of the formation of meaning in narrative social practices,...
The Image of Contemporary Russia n Language and Culture: the Thematic Issue of «Russian Review»
The article is an overview of the thematic issue of the Polish research journal "Russian Review" dedicated to the image of modern Russia in political, media, poetic, marketing and didactic types of discourse. Both national and international research works are taken into consideration. Nowadays researchers become increasingly interested in the category of image. A noticeably stronger position of anthropological,...
Escapism: non-constructive ways of teenage personal self-determination
The protest against outdated patterns of self-image and the inability to defend modern patterns self-image becomes traditional contradiction in teenager’s self-determination. Difficulties of self-determination in the real relationship define teenager’s escapism and search for the value of self-image in a virtual existence. This study highlights the mechanisms and conditions under which escapism becomes dangerous for adolescents, distorts their self-image, and contributes to the loss of its adequacy...
Semiotic Inversions in the Formation of the Political Image in the Media Discourse: the image of Russia in German media
The article describes the process of forming the political image of Russia in socio-political media through semiotic inversions. It is claimed that in the modern media discourse, the political image is based on the pre-established ‘rules of the game’. The author holds that historical facts are often replaced by false models of reality in the modern mass media discourse.
1. Люббе Г. Историческая идентичность ...
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
... Perspectives, 20(3), pp. 313—327.
Fowler, C., 2007. Chasing Tales. Travel Writing, Journalism and the History of British Ideas about Afghanistan. Amsterdam & New York: Rodopi.
Frank, H. T., 2007. Cultural Encounters in Translated Children's Literature: Images of Australia in French Translation. Manchester: St. Jerome.
Gambier, Y., 2016. Rapid and radical changes in translation and translation studies. International Journal of Communication, 10, pp. 887—906.
Göttlich, U., 2007. Mass Media. In: M. Beller and J. Leerssen, eds. Imagology. The cultural construction and literary representation of national characters. Amsterdam & New York: Rodopi. pp. 354—357.
Heilbron, J. and Sapiro, G., 2007. Outline for a sociology of translation: ...
Features presentation of environmental risks in the media (for example, deposits of potassium salts in the village Nivenskoe)
... perception of risks in public space, communication of risks can be an instrument of latent manipulation with public opinion. The Internet and printed local media have served as an object of research. Results of the research confirm a hypothesis that images crested by media usually do not correspond to real technical aspect of environmental risks and are addressed as a political problem.
1. Самотесов Е. Д., Тощева Г. П., Рыбальский Н. Г., Галкин Ю. Ю. Методология ...
The image of modern Russian innovations in the Danish mass media
... media to modern Russian innovations. The research is timely because of the Russian interest in the experience of Denmark — one of the "innovation leaders" of the EU. The author analyses a number of publications on Russia in the Danish mass media. The positive image of Russian innovations in Danish periodicals is analysed against the background of historical stereotypes. The article also describes the Danish national innovation system. The image of Russian innovations in the Danish mass media is positive; however,...
The intertexteme as an instrument in the past — present — future dialogical space of urbanism practices: an intersemiotic analysis of graffiti and inscriptions in Gdansk and Kaliningrad
... of various genres]. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Sladkevich, J. R., 2013. Politicheskiy fel'yeton v svete teorii rechevogo vozdeystviya [Political feuilleton in the light of the theory of speech influence]. Gdańsk (in Russ.).
Sladkevich, J. R., 2019. Media image of San Escobar in the space of fictional worlds: a sociosemiotic perspective. Slovo. ru: baltic accent, 2, pp. 73—103 (in Russ.).
Smetanina, S. I., 2002. Media-tekst v sisteme kul'tury (dinamicheskie protsessy v yazyke i stile zhurnalistiki kontsa ...
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
... various types of discourse. At the same time, each of the elements of a multimodal hybrid message refers simultaneously to both artistic and political reality. The multimedia type of hybridization includes texts that use innovative technologies and new media channels while combining several information transfer channels. This way, a new system of relationships is built and the possibility arises to create a new ‘total work of art’.
Badiou, A., 2004. Delez. Shum bytiya [The noise of being]. Moscow ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... for experts studying regional competitiveness, for regional authorities, and the business community.
1. Anholt, S. 2007, Competitive Identity. The New Brand Management for Nations. Cities and regions, London, 128 p.
2. Avraham, E., Ketter, E. 2007, Media Strategies for marketing place in crisis improving the image of cities, countries and tourism destinations, Oxford, 231 p.
3. Bergman, E. M., Feser, E. J. 1999, Cluster Morphology of Regions: Analytic Options. In: Bergman, E. M., Feser, E. J. Industrial and Regional Clusters: Concepts and Comparative Applications,...
“Enchantment for the eyes” through the eyes of foreigners: how foreign students perceive Russian verbal image in сatch phrases
... // Горноуральский городской округ : [офиц. сайт]. 28.09.2018. URL:
. ru/media/news/20379/ (дата обращения: 01.08.2020).
26. Концерт «Очей очарованье» // Храм ... ...
teaching Russian as a foreign language, language education, intercultural communication, Russian literature texts, verbal images, catch phrases
Indirect translation: Main trends in practice and research
... and Terminological Issues in Researching Indirect Translation: A Critical Annotated Bibliography. Translation Studies, 10 (2), pp. 198—216.
Pięta, H. (in press). On the role of indirect literary translation in the construction of the conflicting images of communist Poland in para-fascist Portugal. Target.
Pięta, H. and Maia, R. B., 2015. Integrating Indirect Translation into the Academic Education of Future Generations of Translators across Europe: A Lisbon Model. In: Translating Europe Forum....
‘The Radical Black Colour’. On the Semantics of the Black Colour in Anarchist Discourse
... fermentation], 7, p. 55—59.
9. Makkuair, S., 2014. Mediinyi gorod: media, arkhitektura i gorodskoe prostranstvo [Media city: media, architecture and urban space]. Moscow.
10. Napreenko, G., 2015. «Studiya na Burakova, 27». Lektsiya iz tsikla «Drevo ... ... 2007. «Belyi tsar'». Obraz monarkha i predstavleniya o poddanstve u narodov Rossii XV—XVIII vv. [The «White Tsar». The image of monarch and the idea of citizenship of the peoples of Russia XV—XVIII centuries]. Moscow.
18. Trutovskii, V. K., 1991....
The Image of Kaliningrad Region in Polish Printed Media
1. Drewnowska B. Świat jada po polsku // Rzeczpospolita. 28.04.2012. S. A 1.
2. Gursztyn P. Rosjanie kupują i dają nadzieję // Rzeczpospolita. 08—09.09.2012.S. A 6.
3. Gwiazdowski R. Czy to „Ruscy» są winni? // Rzeczpospolita. 27.07.2012. S. A 15.
4. Jendroszczyk P. Trójkąt Kaliningradzki ma się dobrze // Rzeczpospolita.22.03.2012. S. A 12.
5. Kościński P. Kaliningrad w kolejce na Kasztanowej // Rzeczpospolita. 08—09.09.2012. S. A 7.
6. Kościński P. Kłopoty z atomem...
Artistic individual image of the language in P.Celan's poetry
The article represents a cognitive-discursive study of means to create an image of the language in a literary text. It involves different types of analysis such as semantic, conceptual, and interpretive. Special attention is paid to the linguistic factors that influence the creation of metalinguistic utterances, in particular,...
Russian soft power in the Baltic States through the lens of research: traditions, competition, confrontation
... to national security. The current forms of Russian soft power are becoming less productive in the region and their use in the negative political context of bilateral relations has the opposite effect for Russia – the country loses in reputation and image. The main factor at play is the information content of the Russian-language media space. At odds with the historical and political views of a significant part of the Baltic States’ ruling class, it is becoming the target of counteraction. At the same time, Russian high and mass culture and, partly, educational services are ...
Modern aspects of diagnostics of compressional neuropathy of the median nerve in the carpal canal
... костно-мышечной системы: Практическое руководство. М., 2007.
14. Deniz F.E., Öksüz E., Sarikaya B., et al. Comparison of the Diagnostic Utility of Electromyography, Ultrasonography, Computed Tomography, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Idiopathic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Determined by Clinical Findings // Neurosurgery. 2012. Vol. 2012 (3). P. 610—616.
15. Ibrahim I., Khan W.S., Goddard N., Smitham P. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A Review of the Recent Literature // Open....
The apologia of reason in J. Chr. Gottsched’s classicistic system: On the 250th anniversary of the philosopher’s death
This article revisits the ratio-centric system developed by the prominent exponent of the German enlightenment J. Chr. Gottsched (1700—1766). The authors examine the problem of the ontological argument in the context of the current civilizational crisis of consciousness, which arose against the background of the 20th century crisis of objectivist methodology of modern natural sciences. Such a methodology is incapable of solving the problem of an accurate description of the reality, in particular...
Mythologization of the city in the works of B. Schulz and F. Kafka
... and spirituality of the city returns the author to the idea of the mythical alfa and omega of life. The article describes the image of the city-labyrinth which both authors associate with the motif of wandering whereas the cathedral is associated with ... ... Kafka W. Das erzählerische Werk. Berlin, 1983. Bd. 2.
14. Schulz B. Sanatorium pod Klepsydrą. URL:
. pl/media/book/pdf/schulz-sanatorium-pod-klepsydra.pdf (дата обращения: 17.03.2016).
15. Sczulz B. Sklepy cynamonowe....
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
... of EURELECTRIC and Electric Power Council of the CIS, October 31, 2012, Brussels, available at: http://www. eurelectric. org/ media/ 66573/SELIVERSTOV. pdf (accessed 24 March 2013).
5. Vilemas, Ju. 2012, Improving generation capacities: Economics versus ... ... Latvian Energy in Figures, 2009, Riga, Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia, p. 38—39, available at: www. em. gov. lv/images/ modules/items/les_2009_.pdf (accessed 24 March 2013).
10. EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, 2009, European Commission ...
On the less obvious manifestations of the poetic function: a translator’s view
Alexander, L. G., 1969. A first book in comprehension, précis and composition. London.
Arnold, I. V., 2016. Stilistika. Angliysky yazyk [Stylistics. The English Language]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Barthes, R., 1977. The Death of the Author. In: Image, music, text. London, pp. 142—148.
Bely, A., 1990. Mezhdu dvukh revolutsiy. Seriya literaturnykh memuarov [Between Two Revolutions. Series of Literary Memoirs]. Vol. 3. Moscow (in Russ.).
Bolotnova, N. S., 2014. Aesthetic function of word and ...
Example of computer vision system based on neural network classificator
... SpringerVerlag, 2011.
3. Bradsky G., Kaehler A. Learning OpenCV: Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library. CA: O’Reilly Media, Inc., 2009.
4. Хайкин С. Нейронные сети : полный курс. М., 2006.
5. Yoshua Bengio. Learning ... ... learning. 2009. Vol. 2, №. 1. P. 1—127.
computer vision system, artificial intelligence, neural network, image
recognition, object detection, cell counting.
On some trends in the foreign vocabulary assimilation process in the modern German language
... This is especially urgent for the German language because foreign words, spelt in Latin alphabet, retain their orthographic image.
The article studies phonetic assimilation processes of those foreign words and loanwords from different languages in ... ... norms of the English language pronunciation. The author analyses foreign phonemes on the material of the modern German print media. The processes which occur while borrowing foreign words on phonetic and phonological levels are examined and analyzed ...
Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... local potassium and magnesium salt mine is used as an illustration. The article deals with how local communities perceive the image of risks formed and reproduced via various communication channels. The structural context and the context of communication ... ... recharge, GeoJournal, vol. 80, no. 1, p. doi:
30. Olsen, M. S., Osmundsen, T. C. 2017, Media framing of aquaculture, Marine Policy, no. 76, p. 19—27. doi:
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... in Russia, Nauchnoe obozrenie. Seriya 1. Ekonomika i pravo [Scientific Review. Series 1. Economics and Law], no. 3, p 147—155. doi:
7. Ledeneva, V. Yu., Bezverbnaya, N. A. 2020, Forming the image of a migrant in the media and social networks against the background of the COVID-19 epidemic (Based on the results of content analysis of online publications), Nauchnoe obozrenie. Seriya 1. Ekonomika i pravo [Scientific Review. Series 1. Economics and Law], no. 3, p. 95—105....
Consilience or fragmentation in Translation Studies today?
Translation Studies has branched out into a heterogeneous interdiscipline during the past few decades. This development is not only the result of the emergence of different kinds of translation practices, research questions and new technologies, but also of different epistemological and ontological assumptions about the object of study. Four major areas are outlined: linguistic, cultural, cognitive and sociological. Connections between them are briefly discussed, but the main tendency has been...
The symbolic complexes of mass culture and the semiosis of political discourse
... society will necessarily correlate with the structural features of MC.
Atasheva, K., 2015. Kosplei kak stil' zhizni [Cosplay as a lifestyle]. Available at:
[Accessed 05 March 2018].
Belousova, Yu. V., 2012. Media image as a means of communication. Gramota [Diploma], 23(26), pp. 27—31 (in Russ.).
Delez, Zh., 2016. Kino (Movie). Moscow (in Russ.).
Kartsev, D., 2017. Bol'she, chem partiya. Chto pokazali vybory v Gollandii [More than a party. What the elections ...
Reminiscences of Russian culture in A. S. Byatt’s novel The Children’s Book
... A. S. Byatt, the author concludes that the writer’s attitude to Russia is largely mediated by the Russian literature from Dostoevsky and Tolstoy to Pelevin. The researcher brings forward the problem of mythologization and demythologization of the image of Russia, and stresses the fact, that the fictional (Tatarinov) and real (Stepnyak, Kropotkin) images of Russian anarchists are given in the perception of the British. The author comes to the conclusion that the reminiscences of Russian culture ...
Countries of the Baltic Region in the Global Culinary Space
... States, Oxford, New York.
12. D’Arms, J. H. 2004, The Culinary Reality of Roman Upper-Class Convivia: Integrating Texts and Images, Comparative Studies in Society and History, Vol. 46, no. 3, p. 428—450.
13. Finstad, T. 2013, Familiarizing Food: Frozen ... ... London.
16. Hollows, J. 2010, The Bachelor Dinner: Masculinity, class and cooking in Playboy, 1953—1961, Continuum: Journal of Media&Cultural Studies, Vol. 16, no. 2, p. 143—155.
17. Kaplan, D. 2012, The Philosophy of Food, Berkeley, Los Angeles, London....
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Chicago, IL, available at:
26. Crisis Migration Convening, Thematic report, 2013, John D. And Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, February 14—15, available at:
27. Refugees and asylum-seekers, 2012, UNHCR Office in the Russian Federation, available at:
28. Definition of Migrant Crisis, 2015, Collins, available at:
29. Aktuelle Zahlen zu Asyl. Ausgabe: Oktober 2016,...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... geo-economic, and geopolitical processes, the scale and effect of transnational and transboundary contracts, and the changing images of coastal areas. This article analyses the trend towards the ‘drift’ of the demographic potential from the inland ... ... long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation until 2030, 2013, Moscow, available atL
(accessed 07.01.2017). (In Russ.)
Druzhinin A. G.
coastal cities, population change, ...
Effect of crystallite size of powder on NQR relaxation time
... the nuclear magnetization.
1. Hornemann J. A., Codd S. L., Romanenko K. V. et al. T2—T2 exchange in biofouled porous media // Diffusion Fundamentals. 2009. Vol. 10. P. 1.1—1.3.
2. Borgia G. C., Brown R. J. S., Fantazzini P. Uniform-Penalty ... ... Shan-shan Chen, Li Ran, Yu Jie, Wang Hong-zhi et al. Program algorithm research of T2 spectrum in NMR and MATLAB realization. Image and signal processing, 2nd
International Congress on 10.1109/CISP.2009.5303532.
5. Sternin E. Use of inverse theory algorithms ...
The Belarus Business Environment as Assessed by the Management of Leading Finnish Companies Operating in the Country
... the exception that foreign firms do not want to attract publicity about their activities in the country due to the poor public image of Belarus.”
1. Astley, W. G.,Van de Ven, A. H. 1983, Central Perspectives and Debates in Organization Theory, Administrative ... ....org/content/dam/Worldbank/document/Belarus-Snapshot.pdf (accessed 12.08.2014).
25. World Bank: Doing Business, available at: http://www.doingbusiness.org/~/media/GIAWB/Doing%20Business/Documents/Annual-Reports/English/DB13-fullreport.pdf (accessed 12.08.2014).
26. Xu, L. C. 2011, ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... Bazovyj Jelement «Monogoroda. Perezagruzka» [Basic Element «Monocities. Reloaded»], available at: http://www.basel.ru/bitrix/images/catalog/Моного-рода Перезагрузка (2).pdf (accesed 04.03.2013).
4. Vorobyov, М., Gusev, V., Malyj,... ... goda [Order number 1398-r of the Government of the Russian Federation dated July 29, 2014], available at: http://government.ru/media/files/41d4f68fb74d798eae71.pdf/ (accessed 08.12.2014).
24. Stolyarov, О. I. Programmnyj podhod k razvitiju jekonomiki ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... management and cluster program benchmarking, 2012, Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, Berlin, Innovation + Technik GmbH, Vol. 2, 88 p, available at: http://files.conferencemanager.dk/medialibrary/04d6301d-b532-4d77-9d6f-90a7e38fc1db/images/Upd ated_Report_Clusters_are_individuals_Vol._II.pdf (accessed 16 December 2012).
6. Dávila, N. G. 2011, Simultaneous cooperation and competition for economic development: the case of Copenhagen capacity (Denmark) and invest in Skane (Sweden) ...