The theoretical framework a teacher’s cross-cultural compe-tence: International practice
... and worldview: Exploring the nexus // International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 1995. № 19. P. 143—153.
11. Ganesh S. & Holmes P. Positioning intercultural dialogue — theories, pragmatics, and an agenda // Journal of International and Intercultural Communication. 2011. № 4 (2). P. 81—86.
12. Hammer M. R., Bennett M. J., Wiseman R. L. Measuring intercultural sensitivity: The intercultural development inventory // International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 2002. № 27. P. 421—443.
Sensitivity to cultural differences in students with different cross-cultural experience
.... Bronfenbrener U., Harding J., Gallwey M. The measurement of skill in social per-ception. In McClelland, D. C. (Ed.). Talent and society. NY, 1958.
8. Chen G. M. Intercultural effectiveness. In L. A. Samovar, R. E. Porter, &
E. R. McDaniel (Eds.), Intercultural communication: A reader. Boston, 2009. P. 393—401.
9. Chen G. M., & Starosta W. J. A review of the concept of intercultural sensitivity // Human Communication. 1997. № 1. P. 1—16.
10. De Santos Velasco F. Desarrollo de la Competencia Intercultural ...
The attempts of founding of the Russian Idea as a Russian nation specific component of intercultural communication
5. Kocherov N. The Russian idea as the subject of philosophic analysis: to the issue of the necessity of philosophical ideas, 2010. URL: http://credonew.ru/content/ view/889/62/ (дата обращения: 12.02.2014).
Samsonova M. The
intercultural communication, national identity, the Russian Idea.
Text localization as a task of translation
... Language and Globalisation. Coupland, pp. 203—231.
4. Jiménez-Crespo M. A., 2013. Translation and Web Localization. Routledge. 233 p.
5. Mityagina V. A., 2014. Translation as the stage of the formation of the tourist Internet discourse. Media and intercultural communication in the European context: Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. Stavropol, Publishing House of the North-Caucasian Federal University, pp. 346—348.
6. Shurlina O. V., 2014. The difficulties of "localization" ...
The moving boundaries of news translation
... intensified exchanges with audiovisual translation.
Baker, M., 2006. Translation and Conflict: A Narrative Account. London: Routledge.
Bassnett, S., 2005. Bringing the News Back Home: Strategies of Acculturation and Foreignisation. Language and Intercultural Communication, 5(2), pp. 120—130. 10.1080/14708470508668888.
Bielsa, E. and Bassnett, S., 2009. Translation in Global News. London, New York: Routledge.
Bouko, C., et al., (in press) Being a Journalist in a Multilingual Country: Representations of Dutch ...
Intercultural mediation in the context of globalization and migrant crisis
Modern society is predetermined with the policy of multiculturalism, which has proved its failure lately. The renewed demands for intercultural mediators require а need to evolve from mere tolerance to empathy in the process of communication with members of other cultures. A significant indicator of a new understanding of tolerance and adaptation to new conditions is mediation rather than the indifferent ‘tolerant’ acceptance of inappropriate behaviour.
1. Боголюбова ...
National conceptual picture of the world and the political nation
The article shows a link between culture-specific concepts and the phenomenon of political nation. The author reveals political conditionality of national mentality by intercultural communication. All these phenomena and processes are examined from the point of view of a system of synergies. The author identifies the bifurcation points in the history of national states, which determine their development.
1. Белоцеркивець ...
Regional identity as an important component of a bachelor of linguistics’ university training
... Регионоведческое содержание в контексте школьного языкового образования // Иностранные языки в школе. 2008. № 3. С. 31—35.
20. Byram M., Phipps A. Languages for intercultural communication and educa-tion. Developing Intercultural Competence in Practice. Cleventon ; Buffalo ; Toronto ; Sydney, 2001.
Tambovkina T., Nasyrova A.
university language education, regional identity, bachelor of linguistics.
"The Baltic University" programme on the eve of its 20th anniversary
This article is dedicated to the Baltic University programme — a unique educational project aiming at the sustainable development of the Baltic Sea region. International interuniversity cooperation facilitates intercultural communication between students and researchers, and creates new prospects for joint research, which opens up an opportunity for solving common environmental and social problems in the Baltic Sea region.
Ionov Viktor, Kropinova Yelena
the Baltic University ...
The Image of Contemporary Russia n Language and Culture: the Thematic Issue of «Russian Review»
... and its international policy. The aim of the reviewed issue is to promote exchange ideas among scientists whose research in various scientific disciplines contributes to a deeper understanding of Russia and the formation of its image in national and intercultural communication. The issue provides a multidimensional coverage of various theoretical and practical aspects of the image-making from the perspective of the theory of communication, linguistics, social psychology, discourse studies, cognitive poetics, linguistics ...
Emotional and receptive-axiological aspects of the speech act of threat in everyday conflict communication in Russian
... On the question of the definition and classification of the threat speech act. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser.: Lingvistika i mezhkul'turnaya kommunikatsiya [Proceedings of Voronezh State University. Series: Linguistics and intercultural communication], 2, pp. 69—71 (in Russ.).
Zhuchkov, D. O., 2010. Rechevoi akt ugrozy kak ob"ekt pragmalingvisticheskogo analiza [Threat speech act as an object of pragmalinguistic analysis]. Ph. D. Voronezh State University (in Russ.).
On the Dual Role of the Translator of Poetry and the Division of Roles
8. Fateeva, N. A., 2000. Kontrapunkt intertekstual'nosti, ili Intertekst v mire tekstov [Counterpoint intertextuality, or Intertext in the world of texts]. Moscow.
9. Pym, A., 2012. Translation and Text Transfer: An Essay on the Principles of Intercultural Communication. Frankfurt am Main.
poetry translation, translation from a literal translation, functions of translator, language personality, translation strategy, original poetry
Experiences in translation: the text as a pattern, the pattern as a text
... projekt. pp. 225—328 (in Russ.).
Suchkova, G. M., 2010. Communication pattern as a type of emotional communication. Vestnik VGU. Seriya: Lingvistika i mezhkul'turnaya kommunikatsiya [Bulletin of Voronezh State University. Series: Linguistics and Intercultural Communication], 2, pp. 149—154 (in Russ.).
pattern, literary text, generative poetics, invariance, variability
Tsvigun T. V., Chernyakov A. N.
Age-related characteristics of English, American, and Russian compliments
... [A pragmatic aspect of complimentary statements (on the material of Anglo-American fiction)]. Ph.D. Kaliningrad (in Russ.).
Leontovich, O.A., 2013. Russkie i amerikantsy: paradoksy mezhkul'turnogo obshcheniya [Russian and Americans: the paradoxes of intercultural communication]. Available at:
[Accessed 3 September 2014].
Miklyaeva, A.V., Rumyantseva, P.V., 2008. Sotsial'naya identichnost' lichnosti: soderzhanie, struktura, mekhanizmy formirovaniya [Social identity ...
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
Demirkol Ertürk, Ş., 2013. Images of Istanbul in translation: a case study in Slovenia. Across Languages and Cultures, 14(2), pp. 199—220.
Dimitriu, R., 2012. When ‘we’ are ‘the other’. Travel books on Romania as exercises in intercultural communication. Perspectives, 20(3), pp. 313—327.
Fowler, C., 2007. Chasing Tales. Travel Writing, Journalism and the History of British Ideas about Afghanistan. Amsterdam & New York: Rodopi.
Frank, H. T., 2007. Cultural Encounters in Translated Children's ...
Historical development of the Pomor North Lexicography: a comparative analysis of the three translation dictionaries
... from Arkhangelsk. A detailed comparative analysis of these sources permits to illustrate different periods of the lexicographical activity in the Pomor North. The three dictionaries were compiled by the people who had got involved in translation and intercultural communication through their professional activities, as they needed specialized dictionaries for work. This influenced the selection of the vocabulary, information structuring, grammatical labels and comments. The revealed deviations from the modern lexicographic ...
Factors of self-actualization of student youth in the context of cross-cultural interaction and the mastering of a macro-mediator language
.... The identification of similarities / distinctions in the ways of self-actualization of the personality, most widespread in intercultural interaction, allows the author to forecast the pragmatics of the impact of various linguistic and cultural stimuli ... ... Context and method / ed. by J. F. Gubrium, J. A. Holstein. Thousand Oaks, CA, 2002. P. 83—101.
Litvinchuk I. N.
sociology of communication, values, ethnocultural groups, standardized interview
The intertexteme as an instrument in the past — present — future dialogical space of urbanism practices: an intersemiotic analysis of graffiti and inscriptions in Gdansk and Kaliningrad
Boltyanskii, G. M., 1925. Lenin i kino [Lenin and cinema]. Moscow. Leningrad (in Russ.).
Glazychev, V. L., 2008. Urbanistika [Urban Studies]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Gudkov, D. B., 2003. Teoriya i praktika mezhkul'turnoy kommunikatsii [Theory and practice of intercultural communication]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Gudkov, D. B., Krasnykh, V. V., Zakharenko, I. V. and Bagaeva, D. V., 1997. Cognitive base and precedent phenomena in the system of other units and in communication. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 9. Filologiya ...
Mapping Poetic Bilingualism in Europe: Language Contacts and Cultural Transfers
... practical challenges in mapping poetic multilingualism in Europe.
1. Azarova, N. M., 2016. Poetic bilingualism as a means of intercultural transfer. In: V. V. Feschenko et al., eds. Lingvistika i semiotika kul'turnykh transferov: metody, printsipy, tekhnologii ... ... V., 2017. "The revolution of language" by Eugene Jolas: from "vertical" poetry to "vertigral" communication. Sibirskii filologicheskii zhurnal [Siberian philological journal], 3, 2017. In press.
10. Tarasova, M. A., 2015....