Images of English giants: at the intersection of mythological traditions
... English folk tale discourse. The elements of archaic beliefs are represented in the inner form of nominations and attributes of folk tale giants. Borrowed motifs are subjected to varying degrees of transformation in folk tale discourse and depend upon cultural and historical development of the English ethnos.
1. Голованов И. А. Константы фольклорного сознания в устной народной прозе Урала (XX—XXI вв.) : автореф. дис. ... д-ра филол. наук. М., 2010....
Translation of new sociological terminology: challenges and solutions
... Russian, to explore their form and conceptual content in two languages, the degree of their conventionality in the scientific thesaurus of multilingual sociological schools and the possibility of an adequate transfer of terminological meaning from English into Russian. The authors view the sociological term as a cognitive, linguistic and cultural phenomenon, and study its synchronic and diachronic variability. The article is an attempt to illuminate the problem from a purely linguistic and translation point of view and to point out the need for combining efforts to systematise and ...
State verbs in the progressive aspect in the contemporary Indian English
... Y., 2008.
10. Sarangi J. Indian Variety of English: A Socio-linguistic Study // Studies in ELT, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics. Delhi, 2004.
11. Seth V. A Suitable Boy: A Novel. 20
Anniversary ed. L., 2013.
12. Schneider E. W. Postcolonial English. Cambridge, 2007.
13. Thorat S. K. Indian Ethos and Culture in Nissim Ezekielʹs Poetry. L., 2008.
14. The Hindustan Times. 2018. July 5.
15. The Hindustan Times. 2018. Sep. 6.
16. The Indian Express. The Express Group. URL:
17. The ...
Conceptualisation of transfer and translation in modern linguistics
... 2016. Early Modern Dynastic Marriages and Cultural Transfer. Farnham.<br>
32. Eisenberg, Ch., 2005. Cultural transfer as a historical process: Research questions, steps of analysis, methods. In: J. Schlaeger, ed. REAL: Yearbook of Research in English and American Literature: Metamorphosis — Structures of Cultural Transformation. Tubingen. Vol. 20. <br>
33. Espagne, M., 2010. Introduction. In: M. Espagne, ed. Transferts culturels et comparatisme en Russie. Slavica Occitania. Vol. 30.<br>
34. Espagne, M., 2014. L’ambre et le fossil. Transferts ...
Age-related characteristics of English, American, and Russian compliments
Yates, R., 1961. Revolutionary Road. Available at:
[Accessed 23 September 2015].
compliment, age-related identity, mature age identity, young age identity, English culture, American culture, Russian culture
Kurakina N. A.
Evaluating the impact of integration processes on the ethnopolitical competition of languages in the Baltic Region
... multiculturalism and ethnicity in the Western Balkans and intercultural communication, Journal of Public Affairs. doi:
23. Xiong, T., Li, Q. N., Hu, G. W. 2020, Teaching English in the shadow: identity construction of private English language tutors in China, Discourse-Studies in the cultural politics of education, doi:
24. He, J. 2020, A language-political and comparative Examination of the German Language in Japan, Korea and China Historical Overview, Present Situation and Future ...
The moving boundaries of news translation
..., C., Boulanger, P.-P. and Kalantari, E., 2018. How to Approach Translation in a Financial News Corpus? Across Languages and Cultures, 19(2), pp. 221—240. 10.1556/084.2018.19.2.5.
Gambier, Y., 2010. Media, information et traduction à l'ère de la mondialisation.... ... pp. 13—30.
Gendron, P., Conway, K. and Davier, L., (in press) News Translation on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s English and French Websites. In: L. Davier and K. Conway, eds. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Gentzler, E., 2017. Translation and ...
Pragmatic aspects of gender-specific compliments in the English language culture
The aim of this article is to examine linguistic manifestations of gender in complimentary utterances in English. The author uses modern fiction as an object of research. Linguistic manifestations of gender characteristics are analysed against the target-related orientation of the complimentary utterances. The author concludes that the overwhelming majority ...
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
Imagology, the study of national and cultural images as represented in textual discourse, is a fruitful approach for disciplines dealing with textual change, such as translation studies. Both imagology and translation studies have gradually extended their area of research, which has revealed ...
Translating philosophical aesthetics: Peritext as a window into the translator's mind. Part 2
... Technology”. Credo New. Available at: http://
[Accessed 11 October 2020] (in Russ.).
Michel, J. B., Shen, Y. K., Aiden, A. P., Veres, A., Gray, M. K. and Pickett, J. P. et al., 2011. Quantitative analysis of culture using millions of digitized books (With Supporting Online Material). Science, 331(6014), pp. 176—182.
Minchenkov, A., 2019. Translating a Scientific Text into English: Cognitive Perspective. The Journal of Teaching English for Specific and Academic Purposes, 7(1), pp. 71—84.
Monk, S., 1944. A Grace Beyond the Reach of Art. Journal of the History of Ideas, 5 (2), pp. 131—150.
Olohan, M. and Salama-Carr,...
Culture-specific words in the poem «Dead Souls» by N. V. Gogol: the problem of translation
Using the poem “Dead souls” by N. V. Gogol and its two English translations made by D. J. Hogarth and R. A. Maguire, the author considers lexical units having a cultural component and belonging to the following semantic fields — Clothes, Transport and Food. The lexical units selected are examined from the point of view of their translation into English in the target texts. By means of a comparative analysis ...
Linguocultural Transfer: Memplexes in the Anglo-Saxon Tradition
... linguistic cultural transfer can be considered and described from the perspectives of cultural matrices and of memes (meme complexes). The meme theory of religion and the disappearance of religious components in the modern designation of animals from the Old English bestiary are quoted as cases of reinterpreting the values of one culture in the tradition of another.
1. Andreeva, L. A., 2007. Sakralizatsiya vlasti v istorii khristianskoi tsivilizatsii: Latinskii Zapad i pravoslavnyi Vostok [Sacralization power in the history of Christian civilization: the Latin West and the ...
Between mysticism and technique: anagram the European Baroque culture
... l’Ecole française de Rome. Italie et Méditerranée. 1989. T. 101, № 1. Р. 9—181.
28. Smith N. The uses of Hebrew in the English revolution // Language, Self, and Society. A Social History of Language / ed. P. Burke, R. Porter. Cambridge, 1991. P.... ... Vuillemin J.-C. Baroque: le mot et la chose // Oeuvres critiques. 2007. Vol. 32, № 2. P. 13—21.
anagram, Baroque, European culture
Dementyev I. O.
Translation and Discourse Analysis
... Translator Education. An Illustration with a Focus on Textual Meaning. The Interpreter and Translator Trainer, 1(2). pp. 223—246.
Manfredi, M., 2018.
Investigating ideology in news features translated for two Italian media
. Across Languages and Cultures, 19(2). pp. 185—203.
Martin, J. R. and White, P. R. R., 2005. The Language of Evaluation: Appraisal in English. Basingstoke/New York: Palgrave.
Mason, I., 2004. Text parameters in translation: transitivity and institutional cultures. In: L. Venuti, ed. The Translation Studies Reader, New York and London: Routledge. pp. 470—481.
Mason, I., 2009....
Some aspects of time verbalisation in the English and Russian languages
... Dictionary of selected synonyms in the principal Indo-European languages. Chicago, 1949.
28. Cambridge international dictionary of English. Cambridge, 1998.
29. Devos F., Van Gyseghem N., Vandenberghe R. et al. Modelling vague lexical time expressions by means ... ... P. 147—166.
36. Rice S., Sandra D., Vanrespaille M. Prepositional semantics and the fragile link between space and time // Cultural, psychological and typological issues in cognitive linguistics. Amsterdam ; Philadelphia, 1999. P. 107—127.
37. Traugott ...
Language presentation of concepts in Russian and English cultures (using the lexeme “green” in phraseological units as an example)
... article concentrates on the research of concept understanding as a mental and inter-cultural unit in collective perception, represented by means of set expressions and phraseological units. Specific ways of the formation of the phraseological concepts in English and Russian cultures are described
Смысл. Концепт. Интенциональность. Пятигорск, 2003.
Когнитивная лингвистика как разновидность ...
Reminiscences of Russian culture in A. S. Byatt’s novel The Children’s Book
... the World before the War, 1890—1914. N. Y., 1966. URL:
(дата обращения: 17.05.2018).
27. Uhsadel K. The Continuity of Victorian Traces: A. S. Byatt’s The Children’s Book // Journal of Victorian Culture. 2012. Vol. 17, № 1. P. 72—79.
Bochkareva N. S.
Russian reminiscences, English literature, anarchists, reliquary, Diaghilev’s ballet
Cultural Transfer and Etymology
... of information passed on from one tradition to another and of ideas imported within cultural transfer. The analysis reveals the original Indo-European root for ‘bear’, which was tabooed across different Indo-European traditions, including in Old English. The article shows that cultural transfer explains the fact that philosophical lexis originates from handicraft terms. Cultural transfer determines the choice of lexical transferences and creates new possibilities for topical vocabularies through demonstrating different paradigms ...
The linguistic and stylistic means of expressing identity in com¬plimentary phrases (based on modern English, American, and Russian fiction)
... онлайн-библиотека. URL: http://www. e-reading.biz/bookreader.php/70922/Eugenides_-_Middlesex.html (дата обращения: 12.02.2013).
compliment, age-related identity, mature age-related identity, youth age-related identity, English culture, American culture, Russian culture.
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
15. Shchukin V. G. 2012, Ot mietafiziki lanshafta k fienomienologii nacii. F. А. Stepun ob osobennostiah russkoj kultury [From metaphysics to the phenomenology of the landscape of the nation. F. A. Stepun about the peculiarities of Russian culture] // Fedor Avgustovich Stepun / pod red. V. K. Kantora [Fyodor Avgustovich Stepun / ed. V. K. Kantor]. Мoscow, p. 55—74.
16. Czardybon B. А. 2011, Belyj i neokantianstvo [A. Belyj and neo-Kantianism] // Miry Andreja Belogo / pod red. K. Ichin,...
The imperative as an expressive means of impact in Russian and English advertisements
The article is devoted to the function of imperative constructions as the means of impact in Russian and English social advertisements. It also deals with comparative analysis of imperative in the Russian and English languages and their cultural differences.
1. Вежбицкая А. В. Сопоставление культур через посредство лексики и прагматики. М., 2001.
2. Жерновая О. Р. Грамматический строй языка ...
Electronic culture: a need for the interdisciplinary approach to the study
... of the 20th century. The author considers the conditions and factors of the interdisciplinary approach to studying electronic culture.
1. Маклюэн М. Понимание медиа: внешние расширения человека М., 2007.... ... ru/wiki/Электронная_культура (дата обращения: 12.03.2013).
3. Haan J. de, Huysmans F. 2002. URL: http://www.scp. nl/english/publications/summaries/9037700926.html (дата обращения: 12.03.2013).
4. Schwarz M. Е-Culture: Crossovers ...
Formal terms of reproach in Russian discourse
... State University (in Russ.).
Davydova, T. А., 2003. Rechevoi akt upreka v angliiskom yazyke [The speech act of reproach in the English language]. PhD. Irkutsk State Linguistic University (in Russ.).
Karaziya, N. А., 2004. Pragmalingvisticheskoe issledovanie ... ... sovremennoi amerikanskoi rechevoi kul'tury [A pragmalinguistic study of the act of reproach in the context of modern American speech culture]. Ph. D. Kamchatka State Pedagogical University (in Russ.).
Lavrent'eva, E. А., 2006. Rechevye zhanry obvineniya i opravdaniya ...
The media image of San Escobar in the space of fictional worlds: a socio-semiotic perspective
Zagibalova, M. A., 2008. Phenomen karnavalizacii sovremennoj kultury [The phenomenon of carnivalization of modern culture]: PhD. Tula State Pedagogical University (in Russ.).
Zalevskaya, A. A., 1999. Vvedenie v psikholingvistiku [Introduction ... ... Novejshij philosiphskij slovar’ [Newest Philosophical Dictionary]. Minsk (in Russ.).
Morton, A. L., 1956. Anglijskaya utopiya [English utopia]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Myrkin, V. Ya., 1978. Types of contexts. Communicative context. Philologicheskiye nauki ...
Implications of J. L. Holland’s theory: applicability of RIASEC structure and assessment to English language teachers of the Kaliningrad region
... 35. P. 411—418.
22. Lonner W. J., Ibrahim F. A. Appraisal and assessment in cross-cultural counseling// Counseling across cultures. CA, 1996. P. 293—322.
23. Nagy G., Trautwein U., Lüdtke O. The structure of vocational interests in Germany:different ... ... Behavior. 1996. № 48. P. 3—41.
Budarina A. O., Morozov O. G.
Holland’s theory, RIASEC model structure, vocational needs, English
The representation of the concept “family” in English conceptual sphere: a case of children poems
The article focuses on the representation of the concept «family» in English poetry for children. Particular attention is paid to the national and cultural component of the concept under study.
Страна детей. СПб., 1998.
когнитивных терминов / под ред. Е.
Linguistic and cultural focus of specialised technical translation in the steel industry (Russian, English, and German languages)
... communicative situations of translation in the steel industry, considering the transfer of terminology, lexical ambiguity, cultural specificity of technological processes, aspects of regulation and standardization, interference and borrowing from other cultures and issues of accent and dialect in speech communication with non-native speakers. The illustrative and novel nature of the research proceeds from a comparative analysis of the empirical material of three languages: Russian, English, and German. The study relies on observation, analysis, synthesis, generalization, content analysis, as well as the comparative method allow expanding the scope of research on the technology and problems of translating a special text and formulate ...
The phenomenology of Pushkin’s ‘universal sympathy (based on ‘Аscene from ‘Faust’, ‘The feast in the time of plague’, and ‘the Wanderer’)
... hermeneutics of faith within the context of Russia’s and Western Europe’s eschatological objectives, which shaped the cultural codes of the two territories.
Vatsuro, V. E., et al., eds., 1974. A. S. Pushkin v vospominaniyakh sovremennikov: ... ... memoirs of contemporaries: in 2 vol.]. Vol. 2. Moscow (in Russ.).
Bunyan, J., 2006. Put' palomnika [Pilgrim way]. Translated from English by T. Popova. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Bunyan, J., n. d. Puteshestvie piligrima [Pilgrim's Journey]. Translated from ...
The Riddle as an Object of Linguistic Research
... approaches — the philological and ethnolinguistic ones. The article stresses the contribution made by the compilers of collections of riddles to riddle studies. Different ways to organize collections of riddles are described in the case of Russian and English editions. The article identifies the ideas both common and unique to individual riddle researchers and summarizes their findings. The author lays groundwork for further research on riddles from the perspective of linguistics, in particular, cultural linguistics.
1. Aristotel', 1998. Poetics. On the art of poetry. In: Aristotel'. Etika. Politika. Ritorika. Poetika. Kategorii [Ethics. Politics. Rhetoric. Poetics. Categories]. Minsk. pp. 1064—1112.
2. Golovacheva, A. V., 1994. To the question ...
The Philosophy of Vasily Sesemann and Marburg Neo-Kantianism
... Cohen in Russia: especially the reception] // Neokantianstvo nie-mieckoje i russkoje: mezdu tieoriej poznanija i kritikoj kultury / pod red. I. N. Grifcovoj, N. А. Dmit-rijewoj [Russian and German Neo-Kantianism: between epistemology and criticism of culture / ed. I. N. Griftsova, N. A. Dmitrieva]. Мoscow, p. 299—317.
3. Belov V. N. 2012 (a), V. E. Sezeman — sistiematik russkogo neokantianstwa [V. E. Se¬semann — systematics of Russian neo-Kantianism] // Voprosy filosofii [Problems of Philo-sophy]....
Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
... ago, in 2000, the conservation area was listed by UNESCO as a place of considerable natural significance. The field studies were carried out as part of the international project Ecotour4Natur: Ecotourism as a Tool for the Preservation of Natural and Cultural Heritage within the Lithuania-Russia Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2014—2020. The developed algorithm for eco-trail design may benefit other national parks as well.
1. Hose, T. A. 2011, The English Origins of Geotourism (as a Vehicle for Geoconservation) and Their Relevance to Current Studies, Acta geographica Slovenica, vol. 51, no. 2, p. 343—359.
2. Hose, T. A. 2012, Editorial: Geotourism and Geoconservation, Geoheritage, vol. 4, no....
Events and narration in socio-cultural practices
Deleuze, G., 1998. Logika smysla [The logic of meaning]. Translated from French by Ya. I. Svirsky. Ekaterinburg (in Russ.).
Frazer, J. G., 2006. Zolotaya vetv'. Issledovanie magii i religii [Golden bough. Study of magic and religion]. Translated from English by M. K. Ryklina. Moscow (in Russ.).
Gerasimov S. V., 2017. Event as a managerial function of generating social reality. Chelovek. Kul'tura. Obrazovanie [Human. Culture. Education], 1 (23), pp. 68—83 (in Russ.).
Gerasimov, S. V. and Tereshhenko, P. A., 2020. Storytelling of political leaders as an instrument of symbolic politics. Diskurs [Discourse], 6 (3), pp. 5—20 (in Russ.).
Gerasimov, S. V. and Tul'chinskij,...
Social media interfaces as a representation of cultural meanings
... self-presentation. I analysed Facebook and VKontakte – two large social media platforms originating from the countries with different cultural values and social expectations. My focus was on the principal categories of identification and virtual self-presentation.... ... carried out from the perspective of a change in the linguistic projection (which happens when the user switches from Russian to English and vice versa). I detected significant differences in all the categories analysed. I conclude that the Vkontakte platform ...
Breakthrough in Chinese Kant Scholarship. Interview with Prof. Deng Xiaomang
... 中国当代文化批判与人文建构 Shiji zhi feng: Zhongguo dangdai wenhua pipan yu renwen jiangou [Wind of the Century: Criticism of Contemporary Chinese Culture and Humanistic Construction]. Wuhan: 湖北人民出版社 Hubei renmin chubanshe [Hunan People’s Press].
Deng, X., ... ... yinshuguan [Commercial Press].
Kant, I., 1957. 纯粹理性批判 Chuncui lixing pipan [Critique of Pure Reason]. Translated (from English) by G. Lan. Hong Kong: 三联书店 Sanlian shudian [Joint Publishing].
Kant, I., 1960. 实践理性批判 Shijian lixing ...
Translation of sociolect texts
... represented by a set of language variants or language existential forms, reflecting the heterogeneous character of the national culture. Notwithstanding variable nature of language, linguistic theorizing has been mostly based on standardized languages ... ... adaptation interventions, which a translator needs to perform to render the specificity of the Soviet camp social dialect in English. The analysis of the ways in which translators processed the source texts under consideration reveals the twofold strategy ...
Analytic philosophy: a historico-critical survey
... McGuinness B. F. Stuttgart, 1976.
30. Witgenstein und der Wiener Kreis / ed. by McGuinness B. F. Frankfurt am Main, 1967. In English: Wittgenstein and the Vienna Circle / ed. by McGuinness B. F. Oxford, 1979.
31. Wright von G. H. Explanation and Understanding.... ... Philosophy of Georg Henrik von Wright / ed. by Hahn L. and Schilpp P. A. // The Library of Living Philosophers. Chicago, 1989.
33. Cultural Relativism and Philosophy / ed. by Dascal M. Leiden, 1991.
34. Rationality and Relativism / ed. by Hollis M. and Lukes ...
On the structure of anthroponyms and their functioning in the Russian and English languages
The article deals with the functioning of anthroponyms and the condi-tions for the realization of their cognitive potential in the Russian and English cultural contexts. In this survey-based research an attempt is made to demon-strate how the flexibility of anthroponymical models reflects both the represen-tation and perception of an individual in the two cultures, and how communi-cation is handled ...
Features of the implementation of the ACCESS international project in the Kaliningrad region based on the principles of inclusive education
The implementation of the English Access Microscholarship Program (ACCESS) in the Kaliningrad region is based on the principles of inclusive education. It makes the study of the English language more accessible to ado-lescents from an economically disadvantaged background and children with special needs. A greater sensitivity to cultural differences, coupled with the acquired language skills, enable the participants to take advantage of opportu-nities that had previously been unavailable to them.
1. Алехина С. В. Принципы инклюзии в контексте ...
One Hundred Years Later: Visual Representations of Cultural Memory of the First World War in the Commemorative Practices in the UK
Based on the pieces of art created in the UK to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the First World War, the article analyzes the visual images used in the national commemorative practices. Interconnection between the specifics of "English style" in the representation of the cultural memory of the Great War and deep trauma of British society as a result of the war is considered.
1. Барт Р. Camera lucida. Комментарий к фотографии / пер. М. Рыклина. М., 2011.
2. Губанов И. А....
On the less obvious manifestations of the poetic function: a translator’s view
... first book in comprehension, précis and composition. London.
Arnold, I. V., 2016. Stilistika. Angliysky yazyk [Stylistics. The English Language]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Barthes, R., 1977. The Death of the Author. In: Image, music, text. London, pp. 142—148.... ....).
Eco, U., 2014. On Ugliness. New York, Paris, London, Milan: Rizzoli.
Feshchenko, V. V., 2018. R. Jakobson as Mediator of Cultural Transfer between Linguistics and Literary Experiments. Przegląd Wschodnioeuropejski, 9 (2), pp. 309—317 (in Russ....
The formation of the narrative and the performative in public communication
... transfer: ideas about the world in ancient traditions. Kritika i semiotika [Criticism and semiotics], 1, pp. 220—232 (in Russ.).
Russel, B., 2001. Istoriya zapadnoi filosofii: v 3 kn. [History of Western Philosophy: in 3 books]. Translated from English by V. V. Celishcheva. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Tul'chinskii, G. L., 2018. Evaluative-emotional factors of sense-formation: normative value patterns of cultural narratives. Chelovek. Kul'tura. Obrazovanie [Man. The culture. Education], 4(30), pp. 165—175 (in Russ.).
Tyupa, V. I., 2010. Dramaturgy as a type of utterance. Novyi filologicheskii vestnik [New Philological Bulletin], 3 (14), pp. 7—16 ...
Analytic Philosophy: a Historico-Critical Survey
30. Wittgenstein, 1967: Witgenstein und der Wiener Kreis / ed. by B. F. McGuinness. Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp, 1967. In English: Wittgenstein and the Vienna Circle. Ed. by McGuinness B. F. Oxford : Basil Blackwell, 1979.
31. Wright von, 1971: Wright ... ... Georg Henrik von Wright / ed. by L. Hahn, P. A. Schilpp The Library of Living Philosophers. Chicago : Open Court, 1989.
33. Cultural Relativism and Philosophy / ed. by M. Dascal. Leiden : Brill E. J., 1991.
34. Rationality and Relativism / ed. by M....
Ekphrasis in contemporary English novels
... to the creation of literary meanings.
1. Байетт А. Зачем нужно искусство? URL:
(дата обращения: 04.06.2012).
2. Байетт А. Китайский омар / пер.... ... № 11. С. 47—57.
16. Byatt A. S. Little Black Book of Stories. L., 2004.
poetics, ekphrasis, genre, modern English short story
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... studying together during the whole duration of the programme. It is the first internationally accredited MA programme taught in English. International accreditation proves the compliance of the programme with international education standards. The same cooperation ... ... Inland Waters, Vol. 29, no. 3, p. 332—334. DOI: 10.1016/S0075-9511(99)80024-3.
15. Research works ordered by the Committee of culture and formation of the European Parliament for 2015, 2015, available at:
The symbols of the temporary and timeless in B. Pasternak’s poem Sparrow Hills
... The poem's main image – Pentecost (“Whitsun”) – proves to be a manifestation of eternity in the realm of time. In the English translation, this broad temporal context is lost.
1. Алефиренко Н. Ф. Событийная синергетика ... ....2009).
13. Friends & Partners: Linking US—Russia Across the Internet : [сайт]. URL: http://friends-partners.org/friends/culture/literature/20century/pasternak11.html (дата обращения: 07.02.2013).
14. Nilsson N. Е. “It is the World's ...
The stylistic aspect of Russian and English biblical idioms
This article deals with the balance and misbalance of the English and Russian biblical idioms as regards their stylistic colouring. The idea is put forward that the misbalance can be accounted for by the different priorities of the Western and Eastern cultural traditions.
1. Апресян Ю. Д. Образ человека по данным языка: попытка системного описания // Вопросы языкознания. 1995. № 1. С. 37—67.
2. Береговская ...
‘Reaching out’ beyond the text: philosophical notes
... Harvard University Press.
Smith, J., 2006. Who's Afraid of Postmodernism? Taking Derrida, Lyotard, and Foucault to Church. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic.
Wheeler, H., 1999. Francis Bacon‘s ‘Verulamium‘: The Common Law Template of the Modern in English Science and Culture. Angelaki, 4 (1), pp. 7—26.
text, semiotics, hermeneutics, philosophy, phenomenology, method, language
Klyukanov I. E.
Between nation and gender: History of beards in Western Europe and Russia, 1830—1880
... III. М., 2015.
27. Эткинд А. М. Внутренняя колонизация. Имперский опыт России. М., 2013.
28. Baldwin G. et al. All the Mighty World: The Photographs of Roger Fenton, 1852—1860. New Haven, 2004.
29. English B. A Cultural History of Fashion in the 20th and 21st Centuries: From Catwalk to Sidewalk. L., 2013.
30. Gold McBride S. “Power is on the side of the beard”. Masculinity and Facial Hair in Nineteenth-Century America. URL:
Kant in Nikolai Strakhov’s philosophical research (An experience of epistemological orientation)
... Literaturnaja kritika [Literary Criticism], St Petersburg, p. 3—41.
18. Strakhov, N. N. 1895. Anglijskaja psihologija [English psychology], Filosofskije ocherki [Philosophical Essays], St Petersburg, p. 201—267.
19. Strakhov, N. N. 1895. Gartman ... ..., p. 122—128.
26. Pruzhinin, B. I. and Schedrina, T. G. 2013. Epistemologicheskij stil’ v russkoi intellek-tual¬noj culture XIX—XX vekov: Ot lichnosti k traditsiji [Epistemological style of Russian in¬tel-lectual culture of XIX—XX centuries: ...
Action-thoughts and the genesis of time in linguistic semiosis
... Radical Constructivism: a way of knowing and learning. Bristol.
Goldsmith, J. and Woisetschlaeger, E., 1982. The logic of the English progressive. Linguistic Inquiry, 13(1), pp. 79—89.
Guénon, R., 1945. Le règne de la quantité et les signes des temps.... ... Cambridge & London.
Okhotsimsky, A. D., 2018a. Thought actions as the basis of mental work. Voprosy kul'turologii [Questions of cultural studies], 8, pp. 28—40 (in Russ.).
Okhotsimsky, A. D., 2018b. Thought actions as the basis of mental work. Voprosy ...