The position of international community on the restoration of independence of the Baltic States
The separation of the Baltics from the Soviet Uni on was a difficult process accompanied by both political and economic conflicts. The third party in the negotiation process was represented by Germany and the USA. This article sets out to identify the role of the USA and Germany in the restoration of Baltic independence. Historicism and objectivity principles serve as the methodological framework for the research. The regional approach was applied in order ...
Harry S. Truman and Racial Segregation Problem in USA in Second Half of the 1940s
The article is dedicated to the problem of racial segregation in the USA. Harry S. Truman was the first American president to raise the question of the necessity to eliminate this shameful tradition.
Papers of the Presidents of the United States....
Using iodine gas as the working fluid for stationary plasma thrusters
... alternative for xenon, which due to a number of shortcomings can not be used in the engines of its high power for spacecraft.
1. C. Hillier A. C., Branam R. D., Huffman R. E. et al. Thrust Density Propellants in Hall Thrusters // AIAA 2011-5240. Florida, USA. 2011. P. 1—15.
2. Kieckhafer A., King L. B. Energetics of Propellant Options for High-Power Hall Thrusters // Proceedings of the Space Nuclear Conference, paper 1092. California, USA. 2005. P. 1—10.
3. Ali M., Kim Y. Ionization cross sections ...
The legitimation and criticism of violence in international law. A po¬litical science perspective
... Intervention and State Sovereignty). The Responsibility to Protect. Ottawa, 2001.
18. Knöbl W., Schmidt G. (Hrsgs.). Die Gegenwart des Krieges. Frankfurt, 2000.
19. Liste Ph. Völkerrecht-Sprechen. Die Konstruktion demokratischer Völkerrechtspolitik in den USA und der Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Baden, 2011.
20. Mayer P. War der Krieg der NATO gegen Jugoslawien moralisch gerechtfertigt? // Zeitschrift für International Beziehungen. 1999. № 6:2. S. 287—321.
21. Maus I. Verfassung oder Vertrag? Zur ...
The theme of the female in the novels of Charles Brockden Brown
This article is devoted to the oeuvre of the American author of the beginning of the 19th century Charles Brockden Brown who, being little known to the Russian reader, is considered in the USA the father of gothic novel. Addressing the problem of social and legal dependence in post-revolutionary America, Ch. B. Brown takes part in the formation of the new national ideology.
. The American Renaissance. N. Y., 1968....
Ideology of English monolingualism as the basis of the US language policy
... Planning Inequality: Language Policy in the Community. N. Y., 1991.
9. Weiss B. American Education and the European Immigrant, 1840—1940. Urbana, 1982.
10. Wiley T. G. Language planning, language policy, and the English-Only Movement // Language in the USA: Themes for the Twenty-first Century. N. Y., 2008. Р. 319—338.
11. Wong Fillmore L. W. Language in education // Language in the USA: Themes for the Twenty-first Century. N. Y., 2008. P. 339—361.
12. Americans Overwhelmingly Support Official ...
A comparative analysis of terminology of inclusive education
... психология. 2011. Вып. 6.
13. Федеральный закон от 24 ноября 1995 г. № 181-ФЗ «О социальной защите инвалидов в РФ».
14. Mitchell D. What really works in special and inclusive education. USA, 2008.
15. Verma G. К., Christopher R. Bagley and Madan Mohan Jha International Per-spectives on Educational Diversity and Inclusion Studies fr om America, Europe and India. USA ; Canada, 2007.
16. Sue Stubbs Inclusive Education Wh ere there are ...
The Christian right movement in the USA in the 1990s
This article analyses the factors that strengthened the influence of the Christian right movement in the USA in the 1990s. The author considers the organizational changes and ideological transformation within the movement and its effect on the political process in this period. The article identifies the problems facing the Christian Right movement in its ...
The origins of confrontation with Western countries and the “Munich speech” of Vladimir Putin
In February 2007 Russia’s President Vladimir Putin made a speech at the Munich conference on security. In his speech, Vladimir Putin criticized the dominance policy pursued by the USA and its allies and spoke about the need to form a new system of world order based on partnership and good neighbourly relations between countries. Only these relations can ensure security and prosperity for the whole world. Unfortunately, Western ...
The apologia of reason in J. Chr. Gottsched’s classicistic system: On the 250th anniversary of the philosopher’s death
... art. Reflections on the fate of literary and artistic creation. Chapter 4. The dying of art]. In: Samosoznanie kulturyi i iskusstva XX veka. Zapadnaya Evropa i SShA [Self-awareness of culture and art of the twentieth century. Western Europe and the USA]. Moscow; SPb., pp. 352—378.
2. Goethe J. W. 1969, Poeziya i pravda [Poetry and truth], Moscow, 606 p.
3. Goethe J. W. 1976, Sobranie sochineniy [Collected works], v 10 t., Moscow.
4. Heisenberg W. 1989, Fizika i filosofiya. Chast i tseloe [Physics ...
Assessment of the efficiency of Russian response to the implementation of US missile defence deployment concept in Europe
... This work aims to analyze possible Russia’s responses within military and political spheres. The measures proposed are divided into three subgroups: soft, medium and hard depending on the implementation of the adopted missile defence concept by the USA. This research employs the structure-system method and the method of actualization. The authors outline both positive and negative consequences of such actions for the Russian Federation, the USA, eastern European countries and the neighbouring countries,...
George Balanchine, a teacher (1904—1983)
George Balanchine is a Russian-US dancer and choreographer who was invited to the USA in 1933 by Lincoln Kirstein's. Balanchine founded the School of American Ballet following the Russian ballet tradition. The author focuses his attention on several movements of classical dance as interpreted by Balanchine.
1. Суриц Е. Балет ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
34. Graeme, Н., Carsten, G. 2005, The Challenge of Public-Private Partnerships. Learning from international experience, Cheltenham UK, 368 р.
35. Yescombe, E. R. 2007, Public-private partnerships: principles of policy and finance. Burlington, USA, 368 p.
36. Link, A. N. 2006, Public/private partnerships: innovation strategies and policy alternatives, New York, 160 p.
37. Akitobi, B., Hemming, R., Schwartz, G. 2007, Public investment and public-private partnerships, Washington, International ...
On the role of education in health protection and the development of health behaviour by children and youth
... Viswanath K., editors. 4th ed. — San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2008.
Health promotion strategies through the life span. New Jersey, 2009.
Health Education in the Mid-1970s: State of the Art. In Preventive Medicine USA. N.
Y.: Prodist, 1976.
behavior, educational institution.
The military and political situation in the Baltic region in the late 20th/early 21st centuries: the prospects of ‘uneasy peace’
... Kaliningrad region and to take practical steps to ensure peace and security in the region.
Kiknadze, V. G., Mironyuk, D. A., Kretinin, G. V.
international relations, cooperation, politics, security, Baltic region, Russia, Kaliningrad region, USA, NATO
The US marine fleet in the context of lend-lease deliveries to Great Britain and the USSR during World War II : the development programme and travel routes
... World War II for providing military and economic support to the anti-Hitler coalition — Great Britain and the USSR. The author considers the most typical projects of marine transport vessels built at US shipyards, the main routes of travel from the USA and Great Britain to the USSR in the framework of the end-lease programme.
1. Блэйр К. Подводная война Гитлера. Охотники. 1939—1942 : в 2 т. М., 2001.
2. Стеттиниус Э. Ленд-лиз — оружие ...
Modeling of the cathode thermal conditions
1. Алямовский А. А. SolidWorks Simulation. Как решать практические задачи. М., 2012.
2. Основные элементы SolidWorks. DassaultSystemes SolidWorks Corporation 175 Wyman Street Waltham, MA 02451 USA, 2011.
3 Лившиц Б. Г. Физические свойства металлов и сплавов. М., 1959.
4. Кресанов В. С., Малахов Н. П., Морозов В. В. и др. Высокоэффективный эмиттер ...
Experience of Physical Education Methods Application to Medical and Social Support of People Living with HIV
The article analyses the appropriateness and efficiency of physical training by medical and social support of people living with HIV. The author presents the results of research conducted in Russia, the USA, and Canada.
B., Reece M.,
Predictors of exercise stage of change among individuals living with HIV/AIDS //
Med Sci Sports Exerc
. 2008 Sep;40(9):1700—6.
Buchacz K., Rangel M., Blacher R., Brooks J.
The ‘сool war’ in the Baltic Sea Region: consequences and future scenarios..
... possible. Although the improvement of relations with the other states in the region is not very probable, Russia will benefit from taking every possible step towards it.
Khudoley K. K.
Baltic Sea region, cool war, Cold War, foreign policy of Russia, USA, NATO, European Union
Foreign lobbying as an instrument of defense cooperation between Poland and the United States
... negotiations, relying on the two-party support in the US Congress, successfully coordinating the activities of its governing bodies and various corporations which are submitted to tight state control.
Konyshev V. N., Skvortsova E. M.
foreign lobbying, USA, Poland, defence cooperation
Problems of modeling of the working processes of a stationary plasma engine
... Huang W., Kamhawi H., Haag T. Effect of Background Pressure on the Performance and Plume of the HiVHAc Hall Thruster // IEPC-2013-058 Presented at the 33rd International Electric Propulsion Conference, The George Washington University Washington, D. C. USA, October 6–10, 2013.
Semenenko D., Rumyantsev A.
stationary plasma thruster, mathematical model, erosion
Formation of American Foreign Policy towards Poland before and in First Years of Cold War
... Knoxvill, 1978.
Bitter legacy. Polish-American relations in the wake of World War II. Lexington, 1982.
After victory. Churchill, Roosevelt, Stalin and the making of the peace. N
USA, Poland, foreign policy, World War II, Cold War.
Историческое развитие современной финансово-биржевой системы, существенно повлиявшей на глобализацию мировой экономики
... systems, one can model and forecast the dynamics of monetary and credit processes and assess the possibility of overcoming crises. Historically, the greatest influence on exchange activities has been exerted by the credit and monetary system of the USA. Thus, a stage-by-stage analysis of its development and global influence on monetary systems of other countries disclose the features of the origin of world stock exchange crises.
1. Бродель Ф. Материальная цивилизация,...
3D-simulation of equatorial F-spread: a comparing MI3 with SAMI3
Group of scientists of the Immanuil Kant Baltic Federal University (I. Kant BFU) in 1989 developed a three-dimensional code to study equatorial F-spread (EFS) studying. The Naval Research Laboratory (NRL, Washington, DC, USA) in 2008 developed a three-dimensional code to study equatorial spread F (ESF) also. Comparison of these models is made. Differences in number of ions and the accounting of electrons speeds and inertial terms are found.
1. Haerendel G. Theory of ...
The methodological framework for development of specialists in advertising and public relations
... и алгоритм формирования профессиональной культуры будущего бакалавра по направлению «Реклама и связи с общественностью» : монография. USA: PublishingHouse «Science&InnovationCenter», 2013.
8. Профессиональная культура специалиста по связям с общественностью: монография / под ред. Е. В. Соколовой,...
The response of different plant life forms to natural environment changes
... obtained results may be use for bioindication of the climate change in the Baltic Region.
1. Ehleringer, J. R., Cerling, T. E., Dearing, M. D. 2005. A History of atmospheric and its effects on plants, animals, and Ecosystems. Ecological Studies, Springer; USA: University of Utach.
2. Govindgy and Colleman, W. J. 1990. How plants make oxygen. Sci. Amer,pp. 50—58.
3. Heise, J. 2006. Change of temperature for the last 15 years in Berlin- Dahlem.[online] Available at: <Berliner-Wetterkarte. de> (Accessed ...
A competency-based interpretation of professional education results: History and objectives
... of the causes of transition to compe-tency interpretation of vocational education outcomes in Russia and abroad. The authors consider the interpretation of the basic categories of ‘competence’ and ‘competency’ in the education systems of the USA, the UK, Germany, France, and Russia, as well as the understanding of their structure and func-tion to improve the quality of educational outcomes and ensure harmonization with the economic development of the state.
1. Байденко В. И. Болонский ...
Competence in social assistance: analysis of the expectations of young people
... the future: the culture of new trends in science and tech-nology // Research Policy. 1999. № 28. Р. 81—98.
12. Martin P. Great expectations: the construction of markets, products and user needs during the early development of gene therapy in the USA // Technology and the Market: Demand, Users and Innovation. Cheltenham, 2001.
Toropov P. B.
competence in prosocial cooperation, expectations, content analysis, youth
Development of an erosion model of a discharge chamber of a stationary plasma engine
... навигация : тез. докл. 19-й Междунар. науч. конф. М., 2014.
3. Goebel D., Polk J., Sandler I. et al. Evaluation of 25-cm XIPS Thruster Life for Deep Space Mission Application // 31th International Electric Propulsion Conference. USA, 2013.
4. Приданников С. Ю. Исследование характеристик стационарных плазменных двигателей при длительной работе : дис. ... канд. техн. наук. Калининград,...
The synergy effect of economic metaphor in the interdiscursive space
... Independent Television News Limited (ITN). 2013. 14 Mar. URL: http://www.thefreelibrary.com (дата обращения: 25.03.2013).
17. Times of Oman. 2013. 18 Mar. URL: http://www.thefreelibrary.com (дата обращения: 24.03.2013).
18. USA Today. 2013. 14, 15, 17, 18 Mar. URL: http://www.thefreelibrary.com (дата обращения: 25.03.2013).
Chanysheva Z., Gainanshin M.
synergy, economic metaphor, sense production, interdiscursive space, model of metaphor evolvement, cluster ...
Readiness for mediation among the students with the degree in Humanities: a structural-functional model
... this social and humanitarian practice both in Russia and all over the world. The author shows the differences in the interpretation of readiness for activity as well as in the requirements for training mediators in Russia, the United Kingdom and the USA. The researcher states the need for a humanist outlook and the ability to conduct social and humanitarian practices, crucial for the professional position of a mediator. According to the author, bachelors in Humanities have a certain advantage in ...
Modern marketing practices: a preliminary comparative analysis of studies in developed and developing countries
... contemporary marketing practices // Journal of Strategic Marketing. 2009. Vol. 17, № 2. P. 169—187.
15. Pels J., Brodie R. J., Johnston W. J. Benchmarking business-to-business practices in emerging and developed economies: Argentina compared to the USA and New Zealand // Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. 2004. Vol. 19, № 6. P. 386—396.
16. Pels J., Brodie R. J. Profiling marketing practice in an emerging economy: the Argentine case // Journal of Global Marketing. 2003. Vol. 17, № ...
The Anglo-Saxon traditions in the educational system: educa-tion as a commercial enterprise
... New Haven ; L., 2010.
18. Veblen T. The higher learning in America
: a memorandum on the conduct of universities by business men. N. Y., 1918.
Loginova M. P.
Anglo-Saxon traditions, education, commercial enterprise, history of education, Russia, USA
Steroid hormone in marine bivalve molluscs of the annual cycle
... Никитина С. М., Кудикина Н. П. Гидрокортизон и кортикостерон в органах репродуктивной системы короткоперого кальмара // Сессия NAFO, SCR: DOC, 8/11147. USA. 1987. С. 1018—1021.
18. Плохинский Н. А. Биометрия. М., 1970.
19. Касьянов В. Л. Репродуктивная стратегия морских двустворчатых моллюсков и иглокожих....
On the 20th anniversary of the Department of criminal procedure, criminology and legal Informatics of the I. Kant Baltic Federal University
... and extending methodological support; interacting with other departments of leading universities of Russia and the region, as well as cooperating with foreign colleagues from the universities of Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Germany, England, USA; cooperating with practical departments of the region; managing the Criminalistics Situology research group under the leadership of T. S. Volchetskaya; undergraduate research activity; keeping traditions of the academic department. The article ...
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation: Optimistic future!
... Шанхайская организация сотрудничества: к новым рубежам развития: матер. круглого стола. М., 2008. С. 198—202.
the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, China, Russia, the USA, Central Asia.
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... international tourism in Lithuania in the framework of cross-border and transborder cooperation.
1. Agenda 21: Baltic Sea Region Tourism. Baltic 21 Tourism Group, 1998, Baltic 21 Series no. 7/98, Agenda 21 for the Baltic Sea Region Baltic 21 Tourism Group, USA, Stockholm Environment Institute-Boston Center, 74 p.
2. Bengtsson, R. 2009, An EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Good Intensions Meet Complex Challenges, European Policy Analysis, no. 9, p. 1—11.
3. Consumetric. Estonian Tourism Board information,...
Key trends and features of the Canadian military-industrial complex during the Second World War
... Supply. Quarterly Summary. January 1 to March 31, 1940. May 15, 1940. Ottawa.
32. The Industrial Front // Department of Munitions and Supply. Hon. C. D. Howe, Minister. Ottawa, Canada. January 1, 1942.
Uchaev A. N.
World War II, Canada, Great Britain, USA, military-industrial complex
Constitutional reforms and stability of the Сonstitution: balance finding problems
... в конституционном строе Российской Федерации. М., 2005.
3. Лукьянова Е. А. Конституционные трансформации и политические имитации. North Carolina, USA, 2018.
4. Таева Н. Е. Трансформация норм конституционного права под влиянием решений Конституционного Суда РФ // Lex Russica. 2013. № 12. С. 1383 -1387.
5. Берналь ...
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
... [Transnationalization of world economy], Prostranstvennyje struktury mirovogo khozjajstva, Moscow, p. 197—224.
10. Pruss, Ye. A. 2009, Osobennosti sovremennogo razmeschenija bankov na territorii SShA [Specifics of modern localization of foreign banks in the USA], Voprosy ekonomicheskoj i politicheskoj geografii zarubezhnyh stran, no. 18, p. 158—170.
11. Samusenko, D. N. 2014, Geograficheskij analiz protsessov prjamogo investirovanija v sovremennom mirovom khozjajstve [Geographical analysis of FDI processes ...
Satisfaction of Polish Bank Employees with Incentive Systems: An Empirical Approach
... Przedsiębiorstwo i region, no. 5, p. 38—47.
20. Podmoroff, D. 2010, 365 sposobów na codzienne motywowanie i nagradzanie pracowników, Warszawa, Wolters Kluwer, p. 228.
21. Rehu, M., Lusk, E., Wolff, B. 2005, Incentive Preferences of Employees in Germany and the USA: An Empirical Investigation, Management Revue, Vol. 16, no. 1, p. 81—98.
22. Robbins, S. P., Judge, T. A. 2012, Zachowania w organizacji, Warszawa, Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne, p. 404.
23. Romashkina, G. F., Andrianova, E. V. 2007, Motivation ...
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... Common Market Studies, Vol. 21, no. 2, p. 149–170.
12. Cochran, M. 1999, Normative Theory in International Relations: A Pragmatic Approach. Cambridge.
13. Damro, C. 2011, Market power Europe, Paper prepared for EUSA Biennial Conference Boston, MA, USA, March 3–5, 2011.
14. Diez, T., Manners, I. 2007, Reflecting on Normative Power Europe. In: Berenskoetter, F., Williams, M. (eds.), Power in World Politics. London, Routledge, p. 173–88.
15. Diez, T., Pace, M. 2011, Normative Power Europe and ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
This article considers the problem of security in the Baltic region, namely, that of Poland and the Baltics. The authors rely on the works of Karl Deutsch, Emanuel Adler, on Michael Barnett’s theory of security communities and Barry Buzan’s regional security complex theory, address Steven Mann’s controlled chaos theory and the concept of Intermarium. Their starting assumption is that the situation in the Baltic depends largely on the politics of external powers — Russia and the United States, —...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... legacies are equated are actively promoted on the pan-European level. Elites of the Baltic States play a salient role in this process and enhance ties with the elites of the Eastern Europe, expert and political communities of the Western Europe and USA. The dominant trends in the development of the historical politics in the Baltic countries are the administrative and legislative instruments for approval of the preferred narratives of the past, as well as an active political work at the international ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
....ru/world/20140903/1022627620.html (accessed 10.10.2015).
17. Ryabov, K. 2012, Amerikanskaja PRO i jadernoe sderzhivanie [The US missile defense and nuclear deterrence], Nacional'naja bezopasnost' Rossii, SShA i drugih stran mira [The national security of Russia, the USA and other countries], available at: http://nationalsafety.ru/n76516 (accessed 13.07.2015).
18. Hramchihin, А. 2011, Neprikrytyj morskoj rubezh. Kolichestvo korablej PRO u Rossii i SShA nesravnimo [Undisguised maritime boundary. The number of missile ...