The concept “people” in A. S. Shishkov’s manifestoes in the discourse of the Patriotic War of 1812
... “Ponyatiya o Rossii”: K istoricheskoi semantike imperskogo perioda [“Concepts about Russia”: Towards the historical semantics of the imperial period]. Vol. 2. Moscow (in Russ.).
Minakov, A. Yu., 2009. A. S. Shishkov as an ideologist and practitioner of Russian conservatism. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Istoriya. Politologiya [Scientific reports of Belgorod State University. Series: History. Political science], 7(62), pp. 143—150 (in Russ.).
On the historical context of innovative development in Russia
The present analysis is based on the institutional model of research on social processes. Thus, the idea of possible modernisation of Russian society rests on the consideration of the current situation in the field of economics, management, and science. On the basis of a secondary analysis of statistical data and the works of Russian and international sociologists, this article describes ...
Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
... Ardislamov, F. R. 2019, Geopark “Toratau”: geological heritage as an object of ecological tourism. In: Ardislamov, F. R., Lukashina, N. A., Tretyakova, E. A. (eds.) Trudy Kolskogo Nauchnogo Zentra RAN [Proceedings of the Kola Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], vol. 10. no. 6—1, p. 25—32. doi: 10.25702/KSC.2307-5252.2019.6.003 (In Russ.).
14. Soboleva, N. P. 2006, Comprehensive assessment of natural and socio-economic conditions of the Altai Republic for the purposes of geotourism,...
The rhetoric and logic of the representations of the Russian-Turkish War of 1877–1878 in Russian public discourse
The Balkan crisis of 1875—1876 and the ensuing Russo-Turkish war of 1877—1878 were the first major foreign policy challenges for the Russian Empire in the entirely new public sphere situation. The military reform of 1784, which replaced recruitment with conscription, translated in the involvement of the general public in the current events. The new public sphere, which had been developing ...
Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives
Russia has a vested political interest in the Eastern Baltics; yet acting upon this interest is made either difficult or altogether impossible when it comes to the Baltic States. For 20 years, the Russian Federation has been actively promoting a model of mutually beneficial co-operation. The anti-Russian discourse of the Baltic States' political elites — driven by their own wish to maintain their political monopoly — halts most of co-operation ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
....pdf?MOD=AJPERES (accessed 23.12.2013).
2. Ukaz Prezidenta Rossijskoj Federacii ot 4 ijunja 2008 g. № 889 «O nekotoryh merah po povysheniju jenergeticheskoj i jekologicheskoj jeffektivnosti rossijskoj jekonomiki» [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated June 4, 2008 № 889 «On measures to improve energy and environmental efficiency of the Russian
economy»], 2008, Reference and consultation system «Consultant Plus».
3. Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
This article analyzes the principles of spatial planning, which form the basis for this type of urban development in the countries of the European Union (EU) and in the Russian Federation. The following principles are considered and compared for both territories: 1) promotion of territorial cohesion through a more balanced social and economic development of regions and improved competitiveness; 2) encouragement of development ...
Societal security in the Baltic Sea Region: the Russian perspective
This study discusses whether the concept of societal security is embedded in the Russian formal and informal discourses as well as in the Russian strategic documents on national security and the Baltic Sea region. Particularly, the paper describes four paradigms of international relations (neorealism, neoliberalism, globalism and ...
The liberal concept of freedom in the conservative teachings of K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov
This article considers the reception of the liberal concept of freedom in Russian conservatism as exemplified by K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov. Reasoning in the framework of Russian philosophical organicism, each philosopher insists on his own approach to analysing social phenomena. It is shown that Leontyev, in line with naturalistic ...
Rhythm and Metaphor in the Art of the Icon
... role of a cognitive scheme steering artists’ creative ideas. Creating visual metaphors required the development of rhythmic symmetry, based on linear repetitions and figurative semblances of elements. This principle of iconography is clearly seen in Russian icon painting.
1. Averintsev, S. S., 2002. The order of the cosmos and the order of history. In: D. K. Burlaka and S. S. Neretina, eds. Avgustin: Pro et contra: Lichnost' i ideinoe nasledie Blazhennogo Avgustina v otsenke russkikh myslitelei ...
The new locations of rare vascular plant species in the conservation areas of the “Vepsian forest” nature park and their immediate vicinity (the Tikhvin district of the Leningrad region)
... "Aschozersky", Urya-Kanzhaya", and "Carboniferous Outliers" conservation areas of the "Vepsian Forest" nature park and their immediate vicinity. Isoëtes echinospora and Lobelia dortmanna appear in the Red List of the Russian Federation. These species, as well as Viola selkirkii are included in the Red List of the Leningrad Region. Poa remota, Hammarbya paludosa, Caltha radicans, Polemonium caeruleum are new to the Tikhvin District.
и обследование ...
The concept “people” in the Cadet Party rhetoric
The State Duma, 1916. Gosudarstvennaya duma. Sozyv IV. Sessiya V. Stenograficheskie otchety. [The State Duma. Convocation IV. Session V. Shorthand reports]. Vol. 1. Petrograd (in Russ.).
Izgoev, A., 1911. Political life of Russia. Russkaya mysl’ [Russian thought], 4 (3), pp. 2—6 (in Russ.).
Shelokhaev, V. V., ed., 2001. Liberal’noe dvizhenie v Rossii. 1902—1905 gg. [The liberal movement in Russia. 1902—1905]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Maklakov, V. A., 1936. Vlast’ i obshchestvennost’ na ...
Management of Trans-boundary Water Resources: Comparing Russian and American Experiences
... mezhdu Pravitel'stvom Rossijskoj Federacii i Pravitel'stvom Jestonskoj Respubliki o sotrudnichestve v oblasti ohrany i racional'nogo ispol'zovanija transgranichnyh vod. Soversheno v Moskve 20 avgusta 1997 g. [Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Estonia on cooperation in the conservation and management of transboundary waters. Done in Moscow on August 20, 1997], available at: http://voda.mnr.gov.ru/part/?act=more&id=459&pid=961 (accessed ...
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... thus globalization is an irreversible process. On the other hand, globalization attaches international significance to historical events that were earlier considered as being of local importance. The author proves the latter statement through comparing Russian and Estonian discourses on the relationship between the events which took place in Tallinn in September 1944 and April 2007. Highlighting the differences between the two discourses may help Russian scholars understand the reasons behind the political ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2019, The coastal microdistricts of the Baltic region: the spatial aspects of development, Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region], no. 15 (1), p. 137—150. doi 10.17059/2019-1-11 (In Russ.)
5. Druzhinin, A. G. 2020, The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence. Balt. Reg. 2020. vol. 12, no. 3, p. 89—104. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2020-3-6.
6. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski, M. 2018, Baltic Cooperation in Marine Spatial Planning, Balt. Reg....
The image of a ‘good Frenchman’ in Russian press between the Napoleonic and Crimean Wars
... society. The author identifies the reasons for this phenomenon. The image of a ‘good Frenchman’ reveals the attitude of Russian press towards acute political and social issues of the time.
1. Бальзак О. де. Избранное / пер.... ... годов : дис. ... канд. ист. наук. Томск, 2013.
Startsev I. M.
Nicolay I, Russia, France, the ‘other’, Conservatism
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
. (accessed 27.01.2017). (in Russ.)
15. Belarus and Russia plan to create a 500-kilometer-long tourist route "to the reserved places Lakeland." The official website of the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the Russian Federation, available at:
(accessed 24.01.2017). (in Russ.)
16. The water route "Trade route Navinskogo merchant", available at:
The Emergence in the First Quarter of the XIX-th Century of the Russian Conservative Nationalism
... примечаниями и объяснениями. М., 1866. Ч. 2.
С. Шишков, его союзники и противники // Русский вестник. 1870. Т. 90. №
11—12, паг. 1.
Minakov A. Ju.
conservatism, nationalism, history of Russia in the first quarter of the XIX cent., «Russian Party», gallomania, N. Karamzin, A. Shishkov, F. Rostopchin,
The pro-monarch attitudes of the Russian thought in the country and abroad in the 20th century
... Бернгардович Струве // Струве П.
: Россия, родина, чужбина. СПб., 2000.
Белогвардейские стихи. Таруса, 1990.
Shulgin V. N.
free conservatism, orthodox monarchism, Russian conservative tradition.
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
... performance measurement. The author explains the benefits of applying a non-parametric “Data Envelopment Analysis” that is based on comparison of input and output indicators, to performance measurement of cultural organizations. Using statistical data on Russian federal theatres, the author empirically tests their performance that relates to such aspects as organization’s reputation, artistic excellence, maximization of access to cultural assets, etc. Based on statistics of the Russian Ministry of Culture ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Power Upon History, 1660−1783.
11. Mackinder, H. J. 1904, The geographical pivot of history, The Geographical Journal, no. 23, p. 421—37.
12. Savitskiy, P. N. 1997, Kontinent-Okean (Rossiya i mirovoy rynok). Kontinent-Evraziya [Continent-Ocean (Russian and world market). Eurasia Continent], Moscow, p. 398—418.
13. Cowen, D. 2009,Neil Smith after Geopolitics? From the Geopolitical Social to Geoeconomics, Antipode, Vol. 41, no. 1, p. 22—48.
14. Pokshishevskiy, V. V. 1975, Theoretical aspects ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
.... (In Russ.)
13. Klemeshev, A. P., Fedorov G. M. 2004, Ot izolirovannogo eksklava — k «koridoru razvitiya». Al'ternativy rossiiskogoeksklava na Baltike [From an isolated exclave — to the "corridor of development". Alternatives to the Russian oil in the Baltic], Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
14. Lavrov, S. B., Salnikov, S. S. 1975, Industrial "shift to the sea" and the formation of industrial-port complexes. In: Shvede, E. E. Geografiya okeanov [Geography of the oceans], collection ...
Factors of Legal Classifier Construction and Improvement Methods
The article defines and compares four groups of factors influencing the construction and development of the united legal classifier in the Republic of Belarus and the classifier of legal acts in the Russian Federation: legal systems and all its structures, legislative system and all its structures, the system of public administration; electronic system of legal information collecting, processing, storage, systematisation and dissemination. The author ...
Estonian Political Parties in the mid-2010s
... Institutionalization in the Baltic States, Russia, and Ukraine, London, 262 p.
3. Toomla, R. 1999, Eesti Erakonnad, Tallinn, 351 lk.
4. Toomla, R. 2011, Eesti Erakonnad 2000—2010, Tartu, 250 lk.
5. Lanko, D. А. 2013, The regional approach in the policy of the Russian Federation towards the Republic of Estonia, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p. 37—45. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-3-4.
6. Goncharov, V. E. 2010, Ideologicheskij brending «Edinoj Rossii» [The ideological branding "United Russia"], Politicheskaja ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
15. Sovmestnaja rabota jenergosistem Rossii i stran Baltii v sinhronnom rezhime [Teamwork power systems of Russia and the Baltic countries in the synchronous mode], 2013,Ministerstvo jenergetiki Rossijskoj Federacii [Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, available at: http://minenergo.gov.ru/co-operation/russia_
eu/russia_baltia/ (accessed 30.11.2013).
16. Mezhevich, N. M. 2013, The prospects of nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor ...
Communication of Covid-19 consequences in the Baltic States inforsphere
... article seeks to describe the dynamics of Covid-19 in the Baltic States and to analyse the ways of communicating the threat and its consequences. Particular attention is paid to the media strategies pursued in the study area. The research is based on Russian and English texts from the Baltic media, WHO official documents and datasets, as well as initiatives of the Baltic Sea region organisations (2020) counteracting Covid-19. A combination of these sources builds up an objective view of the situation ...
Knowing humanity without knowing the human being: The structure of polemic in Kant’s political argumentation
... i metafory v argumentacii [World Models and Metaphors in Argumentation], in: Vestnik RGU im. I. Kanta [Herald of the I. Kant Russian State University]. 2005. No. 3. S. 27—34.
19. Sologubov, А. М. 2004, Model' mira i poslednie osnovanija argumentacii ... ... 2014. No. 4 (134). S. 155—163.
22. Chaly, V. А. 2014, Kant mezhdu liberalizmom i konservatizmom [Kant Between Liberalism and Conservatism], in: Kantovskij sbornik [Kant’s Compendium]. 2014. No. 4 (50).S. 54—60.
23. Albus, V. 2001, Weltbild und Metapher....
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... in post-communist countries of Central and Eastern Europe: reasons for the growth of electoral support. Vestnik MGIMO-Universiteta [Bulletin of MGIMO-University], 3, pp. 145—149.
5. Baranov, N. A., 2015. Revival of populism: European experience and Russian practices. Vestnik SPbGU [Bulletin of SPSU], 3, pp. 25—36.
6. Berger, P., Lukman, T., 1995. Sotsial'noe konstruirovanie real'nosti. Traktat po sotsiologii znaniya [Social construction of reality. A treatise on the sociology of knowledge]. Moscow....
Herzen and conservatives: attraction and repulsion
This article considers the common and the unique in the views and beliefs of A. I. Herzen (1812—1870) and Christian — both Russian and Western — conservatives. The author emphasizes that the attraction and repulsion between the freedom-loving supporter ... ... Exiles. L., 1933.
15. Emerson R. W. The Selected Writings / ed. вy B. Atkinson. N. Y., 1992.
Shulgin V. N.
Christianity, free conservatism, imitation, liberalism, radicalism.
The ideal of state and social culture according to Rus¬sian conservatives of the first quarter of the 19th century
... народного просвещения. СПб., 1821. Ч. 1, №
главнейших деятелей в царствование императора Александра
1807—1829 год). СПб., 1883.
Russian conservatism, state and social structure, hierarchy, autocracy, national upbringing.
Parish schools in the system of public primary education
This article analyses the activity of parish schools in Russia in the second half of the 19th-the beginning of the 20th centuries as mass public primary schools. The author emphasises the biased attitude to parish schools in Soviet and contemporary Russian historiography as to a conservative and reactionary structure. The article considers the interaction and competition between parish and zemstvo schools in the organisation of public primary education and focuses on the fruitful period of effective ...