A ‘divided history’: the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia in the light of current discussions
... effective for the identification of the main features of the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia.
1. Assmann, А. 2014, Dlinnaja ten' proshlogo: Memorial'naja kul'tura i istoricheskaja politika [The Long Shadow of the Past: The memorial culture and historical policy], Moscow.
2. Assmann, Ya. 2004, Kul'turnaja pamjat': Pis'mo, pamjat' o proshlom i politicheskaja identichnost' v vysokih kul'turah drevnosti [Cultural memory: Letter, the memory of the past and political identity in the high cultures ...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... generations], Moscow, p. 123—130.
14. Miller, А. I. 2008, Istoricheskaja politika i ee osobennosti v Pol'she, Ukraine i Rossii [Historical policy and its peculiarities in Poland, Ukraine and Russia], Otechestvennye zapiski [Notes of the Fatherland], no. ... ... ru/archive/14325 (accessed 26.02.2015).
18. Safronovas, V. 2009, O tendencijah politiki vospominanija v sovremennoj Litve [About memories policy trends in contemporary Lithuania], Ab Imperio: Studies of New Imperial History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet ...
Verb collocations of the semantic field «Memory» with the component ‘Vergangenheit’ in the German media
18. Geyken A. The DWDS corpus: A reference corpus for the German language of the 20th century // Collocations and Idioms: Linguistic, lexicographic, and computational aspects. L., 2007. S. 23—41.
19. Lowenthal D. In praise of forgetting: Historical memory and its ironies // History Today. 2017. Vol. 67 (3).
20. McQuaid S. D. Parading Memory and Re-member-ing Conflict: Collective Memory in Transition in Northern Ireland // International Journal of Politics, Culture and Society. 2017. Vol....
Political reconsideration of the Soviet past: attitudes and actions of the Lithuanian elites
... Societies, no. 23, p. 535—551.
16. Walzer, M. 1994, Thick and thin: Moral argument at home and abroad, Notre Dame, University of Notre Dame Press.
17. Winter, J. 2000, The generation of memory: Reflections on the “memory boom” in contemporary historical studies, Bulletin of the German Historical Institute, no. 27, p. 69—92.
18. Žalimas, D. 2006, SSRS okupacijos žalos atlyginimo įstatymas ir Rusijos Federacijos atsakomybės tarptautiniai teisiniai pagrindai, Politologija, Vol. 4, no....
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... article contributes to the discussion within the "Towards the Common Past" international academic network bringing together scholars from Russia, the Baltic States and the Nordic countries. It assesses the relationship between globalization and historical memory, thus contributing to the discussion on globalization and the roles and applications of history. On the basis of an analysis of academic discourses on globalization and historical memory, the author arrives at two conclusions. On the ...
Regional politics of memory in Poland’s Warmia and Masuria
... regionalism. An effective alternative to nationalistic populism, open regionalism provides a favourable background for international cross-border cooperation.
Kostyashov Yu. V., Sergeev V. V.
politics of memory, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland, historical and cultural heritage, open regionalism
Tourist excursions and the formation of historical memory of Kaliningraders in 1964—1975
Studying archival documents, the author analyses the contribution of tourist agencies to the formation of the historical memory of Kaliningraders in 1964—1975. The article describes certain pages of local history, which were included in thematic excursions for residents and guests of the region. In their excursions, tourist guides of that period paid a particular ...
On the formation of historical memory in the Kaliningrad region (1945-1960)
The paper analyzes the development of historical memory in the early Kaliningrad region and the activities of regional administration aimed at identifying and registering monuments of history and culture. The author stresses the contradictions in cultural heritage policies pursued by the ...
The identity and collective memory of Kaliningraders in recent Polish studies
... poświęcone przekładom i nie tylko. 2015. № 30. S. 152—165.
5. Lewandowska I. Warmia and Masuria — Kaliningrad oblast — Klaipėda region. Three instead of one (East Prussia) // Region and Regionalism. Łódź ; Opole, 2009. № 9, vol. 1 : Historical regions divided by the borders. General problems and regional issue. P. 241—248.
6. Romanowska E. Das Kaliningrader Gebiet aus der Perspektive Polens. Vergangenheit, Gegenwart und Zukunft // Kaliningrad in Europa. Nachbarschaftliche Perspektiven ...
Some methodological problems of military and historical anthropology
... Ленинграде в 1941—1942 гг. СПб., 2011.
11. Brown N. Life against death. L., 1959.
12. Kennedy R. Psychoanalysis, History, and Subjectivity. Now of the past. Hove, 2002.
13. Kirschenbaum L. The legacy of the siege of Leningrad, 1941—95: Myth, memories,and monuments. Cambridge, 2006.
military anthropology, historical psychology, historical memory, psychohistory
The third TRIALOGUE “Between the Oder and Neman: the problems of historical memory” international conference
V. I. Galtsov
Krivosheev Y., Sokolov R. Alexander Nevski. Epoch and Memory: Historical Sketches
"The Victory over Fascism in the historical memory of the residents of the Kaliningrad, Warmian-Masurian and Klaipeda re¬gions" international research workshop
Yu. V. Kostyashov
«Grunvald 1410 – the Historical Memory 2010» International Reseach Workship
An escape from the embrace of politics. A study into the cultures of remembrance as a means to encourage a historical dialogue in Lithuanian-Russian relations
... past peculiar to certain social groups in both Lithuania and Russia may be considered as a basis for further development of the historical dialogue. It is assumed that such research may contribute to the improvement in the field of politics of history.
... ... January 2012).
2. Safronovas, V. 2009, O tendencijah politiki vospominanija v sovremennoj Litve [On the trends in modern politics memories Lithuania], Ab Imperio: Studies of New Imperial History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet Space, no 3, p. 424—458....
A testimony of the First World War: Käthe Kollwitz’s cycle War (1922—1923)
... cycle War (Krieg) by the German painter Käthe Kollwitz as a testimony of the First World War. The author argues that the testimony of the painter has been underestimated. Current gender studies make it possible to interpret K. Kollwitz’s works as a historical source for reconstructing the memory of the war.
1. Bohnke-Kollwitz J. Käthe Kollwitz. Die Tagebücher 1908—1943. München, 2007.
2. Comini A. Gender or Genius? The Women Artists of German Expressionism // Feminism and Art History. Questioning ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... the development of integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships in 1946—2016. The authors set out to identify the main results of Russian-Polish cross-border cooperation in the context of the changing historical and political paradigms in the Baltic region. The authors conduct a brief historical analysis of this sphere of international relations. The genesis of integration at the regional level is explored by identifying the major areas and tools for ...
Regional history at the Kaliningrad Museum of History and Art (1946–1991)
Relying on previously unexamined archival documents and regional press materials, I consider the creation and later transformations of the historical exposition at the Kaliningrad Regional Museum of History and Art. Analysis of exhibition boards dedicated to the past of the region reveals the political and ideological context in which local museums developed. Moreover, it renders it ...
Do Historians Need Categories of State Cordiality and Incurable Wounds?
Historical examples reveal the peculiarities of bilateral intergovernmental relations. There are two non-convertible variants, based on the positive contribution of the actual international agent into the formation of a new state — the prospective added ...
Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives
... long-term application. The aim of this study is to draw some conclusions on the 25 years of interg overnmental relations between Russia and the Baltic States. The author uses a number of cross-disciplinary methods and relies heavily on the method of historical analysis. It is concluded that there are reasons rendering mutual co-operation impossible — however beneficial such co-operation may seem. Conservation of the current political system will inevitably lead to economic stagnation in the Baltic ...
Königsberg Cathedral and Kant’s tomb in Soviet Kaliningrad
... describes the conservation, maintenance, and restoration of both objects. The history of the Cathedral and Kant's grave is examined in the context of politics of memory pursued by the regional authorities. Changes in the attitudes towards the German historical and cultural heritage of former East Prussia are traced. The supplement contains 16 documents from the State Archive of the Kaliningrad region, 14 of which are published for the first time.
1. Klemesheva, M. A. 2000, O sud'be Korolevskogo ...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... conditions], Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference, Voronezh.
5. Emelyanova, L. L., 2012, Sootechestvenniki v Kaliningradskoj oblasti: ih istoricheskaja pamjat' i novaja rodina [Compatriots in the Kaliningrad region: their historical memory and the new homeland]. In: Kostyashov, Yu., Kurylo, O. 2012, Mezhdu Oderom i Nemanom: problemy istoricheskoj pamjati [Between the Oder and the Niemen: problems of historical memory], Kaliningrad.
6. Emelyanova, L. L., Kretinin, G. ...
The transfer of the ownership of the objects of cultural heritage of the Kaliningrad region to the Russian Orthodox Church: the social and cultural aspects of the conflict
... region in the local residents. The author shows that a special regional identity, which developed in the interaction with the unique cultural environment, requires a public discussion as decisions concerning the transfer of the ownership of cultural and historical objects to a religious organisation are made.
Karpenko A. M.
regional identity, Kaliningrad, collective memory, civil society, church-government relations.
Kiseleva L. Estonian-Russian cultural space Foreword
... European Small Countries (Case of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania); — in Russian] // Polis (Russian Federation). — 2019. — No. 5. — P. 181—191.
2. Lanko, D. A. Istoricheskaya pamyat’ v epokhu globalizatsii: primer rossiysko-estonskih otnosheniy [Historical Memory in the Age of Globalization: The Case of Russian-Estonian Relations; — in Russian] // Baltic Region. — 2011. — No. 4(10). — P. 6—17.
3. Protasova, E. Yu. Estoniya mezhdu sosedyami: nablyudeniya ob obshchenii [Estonia among ...
‘The Word, an Ulcer…’: Aleksey Chicherin’s semiotic utopia
... of a constructivist poet’s artistic intentions. Against the background of the total logocentrism of the early 20th-century historical and cultural paradigm, Chicherin’s semiotic position looks like the proclamation of radical ‘anti-logocentrism’ ... .... Zimenkov, eds. Russkii futurizm: Teoriya. Praktika. Kritika. Vospominaniya [Russian futurism: Theory. Practice. Criticism. Memories]. Moscow, pp. 56—58 (in Russ.).
Veselova, N. A., 2001. Verbal in visual poetry. In: Vnutrennie i vneshnie granitsy ...
Crimea in the legacy of B. D. Grekov, fellow of the Academy of Sciences
... AN SSSR [Bulletin of the USSR Academy of Sciences], 8.
8. Dubrovskii, A. M., 2005. Istorik i vlast': istoricheskaya nauka v SSSR i kontseptsiya istorii feodal'noi Rossii v kontekste politiki i ideologii (1930—1950-e gg.) [The historian and power: historical science in the USSR and the concept of the history of feudal Russia in the context of politics and ideology (1930—1950s)]. Bryansk.
9. Pashuto, V. T., ed., 1982. Issledovaniya po istorii i istoriografii feodalizma. K 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya ...
Methodological Potential of the Concept «Military Culture of Society» in Historical and Political Studies
... СПб., 1909.
Грехи старой России и ее армии // Философия войны. М., 1995.
military culture of society, history, politics, army, traditions, methodology,
Kant in Nikolai Strakhov’s philosophical research (An experience of epistemological orientation)
This article considers the major references to Kant’s works in the texts of an authoritative Russian thinker Nikolai Strakhov (1828—1896), whose legacy has been revised in recent historical and philosophical studies. The author of the article analyses the materials of Strakhov’s works ‘The key feature of thinking’, ‘On time’, ‘On objectives of history of philosophy’, ‘On key concepts of psychology’, his many ...
«Which Side are You on, Boy?» Roman Jakobson in the Interwar Pragu
... "Unreliable, but absolutely indispensable": the 200th anniversary of the Academy of Sciences and the "Masaryk-Jakobson case". In: V. Alloi and T. Pritykina, eds. In Memoriam: Istoricheskii sbornik pamyati A. I. Dobkina [In Memoriam: Historical collection by memory of A. I. Dobkin]. St. Petersburg, Paris.
3. Shubin, A. V. Antonov-Ovseenko V. A. Available at:
1689 [Accessed 18 August 2015].
4. Klimek, A., Hofman, P., 1995. Vítěz, který prohrál: Radola ...
The renaming campaign in Warmia and Masuria after World War II
Using documents, the press, and studies of Polish scholars, this article analyses the problem of changing German toponyms during the remaining campaign in Warmia and Masuria in the early postwar years. The historical background, conditions, and principles of renaming settlements, natural objects, streets, and squares are identified and the practical problems of the renaming campaign are analysed. It is concluded that these processes were quite dissimilar ...
‘Back to Kant’ or ‘Back to Leibnitz’? A critical view from the history of Russian metaphysical personalism
... Russkoe neokantianstvo: «Marburg» v Rossii. Istoriko-filosofskie ocherki [Russian Neokantianism: “Marburg” In Russia. Historical and philosophical essays]. Moscow, 512 p.
14. Zenkovskiy V. V. 2001. Istoriya russkoy filosofii [History of Russian ... ... [Problems of philosophy and psychology], no. V (115), p. 435—471.
21. Losskiy N. O. 2008. Vospominaniya. Zhizn i filosofskiy put [Memories. Life and philosophical way] Moscow, 400 p.
22. Losskiy N. O. 1995. Chuvstvennaya, intellektualnaya i misticheskaya intuitsiya ...
The lichens of state protected country estate parks in the Pskov region
This article presents the first attempt to study lichens in 6 state protected parks in memorial country estates of the Pskov region. The authors distinguished 111 lichen species, among which 7 were proved to be rare ... ... Russia, 16—21. 2007. Romarov Botanical Institute. St.-Petersburg, 2007. P. 123—124.
The lichens of historical parks in the environs of St. Petersburg //
. 79, №
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
This paper considers the cultural, political, and historical problems of the development of European identity in the discourse of Europe. The author addresses the question as to whether European identity is a category of political discourse or a real instrument of European integration and comes to a ...
A synthesis of genres in Andrey Bolotov’s memoirs
... from across various genres with which he was well acquainted. Those were the novel, the epistolary genre, the travelogue, the historical essay, etc. In the broad context of Bolotov’s works, the article shows that all those elements were not combined ... ... BAN F. 69. № 18b (in Russ.).
Bolotov, A. T., 1761. Pamyatnaya knizhka ili sobranie razlichnykh nravouchitel'nykh pravil [A memorial book or collection of various moral guidelines]. NIOR BAN F. 69. № 22 (in Russ.).
Bolotov, A. T., 1875. Pamyatnik pretekshikh ...
The rhetoric and logic of the representations of the Russian-Turkish War of 1877–1878 in Russian public discourse
... V. V. Vereshchagin]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Guzikova, M. V., 2004. «Total'naya mobilizatsiya» Ernsta Yungera kak proekt modernosti: istoricheskaya rekonstruktsiya i interpretatsiya [“Total Mobilization” by Ernst Jünger as a project of modernity: historical reconstruction and interpretation]. Ph. D. Ekaterinburg (in Russ.).
Dmitriev, A. P., Fedorov, D. A., 2016. Krymskaya voina v istorii Rossii i v zhizni slavyanofil'skogo semeistva: Perepiska Very Aksakovoi i Marii Kartashevskoi (1853—1856) ...