The notion of anthropology in Kant's philosophy
This article analyses different definitions, types and tasks of Kant's anthropology: Is "moral" or "practical" anthropology identical to "pragmatic" anthropology? Does anthropology aim to answer the question about the vocation of a human being? To what extent is metaphilosophy present in the ...
«The Life and Opinions of Tomcat Murr…» in light of worldly and metaphysical views of Ernst Theodor Wilhelm Hoffmann. Part II
The paper attempts to demostrate that E. T. A. Hoffmann’s novel «The Life and Opinions of Tomcat Murr…» has build in accordance with the classification of anthropological types in Kant’s work «Die Religion innerhalb der Grenzen der bloßen Vernunft».
1. Гофман Э. Т. А. Житейские воззрения кота Мурра… // Гофман Э. Т. А. Крейслериана. Житейские воззрения ...
“The Life and Opinions of Tomcat Murr…” in the light of worldly and metaphysical views of Ernst Theodor Wilhelm Hoffmann. Part III
This article sets out to demonstrate that E. T. A. Hoffmann’s novel “The Life and Opinions of Tomcat Murr…” is cvonstructed in accordance with the classification of anthropological types given n Kant’s work “Die Religion innerhalb der Grenzen der bloßen Vernunft”.
1. Гофман Э. Т. А. Житейские воззрения кота Мура…// Гофман Э. Т. А. Крейсле- риана. Житейские ...
«The Life and Opinions of Tomcat Murr…» in light of worldly and metaphysical views of Ernst Theodor Wilhelm Hoffmann. Part I
The paper attempts to demostrate that E. T. A. Hoffmann’s novel «The Life and opinions of Tomcat Murr…» has build in accordance with the classification of anthropological types in Kant’s work «Die Religion innerhalb der Grenzen der bloßen Vernunft».
1. Гёте И. В. Годы учения Вильгельма Мейстера. Кн. 6 // И. В. Гёте. Собр. соч. : в 10 т. Т. 7. М., 1978.
2. Гофман ...
Linguistic Means Expressing Argumentation in Judicial Discourse late 19th: The Prosecutor’s Speech in Dostoevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov
... the distinctive characteristics of speeches delivered to present arguments in court stem from the institutional nature of this type of discourse and the use of specific linguistic means. When employing pragmatic and logical and rhetorical linguistic means,... ... logika: Trudy mezhdunarodnogo seminara «Antropologija s sovremennoj tochki zrenija» i VIII Kantovskih chtenij [Transcendental Anthropology and Logic: Proceedings of the International Seminar "Anthropology from a Modern Perspective" and the VIII ...
Energy and the Ways of its Conceptualisation in Cognition: an Attempt at an Epistemological Analysis
... comparative studies — aimed to analyse the ways of, and principles behind, the reality studied within discourses of various types.
1. Aristotel', 1999. Metafizika [Metaphysics]. Rostov-on-Don.
2. Bibikhin, V. V., 2005. Energy. Tochki — Puncta [Points ... ... [After the break. The ways of russian philosophy]. St. Petersburg.
45. Khoruzhii, S. S., 1995. Analytical dictionary of hesychast anthropology. In: S. S. Khoruzhii, ed. Sinergiya. Problemy asketiki i mistiki Pravoslaviya [Synergy. Problems of asceticism and ...
Types of Representational Content in Kant
... representational content that can be attributed to Kant’s account of representation. The more specific aim is to examine which of these types of content can be regarded as possible without the application of concepts. In order to answer the question, I proceed as ... ... 1755–1770. Translated and edited by D. Walford and R. Meerbote. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 85-105.
Kant, I., 2009. Anthropology from a Pragmatic Point of View. Translated by R. B. Louden. In: G. Zöller and R. B. Louden, eds. 2009. Anthropology,...
‘The Radical Black Colour’. On the Semantics of the Black Colour in Anarchist Discourse
... 2010. The color symbolism of power in Russian culture. In: Trudy russkoi antropologicheskoi shkoly [Proceedings of the Russian Anthropological School], 10 (7), p. 66—84.
15. Stepanov, Yu. S., 2004. Konstanty: Slovar' russkoi kul'tury [Constants: Dictionary ... ... russkikh natsional'nykh tsvetakh i tipe gosudarstvennogo znameni Rossii [To the question of Russian national colors and the type of state banner of Russia]. Moscow.
19. Fuko, M., 1999. Nadzirat' i nakazyvat': Rozhdenie tyur'my [Supervise and punish: ...
How transcendental are Kant’s principles of public law?
... establishing legitimacy, and whether they can be characterized as ‘transcendental’. Kant’s discourse on publicity — a result of strenuous efforts presented in a number of writings and lectures — takes the reader to the area of empirical practices and anthropological observations capable of distorting the required purity of the form when taken together. In effect, they turn out to be either motives for searching for transcendental principles or example s targeted at a certain type of readers and political agents. Identifying the role of publicity principles in Kant’s system of law and their strict positioning is also a complicated problem raising new questions as to their acceptable and preferable application. The principles ...
Сoastal exclaves among enclosed territories of the world
The article studies coastal exclaves as a special type of enclave territories of the world. They are understood as territories separated from the territory of the mother country ... ... historical and documentary study of the Cooch Behar enclaves of India and Bangladesh : PhD thesis // Research Paper. № 8. School of Anthropology, Geography and Environmental Studies. Melbourne, 2002.
8. Whyte B. Bordering on the Ridiculous? A Comparison of the ...
The ordinary person in the fictional world of Alexander Galich
... of a small person in Galich’s poetry. The place of the ordinary person in Galich’s creative ‘characterology’ is identified. The groundwork for a classification of the ordinary person types is laid and key motifs of plots introducing the types are described. The Soviet small person is considered in the structural context of Galich’s fictional world in view of his ontology, anthropology, and creative philosophy.
1. Бахтин М. М. Работы 1920-х годов. Киев, 1994.
2. Бахтин М. М. Слово в романе // Бахтин М. М. Вопросы литературы и эстетики: Исследования ...
The humility of holy fools in Orthodox Christianity: On the problem of understanding (The Vita of Simeon the Holy Fool and The Vita of Andrew the Holy Fool)
... emphasises the idea of humility as the dominant type of behaviour and the main personal characteristic thus objecting to S.A.Ivanov’s concept of aggression as the key typological feature of holy fools. The article also analyses images of saint in the anthropological and axiological aspects, which makes it possible to explain the motivation of the “paradoxical” behaviour of holy fools and prove that the corresponding type of holiness relates to the ideas of boldness and humility as the ultimate form of self-denial.
Византийские легенды / отв. ред. Д. С. Лихачев. Л., 1972.
2. Живов В. М. Святость : краткий ...
Revisiting the Maxim-Law Dynamic in the Light of Kant’s Theory of Action
... are effective in human agents (i. e. their reality). Such a classification yields us three exhaustive and mutually exclusive types namely, “maxims that are not potential laws”, “maxims that are potential laws” and “laws that are not maxims”.... ... the Power of Judgement. Translated & edited by P. Guyer. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Kant, I., 2012. Lectures on Anthropology. Translated & edited by A. W. Wood & R. B. Louden. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
McCarty, R., 2009. Kant’s ...
The Image of Contemporary Russia n Language and Culture: the Thematic Issue of «Russian Review»
The article is an overview of the thematic issue of the Polish research journal "Russian Review" dedicated to the image of modern Russia in political, media, poetic, marketing and didactic types of discourse. Both national and international research works are taken into consideration. Nowadays researchers become increasingly interested in the category of image. A noticeably stronger position of anthropological, communicative and pragmalinguistic approaches to the analysis of linguistic phenomena and discursive practices has led to an intensive study of the image of state, as well as head of state in various spheres of communication. The image ...
On the problem of cultural reference of proverbs (the Russian proverbs with images of clothing)
... antropologii [Culture and communication. The logic of the relationship of symbols: to the use of structural analysis in social anthropology]. Moscow.
23. Lotman, Yu. M., 1994. Besedy o russkoi kul'ture. Byt i traditsii russkogo dvoryanstva (XVIII — nachalo ... ..., 2010. Bol'shoi slovar' russkikh poslovits [The large dictionary of Russian proverbs.]. Moscow.
28. Nikolaeva, T. M., 2013. Types of Indo-European sentence according to Yu. S. Stepanov and the grammar of the Russian paremia. In: V. Z. Dem’yankov, N....
Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... context and the context of communication are taken into account. Another focus is on how this perception is affected by the type of community members’ cultural attitudes (according to Mary Douglas’s grid/group model). The space of categorical variables ... ..., Methods and Research Strategies, London, Palgrave Macmillan, p. 233—263.
13. Boholm, A. 1996, Risk perception and Social Anthropology: Critique of Cultural Theory, Ethos, vol. 61, no. 1—2, p. 65—84. doi:
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... the construction of the postsocialist nations], Zhurnal sociologii i social'noj antropologii [Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology], no. 4, p. 106—123.
4. Bogaturov, A. D. 2002, «Strategija peremalyvanija» vo vneshnej politike SShA ["The ... ... Second World War in Europe on 8 May 1945, 2005, European Parliament, available at: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=TA&reference=P6-TA-2005-0180&language=EN&ring=B6-2005-0290 (accessed 26.02.2015).
25. Hearing on Totalitarian Regimes, 2013,...