Library collections and publishing according to Pliny the Younger
In Rome, libraries played the role of cultural centres and were closely linked with publishing. The latter was a subject of correspondence between Pliny the Younger and Suetonius. The way to the birth of a book is complicated: writing, recitation, reference-review,...
Kant als Mystiker? Zur These von Carl Arnold Wilmans’ dissertatio philosophica
Carl Arnold Wilmans received his degree of doctor in philosophy in Halle in 1797 for a bold thesis. He claimed a latent similarity between Kant’s enlightened philosophy of religion and the pure mysticism of some so-called separatists — and sent his work to Kant. The fact that and how the latter reacted to it, makes the matter all the more interesting. Could Kant have been a secret mystic? The following study attempts to give a differentiated presentation of Kant’s intellectual relationship with...
Between mysticism and technique: anagram the European Baroque culture
.... Puttenham G. The Art of English poesy. A critical edition / ed. F. Whigham, W. A. Rebhorn. Ithaca ; L., 2007.
26. Richelet P. Nouveau dictionnaire français. Amsterdam, 1709. T. 1.
27. Rudt de Collenberg W. H. Le baptême des musulmans esclaves à Rome aux XVIIe et XVIIIe siècles. I. Le XVIIe siècle // Mélanges de l’Ecole française de Rome. Italie et Méditerranée. 1989. T. 101, № 1. Р. 9—181.
28. Smith N. The uses of Hebrew in the English revolution // Language, Self, and Society. ...
‘A power of shuffled letters’: anagrams in the European culture of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
... mondo dell’anagramma raccolti e organizzati da Pippo (2014). URL:
(дата обращения: 01.07.2015).
25. Rudt de Collenberg W. H. Le baptême des musulmans esclaves à Rome aux XVIIe et XVIIIe siècles. I. Le XVIIe siècle // Mélanges de l’Ecole française de Rome. Italie et Méditerranée. 1989. T. 101, № 1. Р. 9—181.
26. Testenoire P.-Y. Sur une philologie anagrammatique: rencontre d’un linguiste (Saussure) ...
Land Use Change and Economics of Land Degradation in the Baltic Region
... and its ratification by Latvia.
9. Karklins, A. 2000, Soil degradation status and data availability in Latvia. In: Batjes N and Bridges E, Implementation of a Soil Degradation and Vulnerability database for Central and Eastern Europe, FAO and ISRIC, Rome, Italy.
10. Dedkov, V., Nikitina, S. 2015, Nature Management Conflicts in the Kaliningrad Region, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 6, no. 6, p. 7.
11. Jackowski, W. 1998, Assessment of soil erosion risk in Poland, available at:
Border functions as a factor of development of border regions and the formation of cross-border regions
... 2012. № 12(2). P. 150—166.
18. Van der Velde В., Martin R. So many regions, so many borders. A behavioural approach in the analysis of border effects // Paper prepared for the 37th European Congress of the European Regional Science Association, Rome, Italy, Aug. 26—29, 1997. Rome, 1997.
border regions, cross-border regions, the state border, the border function
From Marburg to Odessa: A contribution to a scientific bio-graphy of S. L. Rubinstein
This article reconstructs certain episodes of the early intellectual biography (1889—1960) of S. L. Rubinstein — a Russian Neo-Kantian, philosopher, and psychologist — and presents the fol-lowing archive documents: the letter of Martha Cohen (1918), the widow of the German neo-Kantian Hermann Cohen, S. L. Rubinstein’s teacher; two Rubinstein’s autobiographies of the early 1920s; a review of Rubinstein’s thesis, which was supervised by H. Cohen and P. Natorp and de-fended at Marburg University, prepared...
A unified and harmonised European law and its impact on third countries
... OJ L, no 12, p. 1.
13. Regulation as last amended by Regulation (EC) No 1791/2006, 2006, OJ L, no 363, p. 1.
14. Regulation (EC) 593/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008 on the law applicable to contractual obligations (Rome I), 2008, OJ L, no 177, p. 6.
15. Regulation (EC) N 861/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 July 2007 establishing a European Small Claims Procedure, 2007, OJ L, no 199, p. 1.
16. Regulation (EC) N 864/2007 of the European Parliament ...
Centres for the generation of scientific publications of the international level in the regions of Russia
.... Maisonobe M., Jégou L., Yakimovich N., Cabanac G. NETSCITY: a geospatial application to analyse and map world scale production and collaboration data between cities // ISSI’19: 17th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informetrics. Rome, 2019. P. 631—642.
Peker I. Yu.
geography of knowledge, geography of scientific knowledge, spatial scientometrics, publication activity, knowledge generation, abstract and citation database
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
Remigration opens up the opportunity for a country to see the return of its citizens from migration, bringing with them their ideas, knowledge, values and skills. The work sphere is one of the main areas where these social remittances can be used. Still, very little attention is paid to the workplace in social remittance literature. Therefore, the first aim of this article is to explore the types of remigrants’ social remittances, the ways they are transmitted and their acceptance in the work sphere...
Historical perspective on the word gospoda as a form of address
Efremov, V. A., 2010. Transformations of the Russian speech etiquette: forms of address. Universum: Vestnik Gertsenovskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Herzen University], 10, pp. 44—48 (in Russ.).
Kabakchi, V. V. and Prokshina, Z. G., 2012. When in Rome, do in your linguistic and cultural way: forms of address. Lichnost', Kul'tura. Obshchestvo [Personality. Culture. Society], Vol. XIV, 1 (69—70), pp. 164—173 (in Russ.).
Klubkov, P. A., 2004. Govorite, pozhaluista, pravil'no [Please speak correctly]....
Kant and the Problem of Revolution. A Report of the International Conference (Kaliningrad, 9—10 November 2017)
... philosophische Manifest der historischen Rechtsschule, in: Marx, K., Engels, F., Werke, Bd. 1, Berlin, pp. 78—85.
Weizsäcker, E. U. v., Wijkman, A. 2018, Come On! Capitalism, Short-termism, Population and the Destruction of the Planet. A Report to the Club of Rome, New York.
Kant, theory of revolution, Russian Revolution, concept of the state, right of sedition, relation of morality and politics, problem of freedom
L. Yu. Kornilaev
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
... completes. Vol. 1. Paris: Gallimard.
Blast. 1914. Vol. 1.
D’Annunzio, G., 1920. La Carta del Carnaro. Available at:
. unito.it/cs/pdf/19200000_Carnaro_DAnnunzio_ita.pdf [Accessed 22 August 2019].
D'Annunzio, G., 1939. Il Fuoco. Rome.
D'Annunzio, G., 1947. Prose di ricerca, di lotta, di comando, di conquista, di tormento, d'indovinazione, di liberazione, di favole, di giochi, di baleni. In 3 vols. Vol. 1. Verona: Mondadori.
Derrida, J., 1990. Le Problème de la genèse dans ...
Audiovisual translation and reception
Reception of translated texts has thus far received relatively scant, uneven attention in Translation Studies, even though reception studies theories have been applied in the last decades, first to literary translation and then touching upon other areas and text types. This chapter reports on audiovisual translation in particular, exploring the very concepts of audience and reception. Adjacent concepts are also discussed, all having a bearing on the approach and the methodology, and all chosen for...
On the Responsibility of the Ideas of Legal Positivism for Doctrinal Support for National Socialism in Germany
In this article, I analyse a concept proposed within German legal science, namely that of the responsibility of legal positivism for promoting National Socialism in the 20th century. An analysis of relevant works by German and Russian legal scholars has shown that the concept rests on false premises and the ideas of positivism had no influence on the criminal National Socialist regime.
1. Дельфинов А. В МВД ФРГ и ГДР было больше бывших нацистов, чем предполагалось // Deutsche Welle. 2015. URL:...
To the question of creating a stationary plasma engine of increased power
... IEPC 2013-451.
14. Zurbach S., Cornu N., Lasgorceix P. Performance Evaluation of a 20 kW Hall Effect Thruster // IEPC-2011-020
15. Leporini A., Giannetti V., Andreussi T. et al. Development of a 20 kW-class hall effect thruster // Space Pripulsion. Rome, 2016.
Pyatykh I., Rumyantsev A.
stationary plasma thruster, spacecraft, discharge chamber, vacuum stand
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... gescheiterte Integration, Stuttgart, München, p. 102—143.
30. Towards a Common Migration Policy for the European Union, 2000, Opening Speech by Commissioner Antonio Vitorino for the Conference on «Migrations: Scenarios for the 21st Century» Deliveiy, Rome.
31. Young, I. 1990, Justice and the Politics of Difference, Princeton, 304 р.
32. Wagner, S., Powell, J. 2003, Ethnisch-kulturelle Ungleichheit im deutschen Bildungssystem Zur Überrepräsentanz von Migrantenjugendlichen an Sonderschulen, Heidelberg,...
Kant’s lectures on natural law: Justice and conscientiousness
The lectures on natural law delivered by Kant in the winter semester of 1784/85 have recently attracted increasing attention from Kant scholars. Dating back to the 1780s, they elucidate a number of important aspects in the genesis of Kant’s practical philosophy. Firstly, this relates to the formation of the Königsberg philosopher’s views on law. However, the lecture notes (especially the introduction) are of equal importance to understanding certain problems of Kant’s ethical concept and interpretation...
Sambia belts and their prototypes
... Białostocki. 1989. T. 16. S. 157—195.
19. Kobylinska U. Uwagi o genezie «pasa sambyjskiego» z wszesnego okresu wpływów rzymskich // Archeologia Polski. 1986. T. 41, z. 2. S. 373—396.
20. Koulakov V. Les contacts entre la cote sud de la Baltique et Rome a l’epoque de Neron // Les sites archéologiques en Crimeé et au Caucase durant l’Antiquité tardive et la haut Moyen-Age. Colloquia Pontica. 2000. Vol. 5. P. 29—35.
21. Madyda-Legutko R. Die Gürtelschnallen der Römischen Kaiserzeit und ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
This paper provides an overview of different approaches to forecasting the future of the three Baltic States. The author’s theoretical approach to studying Baltic elites is used to forecast changes in the action models of the Baltic elites. The article stresses the scarcity of internal political processes in the Baltics. However, a significant number of scenarios focusing on military aspects in the Baltics have recently been published. The author distinguishes between inertia, confrontation, and...
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... «kantyzmu» w procesie ewolucji mysli Nikolaja Bierdiajewa [The role of the „Kantianism” in the process of evolution of Nicolai Berdyaev’s thought] // Przebinda G. Między Moskwą a Rzymem. Myśl religijna w Rosji XIX i XX wieku [Between Moscow and Rome. Russian religious thought in Russia at the 19th and XXth centuries]. Cracow, p. 159—171.
89. Przybycien K. K. 2007, Osobowosc w koncepcji pedagogicznej Sergiusza Hessena [Personality in the pedagogical conception of Sergey Hessen] // Ukrains’ka ...
Intonational means of expressing the "new" and the "given" categories in English, Russian and Spanish
The article explores the intonation means of expressing the "given" and the "new" in English, Russian and Spanish. It represents the results of phonetic research proving the difference in the nucleus’s role when signaling the new information in three languages.
1. Николаева Т. М. Нерешенные вопросы теории актуального членения // Вопросы языкознания. 1972. № 2. С. 35—47.
2. Bolinger D. Intonation across languages // J. P. Greenberg, C. A. Ferguson, E. A. Moravcsik. Universals...
Magnetic resonance properties of Fe3Si/ MgO thin film structures
The article presents anisotropic properties investigation of Fe3Si / MgO thin film structures with different growing conditions and Si content. Growing conditions and Si concentration parameters make an impact on shaping of induced magnetic crystalline anisotropy. Results of experiment data simulation allows to extract magnetic anisotropy constants, proved by known results for same structures.
Kudrnovský J., Christensen N.
E., Andersen O.
Electronic structures and magnetic moments...
The international legal regulation of the status of voluntary human shields
The analysis of existing rule of International humanitarian law governing the cases of use of human shields by the parties of armed conflict justifies the conclusion that these persons are a sui generis case and should be regarded as an exception to a number of general rules. As a result, they should not be classified as taking a direct part in hostilities and must be treated according to the principle of proportionality provided that the permissible level of excessiveness of collateral damage can...
Amber as an economic and cultural phenomenon in the history of the Aesti and Prussians
... Helsinki, 1938. Bd. 12.
23. Hollack E., Peiser F. E. Das Gräberfeld von Moythienen. Königsberg, 1904.
24. Jagodziński M. Truso. Między Weonodlandem a Witlandem. Bydgoszcz,2010.
25. Koulakov V. Les contacts entre la cote sud de la Baltique et Rome a l’epoque de Neron // Les sites archéologiques en Crimeé et au Caucase durant l’Antiquité tardive et la haut Moyen-Age. Colloquia Pontica. Leiden ; Boston ; Köln, 2000.Vol. 5. P. 29—35.
26. Kulakov W. Water sacrifices in the country ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... Soobshhestvom o sotrudnichestve v oblasti nauki i tehnologij (Zakljucheno v g. Rime 06.11.2003) [Agreement on the renewal of the agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on Cooperation in Science and Technology (concluded in Rome on 11/06/2003)], legal-reference system "ConsultantPlus".
20. Statisticheskie tablicy po innovacijam. Rosstat. 2012 [Statistical tables on innovation. Statistics. 2012], available at: http://www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/ rosstat/rosstatsite/main/ ...
The Vilnius issue in international relations: the historiography of the problem
This article considers certain historiographical aspects of the Vilnius issue as an international problem. The author analyses the origins of the Polish-Lithuanian conflict, the role of the struggle for Vilnius in the general context of the Polish-Lithuanian confrontation, and the origin and nature of Lithuanian nationalism. The article also examines historiographical perspectives on the seizure of Vilnius by the troops of the Polish general, L. Żeligowsky, and the international consequences of the...
The externalisation of migration control in the European Union: first steps towards the external dimension of the space of freedom, security and justice
... conclude that it was as early as the 1990-s that the EU launched the policy which later allowed to transfer part of its security concerns to third countries.
1. Kosov, Ju. V. 2008, Rol' Rimskogo dogovora v evropejskoj integracii [The role of the Treaty of Rome in European integration], Upravlencheskoe konsul'tirovanie [Management consulting], no. 3, p. 46—50.
2. Bigo, D. 1996, Polices en réseaux. L’expérience européenne. Paris, Presses de Sciences Po.
3. Lavenex, S. 2006, Shifting up and out: the ...
The traditions of Russian and European perception of the state frontier in the conditions of transborder regional cooperation
... Euroregions as a factor of successful international integration in modern conditions, Balt. Region, no. 4, p. 60—67. doi:
3. Kosov, Ju. V. 2008, Rol' rimskogo dogovora v evropejskoj integracii [The role of the Treaty of Rome in European integration], Upravlencheskoe konsul'tirovanie, no. 3, p. 46—50.
4. Kosov, Ju. V. 2003, Transgranichnoe regional'noe sotrudnichestvo: severozapad Rossii [Cross-border regional cooperation: the North-West Russia], Polis, no.5, p. 145—153....