Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
... Latvia, and Lithuania. The authors use Bayesian probabilistic predictions based on data from the Population Division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Principle research methods include multi-factor simulation modelling; ... ... presented on schematic maps. The study shows that by the end of the century the highest dependency ratio in the Baltic region will be observed in Poland, while Finland, Estonia, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden will also face significant challenges. The authors ...
Foreign lobbying as an instrument of defense cooperation between Poland and the United States
... includes the periodisation of Polish lobbying activities in the US and an empirical study of lobbying based on analysis of original documents, many of which have been analysed for the first time. It is shown that, under the existing party system, Poland will not abandon strategic partnership with the United States, primarily in security and defence. Over the study period, Poland quickly gained experience in promoting its interests in the US through direct lobbying, showing flexibility in negotiations, relying on the two-party support in the US Congress,...
Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives
....svop.ru/live/materials.asp?m_id=6884&r_id=6922 (accessed 03.04.2014).
18. Kak uglubit' sotrudnichestvo Rossii i Evropejskogo Sojuza? [Deepen the cooperation between Russia and the European Union?], 2003, report, Moscow, The Committee "Russia in a United Europe".
19. Oznobischev, S. K. 2001, Rossija i Baltija — Poduet li veter peremen? [Russia and the Baltic States — the wind of change will blow you?], Obozrevatel [Observer], no. 10 (141), p. 23—25.
20. Oznobischev, S. K., Jurgens, I. Yu. (eds.), 2005, Rossija i Pribaltika-IV [Russian and Baltic-IV], Report of the Committee of Russia in a United Europe, SVOP, Moscow.
21. Koncepcija ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... Kolichestvo korablej PRO u Rossii i SShA nesravnimo [Undisguised maritime boundary. The number of missile ships from Russia and the United States incomparably], Flot — XXI vek [Fleet — XXI Century], available at: http://blackseafleet-21.com/news/1-12-2011_neprikrytyj-morskoj-rubezh-kolichestvo-korablej-pro-u-rossii-i-ssha-nesravnimo ... ... Alliance, 2014, available at: http://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/intl-cooperation/denmark/ (accessed 23.07.2014).
21. Denmark Will Join NATO’s Missile Defense Syste, 2014, available at: http://www.thelocal.dk/20140822/denmark-will-join-natos-missile-defense-system ...
The Baltic policy of Germany and current international relations
....), The Baltic Sea Region: National and International Security Perspectives, Baden-Baden, S. 96—115.
8. Lucas, H.-D. 199,8 United Germany, the Baltic States and the Baltic Sea Region. In: Jopp, M., Arnswald, S. (Hg.), The European Union and the Baltic ... ... Civilization — XXI Century], available at: www.info21.ru/second.php?id=97 (accessed 20.03.2015).
14. Ukraine-Konflikt: Berlin will osteuropäische Nato-Staaten militärisch unterstützen, 2014, Spiegel Online, 29.03.2014, available at: http://www.spiegel....
The development of a Russian-Polish cross-border region: the role of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and the Tri-City (Gdansk—Gdynia—Sopot)
... ekistical conditions for the development of a cross-border region. Since the early 1990s, cooperation between administrative units and municipalities, businesses, and non-governmental organisations has been developing on an institutional basis. Euroregions ... ... has decreased in recent years amid tensions between Russia and the West, there is hope that bilateral socio-economic benefits will encourage the restoration and development of collaborations and the Russian—Polish cross-border region will continue to ...
Georges Gurvitch and Sergey Hessen on the Possibility of Forming Social Unity
... operation of the suprafunctional organisation (the state) according to Hessen. The difference in the grounding of the general will leads to a difference in the concepts of social unity: 1) sobornost according to Gurvitch and 2) solidarity according to ... ... Law. Law. Journal of the Higher School of Economics, 4, pp. 63-74. (In Rus.)
Bitcilli, P. M., 1927. [Rev.] M. A. Zimmerman, United States in Human History. 1776—1926, Prague: Plamya, 1926. Sovremennye zapiski / Annales contemporaines, 33, pp. 553-554....
Lutheranism in Finland: past and present
... connection between secularisation processes in the society and changes in the administrative structure of the Lutheran church of Finland. A decrease in the number of Lutherans is accompanied by the closure or merger of the church primary territorial units - parishes. Probably, this process will be followed by the transformation of the diocesan division.
1. Danilevskij, N.Ya, 1991, Rossiya i Evropa [Russia and Europe], Moscow, p. 472.
2. Konstituciya Finlyandii [The Constitution of Finland], available at: http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokset/1999/ru19990731....
Duty and Coercion in Kant’s Republican Cosmopolitanism
... M. (ed.), Global Political Justice, New York, pp. 53—71.
21. Ronzoni, M. 2009, The Global Order: A Case of Background Injustice? in: Philosophy & Public Affairs 37/3, pp. 229—256.
22. Sánchez Madrid, 2013, Private property and a priori general united will in Kant’s Rechtslehre. Some troubles with Kant’s alleged foundation of liberalism, in: Studia Kantiana 15, pp. 103—120.
23. Sánchez Madrid, N. 2014. Has social justice legitimacy in Kant’s theory of right? The empirical conditions of the ...
Estonian Political Parties in the mid-2010s
... parliament at 2015 elections: the Estonian Conservative People’s Party, and Free Party. In the long run the minor parties will be able to keep parliamentary seats depending on their ability to build coalitions, either with the three governing parties ... ... voters in Estonia support the Centre Party, every major political party in the country has its Russophonic voters, while Estonian United Left Party, which promotes itself as a particular representative of the country’s Russophonic minority, remains a marginal ...
The justification of legal punishment in Kant’s philosophy
... University Press, 2009.
14. Aron Byrd Sh. B. Kant’s Theory of Punishment: Deterrence in Its Threat, Retribution in Its Execution // Law and Philosophy. 1989. № 8. Р. 151—200.
ethics, morality, punishment, retributivism, categorical imperative, united will, antinomy
[text]1. Bekker G. Chelovecheskoe povedenie: jekonomicheskij podhod. M.: GU-VShJe, 2003.2. Kant I. Kritika prakticheskogo razuma / Per. N. M. Sokolova // Kant I. Sochinenija. V 8-mi t. T....
The evolution of US political priorities in the Baltic sea region in the 2010s
The fundamental geopolitical changes in the Baltic Sea region after the end of the Cold War caused the United States to revise its priorities in that part of the world. The process became especially apparent in the second decade ... ..., the security dynamics in the region are likely to turn it into an arena for a struggle between Russia and the West. Russia will benefit from seeing the Baltic region nations not as tools in the Russian-US confrontation, but as partners in regional cooperation ...
Сoastal exclaves among enclosed territories of the world
... Catudal H. M. The Exclave Problem of Western Europe. Tuscaloosa, 1979.
5. Reid S. Canada Remapped: how the partition Quebec will reshape the nation. Vancouver, 1992.
6. Smith B. The Cognitive Geometry of War // Current Issues in Political Philosophy.... ....de/Angola-Cities.html
(дата обращения: 24.04.2018).
38. Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for the United States, Regions, States, and Puerto Rico: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2017 // United States Census Bureau. Population Estimates ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
... responds to drastic changes in employment, income, and consumption. Another question is how the immigrant-rich labour market will rebalance the supply-demand equation. Official statistics from the regional government and its subordinate bodies shows that ... ...
6. Elsby, M. W. L., Shin, D., Solon, G. 2016, Wage Adjustment in the Great Recession and Other Downturns: Evidence from the United States and Great Britain, Journal of Labor Economics, vol. 34, S. 1, Part 2, p. 249—291. doi:
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Democracies, New York, p. 286—306.
15. Fetzer, J. 2011, The Evolution of Public Attitude toward Immigration in Europe and the United States, 2000—2010. In: Research report “Improving EU and US Immigration Systems; Capacity for Responding the Global ... ....infratest-dimap.de/umfragen-analysen/bundesweit/ard-deutschlandtrend/(accessed
37. Europeans Fear Wave of Refugees Will Mean More Terrorism, Fewer Jobs, 2016, PewResearch Center, available at:
Kant’s Perpetual Peace Project and the Project of the European Union
... Kant’s theory and the European project, the EU in its current form suits Kant’s definition of a federation of sovereign states, united for the purpose of securing peace, and in some respects went even further. The process of European integration has transformed ... ... regular war conflicts into the society of peace, prosperity, liberty and right. It is obvious that it its development the EU will undergo difficulties and crises. However, the general direction, chosen by the union of European states, aiming at the development ...
Kant’s perpetual peace project and the project of the European Union
... Kant's theory and the European project, the EU in its curent form suits Kant's definition of a federtion of souvereign states, united for the purpose of securing peace, and in some respects went even further. The process of European integration has transformed ... ... regular war conflicts into the society of peace, prosperity, liberty and right. It is obvious that it its development the EU will undergo difficulties and crises. However, the general direction, chosen by the union of European states, aiming at the development ...
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
... political discourse or a real instrument of European integration and comes to a conclusion that the concepts of European identity are stuck in a methodological trap. And the EU institutional design does not inspire confidence among the residents of united Europe. The question as to how European identity will develop after the EU crisis is becoming increasingly topical.
1. Bakke E. Towards a European Identity? URL: http://folk.uio.no/stveb1/Towards_a_European_Identity.pdf (дата обращения: 18.03.2012).
2. Bryder T. European political Identity....
The Role of Small Countries in Post-Soviet Territorial Restructuring: the Baltic Case
... countries in promoting the Eastern Partnership programme with an emphasis on the anti-Russian agenda, the author concludes that they will inflict harm on the EU in a long-term perspective. These former Soviet republics no longer rely on mere diplomacy, but resort ... ... Membership of NATO is the Impulse for Reforms, Lithuanian Annual Strategic Review 2002, Vilnius, p. 7—16.
10. Lithuania and the United States enter a new stage of strategic cooperation, 2013, 30 August, President of the Republic of Lithuania, available at: ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 101—124. DOI: 10.5922/2079—8555—2016—2—6.
11. Every fifth inhabitant of the European Union in 2050 will be a Muslim, 2009, Vesti. Ru, available at:
. vesti. ru/doc. html?id=308452 (accessed 08.04.2016). (In Russ.)
... ... gov/j/drl/rls/irf/religiousfreedom/index. htm#wrapper (accessed 17.05.2016).
19. International Religious Freedom Report for 2014. United Kingdom, 2014, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor, available at:
. state. gov/j/drl/rls/irf/religiousfreedom/index....
Latvia in the System of European Territorial Security: a View from the Inside and Outside
14. Rossijskie jeksperty: strany Baltii priblizjat jekonomiku Rossii k evropejskoj [The Russian experts: the Baltic countries will bring the Russian economy to the European], 2003, DELFI.LV, 16 May, available at: http://rus.delfi.lv/news/daily/latvia/rossijskie-eksperty-strany-baltii-priblizyat-ekonomiku-rossii-k-evropejskoj.... ... 36—43.
16. Gushchin, V. 2014, Mezhdunarodnoe pravo na sluzhbe SShA i… rusofobii [International law in the service of the United States and... russophobia], Strategija Rossii [Strategy of Russia], no. 7, July, available at: http://sr.fondedin.ru/new/fullnews_arch_to....
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... approach to studying the structural transformation of industrial systems during the transition of the national economy, which will make it possible to identify major trends in national production. The article seeks to draw attention to the methodology ... .... 1, p. 37—46. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-4.
14. Moshkov, А. V. 2005, Promyshlennye uzly Dal'nego Vostoka [Industrial units of the Far East], Владивосток, 192 p.
15. Pavlov, E. 2013, Tehnoparki — vazhnyj jelement sovremennoj innovacionnoj ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... starting assumption is that the situation in the Baltic depends largely on the politics of external powers — Russia and the United States, — being a projection of their global geopolitical confrontation. The US strategy thus becomes a major part of ... ....com/news/archive/2016/11/michael-
22. Laats, J. M. 2015, Ilves: Russia will not attack Baltic nations, Eesti Rahvusringhääling, 14 December 2015, available at:
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
... opportunity in economy, culture, science, education, etc., — the latter is preferable. A breakdown in regional cooperation will weaken Russia’s position. However, gaining positive momentum may prove instrumental in overcoming the confrontation between ... ....ru/news/forces/content/201512310750- ycjf.htm (accessed 21.01.2016).
13. Chernenko, E. 2015, Rossija i SSHA ogljanulis’ na 1945-yj [Russia and the United States looked at the year 1945], Kommersant, available at: http:// www.kommersant.ru/doc/2715103 (accessed 21.01.2016)....