Social media interfaces as a representation of cultural meanings
A problem of the growing popularity of cross-cultural social media studies is the lack of discrimination between the effects of user characteristics and those of the architecture of a virtual platform interface. This makes the detected cultural differences unreliable. A way to solve this problem is a comparative ...
The media image of San Escobar in the space of fictional worlds: a socio-semiotic perspective
... 2017. San Escobar — Waszczykowski odkrył nowy kraj, internet oszalał. Available at:
, 1,san-escobar--waszczykowski-odkryl-nowy-kraj-internet-oszalal.read [Accessed 19 June 2018].
social semiotics, context, media image, Internet communication
Sladkevich Zh. R.
The role of mass media and PR in social work
This article describes the main directions of cooperation between social workers and mass media. The author shows the role of mass media in social problems.
Основы рекламы. М.; Ростов н/Д, 2005.
Социальная реклама как общественный институт современного ...
The role of management sociology in the system of mass communication
This article is dedicated to the topical issues of socially responsible information management in the communication media of Russian media space. The author considers the role of management sociology in the formation of Russian media space.
Бергер П., Лукман Т.
Социальное конструирование реальности. М., 1995. ...
Digital World Communication аnd Translation
Cronin, M. 2016. Eco-Translation. Translation and Ecology in the Age of the Anthropocene. London: Routledge.
Daniels, J., Gregory, K. and McMillan Cottom, T. eds., 2017. Digital Sociologies. Bristol: Policy Press.
Desjardins, R., 2017. Translation and Social Media. In Theory, in Training, and in Professional Practice. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
Dunne, K. J. ed., 2006. Perspectives on Localization. Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing.
Dunne, K. J. and Dunne, E. S. eds., 2011. Translation and Localization ...
Political technologies and international conflicts in the information space of the Baltic Sea region
... Baltic region it is necessary to take into account common interests. There is a pressing need to join efforts in solving the challenging social problems that cannot be overcome without either international cooperation among the countries or effective social partnership.
Kirilenko V. P., Alexeyev G. V.
information security, Baltic Sea common information space, media, national interests, diplomacy, information operations, Baltic region, international cooperation
Features of an addressee as an element of communicative interaction in social media
Based on «VKontakte», «YouTube», «Facebook» social media services, this article considers the main features of the reciever as a structural element of the communicative interaction comparing to the standard media.
1. Гавра Д. П. Основы теории коммуникации. СПб., 2011....
Near-border regions’ mass media within the context of public diplomacy: expert survey results’ analysis (the Case of the Saratov region)
... aims at analyzing results of experts’ survey taken in May 2018. Among other things, experts gave their opinions on the levels and forms of communication between mass media of Saratov region and their foreign partners, the way regional and municipal media outlets use the Internet technologies, social networks, and messengers, possible projects to promote information interaction of the region and media from abroad. An inference is made that mass media pay inadequate attention to “foreign” aspects of their activity, which, in its turn, necessitates ...
Discursive features of intertextual elements
... Multidisciplinary Introduction / еd. by T. A. van Dijk. L., 1998. Vol. 1. Р. 1—34.
3. Searle J. R. The Construction of Social Reality. N. Y., 1995.
4. Tomlin R. S., Forrest L., Pu M. M., Kim M. H. Discourse Semantics // Discourse as Structure and ... ... Multidisciplinary Introduction / еd. by T. A. van Dijk. L., 1998. Vol. 1. Р. 63—111.
discourse, intertextuality, media discourse, discourse properties, quotations.
The image of modern Russian innovations in the Danish mass media
... media. The positive image of Russian innovations in Danish periodicals is analysed against the background of historical stereotypes. The article also describes the Danish national innovation system. The image of Russian innovations in the Danish mass media is positive; however, the articles dedicated to Russian innovations constitute a small part of reports on developments in Russia. The article also contributes to social surveys carried out in Denmark through introducing new data. The research results can be used by politicians, scholars and social activists interested in the relations with Denmark.
1. Klemeshev, A. P. 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation ...
Lexical means to express an author’s opinion in popular science groups on the VKontakte social network
... средств массовой информации : дис. ... канд. филол. наук. Киров, 2015.
9. Попов А. В. Блоги. Новая сфера влияния. М., 2008.
10. Aichner T. Measuring the degree of corporate social media use // International Journal of Market Research. 2015. № 57 (2). P. 257—275.
social media, mass communication, receiver and communicator, change of communicative roles, evaluative lexis, functional styles of Russian language
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
... children's literature into German. In: E. O’Sullivan, K. Reynolds and R. Romøren, eds. Children's Literature Global and Local. Social and Aesthetic Perspectives. Oslo: Novus Press. pp. 227—239.
Smecca, P. D., 2009. Tourist guidebooks and the image of ... ... Translation Studies. Abingdon & New York: Routledge. pp. 220—230.
van Doorslaer, L., (in press) Stereotyping by Default in Media Transfer. In: J. Barkhoff and J. Leerssen, eds. National Stereotyping & Cultural Identities in Recent European Crises....
The problems of legal socialisation in the conditions of the anomie of the Russian society
This article analyses the problems of the influence of family, mass media, and school on the process of individual legal socialisation. Special attention is paid to their controversial and disruptive influence on legal awareness in the conditions of the disagreement and low efficiency of social norms.
Арутюнян М., Здравомыслова О., Курильски-Ожвэн Ш
. Образ и опыт права: правовая социализация в изменяющейся России. М., 2008.
Social advertising in the modern communicative space: the experience of the Kaliningrad region
... 6. Вайнер В. Тренды развития социальной рекламы в России. URL: http://www.1soc.ru/pages/view/179 (дата обращения: 19.03.2013).
social advertising, social advertising techniques, social advertising impact, mass media
The contribution of TV commercials to the development of self-care behaviour in the youth
... results of the influence of TV commercials on the formation of self-care behavior models in the youth. It is shown that the formation of relevant attitudes and the adoption of self-care behavior models is strongly affected by the contents of the TV media space.
Alimpieva A., Selivanova A.
self-care behavior, healthcare socialization of young people, TV commercials
The Image of Contemporary Russia n Language and Culture: the Thematic Issue of «Russian Review»
... various theoretical and practical aspects of the image-making from the perspective of the theory of communication, linguistics, social psychology, discourse studies, cognitive poetics, linguistics and culture studies.
Galumov, E. A., 2004. Mezhdunarodnyi ... ... ezhednevnykh gazet «Mond», «Figaro» i «Liberas'on» za 2008—2012 gg.). [The image of Russia in the contemporary French political media discourse (based on electronic versions of the daily newspapers Mond,
Figaro and Liberation for 2008—2012)]. Moscow (in ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... Zhurnal Vlast' [Journal Power], 4, p. 16.
23. Lotman, Yu. M., 1992. Zvonyachi v pradѣdnyuyu slavu. In: Yu. M. Lotman Izbrannye stat'i [Selected articles]. Vol. 2. Tallinn. pp. 107—110.
24. Luman, N., 2007. Sotsial'nye sistemy. Ocherk obshchei teorii [Social systems. Essay on general theory]. St. Petersburg. pp. 527—541.
25. Maklyuen, M., 2014. Ponimanie media [Understanding Media]. Moscow. pp. 24—27.
26. Maklyuen, M., 2015. Galaktika Gutenberga [The Gutenberg Galaxy]. Moscow. pp. 207—211.
27. Nesterov, A. G., 2016. The “Five Stars” Movement as a phenomenon of the "protest party" in ...
Lutheranism in Finland: past and present
... Portraits of prominent figures of the Finnish Reformation], St. Petersburg, 560 p.
4. Martynov, V. L., Faibusovich, E. L. 2010, Social'no-e'konomicheskaya geografiya sovremennogo mira [Socio-economic geography of the modern world], Moscow.
5. Nikitin, A.... ... 2015, Kallion ja Paavalin asukkaista enää alle 50 % kuuluu kirkkoon, Eroakirkosta, available at: http://www.eroakirkosta.fi/media/none/tiedote_02_2015.html?year=2015 (accessed 15 Apr 2015).
15. Karisma, P., Torrkulla, K. 2014, Vuosi 2014 kirkolle kaikkien ...
Verb collocations of the semantic field «Memory» with the component ‘Vergangenheit’ in the German media
... verb collocations of the semantic field “Memory” with the component ‘Vergangenheit’, which are commonly used in German media; it describes structural, semantic and syntagmatic characteristics of the verb collocations. The source of the research ... ... Conference «Current issues of linguistics and didactics: The interdisciplinary approach in humanities» (CILDIAH). Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research. Atlantis press, 2017. Vol. 97. Р. 239—245.
22. Rebrina L. N., Malushko E....
Between profession and public engagement: Evolution of the public history movement in America
... the people: a history of Central Park. Ithaca (N. Y.), 1992.
41. Rosenzweig R., Thelen D. The Presence of the Past: Popular Uses of History in American Life. N. Y., 1998.
42. September 11 Digital Archive // Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media and American Social History. 2002—2016. URL:
(дата обращения: 25.03.2016).
43. Shopes L. Responding to Baltimore: A role for public historians? (Part 1) // Public History Commons. 2015. 14 May. URL:
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
.... Results of the work of the Committee on Science and Higher Education in 2015, 2016, available at:
(accessed 18.11.2016). (in Russ.)
21. Pilipenko, I. V. 2005, Factors and methods for increasing ... ... competitiveness, Teoriya i praktika servisa: ekonomika, sotsial'naya sfera, tekhnologii [Theory and practice of service: economics, social sphere, technologies], no. 3, p. 55—60. (in Russ.)
24. Rakhmatov, R. D., Ivanov, N. T. 2015, Assessment of competitiveness ...
Russian Television of Post-Soviet Era: Patterns of Transformation
This paper analyses the transformation of broadcasting structure of the national television in the new social and political situation. On the basis of
this analysis, the new genre form — infotainment — is put up for discussion.... ... Осторожно, телевидение! / под ред. Я.
Н. Засурского. М., 2002.
mass media, Russia, genre, television
Countries of the Baltic Region in the Global Culinary Space
.... Fukutomi, S. 2014, Bottom-up Food: Making Rāmen a Gourmet Food in Tokyo, Food and Foodways: Explorations in the History and Culture of Human Nourishment, Vol. 22, no. 1—2, p. 65—89.
15. Harper, D., Faccioli, P. 2009, The Italian way. Food and Social Life, Chicago, London.
16. Hollows, J. 2010, The Bachelor Dinner: Masculinity, class and cooking in Playboy, 1953—1961, Continuum: Journal of Media&Cultural Studies, Vol. 16, no. 2, p. 143—155.
17. Kaplan, D. 2012, The Philosophy of Food, Berkeley, Los Angeles, London.
18. Kearney, A. T. 2014, Global Cities Index, available at: http://
The symbolic complexes of mass culture and the semiosis of political discourse
... (PD) in modern society cannot ignore either the patterns of behaviour replicated in MC or the features of the unification of social institutions and roles. In terms of semiosis and its individual acts, the consumption of PD in society will necessarily ... ... a lifestyle]. Available at:
[Accessed 05 March 2018].
Belousova, Yu. V., 2012. Media image as a means of communication. Gramota [Diploma], 23(26), pp. 27—31 (in Russ.).
Delez, Zh., 2016. Kino (Movie). Moscow ...
The physical activity of primary school students of the city of Krasnoyarsk
... passive (resting at the computer or a game console, watching TV) lifestyle among Krasnoyarsk primary school students in view of social family background and the parents' example of sports activities. The lifestyle criteria presented can be helpful in preventing ... ... некоторые гигиенические проблемы. М
today: couch potatoes, fast-food junkies, media freaks? Lifestyles and Health behavior-first result of an international comparison H.
P. Brandl-Bredenbeck, M. Stefani,...
Discursive features of Russian gender-oriented advertisements
... a Different Voice: Psychological Theory and Women’s Development. Cambridge, 1982.
8. Goffman E. Gender Advertisements. N. Y., 1976.
9. Harré R. Persuasion and Manipulation // Discourse and Communication: New Approaches to the Analyses of Mass Media Discourse and Communication.Berlin ; N. Y., 1985. P. 126—142.
10. Hasan R. Ways of saying: ways of meaning // The Semiotics of Culture and Language. L., 1984. Vol. 1 : Language as Social Semiotics. P. 105—162.
11. Tillner G. Masculinity and Xenophobia: The Identity of Dominance // Masculinity and male roles in the perspective of a culture of peace. Oslo, 1997. P. 43—62.
gender, advertisement, textual metadiscourse, inter-personal ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... exclave status, the Kaliningrad region has been drawing attention of many researchers in different fields. Yet the prospects for cooperation between the region and neighbouring communities in Poland and Lithuania, which once constituted an integrated social, economic and political space, remain unclear. Media analysts and scholars alike tend to view the Kaliningrad region as “double periphery”, since it is excluded from major modernisation processes both in the European integration zone and in the Russian Federation. However, a detailed study involving ...
The application of the Web 2.0 technology as a tool of developing informal media education
This article summarises the role of the Web 2.0 technology also known as social network services in the development of informal learning. This article offers a general description of non-formal and informal learning. Special attention is paid to blogging and the use of wki-resoruces as the most popular Internet tools. The ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... goda [Order number 1398-r of the Government of the Russian Federation dated July 29, 2014], available at: http://government.ru/media/files/41d4f68fb74d798eae71.pdf/ (accessed 08.12.2014).
24. Stolyarov, О. I. Programmnyj podhod k razvitiju jekonomiki ... ... management and control strategy], available at: http://www.acg.ru/news2.phtml?m=816 (accessed 08.12.2014).
26. Faikov, D.Yu. 2011, Social'nyj kontrakt kak instrument strategicheskogo razvitija municipal'nogo obrazovanija [Social contract as a tool for strategic ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... modern Russian economy (a socialgeographer's view), Nauchnaya mysl' Kavkaza, no. 2, p. 16—26. (In Russ.)
38. Strategy of social and economic development of the Murmansk region until 2025, 2010, Murmansk, available at:
http://csr-nw.ru/files/csr/file_category_169.... ... long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation until 2030, 2013, Moscow, available atL
(accessed 07.01.2017). (In Russ.)
Druzhinin A. G.
coastal cities, population change, ...
Cultural Islam in Northern Europe
... to analyse the position of cultural Islam in Northern European countries. To this end, we examine publications in major print media. Content analysis of relevant publications gives a detailed picture of narratives produced in mass consciousness as a reaction ... ... studies into the dynamics and mechanisms of adaptation, acculturation, and, perhaps, integration of Muslims and corresponding social groups into the socio-cultural space of Northern European countries.
Dianina S. Yu., Khalil M. A., Glagolev V. S. ...
Translation and Discourse Analysis
... and the Discourse on language (tr. S. S. Smith). New York: Harper.
Halliday, M. A. K., 1978. Language as social semiotic: The social interpretation of language and meaning. London: Edward Arnold.
Hatim, B., 2009. Translating text in context. In: J. Munday,... ... Translator Trainer, 1(2). pp. 223—246.
Manfredi, M., 2018.
Investigating ideology in news features translated for two Italian media
. Across Languages and Cultures, 19(2). pp. 185—203.
Martin, J. R. and White, P. R. R., 2005. The Language of Evaluation: ...
New verbal nouns with the meaning of an abstract action or state
The social determination of current neological processes contributes to the expansion of the vocabulary of the contemporary Russian ... ... nouns’ productivity and contribution to the word formation in the contemporary Russian language. Dictionaries of new lexis, media texts, and the Russian National Corpus are used to identify and describe the most productive wordformation types and models ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Europe, Cambridge University Press, p. 80—81.
22. The Social Aspects of the 2015 Migration Crisis in Hungary, 2016, TARKI Social Research Institute. Budapest, available at:
(accessed ... ... Thematic report, 2013, John D. And Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, February 14—15, available at:
27. Refugees and asylum-seekers, 2012, UNHCR ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... RF ot 16 aprelja 2015 g. [Order № 668-p of the RF Government of April 16, 2015], 2015, available at: http://government.ru/media/files/ANTtXeAibvOQUysuIxa7br4h3rjptEYS.pdf (accessed 20.10.2015).
14. Rosstat Rostovskoj oblasti RF [The Federal State ... ... http://rostov.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_ts/rostov/resources/56d86200483036ea845ea4ed3bc4492f/Ин... (accessed 19.02.2016).
15. Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Jurginskogo gorodskogo okruga za 2014 god [Socio-economic development of the city of Yurga ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... Sharygin, М. D. 2003, Territorial'nye obshhestvennye sistemy (regional'nyj i lokal'nyj urovni organizacii i upravlenija) [Local social systems (regional and local levels of the organization and management)], Perm’.
19. Schumpeter, J. 1982, Teorija jekonomicheskogo ... ... networks, Environment and Planning: Society and Space, no. 17 (1), p. 87—104.
21. Bathelt, H. 2002, The re-emergence of a media industry cluster in Leipzig, European Planning Studies, no. 10, p. 583—611.
22. Clark, G. L., Tracey, P. 2004, Global ...
Cross-border cooperation between nongovernmental organisations in the Pomeranian and Warmian-Masurian voivodeships
.... Kucherjavaja, Ye. 2007, Razvitie mezhdunarodnyh svjazej v informacionnom sotrudnichestve: zarubezhnyj opyt i rossijskie media-izdanija NKO [Development of international relations in the information cooperation: international experience and Russian media publications NGO], III Vystavka social'nyh uslug i proektov NKO Kaliningradskoj oblasti [III Exhibition of social services and projects of NGOs Kaliningrad], Kaliningrad, September 29, 2007, available at: http://www.cpoi. narod. ru/vystavka_ru. html (accessed 15 February 2013).
Evolution of International Research Cooperation models in the Contemporary Foreign Policy Environment
... (accessed 17.03.2015).
13. Shishkina, A. 2014, Internet-cenzura i «arabskaja vesna» [Internet censorship and the "Arab Spring"], Neprikosnovennyj zapas [Emergency ration], Vol. 93,
14. Opening Closed Regimes. What Was the Role of Social Media During the Arab Spring?, 2011, Working Paper, The Project on Information Technology and
Political Islam, University of Washington, no. 1.
international academic and research cooperation, foreign policy, internationalization of education ...
The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region
... the BSR. The research material for this desk study is collected from various sources, including journal articles, statistics, media, research reports, and other publications.
1. European Commission 2012, ICT for Competitiveness & Innovation, available ... ... Sitra Reports 87, available at: http://www.sitra.fi/julkaisut/raportti87.pdf (accessed 10 July 2012).
9. Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology UNU-MERIT 2011, Innovation Union Scoreboard 2011, The Innovation Union’s ...
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
... through cooperation with the neighbouring territories of other states. The optimisation of spatial organisation of economy, social sphere, and nature management using the tools of spatial planning is fully justified in the case of transborder regions ... ... России // Евразийская экономическая интеграция. 2008. № 1. URL:http://www.eabr.org/media/img/rus/publications/magazine/no1/n1_2008_14_Vardomskiy.pdf (дата обращения: 01.06.2014).
3. Герасименко ...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
... tomorrow. Studies & Reports, no. 98, Notre Europe — Jacques Delors Institute, available at:
31. Ozonis, A. 1994, The Policies ... ....pl/en/publikacje/analyses/2015-09-23/how-
37. Eurostat Population and social conditions — Asylum and managed migration, 2015, available at:
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... Soviet-Polish friendship, Administration of the urban district "City of Kaliningrad", available at:
14. Polkh, P. P. 2013, The Kaliningrad Regional Committee of the CPSU ... ... Programów Europejskiej Współpracy Terytorialnej i Europejskiego Instrumentu Sąsiedztwa, available at:
. pdf (accessed 21.01.2017).
41. Sierocińska, E. 2001, Olsztyn. Kolejna ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
(accessed 10.04.2016). (In Russ.)
4. Union of Russian Hanseatic Cities, available at:
(accessed 15.05.2016). (In Russ.)
5. Zemtsov, S. P., Baburin, V. L. 2016, Assessment of the potential of the economic and ... ... Kapaciauskaite, I. 2011, Environmental governance in the Baltic Sea Region and the role of non-governmental actors, Procedia — Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 14, p. 90—100.
8. Ionov V. V., Kropinova Ye. G. 2010, «The Baltic University» programme ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... someone? Subsidized regions and "donors" of Russia, 2016, Griffon, 28 November, available at:
(accessed 01.03.2017). (in Russ.)
22. Anholt, S. 2010, Definitions of place branding ... ... characteristics and underlying factors, 20th International Scientific Conference Economics and Management — 2015, Procedia — Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 213, p. 48—54. DOI:
36. Swanson, K. 2017,...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... 1983, The Baltic States: Year of dependence 1940-1980, Berkeley.
8. Gareeva, N. E., Shkel, S. N. 2011, Teorija modernizacii i social'no-jekonomicheskie faktory demokratizacii v kontekste politicheskih transformacij na postsovetskom prostranstve [The theory ... ... kosmicheskaja industrija - horoshij biznes dlja Latvii [Economy Minister: space industry - good business for Latvia], 2015, Mix Media Group, available at: http://www.mixnews.lv/ru/economics/news/2015-05-02/175319 (accessed 02.05.2015).
27. Biznes po vyrashhivaniju ...