Supranational party system of the EU
... hypothesis that a multiplicity of parties of the European and national levels forms the party system of the European Union (EU). The authors describe the main characteristics of Europarties and political groups comprised of them as key actors in the European Parliament’s (EP) political and legislative processes. The authors adopt the institutional approach and make use of the tools of the comparative, structural, and functional analyses. Special attention is paid to the ‘two-tier’ structure — the ...
The danish parliament as an actor of Denmark’s foreign policy towards the EU and Russia: a comparative analysis, 2005—2019
The growing number of participants in foreign policy decision-making calls for a study of the forces affecting the behaviour of states in the international arena. In contemporary states, parliaments are increasingly challenging the exclusive prerogatives of executive power in foreign and defence policy. Many experts stress that the powers of the Danish Parliament in these fields are among the most considerable in the world. The question ...
Parliament and law-making: modern understanding of the role of parliamentary procedures and laws in transforming society
The author analyzes the place and role of parliament in today's transforming society and investigates the causes of the crisis of parliamentarism, the confrontation between parliament and government in some countries and in others - the widespread "legitimization" of government policy ...
Corpus-based studies in conference interpreting
... Hedges in conference interpreting: The role of gender. Interpreting, 19(1), pp. 21—46.
Monti, C., Bendazzoli, C., Sandrelli, A. and Russo, M., 2005. Studying directionality in simultaneous interpreting through an electronic corpus: EPIC (European Parliament Interpreting Corpus). Meta, 50(4). Available at:
http://www. erudit. org/revue/meta/2005/v50/n4/019850ar. pdf
(аccessed 23 September 2018).
Niemants, N., 2015. Transcription. In: F. Pöchhacker, ed. Routledge encyclopedia of interpreting ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... illegal immigration of third-country nationals, Brussels, 19.7.2006, 2006, COM, no. 402 final, available: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/com/2006/com2006_0402en01.pdf (accessed 10.05.2015).
3. REPORT FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL Fifth bi-annual report on the functioning of the Schengen area 1 November 2013 - 30 April 2014. Brussels, 26.5.2014, 2014, COM, no. 292 final, available at: //http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/e-library/documents/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/docs/fifth_biannual_report_on_the_functioning_of_the_schengen_area_en....
A unified and harmonised European law and its impact on third countries
... jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters, 2000, OJ L, no 12, p. 1.
13. Regulation as last amended by Regulation (EC) No 1791/2006, 2006, OJ L, no 363, p. 1.
14. Regulation (EC) 593/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008 on the law applicable to contractual obligations (Rome I), 2008, OJ L, no 177, p. 6.
15. Regulation (EC) N 861/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 July 2007 establishing a European Small ...
The Legal Regulation of the EU Immigrant Integration Policy
... одобрило закон об интеграции беженцев. URL:
(дата обращения: 10.05.2018).
8. Action Plan on the integration of third country nationals Brussels Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. URL:
(дата обращения: 10.05.2018)....
The role of the European Central Bank in ensuring the financial stability of the EU
... 1024/2013 of 15 October 2013 conferring specific tasks on the European Central Bank concerning policies relating to the prudential supervision of credit institutions // Official Journal. 2013. L 287. P. 63—89.
7. Directive 2013/36/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 on access to the activity of credit institutions and the prudential supervision of credit institutions and investment firms, amending Directive 2002/87/EC and repealing Directives 2006/48/EC and 2006/49/EC ...
New stages of the excessive budget deficit procedure for the EU member states and the assessment of their effectiveness
... Journal of the European Communities. 1992. Vol. 35. C224. P. 1—130. URL:
(дата обращения: 01.10.2017).
3. Regulation (EU) No 473/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on common provisions for monitoring and assessing draft budgetary plans and ensuring the correction of excessive deficit of the Member States in the euro area // Official Journal of the European Union. 2013....
Civil protection in the EU and its effect on the safety of the Baltic region
... assistance interventions, 2001, Official Journal of the European Union, Series L, no. 297, November 15.
6. The Joint Statement by the Council and the Representatives of the Governments of the Member States meeting within the Council, the European Parliament and the European Commission, 2008, C 25, Vol. 1, no. 3.
7. Council Decision of 5 March 2007 establishing a Civil Protection Financial Instrument, 2007, Official Journal of the European Union, Series L, no. 071, March 10.
8. EUBSR Flagship ...
Human rights in EU-Russia relations: a human rights mechanism
... Russian Federation. Parliamentary Assembly. 2012. 02 Oct. URL: http://assembly.coe.int/ASP/XRef/X2H-DW-XSL.asp?fileid=19116&lang=EN (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
10. Statement by EU High Representative Catherine Ashton in the European Parliament on the political use of justice in Russia. Strasburg. 2012. 11 Sept. / European Union External Action. URL:http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_Data/docs/pressdata/EN/foraff/132370.pdf (дата обращения: 13.03.2013).
11. Реакция ...
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
....edu/4545/ (дата обращения: 24.03.2012).
4. Delgado-Moreira J. M. Cultural Citizenship and the Creation of European Identity.URL: http://www.sociology.org/content/vol002.003/delgado.html (дата обращения: 21.03.2012).
5. European Parliament election turnout 1979—2009. URL: http://www.ukpolitical.info/european-parliament-election-turnout.htm (дата обращения: 17.03.2012).
6. Gonzalez J. European Identity. URL: http://www.europeanideasnetwork.com/files/2012/Brussels_08_February/EIN ...
On the development of the parliamentarianism institution in Poland
This article is devoted to the important issue of development of parliamentarianism in post-authoritarian countries through the case of Poland. Having passed several stages of constitutional changes and political crises caused by the situation of political infighting, the Polish political system has reached sustainability, which ensures its effective functioning.
1. Керимов А. Д. Понимание парламентаризма и перспективы его развития в России // Гражданин и право. 2002. № 7/8. С. 25—33.
Estonian Political Parties in the mid-2010s
... the mid-2010s. The analysis is based on the works of Moris Duverger. As one might expect, the establishment of proportionate electoral system in Estonia has resulted in the formation of a multi-party system, in which no single party dominates in the parliament even in a short run. The article demonstrates that though Estonian political party system develops in line with the tendencies typical to political party systems of most European countries, some of its elements are more common to postcommunist ...
The Role of Small Countries in Post-Soviet Territorial Restructuring: the Baltic Case
... responsibility for global stability.
1. Accord between the political parties represented in the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania on strategic guidelines for the foreign, security and defence policy of the Republic of Lithuania for 2014—2020, 2014, Parliament of the Republic of ithuania, available at: http://www3.lrs.lt/pls/inter/w5_show?p_r=4028&p_d= 146140&p_k=2 (accessed 31.08.2014).
2. Agreement between political parties of the Republic of Lithuania on the main goals and objectives of the state ...
Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia-EU Relations
... Kaliningradzki w kontekście rozszerzenia Unii Europejskiej // Prace OSW. 2001. URL: http://www.osw. waw. pl/pl/publikacje/Prace-OSW?page=4 (дата обращения: 28.01.2012).
3. Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament „Towards integrated management of the external borders of the member states of the European Union”, Brussels, 7.5.2002, COM(2002) 233 final. URL:http://eur-lex. europa. eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ. do?uri=COM:2002:0233:FIN: EN:PDF (дата ...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... strategy for the rational use of energy»,1998, COM, no. 246 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex UriServ.do?uri=COM:1998:0246:FIN:EN:PDF (accessed 11.10.2013).
9. Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament,the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, of 26 April 2000, «Action Plan to improve energy efficiency in the European Community », 2000, COM, no. 247 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/
The facilitation of freedom of movement between Russia and the European Union: prospects and legal issues
... and European Union Special Representative, available
at: http://www.delbih.ec.europa.eu/files/docs/reports/41.10%20MEMO-Visa%20 liberalisation%
20Albania% 20and%20BiH. pdf (accessed 29 September 2010).
9. Regulation (EC) N 1931/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 laying down rules on local border traffic at the external land borders of the Member States and amending the provisions of the Schengen Convention,
2006, Official Journal, L 405, 30 Dec.
10. Soglashenie ...
Participation of foreign volunteers in the Greek Revolution of 1821—1830
... Освобождение Греции и Россия. 1821—1829. М., 1965.
19. Яковенко И. П. Молдавия и Валахия с 1820 по 1829 год. СПб., 1834.
20. Cause of the Greeks // Hansard. 1822. 15 July. URL:
(дата обращения: 03.02.2020).
21. Comstock J. L. History of the Greek revolution. N. Y., 1829.
22. Dakin D. The Greek Struggle for Independence 1821—1833. Berkeley,...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
16. European Commission, 2013, Roadmap — Review of Waste Policy and Legislation, available at:
17. European Commission, 2014, ANNEX to the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Commission Work Programme 2015 — A New Start, Brussels, available at:
18. European ...
EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Challenges and Perspectives of International Cooperation
..., H. 2014, Governance crisis in the Baltic Sea region cooperation? April 24, available at: http://www.bdforum.org/hans-brask-governance-crisis-balticsea-region-cooperation/ (accessed 05.02.2016).
9. Communication From The Commission To The European Parliament, The Council, The European Economic And Social Committee And The Committee Of The Regions, 2009, Concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, Brussels, 10 June, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docoffic/official/communic/baltic/com_baltic_en....
The discourse of “European identity” in the conditions of the EU crisis
... Stråth. A European Identity to the Historical Limits of a Concept. URL:http://www.scribd.com/Euroculture_Krakow/d/67862488-A-European-Identity-To-the-Historical-Limits-of-a-oncept#outer_page_15 (дата обращения: 06.03.2012).
19. European Parliament election turnout 1979—2009. URL: http://www.ukpolitical.info/european-parliament-election-turnout.htm (дата обращения: 17.03.2012).
20. Вайнштейн Г. Европейская идентичность. Возникающая ...
The principle of mutual recognition of court orders within legal cooperation on criminal cases in the European Union
... Council Framework Decision of 13 June 2002
URL: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/doc_centre/criminal/doc/com_2005_063_en.pdf (дата обращения: 26.09.2011).
from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council on the implementation since 2007 of the Council framework decision of 13 June 2002 on the European Arrest Warrant and the surrender procedures between Member States, Brussels 11.4.2011 COM (2011) 175 final.
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
Local border traffic (LBT) is a tool for cooperation between the EU member states and neighbouring countries. It emerged as a measure to mitigate the barrier effect of the EU’s external border. In 2006, the European Parliament authorised the EU member states to conclude bilateral agreements on a simplified border crossing regime in border areas. This article analyses local border traffic as a cross-border cooperation tool. The territory described in the study includes ...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
..., Imagined Communities: Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism, London.
23. Babilčiūtė, L. 2015, Amoralūs bandymai perrašyti istoriją, Geopolitika, available at: www.geopolitika.lt/?artc=7179 (accessed 28.02.2015).
24. European Parliament resolution on the sixtieth anniversary of the end of the Second World War in Europe on 8 May 1945, 2005, European Parliament, available at: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=TA&reference=P6-TA-2005-0180&language=EN&ring=B6-2005-0290 ...
Supranational Policy of Migrant Integration in the EU
... European Commission, available at: http://www.es.gov.lv/latvia-in-the-european-union (accessed: 15.01.2014).
7. Blau, I., Duncan, O. D. 2007, The American Occupational Structure, N. Y.
8. Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the European Economic and Social committee and the Committee of the Regions— A Common Agenda for Integration — Framework for the Integration of Third-Country Nationals in the European Union, 2005, COM, no. 0389 final, available at: URL: ...
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
..., Makarychev, A. S. (eds.) 2013, Rossija i Germanija v prostranstve evropejskih kommunikacij [Russia and Germany in the European Space Communications], Tyumen, Tyumen State University Publishing.
3. Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. Brussels, 23.3.2012, 2012, COM, 128 final, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docoffic/official/communic/baltic/com_baltic_2012_en....
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
... European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument], available at: http://eu.baltic.net/redaktion/ download.php?id=1107&type=file (accessed 2 June 2012).
11. Commission Staff Working Paper. Appendix to the report of the Commission, addressed the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea, 2009, Action Plan, Brussels, SEC,712/2, available at: http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/russia/documents/eu_russia/action_plan_ru....
Different forms of parliamentarism and the factors determining the variations
...,cabinet-parliamentary, parliamentary-presidential and parliamentary-committee. It is, thus, an internally diversified system. It is influenced by a number of factors, among others, the type of party system, the way of granting the non-confidence vote and dissolving the parliament, as well as the scope of so called delegated legislation.In contemporary parliamentary democracies aspirations to strengthen executives can be observed.
1. Antoszewski, А. 1999. Studies on Political Theories, Vol. 1.
2. Antoszewski, А.,...
The remaking of geopolitical space and institutional transformations: the case of the Baltic Region
... 2013, Germanization, Polonization, and Russification in the partitioned lands of Poland-Lithuania, Nationalities Papers, vol. 41, no. 5, p. 815—838. doi:
33. Koenigsberger, H. G. 1978, Monarchies and Parliaments in Early Modern Europe. “Dominium Regale” or “Dominium Politicum et Regale”, Theory and Society, vol. 5, no. 2, p. 191—217.
34. Elliott, J. H. 1992, A Europe of Composite Monarchies, Past & Present, no. 137, p. 48—71, available ...
Origins and historical background of German federalism
The number of federal states in the modern world is extremely small. The Federal Republic of Germany is the largest and most famous federation in Europe. However, German democracy and German federalism are often perceived as externally imposed political values as a result of the country's defeat in World War II. Such an attitude needs revising. Of course, Germany did not have the same deep tradition of parliamentarism as France or Great Britain, or federalism like the United States of America, but...
The concept “people” in the Cadet Party rhetoric
... political value for the Cadet party. The author correlates this concept with such notions relevant for the Party as society, nation, and nationality. The author examines the relations of “people” with the authorities, the state, the Cadet Party, the Parliament, and humanity. Special attention is paid to the evolution of cadets’ understanding of the concept “people” in connection with social processes, the development of the political crisis and revolutions of 1905—1907 and 1917. The author ...
Was heißt Fortschritt im Wissen? Gnoseotopische Überlegungen zur Aufklärung und ihren Folgen
.... 1978, Über die Frage: was heißt aufklären? , in: Bahr, E. (hg.), Was ist Aufklärung? Thesen und Definitionen. Stuttgart, S. 3—8.
Milton, J. 1999, Areopagitica. A Speech of Mr. John Milton for the Liberty of Unlicenc’d Printing to the Parliament of England , in: Milton, J., Areopagitica and other Political Writings. Foreword by J. Alvis. Indianapolis, pp. 3—51.
Milton, J. 1851, John Milton’s Areopagitica. Eine Rede für die Preßfreiheit an das Parlament von England. 1644....
Party system nationalization in Estonia
This article explores the Estonian ‘integration’ project, which was launched in the early 1990s to bridge the differences between ethnic Estonians and ethnic Russians by assimilating the latter with the former. Since the project will soon turn thirty, it is timely to ask whether it has been a success. This article employs Grigorii Golosov’s index of political party nationalization to understand whether the ‘integration’ project has helped to narrow the ideological divide between ethnic Estonians...
Contacts with Diasporas and Diaspora Organisations as a Key to a Successful Migrant Integration Policy in the EU
We analyse European Commission and European Parliament documents — directives, communications, conclusions, recommendations — and best practices for EU member states’ international projects focusing on migrant integration in both the EU states and the countries of origin. Special emphasis ...
The pattern of electromagnetic fields of industrial frequency in the central area of Kaliningrag city
... электромагнитных полей. М., 2004.
9. Яковлева М. И. Физиологические механизмы действия электромагнитных полей. Л., 1973.
10. Directive 2004/40/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the Minimum Health and Safety Requirements Regarding the Exposure of Workers to the Risks Arising from Physical Agents (Electromagnetic Fields) // Official Journal of the European Union, L184. 2004....
Investigation of Criminal Cases Done in the Field of Circulation of Digital Financial Assets
... Проект федерального закона № 419059-7 «О цифровых финансовых активах» // Система обеспечения законодательной деятельности : [сайт]. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.11.2019).
11. О внесении изменений в части первую, вторую и статью 1124 части третьей Гражданского кодекса Российской ...
The political debate on the change of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland after the parliamentary elections of 2015
In 1997, the Constitution of the Republic of Poland was adopted. Since then, constitutional disputes have continued in Poland. After the 2015 elections, they sharpened. In addition, Polish President Andrzej Duda proposed a change to the Constitution of the Republic of Poland. This initiated a political debate on constitutional matters. They are the subject of the article. Moreover, the most important current constitutional dilemmas were analyzed. The current constitutional debate refers both...
Antecedents to the idea of constitutional control in the French legal thought of the Enlightenment
In this article, I consider the institution of constitutional control and its development during the Enlightenment. I stress that enlighteners thoroughly disapproved of French parliaments as forerunners of modern bodies of constitutional justice and explain why this was the case. In an early modern state, conditions for constitutional control and its very possibility were viewed in conjunction with the principles of sovereignty ...
On interpreting the legal category “form of government” (the case of Russia and Kazakhstan)
The article justifies the need to clarify the true content of such a fundamental legal category as the “form of government”, since, so far, neither scientifically nor at the practical level, there hasn’t been given any unambiguous interpretation. The authors point to one of the typical conceptual errors in elucidating the content of this category, admitted by some legal theorists: the essence of the “form of government of the presidential republic” concept is interpreted with descriptors of a political...
Knowing humanity without knowing the human being: The structure of polemic in Kant’s political argumentation
... Relations]. Irkutsk.
15. Penn, W. 1963, Opyt o nastojashhem i budushhem mire v Evrope putem sozdanija evropejskogo Kongressa, Parlamenta ili Palaty gosudarstv [An Essay towards the Present and Future Peace of Europe by the Establishment of a European Dyet, Parliament or Estates], in:. Traktaty o vechnom mire. Sost. I. S. Andreeva i A. V. Gulyga [Treatises about perpetual peace. Ed. by I. S. Andreeva and A. V. Gulyga]. М.
16. Rousseau, J.-J. 1963, Suzhdenie o vechnom mire [Judgment on Perpetual Peace], ...
Certain issues of correlation between the international financial law and the EU law
(дата обращения: 18.09.2017).
23. English Oxford Living Dictionaries. URL:
(дата обращения: 18.09.2017)
24. Regulation (EU) No 575/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 on prudential requirements for credit institutions and investment firms and amending Regulation (EU) No 648/2012// OJ L 176, 27.6.2013. P. 1.
25. Лифшиц И. М. Феномен Standard Setting Bodies ...
Administrative resource at the elections to the State Duma of the third convocation in the North-Western provinces of Russia
The article analyzes the administrative control over the elections to the State Duma of the third convocation of the Russian Empire in the Northwestern provinces. The local and central administration employed a wide variety of methods. The electoral legislation was radically changed (the provision on elections to the State Duma of June 3, 1907); the government removed unreliable candidates, supported loyalists, instructed officials of all levels, and organized campaigns in the press. In the Northwestern...
Environmental aspect of the current Arctic Strategy of Sweden
(дата обращения: 21.12.2016).
12. Heininen L. Arctic Strategies and Policies: Inventory and Comparative Study.Akureyri, 2012.
13. Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Council. An integrated European Union policy for the Arctic // European Union External Action. URL:
(дата обращения: ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
. (accessed 24.01.2017).
8. Räikkönen, Ju., Honkanen, A. 2015, The Helsinki-Tallinn tunnel — possibilities for Finnish and Estonian tourism, Baltic Rim Economies, no. 4, p. 33.
9. The European cycle route network EuroVelo, 2012, European Parliament's Committee on Transport and Tourism, European Union, Brussels, p. 190.
10. The official Central and Eastern European Greenways website, available at:
Political Parties and the Information Policy of the Norwegian Broadcasting Company at the end of XX century
The author analyses the influence of parliamentary political parties on the nature of the information policy and institutional position of the Norwegian TV and Radio Company at the end of the twentieth century. The issues of overcoming the monopoly in the market of information services and its commercialization are considered. The author describes the main milestones of the political discussion on restricting market mechanisms of providing access to information.
1. Hagensen F.-O. Tollersrød, Tore...
3.0 University: legislative framework for innovative entrepreneurship
. (дата обращения: 15.07.2016).
24. Clark B. R. Creating Entrepreneurial Universities: Organizational Pathways of Transformation. N. Y., 1998.
25. Communication from the commission to the european parliament, the council, the european economic and social committee and the committee of the regions entrepreneurship 2020. Action plan. URL:
(дата обращения: 13.02.2017).
26. Dees J. G. The meaning of social entrepreneurship ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
Regional brands have become a valuable intangible asset and a crucial competitive resource for forging partnerships. An effective place branding policy is impossible without a precise understanding of the interests of stakeholder groups. It is essential to realize that each region is unique in its own way. Territories differ in the structure of stakeholders, their influence on regional development, and the range of leverages over regional decision-makers. This study aims to give a more precise definition...
The English Theme on the Pages of N. M. Karamzin's Messenger of Europe (Vestnik Yevropy) in 1802—1803
... В. П. Англия глазами русских // Россия и Запад. 1996. № 6.
England, the Messenger of Europe (Vestnik of Europe) journal, N. M. Karamzin, British rivalry with France, the Threaty of Amiens, debates in the British Parliament, maritime superiority of Britain, England’s world trade
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
A critical analysis of Hanseatic traditions may produce consequential methodological material for the study of the 21st century Baltic regionalisation. Current trends in the development of the Baltic region, whose academic analysis is impossible without considering earlier cases of successful interactions between the peoples of the Baltic Sea region, necessitate political, economic, and historical research on the strengths and weaknesses of the Hanseatic League. Unfortunately, in the 21st century...