The intensity of population movements through the Russian- Polish border after the suspension of the local border traffic mechanism: 2016 outcomes
... о порядке местного приграничного передвижения // Европейское обозрение общественных наук. 2014. Т. 1, № 2. С. 6—24.
14. Regulation (EC) № 1931/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 laying down rules on local border traffic at the external land borders of the Member States and amending the provisions of the Schengen Convention. URL:
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... “University GIS network” in Russia, Limnologica — Ecology and Management of Inland Waters, Vol. 29, no. 3, p. 332—334. DOI: 10.1016/S0075-9511(99)80024-3.
15. Research works ordered by the Committee of culture and formation of the European Parliament for 2015, 2015, available at:
%29540370_EN.pdf (accessed 15.12.2015).
16. POMOR Newsletter, no. 5, p. 15, available at:
Norway’s International Development Assistance Policy in the Current International Environment: Mechanisms of Justification
... Michelsen Institute, 2015, Bergen, 2 June, available at: https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/speech_cmi/id2415355/ (accessed 29.10.2015)
12. M. Latek The challenge of coordinating EU development policies. Fragmentation, a disaster? 2015, European Parliament Research Service, January, 28 p.
13. NORAD, 2014, The Oil for Development Programme. Annual report, available at: https://www.norad.no/globalassets/publikasjoner-2015-/oil-for-developmentannual-report-2015.pdf (accessed 16.12.2015).
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... Parlamenta i Soveta ES ot 20 dekabrja 2006 g. o pravilah mestnogo prigranichnogo peredvizhenija na vneshnih suhoputnyh granicah gosudarstv-chlenov i ob izmenenii polozhenij Shengenskoj konvencii» ["Regulation (EC) № 1931/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on the rules of the local border traffic at the external land borders of the Member States and to amend the provisions of the Schengen Convention"], 2006, available at: http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ....
The features of talkativity implementation in the political online discourse (a case study of personal websites of members of the British parliament)
This paper introduces and describes the concept of "talkativity" that is based on the identification of a specific set of conceptual features — the use of colloquial speech, spontaneity, formal situation, and the stability of subject matter.
. Интернет-дискурс как глобальное межкультурное явление и его языковое оформление: автореф. дис. ...д-ра филол. наук. М...
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... Shipyard to Russian Ownership, Arctech, available at: http://arctech.fi/arctech-helsinki-shipyard-to-russian-ownership/ (accessed 30.12.2014).
2. Bakowski, P. 2011, Russian organized crime: The EU perspective, Library Briefing, Library of the European Parliament, 04.03.2011.
3. BP Statistical Review of World Energy, 2006, British Petroleum, June 2006.
4. BP Statistical Review of World Energy, 2014, British Petroleum, June 2014.
5. Bulatov, A. S. 1998, Russian Direct Investment Abroad: Main Motivations ...
The EU Vs. Russia: Legal Nature and Implementation of the Union’s Restrictive Measures
8. Council Regulation (EU) No 833/2014 of 31 July 2014 concerning restrictive measures in view of Russia's actions destabilising the situation in Ukraine, 2014, OJ, L 229, 31.07.2014, p. 1—11.
9. Regulation (EC) No 1987/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on the establishment, operation and use of the second generation Schengen Information System (SIS II), 2006, OJ, L 381, 28.12.2006, p. 4—23.
10. Gudkov, I. 2014, Sankcii ES v otnoshenii Rossii: nejeffektivnost' ...
Latvia in the System of European Territorial Security: a View from the Inside and Outside
This article focuses on Latvian contribution to European security, which, for the purposes of this study, is understood as a territorial system of regional security. Such system is a combination of interconnected institutions with Latvian participation operating in the field of security, Latvian cooperation with other European countries in the field of security, and the European perception of major security challenges and threats (that Latvia may or may not agree with). A systemic approach to studying...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... stoletii [Features of maritime activities in modern conditions and assessment of the negative effects from rising sea levels in the XXI century], candidate dissertation thesis, St. Petersburg.
19. Сommunication from the Сommission to the European parliament, the council, the European economic and social committee and the committee of the regions. An Integrated Maritime Policy for the European Union. Brussels, 2007, 10 October, COM, 575 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ....
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... parlamenta i Soveta ot 20 dekabrja 2006 g. ob ustanovlenii pravil v otnoshenii malogo pogranichnogo dvizhenija na vneshnih suhoputnyh granicah gosudarstv-chlenov i ob izmenenii polozhenij Shengenskoj konvencii [Regulation (EC) № 1931/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on the establishment of rules on local border traffic at the external land borders of the Member States and to amend the provisions of the Schengen Convention], 2006, Evropejskij Sojuz i Rossija. Zakonodatel'stvo ...
Cross-border Tourism in the Russian Northwest: General Trends and Features of Development
... European Union L 405, 12-30-2006. URL: http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:405:0001:0022:EN:PDF.Цит. по: Кретинин Г., Осташкова Т. Указ. соч.
22. Regulation (EC) No 562/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 15 March 2006 establishing a Community Code on the rules governing the movement of persons acrossborders (Schengen Borders Code), Official Journal ofthe European Union L 105, 13-04-2006. URL:http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ....
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... Development, Boston, Little, Brown and Co.
17. Dogan, М., Higley, J. 1998, Elites, Crises, and the Origins of Regimes, Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Boulder CO.
18. Matonyte, I. 2009, Ex-nomenklatura and Ex-dissidents in the Post-communist Parliaments of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, Viesoji politika ir administravimas, no. 29, p. 28—39.
19. Steen, A. 1997, The New Elites in the Baltic States: Recirculation and Change, Scandinavian Political Studies, Bind 20 (New Series), no....
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
....gasum.com/gasnetwork/Documents/Balticconnector%20-%20Executive%20Summary%20Report%20-%2010022011.pdf (accessed 11 March 2013).
7. Cohesion Policy 2014—2020: Investing in growth and jobs, 2011, Luxembourg.
8. Directive 2009/73/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas and repealing Directive 2003/55/EC, 2009, Official Journal of the European Union, 14.8.2009, available at: eur-lex.europa.eu (accessed 19 April ...
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
This article studies the process of transformation of the Swedish political party system in the 1980s. The study aims to develop a typology of the Swedish political party system before and after the transformation processes commenced. The article identifies the key prerequisites for such transformation: the crisis of social democracy and an increase in the nationalist attitudes in the society caused by the negative repercussions of the system of integration of migrants into the society based on the...
Political reconsideration of the Soviet past: attitudes and actions of the Lithuanian elites
... 2006, Why the Notion of Social Justice is Quasi-Absent from the Public Discourse in Post-Communist Lithuania, Journal of Baltic Studies, Vol. XXXVII, no. 4, p. 388—411.
8. Matonyte, I. 2009, Ex-nomeklatura and ex-dissidents in the post-communist Parliaments of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, Viesoji politika ir administravimas, no. 29, p. 28—40.
9. Matonyte, I. 2013, «Elites» Games in the Field of Memory: Insights from Lithuania’. In: Mink, G. Neumayer, L. (eds.) History, Memory ...
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
... and the assessment of convergence processes (GDP per capita at purchasing power parity) in the EU regions of NUTS-1, -2, -3 levels in 1995 -2009/2010 help demonstrate the efficiency of these efforts.
1. Regulation (EC) No 1059/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 May 2003, on the establishment of a common classification of territorial units for statistics (NUTS), available at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/nomenclatures/index. cfm? (accessed 25 February 2013).
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... 81, 21.3.2001.
18. Agreement between the European Union and the Federative Republic of Brazil on short-stay visa waiver for holders of ordinary passports, 2012, Official Journal, L 255, 21.09.2012.
19. Regulation (EU) No 1091/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 amending Council Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 listing the third countries whose nationals must be in possession of visas when crossing the external borders and those whose nationals are exempt from that ...
The Vilnius issue in international relations: the historiography of the problem
This article considers certain historiographical aspects of the Vilnius issue as an international problem. The author analyses the origins of the Polish-Lithuanian conflict, the role of the struggle for Vilnius in the general context of the Polish-Lithuanian confrontation, and the origin and nature of Lithuanian nationalism. The article also examines historiographical perspectives on the seizure of Vilnius by the troops of the Polish general, L. Żeligowsky, and the international consequences of...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... rules], Mosty [Bridges], no. 1, March, available at: http://ictsd.org/i/news/bridgesrussian/73037/ (accessed 04 October 2011).
6. Komitet Evroparlamenta odobril proekt rekomendacij po dal'nejshej jenergopolitike ES v svete gazovogo krizisa [The European Parliament approved the draft recommendations for future EU energy policy in the light of the gas crisis], 2009, Ukroil. com. ua, available at: http://www.ukroil.com.ua/news/print/20010.html (accessed 10 October 2011).
7. Stafford, J. 2010, The Myth Of ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... Istorija. Algirdo Brazausko ir Vytauto Landsbergio istorija sampratos [Politics and History. Algirdas Brazauskas and Vytautas Landsbergis history of the concept], Vilnius.
11. Matonyte, I. 2009, Ex-nomenklatura and Ex-dissidents in the Post-communist Parliaments of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, Viesoji politika ir administravimas [Public Policy and Administration], no. 29, p. 28—39.
12. Matonyte, I. 2008, (Liberal) mass media and the (multi) party system in post-communist Lithuania, Central ...
The visa aspects of the academic mobility between the Russian Federation and the European Union: the experience of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
... «Konsul'tantPljus » [Legal-reference system «Adviser Plus»].
7. Reglament (ES) № 810/209 Evropejskogo parlamenta i soveta ot 13 ijulja 2009 g., ustanavlivajuwego Kodeks Soobwestva o vizah (Vizovyj kodeks) [Regulation (EC) № 810/209 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 establishing a Community Code on Visas (Visa Code)], Pravo Evropejskogo sojuza [European Union law], available at: http://eulaw. ru/content/visa-code (accessed 12 November 2010).
Zhukovsky Igor, Troitskaya ...
The Northern Dimension policy: current state and development prospects
... docs/mou_culture_0510_en.pdf> (Accessed 22 July 2010).
23. Northern Dimension Institute // NDI official website. 2010. [online] Available at: <http://www.ndinstitute.org> (Accessed 22 July 2010).
24. Regulation (EC) 1638/2006 of the European Parliament and the of the Council of 24 October 2006, laying down general provisions establishing a European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument. 2006. Official Journal of the European Union, 9.11.2006, L310.
25. The Second Northern Dimension Action ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Educational co-operation is one of the main aspects of the regional political agenda in the Baltic Sea Region. The article analyzes the political impact of the organizations, as perceived by the universities in the region and political decision-makers on national and regional levels. Based on the success of the OECD in becoming an influential actor in educational policies, this article discusses different strategies for the regional political organizations to enhance their influence.
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... July 2001.
Long Term Perspective for the Territorial Development of the Baltic Sea Region. Background Synthesis Document, Riga/Vilnius
of the European Communities: Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions
concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region.
COM(2009) 248 final. Brussels, 2009.
(Helsinki Commission). The Baltic Sea Action ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
... справиться с постройкой Игналинской АЭС-2 // ПОЛИТ. РУ
. 2009. 3
: http://www.polit. ru/economy/2009/03/03/agibalov.html
from the commission to the european parliament, the council, the european economic and social committee and the committee of the regions concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. Brussels, 10.6.2009 COM(2009) 248 final. P. 8 // European Commission. Regional Policy ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
Le autostrade dell’Artico, in Limes, Rivista italiana di geopolitica, Partita al Polo //
L’Espresso, Supplemento al. 2008. № 3.
of the European Communities, Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament,
Synergy. A new regional cooperation initiative.
COM(2007) 160 final. 2007,
Building security in
’s new borderlands, Subregional cooperation in the wider Europe,
From the idea to the strategy of Baltic Europe
Communication from the Commission, Orientations for a Union Approach towards the
Region, SEC(94) 1747.
Communication from the Commission,
Region Initiative, SEC(96) 6008.
European Parliament resolution on the future of the Northern Dimension, 16.11. 2005.
Hägerhäll B., 1980, International Cooperation to Protect the Baltic, Ambio, Vol. 9 No. 3—4.
Kołecka B, 1997, Rada Nordycka, Nordycka Rada ...