Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... to territorial sustainability. It also assesses the 2009—2018 level of the socio-economic development of the BSR coastal territories, underpins the importance of the blue economy and highlights the role of digital transformation in reaching the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the BSR through digitally-driven innovations. A comparative and problem-targeted statistics analyses show significant differences in the level and dynamics of socio-economic development in the BSR coastal territories with their ...
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
The article evaluates negative externalities of the electricity industry and possibilities for the sustainable development. The concept of negative externalities of the electricity industry and evaluation and internalization of the negative externalities are reviewed from the viewpoint of principles of environmental economics and sustainable development.
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
The concept of green growth and sustainable development is turning into a global ideology guiding the transformation of national economies. The focus is shifting from quantitative assessments of performance to rational choice conditions. Rationality is becoming the decisive factor behind sustainable ...
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
Sustainable development is a term that is widely used by politicians nowadays. The definition of the concept of sustainable development is constantly revised. Sustainable development is about promoting an integrated approach. It includes economic, social and environmental ...
On the indicators of sustainable territorial development
This article offers an overview of indicators proposed for the use at different territorial levels, including sustainable development indicators. The author emphasizes the prospects of the process of obtaining an integral sustainable development indicator.
1. Глазовский Н. Ф. Десять лет после Рио — итоги и перспективы ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
This article considers the main features of sustainable development of rural territories, identifies the factors of innovative entrepreneurship, and assesses their influence on the condition of rural economy. Special attention is paid to the analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural ...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... available at:
. eu/index.php/about/article/view/1933 (Accessed 31 August 2020).
11. Magalhaes, A. L., Andreoni, B., Santos, E. J. dos and Cristina, Y. 2014, The economy of sustainable tourism, International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, vol. 13, no. 4, p. 395—407. doi: 10.1504/IJESD.2014.064964.
12. Suhel, S., Bashir, A. 2018, The role of tourism toward economic growth in the local economy, Economic Journal of Emerging Markets, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 32—39, doi: 10.20885/ejem....
The development of bioeconomy of the Baltic Region in the context of regional and global climate change
... paper elaborates on actions that may facilitate the sustainability of bioeconomy in the region. It concludes that scientific collaboration across borders in the Baltic region can accelerate innovations to successfully adapt bioeconomy to climate change. Sustainable development of bioeconomy can provide considerable opportunities for mitigating climate change.
von Braun J., Mirzabaev A.
climate change, adaptation, mitigation, bioeconomy, geography, Baltic region, sustainable development
The indicators of sustainable development of rural territories: regional dimension
This article considers the methodological aspects of implementation of the rural area sustainable development concept in Russia. The authors show the advantages of indicative assessment of sustainable development at the regional level. The article presents a methodological approach to the development of sustainable development indicators for rural ...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... and features of growth-related differences to the administrative status, location, and economic specialisation of northwestern cities. The migration behaviour of the population and the geoeconomic position are shown to be the main indicators of the sustainable development of a city.
Anokhin A. A., Shelest K. D., Tikhonova M. A.
cities, urban population, Northwestern Federal District, city classification, population, city sustainability
Land Use Change and Economics of Land Degradation in the Baltic Region
... ZEF Working paper series, no. 109, Bonn, Germany.
2. Nkonya, E., Anderson, W., Kato, E., Koo, J., Mirzabaev, A., von Braun, J., Meyer, S. 2016. Global cost of land degradation / Economics of Land Degradation and Improvement, A Global Assessment for Sustainable Development Springer International Publishing, p. 117—165.
3. Winthner, T. Tlga, M., Valters, K. 2014, A Bioeconomy for the Baltic Sea Region: mapping fo stakeholders, practices and opportunities, Innogate and Nordic Council of Ministers, available ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... South-East Baltic Coastal-Border Regions, GTG: GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosities, no. 2, p. 118—128.
20. Strategy of Lithuania‘s Tourism Communication and Marketing 2009—2013, Valstybinis Turizmo departamentas prie LR Ūkio ministerijos, 155 p.
21. Sustainable Development Strategy of Latvia until 2030, 2010, Saeima of the Republic of Latvia, 107 p.
22. Unwin, T. 1996, Tourist Development in Estonia: Images, Sustainability and Integrated Rural Development, Tourism Management, Vol. 17, no. 4, p. 265—276.
Quality of Life and Environmental Safety as Sustainable Development Targets of the Kaliningrad Region
The article is dedicated to the main principles of the sustainable development concept and the life quality of the population of the Kaliningrad region. The authors outline four sets of objectives crucial for the socio-economic development of the region as well as their key functions.
21: Programme ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
... cultural heritage as a factor for development; 8) developing energy resources while maintaining safety; 9) encouragement of highquality, sustainable tourism. An efficiency analysis of these principles showed that the level of their application for ensuring sustainable development differs. It is a result of the significant differences in natural and socio-economic conditions of sustainable development in these countries, as well as different experiences and traditions in the space-time dimension. In most EU countries,...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... Doklad mezhuchrezhdencheskoj gruppy jekspertov po pokazateljam dostizhenija celej v oblasti ustojchivogo razvitija. OON. Jekonomicheskij i social'nyj sovet. 47 sessija [Report of the inter-agency expert group on indicators of achievements in the field of sustainable development. UN. The Economic and Social Council. 47 session], 2016, 8—11 March, E/CN.3/2016/2, 46 p.
13. Korchagina, Е. V. 2012, Analiz i ocenka ustojchivogo razvitija socio-jekologo-jekonomicheskih sistem [Analysis and evaluation of sustainable ...
The assessment of the groundwater resource sustainability in the European part of Russia
... as the results of such assessment for different territories of the country ranging from a federal district or a region to an artesian basin. The assessment was carried out with the help of the system of indicators and indexes of groundwater resource sustainability under the influence of groundwater withdrawal developed by the author.
Оценка устойчивости ресурсов подземных вод пограничных регионов России к антропогенной нагрузке // Водоочистка,...
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
... [Independent Ecological Rating Agency], available at: http://nera.biodat.ru/ecoind/ (accessed 17 May 2012).
16. Sostojalsja kruglyj stol «Indeks ustojchivogo razvitija — Buduwee social'no otvetstvennogo investirovanija v Rossii» [Round table «Index of Sustainable Development — The Future of socially responsible investing in Russia»], 2011, Rossijskij sojuz promyshlennikov i predprinimatelej [The Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs], 21.07.2011, available at: http://рспп.рф/news/view/987 ...
Geoecological indicators for sustainable regional development
This article discusses the issue of sustainable development of Russian territories. Using the domain-indicator approach to the Kaliningrad region, the author developed a set of geo-ecological indicators focusing on the improvement of ecological situation in the region.
1. Бобылев С. Н. Индикаторы ...
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
14. Joppa, L. 2012, Population Change in and around Protected Areas, Journal of Ecological Anthropology, vol. 15, no. 1, p. 58—64. doi:
15. Anokhin, A., Kropinova, E. 2020, Principles of Sustainable Development for Rural Tourism Synergy, E3S Web of Conferences, vol. 208, no. 05017. doi:
16. Kriaučiūnas, E. 2013, Lietuvos kaimo gyvenviečių tinklo kaitos ypatumai 1989—2011 metais, Kaimo raidos kryptys ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... those of other European countries. The Baltics depend heavily on EU financial support. An increase in funding will contribute to the implementation of circular economy technologies.
1. Avramenko, A. A., Gorbachev-Fadeev, M. A. 2015, Cyclic economy, Sustainable development and the “green” economy [Ustoichivoe razvitie i «zelenaya» ekonomika], no. 71, p. 23—34. (In Russ.)
2. Mashukova, B. S. 2016, Basic principles of the cyclical economy (economy of a closed cycle), European Science, Vol. 17, no. 7, p....
The territorial cohesion as the basis for a balanced territorial policy in the Kaliningrad region
... IzR 8.2010, Ed.: BBSR]. [online] Available at: <http://www.bbsr. bund. de/cln_016/nn_139382/BBSR/EN/Publications/IzR/2010/Issue8.html> (Accessed
20 January 2010).
regional development, spatial policy, territorial cohesion, sustainable development, Kaliningrad region, Baltic Sea Region, European Union
Sustainable development of coastal territories as a basis for integrated management of coastal zones
... capacity’ and its role in the integral management of coastal zones. The term ‘coastal territory’ and its management are considered from the perspective of the Russian and several foreign legislations. Special attention is paid to the concept of sustainable development and the need to apply its key provisions in strategic planning and the integral management of coastal zones.
1. Арманд А. Д. Самоорганизация и саморегулирование географических систем....
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... vozdeystviyam [GIS support for vulnerability assessment of natural systems to anthropogenic influences], InterKarto-InterGIS-18: Ustoychivoye razvitiye territoriy: teoriya GIS i prakticheskiy opyt. Materialy mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii [InterCarto-InterGIS-18: Sustainable Development of Territories: GIS Theory and practical experience. Proceedings of the international conference], Smolensk, p. 318-322.
9. Zotov, S. I., Pokrovskiy, A. V., Kesoretskikh, I. I., Zotov, I. S. 2013, Znachimost' rel'yefa dlya otsenki uyazvimosti ...
"The Baltic University" programme on the eve of its 20th anniversary
This article is dedicated to the Baltic University programme — a unique educational project aiming at the sustainable development of the Baltic Sea region. International interuniversity cooperation facilitates intercultural communication between students and researchers, and creates new prospects for joint research, which opens up an opportunity for solving common environmental ...
Sustainable tourism as an alternative development path for coastal towns: The case of the Kaliningrad region
The authors present a function-based typology of towns located on the coast of the Kaliningrad/Vistula Lagoon. It is shown that the recreational function of these towns is either poorly developed or absent, which complicates the sustainable development of coastal territories. Grade-based assessment makes it possible to identify factors both facilitating and hindering the recreational development of coastal towns. Towns with the highest recreational potential are identified.
1. Актуальные ...
The «Lithuania-Poland-Russia» neighbourhood programme in the framework of the formation of the cross-border tourism region in the South-eastern Baltic and the promotion of the sustainable development of the territory
... Russia: 2007—2013» programme being drawn up in 2010 identify tourism development as one of priorities, which does not only contribute to the increase in competitive advantages of the participating territories but also facilitates the formation and sustainable development of the cross-border region of the South-eastern Baltic.
Cooperation Programme Lithuania — Poland — Russia 2017—2013. URL
,1,7 (дата обращения: 22.06.2010).
Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
... named after D. S. Likhachev, Moscow, Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences, p. 478—488.
Anokhin A. Yu., Kropinova E. G., Spiriajevas E.
geotourism, geo-heritage, ecotourism, sustainable development, tourist trail design methodology, Curonian Spit, protected areas, geological and geomorphological resources, Kaliningrad region, transboundary studies
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Mediterranean Urban Regions: Demographic Trends and Socioeconomic Implications, Romanian journal of regional science, Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 74—83.
47. Salvati, L., Forino, G. 2014, A ‘laboratory’ of landscape degradation: social and economic implications for sustainable development in peri-urban areas, Innovation and Sustainable Development, Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 232—249.
48. Salvati, L., Zitti, M. 2007, Territorial disparities, natural resource distribution, and land degradation: a case study in southern Europe, Geojournal,...
Sustainable development of the Baltic Sea Region
Sustainable development and territorial planning
Socioeconomic aspects of sustainable territorial development
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Tomsk State University], no. 356, p. 135—139.
11. Mingaleva, Zh. А., Gershanok, G. А. 2012, Ustojchivoe razvitie regiona: innovacii, jekonomicheskaja bezopasnost', konkurentosposobnost' [Sustainable development
of the region: innovation, economic security, competitiveness], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy], no. 3, p. 68—77.
12. Voloshenko, K. Yu., Gimbitsky, K. K., Kuznetsova, A. L., Fedorov, G. M. 2015, Modelirovanie regional'noj sistemy ...
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... Geography], no. 4, p. 64—72 (in Russ.).
10. Pysz, J. K., Cargnin, A. P., Lemos, B., Rückert, A. 2020, The Assessment of the INTERREG VA Program: Support for the Polish-Slovak Cross-Border Projects.In: Cross-Border Cooperation (CBC) Strategies for Sustainable Development. doi: 10.4018/978-1-7998-2513-5.ch003.
11. Shorokhov, E. A., Gromov, V. V., Chervyakov, O. V., Shlyamin, V. A. Shorokhov E. A., Gromov V. V., Chervyakov O. V., Shlyamin V. A. 2001, Mezhdunarodnyi opyt razvitiya turizma v rossiiskoi chasti ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya [World Economy and International Relations], no. 4, p. 48—59, available at:
17. Council of the Baltic Sea States Strategy on Sustainable Development 2010—2015, 2011, The International Permanent Secretariat of Council of the the Baltic Sea States, available at:
. pdf (accessed 15.04.2016).
18. Shlapeko, Е. А. 2012, The ...
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg has a special mission in delivering national development priorities, ensuring sustainable economic growth, and commercializing R&D. This necessitates research on the situation in the corporate sector, including investment potential and propensity to invest. The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies ...
Urban Development Programme of the Kaliningrad Region
The development of the architectural and urban planning policy in the Kaliningrad region requires the elaboration of a long-term strategy based on the principles of sustainable development. This strategy aims at creating a favourable living environment and achieving a balance of economic, social and environmental interests.
Градостроительный кодекс РФ от 29 декабря 2004 г. № 190-ФЗ ...
The groundwater monitoring in the Novgorod region in the system of regional nature management
... quantitative forecast of groundwater condition and properties.From the perspective of rational Nature management, the leading ecological function of underground hydrosphere is carried out by fresh underground waters. Rational Nature management underlies the sustainable development of the Northwest region, which is economically viable for the European territory of the country.
1. Shebesta, A. A., Shebesta, E. A. 2005. Vestnik SPbGU, Ser. 7, № 3, pp. 75—86.
2. Ostroumova, S. A., Vasina, G. G. 2010. Informacionnyj ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... amid geoeconomic uncertainty, in this case, in the conditions of the crisis of 2014—2016, brought about by both external and internal factors. I employ the concept of the triad of regional economic competitiveness, regional economic security, and sustainable regional socio-economic development. I believe that this triad does not only demonstrate the logic of the current and prospective development of a Russian region but also highlights weaknesses and opportunities for future development. The competitiveness of Saint Petersburg ...
The effectiveness of the Latvian education system assessed by the population
... zinātnes ministrija, Augstākās izglītības un zinātnes departaments. Rīga. [online]. Available at: <http://izm. izm. gov. lv/registri-statistika/statistika-augstaka/parskats-2009.html/> [Accessed 06 Juni 2010]
2007. Education and Sustainable Development: First Steps Toward Change, vol. 2. Daugavpils, pp. 241—263.
Riegel, K. F.
1975. Adult life crises: A dialectical interpretation of development. New York.
Rogers, C. R.
1959. A theory of therapy, personality and interpersonal ...
Regional Geographic Information Systems of Health and Environmental Monitoring
... of the environment], Moscow, 76 p. (In Russ.)
2. Arhipova, I. V., Veduhina, V. G. 2011. Ekology-geografical mapping in townplanning design of municipal level, InterKarto/InterGIS-17, Ustojchivoe razvitie territorij: teoriya GIS i prakticheskij opyt [Sustainable development of territories: theory of GIS and practical experience], Barnaul, p. 254—258. (In Russ.)
3. Vladimirov, V. A. 2002. Ocenka riska i upravlenie tekhnogennoj bezopasnost'yu [Assessment of risk and management of tekhnogenny safety], Moscow, ...
Assessment of the Socio-economic Development of Russian Regions: an Overview of Approaches
... parameters – the subject of assessment, frequency, tools, specific methodology, and others. The authors stress the necessity of a more systemic approach to assessing the socio-economic development of the Russian Federation based on the principles of sustainable development.
1. Социально-экономические показатели РФ в 1991—2016 гг. URL:
statistics/publications/catalog/doc_1270707126016 (дата обращения: ...
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
... planning in the public sector: Linking strategic management and performance, Public Administration Review, vol. 70, s. 1, p. s246-s254. doi:
5. Deslatte, A., Stokan, E. 2019, Hierarchies of need in sustainable development: A resource dependence approach for local governance, Urban Affairs Review, vol. 55, no. 4, p. 1125—1152. doi:
6. Thomas, M. B., Fay, D. L., Berry, F. S. 2020, Strategically Marketing Florida’s ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... Institute of Management and Economics], no. 1(19), available at:
. (accessed 29.03.2017). (in Russ.)
10. Blancard, S., Hoara,u J. F. 2013, A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: a reappraisal from data envelopment analysis, Economic Modelling. Vol. 30, p. 623—635. DOI:
11. Boer, L., Koekkoek, A. 1993, Human development ...
Information resource for corporate reporting for the innovative attractiveness of business
... применения в России // Инновационное развитие экономики. 2014. № 5 (22). С. 31—37.
Kirkach Yu. N., Sharovatova E. A.
corporate sustainability reporting, indicators, integrated reporting, reporting on sustainable development
Features of the development of an individual educational trajectory in the framework of cluster approach
... mechanical engi¬neering can solve most urgent problems. The author identifies the features of and makes recommendations for the development of an individual educational trajectory.
1. Винокуров М. А. Модернизация высшего и ... ... образование в России. 2008. № 1. С. 3—11.
11. Brundiers K., Wiek A., Redman C. L. Real-world Learning Opportunities in Sustainability: from Classroom into the Real World // International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. 2010. Vol. ...
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... Warming of 1.5 °C. IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty. URL:
. ipcc.ch/pdf/session48/pr_181008_P48_spm_ru.pdf (дата обращения: 10.08.2019).
16. Habitat U. N. The city prosperity initiative: 2015 global city report, 2015. URL:
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... Ganzei, S. S. 2008, Transgranichnye territorii: problemy ustojchivogo prirodopol'zovanija [Cross-border territories: problems of sustainable nature], Vladivostok, Dal'nauka, 216 p.
11. Mirzekhanova, D. G. 2013, Formirovanie turisticheskogo produkta v predelah ... ... turizma mezhdu Respublikoj Pol'sha i Kaliningradskoj oblast'ju Rossijskoj Federacii [Influence of local border traffic on the development of cross-border tourism between the Republic of Poland and the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation], Nauka ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... Chernykhovsk. A comparison with the other constituent entities of the Northwestern federal district proved that the level of social wellbeing of Kaliningrad rural municipalities is rather high and most of them have made the transition from depression to sustainable development.
1. Federal'nyj zakon ot 06.10.2003 № 131-FZ «Ob obshhih principah organizacii mestnogo samoupravlenija v Ros-sijskoj Federacii» [Federal Law of 06.10.2003 № 131-FZ
«On General Principles of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation»]....
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... that of aligning stakeholders' interests in interfirm networking.
1. Alvarez G., Pilbeam C., Wilding R. Nestlé Nespresso AAA sustainable quality program: an investigation into the governance dynamics in a multi-stakeholder supply chain network // Supply ... ... Vol. 58, № 4. P. 1—15.
3. Bek N. N., Bek M. A., Sheresheva M. Y., Johnston W. Perspectives of SME innovation clusters development in Russia // Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing.2013. Vol. 28, № 3. P. 240—259.
4. Benson B. W., Davidson ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Butler J. E., Hansen G. S. Network evolution, entrepreneurial success, and regional development // Entrepreneurship and Regional Development. 1991. № 3 (1). P. 1—16.
17. Caramani D. Comparative Politics. Oxford University Press, 2017. P. 605.
18. Carayannis ... ....
19. Carayannis E. G., Rakhmatullin R. The Quadruple / Quintuple innovation helixes and smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe and beyond // J. of the Knowledge Economy. 2014. № 5 (2). P. 212—239.
20. Coenen ...