Social conflicts as seen by residents of Saint Petersburg: An empirical study
This article describes the attitudes of Saint Petersburg residents to social conflicts. The author analyses their assessments of danger associated with social tension in the Russian society. This tension becomes particularly pronounced during the time of economic, social, and political turbulence. The research aims to examine the existing threats and identify opportunities for reducing social tension. The article ...
The development of a Russian-Polish cross-border region: the role of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and the Tri-City (Gdansk—Gdynia—Sopot)
... of the Russian-Polish border were virtually non-existent. There were, however, favourable physical, geographical, economic, social, and ekistical conditions for the development of a cross-border region. Since the early 1990s, cooperation between administrative ... ... the development of Russian—Polish relations. Although the intensity of cross-border ties has decreased in recent years amid tensions between Russia and the West, there is hope that bilateral socio-economic benefits will encourage the restoration and ...
The ethno-political discourse of regional identity in former Yugoslavia: The Bosnian syndrome
... modern Bosnia and Herzegovina. The limitrophe ethnocentrism dominant in the regions of former Yugoslavia contributes to increased tension. It is assumed that all political problems of Bosnia and Herzegovina relate to the lack of a common identity, whereas ... ... Hacic-Vlahovic A. (De)Secularization in Bosnia-Herzegovina: an examination of religiosity trends in a multi-ethnic society // Amsterdam Social Science. 2008. № 1(1).
7. Тодоров Михайлов В. Балканы как пространство проблемной ...
Tolstoyan colonies in England in the late 1890s
... 1900—1945. L., 2000.
British Utopian Experiments 1325—1945. L., 2001.
The vegetarian movement in England, 1847—1981: a study in the structure of its ideology. URL
(дата обращения: 18.11.2010).
. Tension between Domestication and Foreignization In English-language Translations
f Anna Karenina. Edinburgh
Загадка влияния учения Л. Толстого на мировое сообщество
Russia’s political risk for the foreign investors: A special emphasis on Kaliningrad
EIU Country Report: Russia
, August, Economist Intelligence Unit, London, 2009.
. Tension escalates in the Northern Caucasus,
, August 26, 2009.
The Transformation of Russia’s ... ...
Kaliningrad: Gateway to Wider Europe,
Russia in Global Affairs
1, January-March, 2005.
Lankina T., Savrasov A.
Growing Social Protest in Russia,
Russian analytical digest
Foreigners Get Cash For ‘Strategic’ ...
Lithuania's Lonely Leadership 2.0.
... author, is still very much a subcontract one: it follows the model of “export democracy”, has a narrow agenda and is implicitly geared towards curtailing the influence of its eastern neighbor. The escalation of violence and further development of social and economic crisis in Ukrane make a European-style reform (where Lithuania is a selfproclaimed expert) even less relevant, and confrontational rhetoric towards Russia may lead to economic losses and contribute to rising political tension in the region.
1. Brunalas, B. 2011, Liderstvo Litvy v regione: vozmozhnosti malen'kih stran ES [Leadership of Lithuania in the region maybe a little EU], available at: http://www.geopolitika. lt/?artc=4751 (accessed 02.02.2015).
2. Gorlin, ...
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
... transformation: the crisis of social democracy and an increase in the nationalist attitudes in the society caused by the negative repercussions of the system of integration of migrants into the society based on the multiculturalism principles. The interethnic tension manifested itself in the wide support for the Swedish Democrats Party in the 2010 parliamentary election. From a political party system dominated by social democrats, the Swedish political party system turned into one with two leading parties – the centre-left Swedish Social Democratic Labour Party and the centre-right Moderate Party. The Swedish Democrats position themselves as an alternative to ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... Beresnevičiūtė, V. 2010, Ethnic Structure, Inequality and Governance of the Public Sector in Lithuania, Ethnicity Studies, Lithuanian Social Research Centre, Eugrimas, no. 1—2.
11. Kasatkina, N., Leončikas, T. 2003, Lietuvos etninių grupių adaptacija: kontekstas ... ... Normality, Latvijas Universitātes Raksti, 663, sēj, Rīga.
16. Shtromas, A. 1994, The Baltic States as Soviet Republics: Tensions and Contradictions. In: Smith, Gr. (ed.) The Baltic States. The National Self-Determination of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania,...
Elitist reasons behind the German revolution of November 1918
... on the eve of the war. The absence of bright personalities among the country's political establishment, on the one hand, and the lack of unity among the German elite, on the other, were the major causes of the bankruptcy of the Kaiser’s Germany. Social and class conflicts within the German elite, in particular, the tensions between the German bourgeoisie and agrarians rendered it impossible to devise coherent domestic and foreign policies. Incompetent leadership and frequent political scandals, which discredited the German ruling elite in the eyes of the public,...
A Critique of Latvian Integration
... Akadēmiskā Dzīve.2008. № 45. L. 13—20.
52. Zepa B., Kļave E. Latvija. Pārskats par tautas attīstību, 2010/2011. Nacionālā identitāte, mobilitāte un rīcībspēja. Rīga, 2011.
53. Zepa B., Lāce I. et al. The Aspect of Culture in the Social Inclusion of Ethnic Minorities. Flensburg, 2006.
54. Zepa B., Šūpule I. et al. Ethnopolitical tension in Latvia: Looking for the conflict solution. Rīga, 2005.
55. Zepa B., Šūpule I. et al. Integration Practice and Perspectives. Rīga, 2006.
56. Zepa B., Žabko O., Vaivode L. Valoda. Atskaite. 2008. Rīga, 2008.
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
veness.com/online (accessed 20.01.2016).
13. IMF. World Economic Outlook, October 2013: Transitions and Tensions, available at:
(accessed ... ... Research. URL:
(дата обращения: 10.02.2016).
31. Shastitko, A., Pavlova, N. 2016, Socially Efficient Entry Barriers? Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 4, p. 26—38. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-4-3.
32. Söderström, H....
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
. (accessed 24.02.2017).
2. FDI flows and stocks, OECD Factbook 2010: Economic Environmental and Social Statistics, available at:
CorporateGovernance/BoardofDirectors (accessed 19.2.2017).
32. Corruption charges against a minister signal rising tensions in Russia’s elite, 2016, The Economist, 19.11.2016, available at:
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... alternative power grids and high-speed railways can result in large-scale economic downturns diminishing the prospects of balanced social development. The author addresses the classical concepts of the theory of regional economy and new economic geography and ... ... 4-6, 2012, Chisinau.
12. Obshhaja jelektroset' s Rossiej sozdaet naprjazhenie v Pribaltike [Overall grid with Russia creates tension in the Baltic States], 2012, INOTV.RT.COM, available at: http://inotv.rt.com/2012-12-15/Obshhaya-elektroset-s-Rossiej-sozdaet ...