Russia’s political risk for the foreign investors: A special emphasis on Kaliningrad
The main goal of this article is to analyse the political risk of Russia with a special emphasis on Kaliningrad. In this study, political risks are assessed using the normative model of macro political risk assessment developed by Alon and Martin in 1998. In this model, political risks are divided into government-, society- and economy-related variables.
1. Argus Ease foreign investment restrictions — Trutnev, Argus FSU Energy, July 31, 2009.
2. BBC Views of China and Russia Decline in Global Poll, BBC World Service, February 6, 2009. URL: http://www.worldpublicopinion.org (дата обращения: 12 марта 2010).
3. BEE Business outlook: Russia, Business Eastern Europe, May 18. 2009.
4. BEE Losing a grip on the North Caucasus, Business Eastern Europe, June 22, 2009.
5. Closson Stacy The North Caucasus after the Georgia-Russia Conflict, Russian analytical digest 51/08, 2008.
6. EIU Country Report: Russia, August, Economist Intelligence Unit, London, 2009.
7. EW. Tension escalates in the Northern Caucasus, EastWeek, August 26, 2009.
8. Gel’man V. The Transformation of Russia’s Party System, Russian analytical digest 19/07, 2007.
9. Guardian. Russia crisis “strengthens hardliners” — key Medvedev adviser, The Guardian, May 20, 2009.
10. Harding L. Millions more Russians shunted into poverty, The Guardian, August 31, 2009.
11. Kortunov S. Kaliningrad: Gateway to Wider Europe, Russia in Global Affairs 1, January-March, 2005.
12. Lankina T., Savrasov A. Growing Social Protest in Russia, Russian analytical digest 60/09, 2009.
13. Malkova I. Foreigners Get Cash For ‘Strategic’ Assets, The Moscow Times, March 19, 2009.
14. Medetsky А. Putin Wants Loopholes Closed, The Moscow Times, February 5, 2009.
15. Medetsky А. Oil Exploration Law May New Revisions, The Moscow Times, June 24, 2009.
16. Pain E. Imperial Nationalism in Russia, Russian analytical digest 14/07, 2007.
17. Pismennaya Ye. Government Finds 400 Towns Like Pikalyovo, The Moscow Times, August 18, 2009.
18. Umland A. Fascist Tendencies in Russia’s Political Establishment: The Rise of the International Eurasian Movement, Russian analytical digest 60/09, 2009.
19. UNDP. Human Development Report 2007/2008 URL: http://hdrstats. undp. org. (дата обращения: 5.03.2010).
20. Vasilyeva N. IzhAvto Begins Bankruptcy Procedure, The Moscow Times, August 14, 2009.