Rationality in liberal philosophical theories
... anthropological core of liberalism, which makes it stand out among other political theories. The development of the main models of rationality relied upon by various liberal theories is reviewed.
1. Вебер М. О некоторых категориях ... ... Метафизика нравов // Собрание сочинений: в 6 т. М., 1963. Т. 4, ч. 2.
3. Becker G. A Theory of Social Interactions // Journal of Political Economy. 1974. 82(6). Р. 1063—1093.
4. Buchanan J., Tullock G. The Calculus of ...
Education in the context of the problem of rationality
... варварство в эпоху глобальных проблем. М. 2010.
10. Порус В. Н. Рациональность // Новая философская энциклопедия : в 4 т. М., 2001. Т. 3. С. 425—427.
rationality, social institution, education, training, upbringing, value, higher education reform.
OPOIAZ and Bakhtin: the Decision Science’s perspective
... Rethinking Rationality. In: G. Gigerenzer, R. Selten, eds. Bounded Rationality: The Adaptive Toolbox. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. pp. 1—12.
Goldman, A. I., 2005. Imitation, Mind Reading, and Simulation. In: Perspectives on Imitation: From Neuroscience to Social Science / S. Hurley, N. Chater (eds.). Cambridge, MA. Vol. 1, pp. 79—93.
Heap, Sh. H., 1989. Rationality in Economics. Oxford: Basil Blackwell.
Holquist, M., 2002. Dialogism: Bakhtin and His World. Vol. 2. London: Routledge.
Jakobson, R., 1935. Společná řeč kultury: Poznámky k otázkám vzájemných styků sovětské a západní vědy....
The synergetics and rationality of modern Russian society
This article analyses the features of the modern Russian society from the perspective of synergetic concept of social development. The author maintains that the type of rationality formed by synergetics can become the basis for practical activities in the 21st century Russia thus contributing to the solutions to acute socioeconomic problems.
1. Гэлбрейт Д. Новое индустриальное общество....
Inter-organizational networks as seen by western economic sociology: An analysis of theoretical approaches
... capital // Handbook of Theory and Research for the Sociology of Education. N. Y., 1986. P. 241—258.
4. Coleman J. Social Capital in the Creation of Human Capital // American Journal of Sociology. 1988. Supplement. Vol. 94. P. 95—120.
5. Coleman J. Rational Action, Social Networks and the Emergence of Norms // Structures of Power and Constraint. N. Y., 1990. P. 91—112.
6. Davern M. Social Networks and Economic Sociology: A Proposed Research Agenda for a More Complete Social Science // American Journal of Economics ...
Wittgenstein’s followers vs Habermas: A solution to I. Berlin’s dilemma
.... Pettit P. The Common Mind: An Essay on Psychology, Society and Politics. N. Y., 1996.
10. Pettit P. Republicanism: A Theory of Freedom and Government. Oxford, 1997.
Granovskaya O. L.
history of 20th century political philosophy, value pluralism, social rationality, communicative rationality, I. Berlin, L. Wittgenstein, J. Habermas
Kistyakovsky on the nature of law
... general and its independence of any external authorities or internal motivations of human behavior. According to Kistyakovsky, the rational element of legal rules is their key characteristic. Not unlike concepts, law is created by reason, without which legal ... ... formulated. Legal rules are an expression of the normal (typical) human consciousness and behavior. However, law is also a fact of social life. In effect, law is exercised through legal relations and, therefore, an important role is played by the understanding ...
Condorcet interpretation of probability’s theory: the use of a mathematical construct to the field of social action
Probability theory, which emerged as early as the 17th century thanks to the works of Pascal and Fermat, served for a long time as a tool of professional mathematicians. It was not considered a means of rational prediction of social actions. In the late 18th century, Nicolas de Condorcet (1743—1794) first proposed to apply probability theory to moral and political disciplines thus creating a basis for social forecasting. The methods he developed made it possible to predict ...
Kant between liberalism and conservatism
... Thought of Immanuel Kant and Edmund Burke // The Journal of Religious Ethics. Vol. 36, no. 3, Sep.10. Louden, R. 2011, Kant's Human Being: Essays on His Theory of Human Nature. Oxford University Press.11. Louden, R. 2000, Kant's Impure Ethics. From Rational Beings to Human Beings. Oxford University Press.12. Seebom, Th. 1981, Kant’s Theory of Revolution, Social Research, Vol. 48, no. 3 (Autumn, 1981), pp. 557—587.
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
... transformation of national economies. The focus is shifting from quantitative assessments of performance to rational choice conditions. Rationality is becoming the decisive factor behind sustainable green growth, and a change in the financial model that supports ... ... on the one hand, and the creation of a new financial paradigm based on the principles of responsible investment and corporate social responsibility, on the other. This study aims to consider the theoretical and practical aspects of creating a national ...
Kant on Human Dignity: Autonomy, Humanity, and Human Rights
... Kant’s Rechtslehre. European Journal of Philosophy, 5(1), pp. 50-73.
Gewirth, A., 1984. The Epistemology of Human Rights. Social Philosophy and Policy, 1(2), pp. 1-24.
Gewirth, A., 1998. The Community of Rights. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.... ... Interdisciplinary Perspectives. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 215-221.
Höffe, O., 2010. Kant’s Innate Right as a Rational Criterion for Human Rights. In: L. Denis, ed. 2010. Kant’s Metaphysics of Morals: A Critical Guide. Cambridge: Cambridge ...
Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
... geography: tradition and modern trends], Geograficheskij vestnik [Geographic Vestnik], no. 1, p. 17—25.
25. Shuper, V. А. 2014, Racionalisticheskoe mirovozzrenija v uslovijah krizisa racionalizma: vzgljad geografa [Rationalist ideology in a crisis of rationalism: a geographer's view], Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija. Vestnik Associacii rossijskih geografov-obshhestvovedov [Socio-economic geography. Bulletin of the Association of Russian geographers, social scientists], no. 3, p. 25.
26. XXII sezd Kommunisticheskoj partii Sovetskogo ...
Significance of social contract theories for the development of political philosophy in Russia
The Concept of the Political. Expanded Edition. Chicago, 2007.
Political Theology. Four Chapters on the Concept of Sovereignty. MIT Press, 1985.
The Orthodox Way. St Vladimir’s Seminary Press, 1995.
social contract, political rationalism, liberalism, negative anthropology,
Hume, Kant, Carl Schmitt, Rawls.
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... critical review, Ecological Economics, no. 25, p. 249—264.
35. Stewart, F., Ranis, G., Samman, E. 2006, Human Development: Beyond the HDI, QEH Working Papers qehwps135.
36. Wu, P. C., Fan, C. W. Pan, S. C. 2014, Does Human Development Index provide rational development rankings? Evidence from efficiency rankings in super efficiency model, Social Indicators Research, no. 116(2), p. 647—658. DOI:
Gumenyuk I. S.
national social development, Baltic region, human development index
Industrial enterprises of the Kaliningrad region: R&D models under the conditions of perceived risks
... потребительской кооперации Саратовский области) // Проблемы анализа риска. 2009. Т. 6, № 3. С. 58—63.
10. Luhmann N. Risk: A Sociological Theory. Berlin ; N. Y., 1993.
11. Kahneman D. Maps of bounded rationality: a perspective on intuitive judgment and choice // Nobel Prize lecture. URL:
(дата обращения: 28.08.2013).
12. Kasperson J. X., Kasperson R. E., Pidgeon N., Slovic P. The social amplification of risk: assessing fifteen years of research and theory // The social amplification of risk. Cambridge, 2003. Р. 13—46.
13. Яницкий О. Н. Социология риска: ключевые идеи // Мир России....
The media image of San Escobar in the space of fictional worlds: a socio-semiotic perspective
... fairy tale]. Leningrad (in Russ.).
Sladkevich, Zh., 2018. I will not say anything, but again I will say something: the aberration content of public discourse from the perspective of meaning generation (categories of meaningfulness and meaninglessness).... ... ed. Dyskurs jako struktura i proces. Warszawa, pp. 24—39.
Fairclough, N., 2003. Analysing Discourse. Textual Analysis for Social Research. London.
Fairclough, N., 1995. Critical Discourse Analysis: the Critical Study of Language. London.
Trends in cross-border cooperation between Russian and Belarusian regions
This article deals with the possible areas of cross-border cooperation between Russian and Belarussian regions. The author identifies the main results of cooperation between the countries in trade, transport, science, and social relations. The article proposes four possible scenarios of cooperation, which can ensure a rational use of the regions’ potentials.
1. Альметова З. В., Подрядова Т. Е., Шеремет А. А. Взаимодействие России и Белоруссии в рамках Евразийского союза // Актуальные ...
Personal determinants of somatic reactions in adolescents
... with the psychological conditions of low back pain, peptic ulcers and migraine headache: A multivariate study // Journal of Rational Emotive Therapy. 1987. Vol. 5(4). Р. 255—265.
12. Gupta M. Is chronic pain a variant of depressive illness? A critical ... ... Moderating Effects of Self-Handicapping and Locus of Control. Toronto, 1995.
somatization, personality factors, social support, "buffer" effect, adolescents
Youth unemployment in the Latgale region of Latvia: causes and consequences
... group of young people acted as a target group for sociological research based on a quota sample (by sex and age) in an online survey of respondents in 2016. The results of the study were processed using the Statistika program. The transformation of social and economic processes in the world, Europe and the post- Soviet space has led to changes in the labor market of young people, which are objective and subjective, contradictory, which continue to this day. It is established that the behavioral rationalism of young people (labor mobility, vocational education, etc.) in the regional labor market is combined with its behavioral irrationalism (lack of desire to work for various reasons, the need for contact with family and friends, etc.). This ...
Network Transformations in Economy
.... 1994. № 58. P. 1—15.
7. Anderson P., Tushman M. L. Technological Discontinuities and Dominant Designs. A Cyclical Model of Technological Change // Administrative Sciences Quarterly. 1990. № 35. P. 607.
8. Burt R. S. Structural Holes: The Social Structure of Competition. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1992.
9. Burt R. S., Knez M. Kinds of Third-Party Effects on Trust // Rationality and Society. 1995. № 7. P. 225—292.
10. Chesbrough H. Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology. Boston : Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
11. Coe N. M., Yeung H. M., Dicken H. W. Globalizing’ ...
The problems of legal socialisation in the conditions of the anomie of the Russian society
... their controversial and disruptive influence on legal awareness in the conditions of the disagreement and low efficiency of social norms.
Арутюнян М., Здравомыслова О., Курильски-Ожвэн Ш
. Образ и опыт ... ...
Manson P., Yagudina Z., Shmulyar O
. Modernity, Identity, Rationality (MIR): The Transformations of Everyday Life in Post Soviet Russia. Goetheborg, 1998.
18. http://rumetrika. rambler....
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... V. 2008, Rejtingovanie federal'nyh celevyh programm [Ratings of federal programs], Federativnye otnoshenija i regional'naja social'no-jekonomicheskaja politika [Federal relations and regional socio-economic policy], no. 10, p. 32—45.
9. Konovalov, ... ... Studenetsky, S. A. 1979, Racional'noe i jeffektivnoe ispol'zovanie okeanicheskih bioresursov kak narodnohozjajstvennaja zadacha [Rational and efficient use of ocean biological resources as economic problems], Мoscow, Nauka.
12. Konovalov, A. 2010, Transportation ...
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
... indicators, as well as the organisation of enterprise monitoring according to this system, which makes it possible to formulate rational administrative decisions in order to minimise the adverse effects of Russia's accession to the WTO. The major result ... ... economic integration to the world economy], Zhurnal ekonomicheskoj teorii [Journal of Economic Theory], no. 2(19), p. 142—153.
3. Social'no-ekonomicheskoe polozhenie Rossii: stat. sb [The socio-economic
situation in Russia: a statistical compendium], 2000—2010,...
Events as a semantic framework for the construction of reality: the prospects of a transition to a dynamic ontology
... New York: Philosophical Library.
Dijk, Т. van., 1998. Ideology: A Multidisciplinary Approach. London.
Galtung, J., 1977. Essays in methodology. Vol. 1: Methodology and ideology. Copenhagen: Christian Ejlers.
Habermas, J., 2001. On the pragmatics of social interaction: Preliminary studies in the theory of communicative action. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
Hempel, С.G., 2000. Science, Explanation, and Rationality. New York: Oxford University Press.
McCloskey, D., 1998. The Rhetoric of Economics. University of Wisconsin Press.
North, D., 2005. Understanding the Process of Economic Change. Princeton University Press.
Taleb, N.N., 2007. The Black Swan....
Kant’s Ethics in the Context of the Enlightenment. Report of the 12th Kant Readings Conference (Kaliningrad, 21-25 April 2019
... the interpretation of the latest trends in the development of science and technology. It was noted that the intellectual and social communication environment of today has much in common with that of the Enlightenment era, which makes the philosophical ... ... Enlightenment, historical and philosophical reception, global problems, ethics of science and technology, human dignity, political rationality, contemporary problems of education
Nina A. Dmitrieva, Andrey S. Zilber, Vadim A. Chaly, Alexander S. Kiselev, Polina ...
Translation and Discourse Analysis
... Teaching. Target, 9(2), pp. 335—353.
Daghigh, A. J., Sanatifar, M. S. and Awang, R., 2018. A taxonomy of manipulative operations in political discourse translation. A CDA approach. Forum, 16(2), pp. 197—220.
Fairclough, N., 1995. Critical Discourse ... ... Archaeology of Knowledge and the Discourse on language (tr. S. S. Smith). New York: Harper.
Halliday, M. A. K., 1978. Language as social semiotic: The social interpretation of language and meaning. London: Edward Arnold.
Hatim, B., 2009. Translating text ...
Frolova Ye. The theoretical and methodological issues of the revival of natural law
.... V. Timoshina, St. Peterburg.20. Petrazhickij L. I. 1913, O social'nom ideale i vozrozhdenii estestvennogo prava [About the social ideal and the revival of natural law] // Juridicheskij Vestnik. vol. 2.21. Poma A. 2012, Kriticheskaja filosofija Germana ... ... Prelude], Moscow.28. Zhukov V. N. 2013, Russkaja filosofija prava: ot racionalizma k misticizmu [Russian philosophy of law: from rationalism to mysticism], Moscow.
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... principal/agent problem suggested in the article contributes to the development of an alternative approach to the current situation and a rational approach to overcoming the ‘monotown problem’.
1. Analiticheskij obzor PwC «Avtomobil'nyj rynok Rossii: rezul'taty ... ... available at: http://www. ufz-kemerovo.ru/home/informaciya/statistika. aspx (accessed 27.01.2016).
3. Zakon «O territorijah social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija v Rossijskoj Federacii » ot 29 dekabrja 2014 g. № 473-FZ [The law "On Territories ...
Duty and Coercion in Kant’s Republican Cosmopolitanism
... attributes a systematic role to the cosmopolitan right, what justifies considering this part of the doctrine of law as a necessary rational conclusion of the legal system, although its institutional embodiment differs from that required by the rights of states.... ... Filozofski Godisnuak 17, pp. 81—97.
15. Mertens, T. 2007, Kant’s Cosmopolitan Values and Supreme Emergencies, in: Journal of Social Philosophy 38/2, pp. 222—241.
16. Mikalsen, K. K. 2011, In defense of Kant’s league of states, in: Law and Philosophy ...
On the problem of modeling the strategic behavior of states in geoeconomics
... down to the behavior of individuals. The rejection of the methodological individualism principle allows us to consider that the rationality of the state economic behavior should be considered through the correlation of goals, available resources and the ... ... H. A. Organizations. Wiley, 1958.
25. Musgrave R. A. The Theory of Public Finance. N. Y., 1959.
26. Nussbaum M. Aristotelian Social Democracy // Liberalism and the Good R. B. Douglass et al. (eds.). N. Y., 1990.
27. Thaler R., Sunstein C. Nudge: Improving ...
Evolution of International Research Cooperation models in the Contemporary Foreign Policy Environment
... right?], available at: https://www.facebook.
com/isconnectivityahumanright (accessed 17.03.2015).
13. Shishkina, A. 2014, Internet-cenzura i «arabskaja vesna» [Internet censorship and the "Arab Spring"], Neprikosnovennyj zapas [Emergency ration], Vol. 93,
14. Opening Closed Regimes. What Was the Role of Social Media During the Arab Spring?, 2011, Working Paper, The Project on Information Technology and
Political Islam, University of Washington, no. 1.
international academic and research cooperation, foreign policy, internationalization ...
Some aspects of John Rawls’s first principle of justice
... justice proposed by the American philosopher John Rawls as universal principles that would be chosen by every reasonable and rational person in an ‘original position’. The work analyses the problematic aspects of the principle’s formulation (the ... ... pri issledovanii sotsial'nyh otnoshenii v filosofii neokantianstva [Categories of justice, necessity and duty by the study of social relations in the neo-Kantian philosophy], in: Pravo i gosudarstvo: teorija i praktika [Law and State: Theory and Practice]....
Kantian Ethical Humanism in Late Imperial Russia
... J. MacQueen, ed. 1990. Humanism in Renaissance Scotland. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, pp. 1-9.
Shpet, G. G., 2006. Socialism or Humanism. Publicated by T. G. Shchedrina. Kosmopolis [Cosmopolis], 1, pp. 77—90. (In Russ.)
Solovyov, V. S., 1899.... ... pp. 305325.
Walsh, W. H., 1947. Reason and Experience. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
Humanism, Russian philosophy, Kant, reason, rationality, human dignity, morality
Theoretical analysis of fuzzy logic and Q. E. method in economics
7. Challoumis C. Quantification of Everything (a Methodology for Quantification of Quality Data with Application and to Social and Theoretical Sciences). URL:
(дата обращения: 11.02.2019).
8. Colubi ... ... Vol. 281. P. 219—226. doi: https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2015.08.023.
fuzzy logic, quantification method, rational, behavioral, Q. E. method
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
... Forward! Russian President's official website,available at: http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/298 (accessed 23.12.2013).
8. Communication from the Commission of 29 April 1998, «Energy efficiency in the European Community — Towards a strategy for the rational use of energy»,1998, COM, no. 246 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex UriServ.do?uri=COM:1998:0246:FIN:EN:PDF (accessed 11.10.2013).
9. Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament,the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, of 26 April 2000, «Action Plan to improve energy efficiency in the European Community », 2000, COM, no. 247 final, available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/
Steven Makin’s ontological argument: The concept of necessary exis¬ten¬ce of God
... about Necessary Being // Philosophy. 1990. Vol. 65, № 252. P. 229—231.
15. Plantinga A. God and Other Minds. A Study of the Rational Justification of Belief in God. Ithaca ; N. Y., 1967.
16. Prior A. N. Is Necessary Existence Possible? // Philosophy ... ... Izvestia Ural’skogo Federal’nogo Universiteta. Seria 3: Obschestvennye nauki [Newscast of Ural Federal University. Series 3: Social Studies], no. 1 (125), p. 72—78.5. Dragalina-Chernaya, E. G., 2007, “Slovo k vnemlyuschemu” ili dialog s “bezum-zem”?...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... programme offers an opportunity for students to enroll on bachelor and master degree programmes related to environmental and social problems of the Baltic Sea region. The Polar and Marine Sciences, POMOR master programme, represents the second form of ... ... European and Russian approaches to environmental education. The Russian-Norwegian master programme “Geoecological monitoring and rational use of natural resources in the Northern oil and gas production regions” is a good example of the third form of international ...
EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: Challenges and Perspectives of International Cooperation
... implemented in its different parts. From this point of view, the Strategy for the Baltic Sea region, apparently inspired by ‘rational functionalism’, can assign a new meaning to the concept of the region.
1. Memorandum o vzaimoponimanii, ustanavlivajuschij ... ... (accessed 05.02.2016).
9. Communication From The Commission To The European Parliament, The Council, The European Economic And Social Committee And The Committee Of The Regions, 2009, Concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, Brussels,...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... extensively uses geographical and general scientific methods. This work aims to develop a geoeconomic paradigm in the framework of social geography. It will be of interest to anyone who aims to analyse the true motives behind
Russian current energy policy.... ... jekonomicheskaja geografija i obosnovanie racional'noj gazotransportnoj infrastruktury regiona [New economic geography and justification of rational gas transmission infrastructure of the region], Vestnik MSTU, Vol. 15, no. 1, available at: http://vestnik. mstu. edu....
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... the introduction of mechanisms of industrial integration structures using single organizational production modules capable of rational combination and transformation of the elements of national production structure to create competitive transnational production ... ....5922/2079-8555-2009-2-2
27. Gorkin, A. P., Smirnyagin, L. V. 1979, A structural approach to industrial systems in different social and economic environment. In: Hamilton, F. E. I. and Linge, G. J. R. Chichester, Spatial Analysis, Industry and the Industrial ...