Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... The author concludes that the countries mostly dependent on Russian gas are Lithuania and Latvia. The announced LNG terminal projects are being reviewed in detail. Their necessity is estimated from the perspective of the current and future demand for natural gas, including the terms and conditions of contracts concluded with OAO Gazprom. Different scenarios and prospects for individual LNG terminal projects and associated pipeline infrastructure are evaluated. It is shown that the inability of countries to ...
Power rating of flares power burning associated gas by processing satellite images MODIS
... for the most powerful oil fields torch units in Western Siberia. Investigations held by us have shown that exceeding of the calculated data as compared to report information is up to 2 times.
1. Elvidge C., and so on. A fifteen year record of global natural gas flaring derived from satellite data // Energies. 2009. № 2. P. 595—622.
2. Годунов А. И., Жижин М. Н. Метод оценки объемов сжигания попутного газа по спутниковым изображениям ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... second branch was timed to the anniversary of Putin], 2012, NEWSru.com, 8 October, available at: http://www. newsru. ru/finance/ 08oct2012/nordstr2.html (accessed 22 March 2013).
9. Prirodnyj gaz: kratkij obzor mirovoj otrasli i analiz slancevogo [Natural gas:short review of world branch and analysis of slate boom], 2012, Centr makrojekonomicheskih issledovanij Sberbanka RF [Center of macroeconomic researches of Sberbank of the Russian Federation], May, available at:http://www. sbrf.ru/common/img/uploaded/files/pdf/analytics/pg1....
The Functional and the Instrumental in Market Definition: a Laboratory for Natural Experiments in the Baltics
Reforms of natural monopolies need clear delineations between the industries where market mechanisms contribute to social welfare and those ... ... entity). In order to compare the practical implementation of institutional alternatives, we examine the modes of governance in the gas supply industry. A major focus is the Baltic region where two interconnected pipelines — the Nord Stream and the OPAL — ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... 2006, Europe's Energy Portal, available at: http://www.energy.eu/directives/2006_03_08_gp_document_en.pdf (accessed 17 October 2011).
4. Mitrova, Т. 2005, Analiz faktorov riska rossijskogo jeksporta prirodnogo gaza [Analysis of risk factors of Russian natural gas exports], The Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, available at: http://www.eriras.ru/papers/2005/risks. pdf (accessed 02 October 2011).
5. Matteotti, S., Nartova, О. 2010, Novye trebovanija k inostrannym operatoram na gazovom ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... monitoring of geo-ecological consequences of oil exploration and extraction of oil drilling in the area of Tselau swamp (Pravdinskoye)], Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy [Geology, geophysics and development of oil and gas fields], no. 8, p. 65-73.
8. Zotov, S. I., Kesoretskikh, I. I., Zotov, I. S., Lazareva, N. N. 2012, Geoinformatsionnoye obespecheniye otsenki uyazvimosti prirodnykh kompleksov k antropogennym vozdeystviyam [GIS support for vulnerability assessment of natural systems to anthropogenic influences], InterKarto-InterGIS-18: Ustoychivoye razvitiye territoriy: teoriya GIS i prakticheskiy opyt. Materialy mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii [InterCarto-InterGIS-18: Sustainable Development of Territories: GIS Theory ...
The creation of a common EU energy market: a quiet revolution with far-reaching consequences
... be/european-review-of-energymarket/EREM_9-_Comment_Jorge_Vasconcelos. pdf (accessed 17 January 2013).
6. Antimonopol'naja politika: Evropejskaja Komissija podtverzhdaet provedenie proverok bez preduprezhdenija v kompanijah gazovogo sektora [Competition policy: Commission confirms unannounced inspections in the natural gas sector companies], 2011, Delegation of the European Union to Russia, 28 September, available at: http://eeas. europa. eu/delegations/russia/press_corner/all_news/news/2011/20110929_ru. htm (accessed 19 January 2013).
Ispolinov Alexei, Dvenadtsatova ...
On Fire. Dissertation for the Master’s Degree. Translation from the Latin into Russian, Preface and Notes by S. V. Lugovoy
... Edwards, O. Reinhardt, M. Schönfeld and E. Watkins. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 713-714. It was important for the translator to follow the course of Kant’s thought and as far as possible preserve his style, including recurring words. Natural science terminology keeps as close as possible to the dissertation text, so instead of the term “gas”, which Kant does not use, the translator resorts to a loan-translation “elastic liquid,” harking back to the Russian term упругая жидкость (elastic liquid) which was proposed by Mikhail V. Lomonosov but did not catch on. For ...
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
...., Blomqvist, E., Mattila J. and Norkko A. 1997. Estuar. Coastal Shelf Sci. Vol. 44, pp. 63—72.
22. Rheinheimer, G. 1998. Naturwissenschaften. Vol. 85(7), pp. 318—329.
23. WWF (1995). Special issue on oil in the Baltic Sea. World Wide Fund for Nature. Baltic Bull. 2—3.
24. Victorov, S. V., Korovin, L. K., Ustinov, B. P. 2006. State and Transport,
25. Ecological safety of “North Stream” project. Oil and Gas Eurasia, June 2009, № 6.
26. Wuff, F., Rahn, L., Jonsson, P., Brydsten, L., Ahl, T., Granmo, A. 1993.A mass balance model of chlorinated organic matter for the Baltic Sea — a challenge to ecotoxicology. Ambio. V. 22, pp. 27—31.
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... (Sweden) will join the programme at a later stage. Such an approach will help achieve the synergy of the European and Russian approaches to environmental education. The Russian-Norwegian master programme “Geoecological monitoring and rational use of natural resources in the Northern oil and gas production regions” is a good example of the third form of international environmental education. The programme similar to POMOR and CORELIS. However, it has one distinctive feature — Russian and foreign students study together from the second ...
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
....pdf (accessed 11 March 2013).
7. Cohesion Policy 2014—2020: Investing in growth and jobs, 2011, Luxembourg.
8. Directive 2009/73/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas and repealing Directive 2003/55/EC, 2009, Official Journal of the European Union, 14.8.2009, available at: eur-lex.europa.eu (accessed 19 April 2011).
9. EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy_cooperate/baltic/documents_en....
Socially efficient entry barriers?
... in a decrease in social welfare. This is particularly true of capital-intensive goods, for instance, large diameter pipes for gas pipelines. Lack of proper competition in such sectors of the market necessitates entry barriers, for they help to achieve ... ... Shastitko, A. 2016. On the methodology of institutional research (for the 80-th anniversary of Ronald Coase’s article “The Nature of the Firm”), Voprosy Ekonomiki, no. 8, p. 96—119. (In Russ.)
10. Shastitko, A., Golovanova, S., Kryuchkova, P., Kurdin,...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
A stereotypical understanding of EU-Russia energy relations is often reduced to trade in oil and natural gas, which downplays the importance of energy efficiency cooperation. Such cooperation is promoted within the Energy Charter and its Treaty, Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, Energy Dialogue, Common Economic Space, Partnership for Modernisation. ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
.... se/SITE/events/Documents/2 — Jurgis Vilemas — LAS. pdf (accessed 24 March 2013).
6. Electricity balance sheet, years, Statistics Estonia, available at: http://www.stat. ee/34180 (accessed 24 March 2013).
7. Annual Report on Electricity and Natural Gas Markets of the Republic of Lithuania to the European Commission, 2012, Vilnius, p. 95, available at:http://www. energy-regulators. eu/portal/page/portal/EER_HOME/EER_ PUBLICATIONS/NATIONAL_REPORTS/National%20Reporting%202012/NR_En/C12_NR_Lithuania-EN_v2....