The role of mass media and PR in social work
This article describes the main directions of cooperation between social workers and mass media. The author shows the role of mass media in social problems.
Основы рекламы. М.; Ростов н/Д, 2005.
Социальная реклама как ...
The dynamics of youth behaviour in the field of healthy nutrition under the influence of mass media
This article consdiers the problem of mass media influence on the process of health behavior development, in particular, in the field of nutrition. The authors address the possibilitues and features of mass media as a factor of health protection. The article presents the results of an experiment ...
Near-border regions’ mass media within the context of public diplomacy: expert survey results’ analysis (the Case of the Saratov region)
Nowadays, within Russian scholarship, there is not so much research on the role of regional mass media in conducting public diplomacy. In this context, the article aims at analyzing results of experts’ survey taken in May 2018. Among other things, experts gave their opinions on the levels and forms of communication between mass media of Saratov ...
English borrowings in modern mass media
The article explores the typology of modern English borrowings in mass media texts. The main aim of the article is to identify and describe the types of English borrowings by analyzing how they got adapted in the Russian language. The first type includes the borrowings, which date back to the late XX and the early XXI ...
The role of management sociology in the system of mass communication
This article is dedicated to the topical issues of socially responsible information management in the communication media of Russian media space. The author considers the role of management sociology in the formation of Russian media space.
Бергер П., Лукман Т.
Социальное конструирование реальности. М., 1995. ...
The image of modern Russian innovations in the Danish mass media
This article sets out to identify the attitude of the Danish mass media to modern Russian innovations. The research is timely because of the Russian interest in the experience of Denmark — one of the "innovation leaders" of the EU. The author analyses a number of publications on Russia in the Danish mass ...
Strategy of Critical Perception of Media Information: Formation in Language Training
Масс-медиа в культуре информационного общества: монография. Ставрополь: ООО Мир данных, 2007. 142 с
critical thinking, media education, problem situation, mass media.
Television news as a form of knowledge about politics
... Theory. 4th ed. Beverley Hills (California),1994.
14. Park R. News as a Form of Knowledge // American Journal of Sociology.1940. № 45. Р. 669—686.
15. Tuchman G. Making News: A Study in the Construction of Reality. N. Y., 1978.
mass media, political information, news genre, political actors.
Mass Media: History and Language
Semiotic Inversions in the Formation of the Political Image in the Media Discourse: the image of Russia in German media
... through semiotic inversions. It is claimed that in the modern media discourse, the political image is based on the pre-established ‘rules of the game’. The author holds that historical facts are often replaced by false models of reality in the modern mass media discourse.
1. Люббе Г. Историческая идентичность // Вопросы философии. 1994. № 4. С. 108—113.
2. Концепция внешней политики Российской Федерации (с изм....
Features of an addressee as an element of communicative interaction in social media
... изображения. СПб., 2014.
13. Тапскотт Д. Викиномика: как массовое сотрудничество изменяет все. М., 2007.
14. Элберс А. Стратегия блокбастера. М., 2015.
Kruglov A. S.
mass communication, communication models, social media, communicative interaction, receiver, communicator, transactional communication, change of communicative roles
The symbolic complexes of mass culture and the semiosis of political discourse
... its symbolic system, narratives, and protagonists on the political discourse. I emphasise that an analysis of the images of mass culture protagonists can give a complete picture of the society that continuously reproduces these protagonists and seeks ... ... a lifestyle]. Available at:
[Accessed 05 March 2018].
Belousova, Yu. V., 2012. Media image as a means of communication. Gramota [Diploma], 23(26), pp. 27—31 (in Russ.).
Delez, Zh., 2016. Kino (Movie). Moscow ...
The problems of legal socialisation in the conditions of the anomie of the Russian society
This article analyses the problems of the influence of family, mass media, and school on the process of individual legal socialisation. Special attention is paid to their controversial and disruptive influence on legal awareness in the conditions of the disagreement and low efficiency of social norms.
Evaluation of a work of art in journalistic texts: E. Vodolazkin’s novel Lavr
... media art discourse, the author explores special features of the formation of value judgments at each stage of critical evaluation. The analytical technique developed by the author is applied to texts brought to the recepient through various channels of mass communication: published in the quality newspaper Vedomosti, and the TV channel Russia-Kultura. The author concludes that media texts of the analyzed type demonstrate a gradual, stage-by-stage unfolding of artistic evaluation, which is reflected in the language forms of journalistic works. This structure of evaluation reflects a change in the object of evaluation.
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
... Children's Literature: Images of Australia in French Translation. Manchester: St. Jerome.
Gambier, Y., 2016. Rapid and radical changes in translation and translation studies. International Journal of Communication, 10, pp. 887—906.
Göttlich, U., 2007. Mass Media. In: M. Beller and J. Leerssen, eds. Imagology. The cultural construction and literary representation of national characters. Amsterdam & New York: Rodopi. pp. 354—357.
Heilbron, J. and Sapiro, G., 2007. Outline for a sociology of translation: ...
Lexical means to express an author’s opinion in popular science groups on the VKontakte social network
9. Попов А. В. Блоги. Новая сфера влияния. М., 2008.
10. Aichner T. Measuring the degree of corporate social media use // International Journal of Market Research. 2015. № 57 (2). P. 257—275.
social media, mass communication, receiver and communicator, change of communicative roles, evaluative lexis, functional styles of Russian language
Russian soft power in the Baltic States through the lens of research: traditions, competition, confrontation
... productive in the region and their use in the negative political context of bilateral relations has the opposite effect for Russia – the country loses in reputation and image. The main factor at play is the information content of the Russian-language media space. At odds with the historical and political views of a significant part of the Baltic States’ ruling class, it is becoming the target of counteraction. At the same time, Russian high and mass culture and, partly, educational services are in demand from both Baltic Russian speakers and ethnic Lithuanians, Latvians, and Estonians. Our analysis shows that the views of Baltic researchers that Russian soft power is politics-driven and foreign ...
The intertexteme as an instrument in the past — present — future dialogical space of urbanism practices: an intersemiotic analysis of graffiti and inscriptions in Gdansk and Kaliningrad
Mokienko, V. M. and Sidorenko, K. P., 1999. Slovar' krylatykh slov i vyrazheniy Pushkina. [Dictionary of winged words and expressions of Pushkin]. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Parshin, P. B., 2001. Types, functions and sources of intertext in mass communication. In: M. N. Volodina and M. L. Remneva, eds. Yazyk sredstv massovoy informatsii kak ob"yekt mezhdistsiplinarnogo issledovaniya [Language of the media as an object of interdisciplinary research]. Moscow. pp. 84—85 (in Russ.).
Polukhina, K. S., 2017. On the essence of the concept of “urban space”. Nauchnyy al'manakh [Scientific almanac], 2—2 (28), pp. 361—362 (in Russ.).
Porozov, R. Yu....
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... semiotic systems characteristic of politics/authorities and mass culture. These processes cause the semantic space of PD to embrace mass culture referents.
1. Apresyan, Yu. D., 1966. Idei i metody sovremennoi strukturnoi lingvistiki (kratkii ocherk) [Ideas ... ... obshchei teorii [Social systems. Essay on general theory]. St. Petersburg. pp. 527—541.
25. Maklyuen, M., 2014. Ponimanie media [Understanding Media]. Moscow. pp. 24—27.
26. Maklyuen, M., 2015. Galaktika Gutenberga [The Gutenberg Galaxy]. Moscow....
Use of Russian language in the Estonian mass media
1. Евстратова С. Б. Экспрессивная лексика в русскоязычной прессе Эстонии // Труды по русской и славянской филологии. Лингвистика. Новая серия. Вып. 6 : Проблемы языка диаспоры. Тарту, 2002.
2. Кюльмоя И. П. Речь русской диаспоры Эстонии: тенденции развития //Труды по русской и славянской филологии. Лингвистика-XII. Humaniora:Lingua Russica. Активные процессы в русском языке диаспоры и метрополии.Тарту, 2009.
3. Лассан Э. Р. О прагматиконе русской политизированной личности в Литве // Труды по русской...
Russian Television of Post-Soviet Era: Patterns of Transformation
. Журналистика и демократия. М., 2004.
. Осторожно, телевидение! / под ред. Я.
Н. Засурского. М., 2002.
mass media, Russia, genre, television
Social advertising in the modern communicative space: the experience of the Kaliningrad region
... Тренды развития социальной рекламы в России. URL: http://www.1soc.ru/pages/view/179 (дата обращения: 19.03.2013).
social advertising, social advertising techniques, social advertising impact, mass media
Discursive features of Russian gender-oriented advertisements
.... In a Different Voice: Psychological Theory and Women’s Development. Cambridge, 1982.
8. Goffman E. Gender Advertisements. N. Y., 1976.
9. Harré R. Persuasion and Manipulation // Discourse and Communication: New Approaches to the Analyses of Mass Media Discourse and Communication.Berlin ; N. Y., 1985. P. 126—142.
10. Hasan R. Ways of saying: ways of meaning // The Semiotics of Culture and Language. L., 1984. Vol. 1 : Language as Social Semiotics. P. 105—162.
11. Tillner G. Masculinity ...
Cultural Islam in Northern Europe
In this study, we aim to analyse the position of cultural Islam in Northern European countries. To this end, we examine publications in major print media. Content analysis of relevant publications gives a detailed picture of narratives produced in mass consciousness as a reaction to the presence of Islam at the local and regional level and makes it possible to identify individual trends in the evaluation of such narratives in both scientific and popular analytical literature. The growing secularization ...
Information support for crime investigation
This article considers several basic approaches to information support for a preliminary crime investigation. The author analyses the role of mass media, the use of the biosphere resources and the Internet during preliminary crime investigation. The author proposes a selection of tools and methods that can be used in crime investigation.
1. Даль В. Толковый словарь. М., 1981....
The Development of a Criminalistics Theory in Russia and the United States: A Comparative Analysis
... Past. 7th ed. Abingdon ; N. Y., 2015.
11. Ray D. Information-gathering Strategies: The Investigative Mindset. URL:
(дата обращения: 15.... ... 2018.
13. Walder H. Kriminalistisches Denken. Heidelberg, 2016.
14. Ward R. Introduction to criminal investigation. Reading (Mass.), 2011.
15. Williams K. S. Textbook on Criminology. 7th ed. OUP Higher Education Division, 2012.
16. Clarke R. V. Technology,...
The application of the Web 2.0 technology as a tool of developing informal media education
... courses // Business Communication Quarterly. 2005. № 68(1). Р. 73—76.
19. Ray J. Welcome to the Blogoshere. The Educational Use of Blogs (aka Edublogs) // Kappa Delta Pi Record. 2006. № 42 (4).
20. Tapscott D., Williams A. D. Wikinomics: How mass collaboration changes everything. L., 2007.
21. Tilley P.A., Giordano G. A. Knowledge management strategies and cultural dimensions. URL: http://aisel.isworld.org/password.asp?Vpath=AMCIS/2003&PDFpath=03HE20.pdf (дата обращения: 15....
Russian-Estonian relations: a medium-term forecast
This article shows why the non-existent political dialogue between Russia and Estonia will hardly develop in the next five years and why Estonia can lose its significance for the Russian foreign policy rhetoric and Russian mass media. This conclusion is drawn from a medium-term forecast about the changing role of Estonia in Russian foreign policy. The forecast is based on the scenario methodology, which suggests that the modern means of political forecasting make it possible ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... Matonyte, I. 2009, Ex-nomenklatura and Ex-dissidents in the Post-communist Parliaments of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, Viesoji politika ir administravimas [Public Policy and Administration], no. 29, p. 28—39.
12. Matonyte, I. 2008, (Liberal) mass media and the (multi) party system in post-communist Lithuania, Central European Journal of communication, no. 1, p. 123—144.
13. Matonyte, I. 2003, The Parliamentary Elite in Post-Communist Lithuania, 1990—2000, Representative Elites in Post-Communist ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Institute of International Relations], no. 5 (44), p. 108—117. (In Russ.)
25. Sides, J. Citrin, J. 2007, How Large the Huddled Masses? The Causes and Consequences of Public Misperceptions about Immigrant Populations, Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political ... ... Thematic report, 2013, John D. And Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, February 14—15, available at:
27. Refugees and asylum-seekers, 2012, UNHCR ...