Rationality in liberal philosophical theories
This article suggests that rationality has to be treated as one of the basic categories of liberal philosophy. Together with freedom and equality, rationality lies at the anthropological core of liberalism, which makes it stand out among other political theories. The development of the main models of rationality relied upon by various liberal ...
Bogdan Kistiakovy’s Project of “State of the Future” as Synthesis of the Ideas of Liberalism and Socialism
This article is devoted to the correlation between liberal and socialist ideas in the social and philosophical conception of the prominent methodologist of social sciences and a Neo-Kantian legal theorist Bogdan Kistyakovsky. The author stresses the uncertainty of both the definition of liberalism and ...
Kant between liberalism and conservatism
Kant has a reputation of one of the chief proponents of political liberalism. However, some of his important ideas can qualify as conservative. Their consequences are reaching far enough to sug¬gest a reevaluation of Kant as an unconditional liberal. Kant's generally liberal understanding of aims and values of a political ...
The liberal concept of freedom in the conservative teachings of K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov
This article considers the reception of the liberal concept of freedom in Russian conservatism as exemplified by K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov. Reasoning in the framework of Russian philosophical organicism, each philosopher insists on his own approach to analysing social phenomena. It is ...
The interpretation of the ideas of I. Kant’s treatise Perpetual Peace in the modern liberal democratic peace theory
... framework of their concept, the analysis shows that the democratic peace theory misinterprets many ideas of Kant.
1. Babst D. Elective Goverments — A Force for Peace // The Wisconsian Sociologist.1964. Vol. 3, № 1. Р. 9—14.
2. Doyle M. W. Kant, Liberal Legacies and Foreign Affairs // Philosophy and Public Affairs. 1983. I, II (12). Р. 205—235, 323—353.
3. Geis A., Müller H., Wagner W. (Hg.) Schattenseiten des Demokratischen Friedens.Zur Kritik einer Theorie liberaler Außen- und Sicherheitspolitik....
The creation of a common EU energy market: a quiet revolution with far-reaching consequences
... recent actions taken by the European Commission and the Court of Justice of the EU against its member states and energy monopolists who directly or indirectly breach the rules of competition in the energy sector. The authors come to the conclusion that liberalization of the European energy sector will eventually have serious theoretical and practical consequences for the EU, as well as third countries, including Russia.
1. Braun, J. 2011, EU Energy Policy under the Treaty of Lisbon Rules: Between ...
Some aspects of John Rawls’s first principle of justice
... spravedlivosti Djona Roulsa) [Justice as contract (critical analysis of the John Rawls’ theory of justice)], in: Problemy politicheskoi filosofii [Issues of political philosophy]. Moscow. S. 69—85.
2. Kuzmina, A. B. 1998, Ideya spravedlivosti v liberal’noi tradicii [Idea of justice in liberal tradition]. Moscow.
3. Rawls, J. 2006, Spravedlivost’ kak chestnost’ [Justice as fairness] // Logos [Logos]. No. 1 (52). S. 35—60.
4. Rawls, J. 2009, Teoriya spravedlivosti [A theory of justice]....
The “illegal” branch of the Russian national patriotic opposition in the USSR: the case of the All-Russian Social-Christian Union for the Liberation of the People
This article is devoted to the activities of the Russian patriotic anti-Soviet organization All-Russian Social-Christian Union for the Liberation of the People, which operated in the Soviet Union in the 1960s. The author examines the ideological basis, program, composition, and structure of the Union and describes the role of the organization in Russian national-patriotic opposition ...
Kantian ethos in J. Rawls’s political philosophy
... Fairness: A Restatement. Cambridge, 2001.
8. Rawls J. Kantian Constructivism in Moral Theory // The Journal of Philosophy. 1980. № 9. P. 515—572.
9. Rawls J. Lectures on the History of Moral Philosophy. Cambridge, 2000.
10. Rawls J. Political Liberalism. New York, 1993.
11. Rawls J. Themes in Kant’s Moral Philosophy // Collected Papers. 1989. P. 140—159.
12. Rawls J. A Theory of Justice: Revised Edition. Cambridge, 1999.
13. Sandel M. Liberalism and the Limits of Justice: Second Edition....
Kant and the contemporary theory of international relations
... political philosophy for the theory of international relations. The answer is giving through the examination of the main trends in the interpretation of Kant's place in one of the major paradigms of the theory of international relations: realism, idealism, liberalism, and institutionalism. Author shows that Kant’s inclusion in a particular paradigm of international relations cannot be directly done. Otherwise, inevitably it comes to distortion and incorrect interpretation of the texts and ideas of Kant....
John Rawls’ interpretation of categorical imperative in “Theory of Justice”
... interpretation of Kant’s categorical imperative is reviewed, some significant aspects of Rawls’ treatment of key notions of rationality, interests and ends are revealed, which limit the possibilities of application of Kantian ethics within Rawls’ liberal egalitarianism.
1. Калинников Л. А. Категорический императив и телеологический метод // Кантовский сборник. 1988. С. 25—38. Вып. 13.
2. Кант И. Основы ...
The philosophical and legal content of Sergey Hessen’s concept of personality
... morality and interpreted law as an insufficient but necessary prerequisite for harmonizing relations in a society. Hessen developed an original understanding of the ideal of state organisation — a democratic state that incorporates the principles of liberalism and socialism.
1. Gessen, S. I., 2010a, Moe zhizneopisanie [My biography], in: Gessen S. I. Izbrannoe [Selected works], Moscow, p. 772—827.
2. Gessen, S. I., 2010b, Pravovoe gosudarstvo i socialism [Legal state and socialism], in: Gessen ...
The policy of cosmopolitism: from universalism to pluralism
This article is devoted to the search for an adequate justification for the modern policy of cosmopolitism. The author maintains that the legitimation of cosmopolitism is of rather cultural than political nature. Liberal cultural pluralism based on universal political and legal principles (Kant and Rawls) proves to be insufficient. However, it provides the means to solve the problems and to avoid the extremes of cultural cosmopolitism, such as the European “negative ...
“Kant’s theory of politics” in “existential liberalism” of Gerhardt
This article focuses on the interpretation of Immanuel Kant’s political views in V. Gerhardt’s “existential liberalism”. The author considers the basic elements of the “theory of politics” presented in this interpretation, emphasises the components of interpretation per se and additional reception, and offers a critical analysis of certain conclusion ...
Islamic Diffusion in the Baltics: The Fruit of European Multiculturalism
... Comission, 174 pp.
16. Jacobsen, B. A. 2016, Hvor mange muslimer bor der i Danmark? Kristeligt Dagblad, available at:
17. Kukathas, Ch. 2003, The Liberal Archipelago: a theory of diversity and Liberal vision, Oxford Scholarship Online, available at:
(accessed 11.04.2017). DOI: 10.1093/019925754X.001.0001
The Notion of Free Will in Sergey Hessen’s Conception of Culture
... kulturphilosophische Essays. Leipzig: W. Engelmann, pp. 42-59.
Hessen, S. I., 1924. The Collapse of Utopianism. Sovremennye zapiski / Annales Contemporaines, 19, pp. 277-295. (In Russ.)
Hessen, S. I., 1924—1927. The Problem of Legal Socialism (Evolution of Liberalism). Sovremennye zapiski / Annales contemporaines, 22, pp. 257-293; 23, pp. 313-342; 27, pp. 382-430; 28, pp. 299-345; 29, pp. 308-342; 30, pp. 380-409; 31, pp. 328-358. (In Russ.)
Hessen, S. I., 1932. The Idea of Social Right. Sovremennye zapiski ...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
... Trade and economic growth: A re-examination of the empirical evidence, HWWI Research, available at:
6. Castilho, M., Menéndez, M., Sztulman, A. 2012, Trade Liberalization, Inequality, and Poverty in Brazilian States, World Development, Vol. 40, no. 4, p. 821—835.
7. Chiquiar, D. 2008, Globalization, regional wage differentials and the Stolper — Samuelson theorem: evidence from Mexico, Journal of International ...
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... state of law and socialism. Trans. S. Mazurek]. Warsaw.
54. Kojkol J. 2001 (a), Kultura i wychowanie w filozoficznej wizji edukacji Sergiusza Hessena [Culture and education in Sergey Hessen’ philosophical vision of education] // Czlowiek i kultury. Liber amicorum. Studia poswiecone profesorowi Miroslawowi Nowaczykowi / pod red. Z. Stachowskiego [Man and cultures. Liber amicorum. Studies dedicated to Professor Miroslaw Nowaczyk / ed. Z. Stachowski]. Warsaw — Tyczyn, p. 85—98.
55. Kojkol J. 2001 ...
Kategorische Rechtsprinzipien in Zeiten der Postmoderne. Interview mit Prof. Dr Otfried Höffe
... mission of the state rather than a subjective right of citizens), and argues that dictatorship and tyranny deserve resistance. Prof. Dr. Höffe gives detailed definitions of the notions of transcendental exchange, categorical legal principles, enlightened liberal democracy, and a world republic. This interview will supplement the body of Prof. Dr. Höffe’s works that have already been translated into Russian.
Hegel, G. W. F. 1979, Über die wissenschaftlichen Behandlungsarten des Naturrechts, seine ...
The demonization of the Red Army as a trend in Western historiography
... and attempts at demonising the image of the Red Army in the modern Western historiography. It is concluded that the key factor behind this approach is the aspiration to misrepresent the role of the USSR in the destruction of Hitler’s Germany and the liberation of Europe from the Nazi slavery, which results in the thesis that the entry of the Red Army was not an act of liberation but rather the beginning of a new occupation, which was even worse that the Nazi one.
1. Амброз С. День «Д»....
Kant and his time — the essay Toward Perpetual Peace against the background of the French Revolution and ensuing wars
... Carl von Clausewitz. Dritte Auflage. Berlin, 1867. Bd. 1—3.
6. Dahrendorf R. Die angewandte Aufklärung. Frankfurt, 1963.
7. Dietze A., Dietze W. Ewiger Friede? Dokumente einer deutschen Diskussion um 1800. München, 1989.
8. Doyle M. W. Kant, Liberal Legacies, and Foreign Affairs // Philosophy and Public Affairs. 1983. Vol. 12, N 3. S. 205—235; 1983. N 4. S. 323—353.
9. Doyle M. W. Liberalism and World Politics // American Political Science Review. 1986. Vol. 80, N 4. S. 1151—1169. ...
A Relation to the Politikal Revolution as a Touchstone for Practical Philosophy
... ways of thinking’ neglecting the fact that, without a ‘falling off of personal despotism and of avaricious or tyrannical oppression’, it is impossible to achieve a ‘true reform in ways of thinking’ and that cruel political revolutions can liberate the society from such oppression. The paper explains Kant’s positive attitude to the French revolution as a ‘historical sign’ of the possibility of moral and legal improvement of humanity through striving for moral goals. Political revolutions ...
The concept “people” in the Cadet Party rhetoric
... Stenograficheskie otchety. [The State Duma. Convocation IV. Session V. Shorthand reports]. Vol. 1. Petrograd (in Russ.).
Izgoev, A., 1911. Political life of Russia. Russkaya mysl’ [Russian thought], 4 (3), pp. 2—6 (in Russ.).
Shelokhaev, V. V., ed., 2001. Liberal’noe dvizhenie v Rossii. 1902—1905 gg. [The liberal movement in Russia. 1902—1905]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Maklakov, V. A., 1936. Vlast’ i obshchestvennost’ na zakate staroi Rossii (vospominaniya sovremennika) [Power and the public at ...
The rhetoric and logic of the representations of the Russian-Turkish War of 1877–1878 in Russian public discourse
... Petersburg (in Russ.).
Dragomanov, M. P., 1876. Turki vnutrennie i vneshnie: Pis'mo k izdatelyu “Novogo vremeni” [Turks internal and external: Letter to the publisher of “New Time”]. Genève: Bale; Lyon: H. Georg (in Russ.).
Kitaev, V. A., 2004. Liberal'naya mysl' v Rossii (1860—1880 gg.) [Liberal Thought in Russia (1860—1880)]. Saratov (in Russ.).
Konstantinov, A., 1979. Izbrannoe [Favorites]. Moscow (in Russ.). Kozhina, E. F., 1969. Romanticheskaya bitva: Ocherki frantsuzskoi romanticheskoi ...
Duty and Coercion in Kant’s Republican Cosmopolitanism
... Global Order: A Case of Background Injustice? in: Philosophy & Public Affairs 37/3, pp. 229—256.
22. Sánchez Madrid, 2013, Private property and a priori general united will in Kant’s Rechtslehre. Some troubles with Kant’s alleged foundation of liberalism, in: Studia Kantiana 15, pp. 103—120.
23. Sánchez Madrid, N. 2014. Has social justice legitimacy in Kant’s theory of right? The empirical conditions of the rightful State as a civil union, in: Revista Trans/Form/Açâo 37/1, pp. 127—146....
Georges Gurvitch and Sergey Hessen on the Possibility of Forming Social Unity
... Zeitschrift für Philosophie der Kultur, 2(1), pp. 92-113.
Hessen, S., 1915. Die Philosophie der Strafe. Logos. Internationale Zeitschrift für Philosophie der Kultur, 5(2), pp. 173-218.
Hessen, S. I., 1924-1927. The Problem of Legal Socialism (Evolution of Liberalism). Sovremennye zapiski / Annales contemporaines, 22, pp. 257-293; 23, pp. 313-342; 27, pp. 382-430; 28, pp. 299-345; 29, pp. 308-342; 30, pp. 380-409; 31, pp. 328-358. (In Rus.)
Hessen, S. I., 1932. The Idea of Social Right. Sovremennye zapiski ...
The opportunities of political agents in the context of Kant’s project of perpetual peace
This article focuses on the interpretation of Kant’s political philosophy given by V. Gerhardt within his “existential liberalism” and by J. Habermas in the applied part of his communicative theory. The author addresses similarity and complementarity in the identification of political agent and its properties.
1. Кант И. К вечному миру // Соч. : ...
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... identify the main problems of this dialogue, as well as prospects for the introduction of a visa-free regime between the EU and Russia. The authors provide a historical overview of cooperation in this area and consider problems and prospects of visa liberalization from the economic, legal, and political perspectives. The analysis draws on primary sources such as the EU and Russia’s legislation, EU — Russia agreements on visa facilitation and readmission, visa statistics, expert interviews, as ...
The theoretical aspects of history of social and cultural adaptation of Russian emigrants in England in the 1870s—1890s
Исторический феномен диаспоры // Национальные диаспоры в России и за рубежом в
—ХХ вв. М
The Society of Friends of Russian Freedom: English Liberals
and Russian Socialists, 1890—1917 // Oxford Slavonic papers. New Series. 1970. Vol.
Alien Invasion: The Origins of the Aliens Act of 1905
Open and enclosed space in a romantic novel
... relation to the problems of artist’s personality and freedoms. An analysis of similar space images used by several authors shows how the tradition was reinterpreted at different stages of romantic thought. Stepping out into the open, which expresses liberation from limitations imposed on the individual, is one of the key motives in the novels of Jena period, while the Heidelberg novel stresses the positive value of “limits”.
1. Васкиневич А. И. Символ в творчестве ...
Development of economy in conditions of liberal reforms
The author discusses negative influence of globalization processes on world economy, presents global geopolitical and geo-economic trends in the context of system of challenges for Russia.
Экономические проблемы социализма: опыт СССР // Феномен Сталин. М.; Краснодар, 2003. С. 174—175.
Проект «Евразия». М., 2004.
2005. 23 марта.
Кто нажился на монетизации // Аргументы и факты. 2006. №
5. С. 18.
Herzen and conservatives: attraction and repulsion
... истины: Опыт православной теодицеи. М., 2003.
14. Carr E. Romantic Exiles. L., 1933.
15. Emerson R. W. The Selected Writings / ed. вy B. Atkinson. N. Y., 1992.
Shulgin V. N.
Christianity, free conservatism, imitation, liberalism, radicalism.
The expansion of school network to the liberated and newly populated territories of the Karelian isthmus in 1944/1945 academic year
This article analyses the problems of school network expansion and the beginning of 1944/1945 academic year on the territory of the Karelian isthmus.
Выписка из годовых отчетов комбината (рукопись) // Отчеты Светогорского ЦБК в Ленинградском областном государственном архиве в г. Выборге (ЛОГАВ). (В настоящее время для исследователей доступна только выписка из этих отчетов, которая находится в библиотеке муниципального отделения культуры и спорта «Культурно-спортивный...
Wittgenstein’s followers vs Habermas: A solution to I. Berlin’s dilemma
This article analyses Berlin’s negative and positive interpretations of freedom and idea of value pluralism. It is concluded that pluralism of values and liberals’ negative freedom results in the problem of relativism and ‘Hobbes/Berlin dilemma’ — the dilemma between individual and collective reasons. The concepts of freedom of L. Wittgenstein’s (Hurly, Pettit) and J. Habermas are considered ...
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
... framework to data availability and methodological approaches. As to the former aspect, recent literature focuses on the hybrid nature of the post-socialist urban space, which underwent transformation in the conditions of globalization and eco-nomic liberalization; the earlier model of spatial development changed dramatically as a result. The multi-scalar and comparative approaches may shed new light on the complex patterns of urban socio-spatial differentiation and its post-Soviet dynamics. Growing ...
Competitiveness of the region: content, factors, policies
Конкурентоспособность и модернизация российской экономики. Начало проекта / Государственный университет-Высшая школа экономики. М., 2004.
Trade Liberalization with Eastern Nations: How Sensitive? // Faini R and Portes R (eds) Eurropean Union Trade with
: Adjustment and Opportunities.
, CEPR, 1995.
Stiglitz J., Hoff K.
The Transition from Communism: A Diagrammatic ...
Political elite networks in Latvia and their transformation in 1993-2014
... Littlefield Publishers, Boulder CO, 1998.
2. Gould R. V., Fernandez R. M. Structures of Mediation: A Formal Approach to Bro¬kerage in Transaction Networks // Sociological Methodology. 1989. № 19. P. 89—126.
3. Higley J., Burton M. Elite Foundations of Liberal Democracy. Boulder, 2006.
4. Knoke D. Political Networks: the Structural Perspective. Cambridge University Press, 1990.
5. Lieven A. The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to In¬de¬pendence. New Haven ; L., 1994.
The Armenian problem in the Ottoman Empire and its consequences in the 1990s of the XIX century
The article examines the causes and results of mass repressions of Armenians in the Ottoman Empire at the end of the XIX century. The connection of the national liberation movement in Western Armenia and Crete was revealed. The power methods of diplomacy in European countries were analyzed.
1. Архив внешней политики Российской империи (АВПРИ). Ф. 151. Оп. 482....
No politics: François Guizot’s historiosophy before 1814
... makes it possible to identify the foundations of the great thinker’s historical theory — foundations cleansed of the political influence of the Bourbon Restoration (1814—1830) and the July Monarchy (1830-1848), where Guizot was an activist of the liberal opposition and later became one of the leaders of the French political elite.
1. Алпатов М. А. Политические идеи французской буржуазной историографии XIX в. М. ; Л., 1949.
2. Гизо ...
Significance of social contract theories for the development of political philosophy in Russia
... Edition. Chicago, 2007.
Political Theology. Four Chapters on the Concept of Sovereignty. MIT Press, 1985.
The Orthodox Way. St Vladimir’s Seminary Press, 1995.
social contract, political rationalism, liberalism, negative anthropology,
Hume, Kant, Carl Schmitt, Rawls.
The Christian right movement in the USA in the 1990s
... States Approaches the Year 2000 / ed. by S. Bruce, P. Kivisto, W. H. Swatos. New Brunswick, 1995.
19. Williams D. K. God's Own Party: The Making of the Christian Right. N. Y.,2010.
20. Wuthnow R. The Struggle for America’s Soul: Evangelicals, Liberals, and Secularism. Grand Rapids, 1989.
United States of America, Christian right movement, U. S. Republican Party, election, conservatism, evangelicals, culture war
On the Dual Role of the Translator of Poetry and the Division of Roles
... determines what linguistic, rhythmic, and formal features of the original the translator will identify. In this situation, the quality of the final translation depends on the quality of the literal translation. This can make the translation either to liberal (if the literal translation was done poorly) or too literal (if the literal translation managed to convey all the details).
1. Gadamer, Kh.-G., 1988. Istina i metod: Osnovy filosofskoi germenevtiki [Truth and method: Fundamentals of philosophical ...
The Image of Contemporary Russia n Language and Culture: the Thematic Issue of «Russian Review»
... materialam elektronnykh versii ezhednevnykh gazet «Mond», «Figaro» i «Liberas'on» za 2008—2012 gg.). [The image of Russia in the contemporary French political media discourse (based on electronic versions of the daily newspapers Mond,
Figaro and Liberation for 2008—2012)]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Riabov, D. O., 2016. Obraz Rossii v politike evropejskoj identichnosti ES [The image of Russia in the European identity policy of the EU]. PhD Thes. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Graver, A. A., 2012. Image ...
Kant’s family ethics and philosophy of love. Part 2. Critique of Judgement
... of beauty, free from any interest, and without the mediation of concepts — appears to be the paramount condition for the possibility of a relationship between the sexes that is ‘compatible with morality’. This is not a restricting, but rather a liberating and affirming kind of satisfaction. Only the capability to see one another in the element of humanly beautiful, the capability to rejoice in one another in the beauty which gives birth to the culture of all faculties of human beings, is, according ...
The Anglo-Saxon traditions in the educational system: educa-tion as a commercial enterprise
... академической культуры США // Вестник Тамбовского университета. Сер.: Общественные науки. 2016. № 4 (8). С. 42—54.
6. Barrow C. W. Universities and the Capitalist State. Corporate Liberalism and the Reconstruction of American Higher Education, 1894—1928. Madison (Wisconsin), 1990.
7. Butler N. M. The American as he is. N. Y. 1908.
8. Cooke M. L. Academic and Industrial Efficiency. A Report to the Carnegie Foundation for the ...
“Russian people” in the literature and documents of the 19th century: an experience of linguistic portraiture
... mythologized. The authors concluded that the concept “Russian people” is composed of two parts — ‘ordinary people’ and ‘society’. The latter behaves in a fatherly way, taking upon itself the mission of enlightenment of ordinary people and their liberation. In the semantic field “Russian people” there are numerous semantic components directly related to the concept analysed: faith, faithfulness, patience, tolerance, understanding, receptivity, openness, simple-mindedness, juvenility, ...
The modern historiography on the gender aspects of the history of the First World War
... War. P. 16—35.
10. Gatrell P. The Epic and the Domestic. Women and War in Russia,
1914—1917 // Evidence, History and the Great War. Historians and the impact of 1914—1918 / ed. G. Braybon. N. Y.; Oxford, 2003. P. 198—215.
11. Grayzel S. R. Liberating Women? Examining Gender, Morality, and Sexuality in First World War Britain and France // Ibid. P. 113—134.
12. Grayzel S. R. The Baby in the Gas Mask: Motherhood, Wartime Technology, and the Gendered Division Between the Fronts During and ...
The concept “people” in the modern European political thought: Hobbes, Spinoza, Pufendorf
... Herausgegeben von Wilhelm Schmidt-Biggemann. Bd. 2. De officio. Herausgegeben von Gerald Hartung. Berlin: Akademie Verlag.
Pufendorf, S., von., 1998. Gesammelte Werke. Herausgegeben von Wilhelm Schmidt-Biggemann. Bd. 4-2. De jure naturae et gentium (Liber quintus-octavus). Herausgegeben von Frank Böhling. Berlin: Akademie Verlag.
Rousseau, J. J., 2001. Du contrat social. Paris: Mozambook.
Skinner, Q., 2018. From Humanism to Hobbes : Studies in Rhetoric and Politics. Cambridge University Press....
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
.... 10. (In Russ.)
13. Crawford, S. E. S., Ostrom, E. A. 2005, Grammar of Institutions. In: Ostrom, E., Princeton, N. J. Understanding Institutional Diversity, Princeton University Press, p. 137—174.
14. Furceri, D., Prakash L. 2015, Capital Account Liberalization and Inequality, IMF Working Paper, 15/243, Washington.
15. Hellman, J. S. 1998, Winners Take All, World Politics, no. 50.
16. International Monetary Fund, World Economic Outlook Database, 2016, available at:
Political reconsideration of the Soviet past: attitudes and actions of the Lithuanian elites
... practices, truths, and methods. However, conservatives are very consistent in their restrictive views about the past and are willing to engage in propagating decision-making that prevents them from repeating the actions of the past. Social democrats, liberals, and populists are much more internally divided and tend to display lukewarm attitudes towards the Soviet past and its political reconsideration. Yet, the present analysis of the adopted laws and public policies, alongside a study on the attitudes ...