Evaluating evidence in the adversarial system
... article considers the purpose of the trial — establishing the truth through considering and resolving a criminal case. The authors present different perspectives on the position of the court during the examination and analyse the process of presenting evidence that determine the content and function of the criminal case consideration and its resolution.
1. Даровских С. М. Принцип состязательности и равноправия сторон в уголовном процессе ...
On implementation of legal investigation in the Russian criminal process
The quality of a defense lawyer’s work depends on the skills, knowledge, professional experience and some other factors, but still the most efficient tool is the range of lawyer’s mandate, and more specifically, the access to collecting the evidence. The article considers the challenges of a lawyer’s work in collecting evidence, specific proposals to improve the process of collecting evidence in a criminal process are made. The area of criminal procedural law governing the power to gather ...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
The existing theoretical and empirical literature focusing on interconnections between international trade, trade liberalisation, and economic development provides ample evidence pertaining to nations and industries. However, another dimension of trade liberalisation — the assessment of the level of national or regional development — needs further research. This article sets out to analyse theoretical and empirical ...
Tactics and technology of the analysis of evidence obtained during operational and investigative activity by the defense
This article describes the basic principles of operational and investigative activities (OIAs), with a focus on the formation of evidence on the basis of information obtained during the OIAs. The author analyses judicial actions taken during court proceedings, which are aimed at the verification of the evidence formed on the basis of the information obtained in the course ...
Formalisation of cognition in a special proceeding trial
Criminal procedural cognition in special judicial proceedings is largely based on the provisions of the concept of formal (legal) evidence. The formalisation of evidence presupposes the availability of the necessary proofs and mandatory sources of evidence that create proper conditions for the implementation of the procedural norm of Chapter 40 of the Code of Criminal Procedure....
The principle of mutual recognition of court orders within legal cooperation on criminal cases in the European Union
This article considers particular problems of cooperation on criminal matters in the European Union using the example of the European Arrest Warrant and European Evidence Warrant.
on the functioning of the European Union, consolidated version //
Conclusions, Tampere European Council 15 and 16 October 1999. URL
Competitive effects of low trade barriers: evaluations for the Kaliningrad region
... pressure on domestic prices. The analysis did not confirm the hypothesis about the considerable influence of European prices on the short run dynamics of the regional consumer prices index or prices for certain imported goods. Nevertheless, indirect evidence of competitive effects of foreign trade was found in the course of a comparative analysis of price levels in the regions of the Northwest Federal district: the cost of the standard set of consumer goods and services in the Kaliningrad region ...
Investigation of Criminal Cases Done in the Field of Circulation of Digital Financial Assets
... of possible actions that need to be carried out by the bodies conducting the preliminary investigation or by the body conducting operational-search activities in the investigation of the theft of cryptocurrency. Mainly, the article focuses on the evidence aspect related to the collection, analysis and fixing of evidence obtained at the pre-trial stages of criminal proceedings. The main result of scientific research is the development of a methodology for investigating crimes in which crypto ...
The notarial institution and protection of the Internet users’ rights: Relevant issues
This article considers relevant issues of protecting the Internet users’ rights in terms of notarial perpetuation of evidence and the prospects of its development. The author formulates proposals regarding legislation improvement
1. Гражданский процессуальный кодекс Российской Федерации от 14.11.2002 г. № 138-ФЗ ...
The memoirs of Maria Danilewicz-Zielińska as evidence of the era
... connections. The article analyses the reflection of the cultural context of the Kujawy region of the early 20th century in the works of Maria Danilewicz-Zielińska. Special attention is paid to the autobiographical book Fado o moim życiu, which is considered evidence of the era.
1. Литература русского зарубежья (1920—1990) / под общ. ред. А. И. Смирновой. М., 2006.
2. Adamczyk K. Szkice o literaturze emigracyjnej — jako autobiografia // Archiwum emigracji....
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... potential of small municipalities: From theory to practice // Revista Espanola De Investigaciones Sociologicas. 2019. № 168. P. 3—20. doi: 10.5477/cis/reis.168.3.
5. De Marchi V., Grandinetti R. Regional innovation systems or innovative regions? Evidence from Italy // Tijdschrift Voor Economische En Sociale Geografie. 2017. № 108 (2). P. 234—249. doi: 10.1111/tesg.12217.
6. Druzhinin A. G., Gorochnya V. V., Gontar N. V. et al. Transboundary clusters in the coastal zones of the European part ...
Проблемы современного доказательственного права в уголовном процессе
... проблемы. Предлагается внести изменение в нормативное определение понятия источников доказательств.
This article focuses on the procedural and legal nature of sources of evidence in the criminal procedure. The authors analyse principal perspectives presented in modern Russian literature, offer their own solution to this problem, and suggest amending the normative description of the concept of source of evidence.
1. Об ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
... effective, the measures taken by the regional authorities seem insufficient for an isolated regional labour market.
1. Brada, J. C., Marelli, E., and Signorelli, M. 2014, Introduction: young people and the labor market: key determinants and new evidence, Comp. Econ. Stud., vol. 56, no. 4, p. 556—566. doi:
2. Fadda, S., Tridico, P. (eds.) 2016, Varieties of Economic Inequality, NY, Routledge.
3. Liotti, G. 2020, Labour market flexibility, economic crisis ...
On the benthic foraminifera species of Alabaminella weddellensis and Epistominella exigua in paleo-oceanologic reconstructions
... Atlantic Ocean // Marine Micropaleontology. 1997. Vol. 32. P. 289—310.
12. Ferreira F., Frontalini F., Leao C. J. et al. Changes in the water column structure and paleoproductivity in the western South Atlantic Ocean since the middle Pleistocene: Evidence from benthic and planktonic foraminifera // Quaternary International. 2014. Vol. 352. P. 111—123.
13. Fontanier C., Jorissen F. J., Licari L. et al. Live benthic foraminiferal faunas from the Bay of Biscay: faunal density, composition, and ...
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
... Measuring the efficiency of heritage institutions: A case study of a regional system of museums in Spain // Journal of cultural heritage. 2009. Vol. 10, № 2. P. 258—268.
5. De Witte K., Geys B. Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries // Journal of urban economics. 2011. Vol. 69, № 3. P. 319—327.
6. Charnes A., Cooper W. W., Rhodes E. Measuring the efficiency of decision making units // European journal ...
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
... kolichestvennyj analiz [The role of economic integration and disintegration of the former Soviet Union: a quantitative analysis], Problemy prognozirovanija [Problems of Forecasting], no. 5, p. 58—73.
12. Sala-i Martin. X. 1996, Regional Cohesion: Evidence and Theories of Regional Growth and Convergence, European Economic Review, Vol. 40, no. 6, June, p. 1325—1352.
13. Sala-i-Martin, X. 1996, The Classical Approach to Convergence Analysis, The Economic Journal, Vol. 106, no. 437, July, p. 1019—1036....
Kants Freiheitsargument. Diskussion von Heiko Puls: Sittliches Bewusstsein und Kategorischer Imperativ in Kants Grundlegung: Ein Kommentar zum dritten Abschnitt. Berlin und Boston: De Gruyter, 2016. 318 S.
... contribution to recent research on Kant’s Groundwork. Nevertheless, his interpretations sometimes seem to favour analysis of loose philological relationships over closer looks on the contexts of passages. Or he focuses excessively on isolated textual evidences for his readings without appropriately recognising the various other evidences against it. In what follows, I give examples for this criticism.
1. Beck, L. W., 1995. Kants Kritik der praktischen Vernunft. 3. Aufl. München: Wilhelm Fink.
A transcendental analysis of mathematics: The constructive nature of mathematics
... abstraktnye (matematicheskie) ob'ekty, konstrukcii i dokazatel'stva [Transcendental analysis of mathematics: abstract (mathematical) objects, constructions and proofs]. In: Dokazatel'stvo: ochevidnost', dostovernost' i ubeditel'nost' v matematike [Proof: evidence, credibility and convincing sequences in mathematics. Moscow Study in the Philosophy of Mathematics], Moscow, s. 86—120.
16. Katrechko, S. L. 2014в, Matematika kak «rabota» s abstraktnymi ob"ektami: ontologo— transcendental'nyiy status ...
Regional innovation security as a coherence of multi-cyclic self-organizing: experience in building an ideal model
12. Akar C. Analyzing the synchronization between the financial and business cycles in Turkey // Journal of Review on Global Economics. 2016. Vol. 5. P. 25—35.
13. Allegret J. P., Essaadi E. Business cycles synchronization in East Asian economy: Evidences from time-varying coherence study // Economic Modelling. 2011. № 28 (1—2). Р. 351—365.
14. Beck K. Migration and business cycles: testing the OCA theory predictions in the European Union // Applied Economics Letters. 2020. Р. 1—5.
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... Results indicate that the ten most competitive countries tend to be driven by foreign direct investment, exports and entrepreneurship.
1. Bergstrand, J. H. 1985, The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence, The Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 67, no. 3, p. 474—481.
2. Binda, V. 2010, Creating Nordic Capitalism. The Business History of a Competitive Periphery, Revista De Historia Industrial, no. 42, p. 205—206.
3. Blonigen, B. A., Davies,...
The Real Target of Kant’s “Refutation”
Kant was never satisfied with the version of his “Refutation” published in 1787 (KrV, B 275-279). His dissatisfaction is already evident in the footnote added to the preface of the second edition of the Critique in 1787. As a matter of fact, Kant continued to rework his argument for at least six years after 1787. The main exegetical problem is to figure out who is the target of ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
4. Imbs, J., Pauwels, L. 2020, A new measure of openness, VoxEU.org, available at:
(accessed 5 August 2020).
5. Banh, H., Wingender, P., Gueye, C. 2020, Global Value Chains and Productivity: Micro Evidence from Estonia, IMF.org, available at:
07/03/Global-Value-Chains-and-Productivity-Micro-Evidence-from-Estonia-49376 (accessed 5 August 2020).
6. Hagemejer, J. 2018, Trade and growth in the new ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... Oblast. // Conferinţa Ştiinţifică Internatională «Politici Economice de Integrare Europeană» (23—24 septembrie 2005). Chişinău, 2005. P. 230—233.
45. Philipov D., Kohler H.-P. Tempo Effects in the Fertility Decline in Eastern Europe: Evidence from Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Russia// European Journal of Population. 2001. Vol. 17. P. 37—60.
46. Pojaková D. Štrukturálne a prestorowé zmieny priemyslu pod vplyvom socioekonomickiej transformácie // Ročnik ...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... remigrants for society welfare growth: challenges and experiences in a comparative perspective’, financed by the Research Council of Lithuania.
1. Žvalionytė, D. 2014. The Integration of Return Migrants in Their Home Country’s Labour Market Evidence from Lithuania, Summary of PhD thesis. doi:
2. Haynes, M., Galasińska, A. 2016, Narrating Migrant Workplace Experiences: Social Remittances to Poland as Knowledge of British Workplace Cultures, ...
A comparative analysis of health behaviour factors in children in the conditions of family education: Russian and American cases
... федерального университета им. И. Канта. Калининград, 2012. Вып. 11. С. 146—149.
2. Smith K. R., Mineaua G. P., Garibottib G. et al. Effects of childhood and middleadulthood family conditions on later-life mortality: evidence from the Utah population database, 1850—2002 // Social Science & Medicine. 2009. № 68. P. 1649—1658.
Mekhovich G. A.
health behavior, family education, factors of family education
The system-building role of the thing-in-itself in Kant's philosophy
All three meanings of the notion "thing-initself" (object, subject and the transition between them), despite the evident opposition, constitutes the object of the central problem of philosophy in Kant's system. Kant is an innovator in both posing and answering the question. This answer is agnostic but not in the empirical or scientific sense, but rather in the solely ...
The geochronology of the Holocene vegetation deve¬lopment in the South-east Baltic region (based on the results of a paleogeographic study)
... paleoclimatic stages of South-East Baltic coast (Kaliningrad region) during Middle and Late Holocene // Methods of absolute chronology.
About reconstruction of the forests history
Lithuania during the Holocene on evidence derived from palynological analysis //
Druzhinina O. A.
peat bog, radiocarbon dating, palynological analysis, vegetation dynamics, South-east Baltic region.
On the correspondence between Wislawa Szymborska and Kornel Cornelius Filipowicz
The correspondence between Wislava Szimborska and Cornelius Philipovich entitled “Your cat has the best of lives” and published in 2016 can be seen as a biographical account and historical evidence of two writers, a record of life of artistic people in Poland in the 1960s. Stylistic character of Szimborska is studied on the background of her creative poetry.
1. Ворошильская Н. Коллажи Виславы Шимборской ...
The condition of a group of the sandhopper Talitrus saltator (Montagu, 1808) on the Vistual Spit coast
This article provides evidence of the critical condition of the Baltic Talitridae occurring in the sand beach areas and affected by heavy motor traffic. Their individual mass has declined significantly and the average and total number increased dramatically.
1. Булычева ...
The identification of the predominant age of the crystalline basement of continental and ocean platforms
This article presents the evidence of the ancient origin of crystalline basement of the platform areas of the Earth developed as a result of global volcanism in the Hadean (more than 4 Ga). In the late Mesozoic-early Cenozoic, another outbreak of volcanism and dehydration of subsoils ...
Contemporary society as a post-industrial and technogenic one
... – the use of only sociological and economic analysis and disregard of social philosophy. The author offers a scientific and philosophical substantiation of the technogenic development of society and the world, its crisis condition, and presents the evidence as to why contemporary society is a post-industrial and technogenic one.
1. Белл Д. Грядущее постиндустриальное общество. Опыт социального прогнозирования. М., 1999.
The dynamics of men’s 100 meters records in Russia
The records of Russian athletes are the clearest evidence of a growth in athletics development records. An analysis of the records dynamics makes it possible not only to register the key moments in the history of a chosen sport against the background of changing methodological attitudes, but also to ...
Gravitation power and migratory mobility of the regions population
... XII международная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества. М., 2012. Кн. 1. С. 323—333.
11. Andrienko Yu., Guriev S. Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia: evidence from panel data // William Davidson working paper. 2003. P. 7.
12. Miller H. J. Tobler's First Law and Spatial Analysis //Annals of the Association of American Geographers. 2004. Vol. 94, is. 2.
Novgorod region, Pskov region,...
Large business in the coastal zones of Russia: features and factors of localisation
Russia’s evident ‘turn to the sea’ as regards the economy, the infrastructure, and population distribution patterns is very much in line with the interests and projects of large businesses. This change manifests itself in the development of port and logistics ...
Intonational means of expressing the "new" and the "given" categories in English, Russian and Spanish
... involvement in spoken and written language // Paper presented at the 2nd Congress of the International Association for Semiotic Studies. Vienna, 1979. P. 195—215.
4. Cruttenden A. Intonation. Cambridge, 1986.
5. German J., Pierrenhumbert J., Kaufmann S. Evidence for phonological constraints on nuclear accent placement // Language. 2006. Vol. 82, № 1. P. 151—168.
6. Gunter R. On the placement of accent in dialogue: A feature of context grammar // Journal of Linguistics. 1966. 2. P. 159—179.
The danish parliament as an actor of Denmark’s foreign policy towards the EU and Russia: a comparative analysis, 2005—2019
... EU and Russia. The concentric circles model is employed to assess the level of the Danish Parliament’s participation in the foreign policy of the Kingdom of Denmark in different regions of the world. The study conducts a comparative analysis of the evidence of the Parliament’s influence on Denmark’s relations with the EU, the EFTA, and Russia. The findings lead one to conclude that the Danish Parliament’s participation in the country’s foreign policy towards EU bodies is highly institutionalised ...
Preventing Errors in Formation of Interrogatee’s Situational Attitude
... Уголовное дело №
Психологическая теория принятия решений. М., 1979.
criminalistical tactics, investigation plan, tactic of evidence reception,
The features of electron density behavior in the ionosphere-plasmasphere system above equatorial station Jicamarca in the end of September 2011
... The agreement of the model calculation results and observation data analysis was obtained in quiet conditions and during geomagnetic storms.
1. Balan N., Bailey G. J., Abdu M. A. et al. Equatorial plasma fountain and its effects over three locations: Evidence for an additional layer, the F3 layer // J. Geophys.Res. 1997. Vol. 102, №A2. P. 2047—2056.
2. Klimenko M. V., Zhao B., Karpachev A. T., Klimenko V. V. Stratification of the lowlatitude and near-equatorial F2 layer, topside ionization ledge,...
Population Migration as an Evidence of Regional Economic Attraction (through the Example of the Pskov Region)
The administrative territorial division of the Pskov region is considered in historical context. The author distinguishes the stages of formation of the Pskov region as an administrative territorial unit of the Russian Federation and analyses the population dynamics, natural population increase and migrations on the territory of the present-day Pskov region in the 19th-21st centuries. Special attention is drawn to migration control as a factor of the economic development of the region.
Alchemic symbols as a means of psychoanalytical description in N. Kononov's story «Source of Injury»
... images of the moon and air, appears as a projection of the Anima, which refers to the subconscious. The narrator and his character play the role of the conscious part of the psyche abiding behind the momentary consciousness. Although the narrative is evidently about a mental illness, a split personality in the state of psychosis, it still structures past events and their analytical understanding, leading to their strictly individual perception.
Kononov, N., 2012. Source of injuries. In: N....
Character’s existence in the Königsberg/Kaliningrad toposphere: Yu.N Ivanov’s Dances in the Crematorium and Michael Wieck’s The Decline of Königsberg
... to the human being and the world.
1. Berdyaev, N. A., 1995. Tsarstvo dukha i tsarstvo kesarya [The Kingdom of Spirit and the Kingdom of Caesar]. Moscow.
2. Vik, M., 2004. Zakat Kenigsberga. Svidetel'stvo nemetskogo evreya [Sunset of Koenigsberg. Evidence of a German Jew]. St. Petersburg; Potsdam.
3. Gaidenko, P. P., 1994. Man and history in the existential philosophy of Karl Jaspers. In: Yaspers, K. Smysl i naznachenie istorii [Meaning and purpose of history]. Moscow. pp. 5—26.
Strategic development of a university in the Russian exclave
... ekonomiki, № 2, pp. 85—100.
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, № 23(2), pp. 365—378.
Cassiolato, J. E., Lastres, H. M., Maciel, M. L.
2003. Systems of Innovation and Development — Evidence from Brazil. Cheltenham; Northampton.
1998. Creating entrepreneurial universities: organizational pathways of transformation. Paris.
Malizia, E., Feser, E.
2000. Understanding local economic development. New Jersey.
Associative-semantic network principle of human mental thesaurus organization
Present paper is an endeavor to analyze the outcomes of the celebrated experiment Violin, expressing the structure of associative-semantic links in human brain. Based upon evidence gained from objective neurophysiological methods, certain dictionary articles of the Associative Thesaurus of the Russian Language have thus been analyzed. A comparative analysis of behavioral experiments is offered based on which associative ...
The bological effects of thermal impact on plants
... as indicators of the environment, its condition and changes. This article identifies the differences in the thermodynamic reactions of trees growing in areas with different seismicity.
1. Serreze M. C., Walsh J. E., Chapin F. S. et al. Observational evidence of recent changes in the northern high-latitude environment // Climatic Change. 2000.Vol. 46. P. 159—207.
2. Минин А. А. Фенология Русской равнины: материалы и обобщения. М.,2000.
3. Roetzer ...
I. Kant on religion, faith, god, and church
... theoretical to the practical, studies on religion proceed from the theoretical significance of the idea of God considered in the Lectures to the practical aspects of this idea addressed in the Religion. The Lectures contain a vast body of speculative evidence of the existence of God, which is completely absent in Religion. Religion places a much stronger emphasis on the need for the moral perfection of human beings than the Lectures do. However, it would be wrong to assume that the Lectures present ...
Between faith and disbelief: the theme of life and death in Yu. N. Ivanov’s novel Dances in the Crematory: Ten Episodes from the Life of Königsberg
...., 2015. Tantsy v krematorii: desyat' epizodov kenigsbergskoi zhizni [Dances in crematorium: ten episodes of Königsberg life]. Kaliningrad (in Russ.).
Ilyin, I.A., 1993. The path of spiritual renewal. In: I.A. Ilyin. Put' k ochevidnosti [The way to evidence]. Moscow, pp. 134-403 (in Russ.).
Losskii, N.O., 1994. Bog i mirovoe zlo [God and world evil]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Trubetskoy, E.N., 1994. Smysl zhizni [Meaning of life]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Ю. Н. Иванов, Кёнигсберг, Калининград,...
The social representations of Russian and Polish students as regards induced termination of pregnancy
... peripheral system: their functions and roles in the dynamic of social representation // Papers on Social representations. 1993. № 2. P. 75—78.
14. Robinson G. E., Stotland N. L., Russo N. F. et al. Is there an «abortion trauma syndrome»? Critiquing the evidence // Harv. Rev. Psychiatry. 2009. Vol. 17 (4). P. 268—290.
15. Pedersen W. Abortion and depression: a population-based longitudinal study of young women // Scand. J. 2008. Vol. 36 (4). P. 424—428.
Karas I. S., Antonova T. A.
abortion, structure ...
On the nature of thinking without representation
... describe so-called thinking of differences, which severs any connection with the premises of natural pre-philosophical thinking and good will tending towards good and truth. The author believes that Deleuze’s thinking of differences does have a rather evident premise. For Deleuze, thinking is an energy flow or sensual “vitality”.Another approach to analysing the fundamentals of thinking can be found in Kant’s article “What Does It Mean to Orient Oneself in Thinking?” where he speaks of the ...
Reception of Cohen’s ethics in Russia
... human being as a holder of rights and responsibilities rather than a being affected by emotions and passion as from the psychological perspective or that guided by their own interests as from the economic one.The Russian philosopher also stresses the evident positivity of the definition of ethics in Cohen’s principle of the law of truth that can be correctly perceived only within a combination of the logical and the ethical.
1. Дмитриева Н. А. Русское неокантианство: ...
Daniel Everett and Cultural Linguistics
... linguistic cultural studies. Everett’s definitions of language and culture are contrasted with those of various schools in linguistics. It should be noted that Everett does not appear to use the term linguistic worldview. Yet, due to the rich empirical evidence found and set out in his books and papers, Everett effectively summarizes the views on the subject of worldview. Everett’s standpoint does not show significant differences from those of Anna Wierzbicka, or Veronika N. Teliya. At the end of ...