Evaluation of a work of art in journalistic texts: E. Vodolazkin’s novel Lavr
The author analyses the process of evaluating works of art in media texts and highlights the main stages of this process. The author proposes a methodology for analyzing speech forms of journalistic representation of a work of art based on the achievements of modern Russian intentional ...
Tools for evaluating the competitiveness of innovative clusters
Federal programmes to support regional clusters in Russia were introduced several years ago. Today, they need updating and revision. A promising starting point for effective support for hi-tech and innovative clusters may be an evaluation of cluster performance aimed to understand whether further development and financing of cluster projects are required and whether the list of supported clusters should be extended or reduced.
This article analyses the case of the Silicon Saxony ...
Subjective and modal evaluation in the newspaper and media discourse
On the basis of an analytical article from the “Rossiyskaya gazeta” newspaper, the author considers the subjective-modal evaluations
that form the author’s opinion in the text, identifies the means of expression of such evaluations, and establishes their functionalsemantic
Особенности публицистического ...
On the concept of normative evaluation of cost-effectiveness of GLONASS application in coastal regions
... are introducing the system. Experts believe that this process will take from 3 to 5 years. The introduction and integrated use of GLONASS pose a number of organizational and economic problems for regional administrations. One of such problems is the evaluation of economic benefit from GLONASS implementation in the region. Economics has developed a large number of methodological approaches to the calculation of such effects in different fields of satellite information application: Earth's remote probing,...
Evaluating and Measuring the Security of Russia’s Border Regions: Theory and Practice
... little studied in the context of border regions. In this article, we address the methodological problems of employing existing methods and models for measuring the economic security of border regions. We pay special attention to the development of an evaluation algorithm incorporating the border regions’ characteristics, the identification of groups (classes), a set of universal, specific, and special indicators as well as the impact of protective measures on economic security. To justify our proposals,...
Set of algorithms for constructing university timetable – part 1: system of evaluating timetable quality based on fuzzy logic and features of algorithm for searching an optimal timetable
A new approach for evaluating the quality of University timetables is proposed. This approach uses a multicriterion expert system with two quality
indexes: the average penalty imposed on timetabling and highest penalty imposed on one of the constraints. The system based ...
Implications of J. L. Holland’s theory: applicability of RIASEC structure and assessment to English language teachers of the Kaliningrad region
... Search using back-translation procedures // Journal of Career Assessment.1997. № 5. P. 105—113.
14. Gottfredson G. D., Holland J. L. Dictionary of Holland occupational codes.Odessa, 1996.
15. Hedrih V. Structure of vocational interests in Serbia: evaluation of the spherical model // Journal of Vocational Behavior. 2008. № 73. P. 13—23.
16. Holland J. L. Making vocational choices: a theory of careers. Englewood Cliffs.NJ. 1973.
17. Idem. Manual for the Vocational Preference Inventory. Odessa; ...
Evaluative lexis as a component of subjective modality in the Russian handwritten newspaper Vesti-kuranty
Based on the materials of the handwritten Vesti-Kuranty newspaper, this article analyses the functional significance of evaluative lexis — adjective, adverbs, and nouns with subjective modal meanings conveying expressive emotional reactions of the author of a newspaper text to the described histori-cal events, as well as the temper and actions of its participants.
The functional features of author's intentions in the first Russian newspaper Vedomosti
This article discusses the features of the author’s modal evaluations in the texts of the first Russian newspaper Vedomosti. The article identifies modal evaluative meanings and the language means of their implementation and analyses the mechanism of interaction between objectively modal and subjectively modal ...
English and Russian evaluative adverbs
The paper proposes an approach to determine correspondences between the relevant pairs of Russian and English evaluative adverbs. It has resulted in a list of Russian and the corresponding English pairs of adverbs. Chains of quasi-synonymous words linking the adverbs are constructed. An important feature of antonyms is the fact that negatively-oriented antonyms ...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... the scientific and technological potential through identifying its resources and orientation towards transforming abilities. On the basis of the existing methods of comparative analysis used in Russia and abroad, the author proposes a methodology for evaluating scientific and technological potential in the context of regional and international comparison. The integral index is calculated on the basis of a customised information and statistical database of normalised indicators through the identification ...
Measurement of liver volume using imaging techniques of various modalities
Evaluation of liver volume is of great importance in the management of certain liver diseases and systemic disorders involving the liver. With the development of innovative technologies for the partial liver resection and transplantation lifetime assessment ...
Traditional instructional media in British higher education: the analysis of effects of application
... following media are considered: audio-visual; traditional computer; interactive video; early multimedia. A conclusion is drawn about the necessity to carefully integrate instructional media into the educational context.
An analysis of evaluations of interactive video / Educational Technology. 1986. № 26. P. 7—17.
Multimeeeja … who needsya / The CTISS File. 1992. October. № 14. P. 9—14.
Anticipating the impact of multimedia in education: ...
The evaluation of thermal conductivity coefficient in vertical direction at mat coat f the Baltic Sea
The article provides the example of an evaluation of thermal conductivity in vertical direction under the data of field observations in
the coastal waters of Sambia peninsula is considered. The calculation of volume absorption of solar radiation is made.
Evaluation and Modality: Interaction of Meanings in Old Russian Texts (Literary Slavic texts of the 14th — 15th Centuries)
The article considers the interaction between modality and affective evaluation on the basis of hagiography of the ХIV—ХV centuries in the framework of medieval concept of the moral meaning of the beautiful.
Мих. Яросл. Тверск. —
Михаила Ярославича Тверского // ...
To the question of creating a stationary plasma engine of increased power
... космической программе // Там же.
7. Arhipov B., Krochak L., Maslennikov N., Scortecci F. Investigation of SPT-200 Operating Characteristics at Power Levels up to 12 kW // IEPC 97-132.
8. Robert S. Jankovsky, C. M., McVey J. Preliminary Evaluation of a 10kW Hall Thruster // AIAA 99-0456.
9. Manzella D., Jankovsky R., & Hofer R. Laboratory Model 50 kW Hall Thruster // AIAA 2002-3676.
10. Kamhawi H., Haag T., Jacobson D., Manzella D. Performance Evaluation of the NASA-300M 20 kW Hall Effect ...
The illocutionary aims of the positive-evaluative speech acts (in English artistic discourse)
The article analyses functional-semantic characteristics of the speech acts of positive evaluation in English artistic discourse. The article represents the taxonomy of the speech acts of positive evaluation and it includes the analysis of their illocutionary aims.
1. Апресян Ю. Д. Интегральное описание языка ...
Normal range of liver stiffness measurement in healthy people
... Biol. 2014. Vol. 40 (11). P. 2549—2555. doi: 10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio. 2014.05.008.
14. Karlas T., Pfrepper C., Wiegand J. et al. Acoustic radiation force impulse imaging (ARFI) for non-invasive detection of liver fibrosis: examination standards and evaluation of interlobe differences in healthy subjects and chronic liver disease // Scand. J. Gastroenterol. 2011. Vol. 46 (12). P. 1458—1467. doi: 10.3109/00365521.2011. 610004.
15. Kim K. M., Choi W. B., Park S. H. et al. Diagnosis of hepatic steatosis ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... values of aggregate indices, at which a given SEES maintain its characteristics and regime properties within a certain QOL class.
1. Biktimirova, Z. Z. 2005, Kachestvo zhizni: problemy izmerenija i ocenki [Quality of life: problems of measurement and evaluation], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy], no. 2, p. 147—162.
2. Boblakova, L. М., Dmitriev, V. V. 2014, Integral'naja ocenka kachestva zhizni naselenija g. Sankt-Peterburga i g. Moskvy [Integral assessment of the quality of life of the ...
A comparative evaluation of the correlation analysis and maximum likelihood method resolution in the reception of phase-shift keying signals based on Barker codes
... the maximum likelihood method resolution in the reception of two radioprobing signals based on Barker’s codes. The study is based on the expressions ob-tained by the authors within optimum reception theory that make it possible to carry out a joint evaluation of the same parameters of two signals and re-solve them based on these parameters.
1. Пахотин В. А., Бессонов В. А., Молостова С. В., Власова К. В. Курс лекций для радиофизических ...
Kant’s teaching about reality as understood and evaluated by Hartmann
Ognev A. I. (prepared for publication, foreword by E. A. Butina, edited by N. A. Dmitrieva)
Challenges of the ultrasound measurement and evaluation of the liver size
Sales Modeling in an Investment Project Evaluation
The article deals with the sales part of investment project evaluation calculations. A number of parameters are recommended for taking into consideration, such as start of sales, starting sales volume, planned sales volume, seasonality, prices growth and other. Spreadsheet formulas are presented.
1. Баев ...
Model evaluation of the directed properties of rectangular loops
Model evaluation of the directed properties of rectangular loops with different form coefficient is carried out on the basis of theoretical approach, developed by authors. Comparison of the received results with known experimental values of the studied parameters ...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... Moscow, 2014, 525 p. (In Russ.)
3. Belyaev, A. N., Derman, D. O., Tsygankov, D. B. 2011, Methodological approaches to meta-evaluation of the quality of the regulatory impact assessments, Proektirovanie, monitoring i otsenka [Engineering, monitoring and evaluation], no. 1, p. 23—51. (In Russ.)
4. Voloshenko, K. Yu., Kuznetsova, A. L. 2014, The Balance Model of Regional Development Management in Certain Territorial Conditions: Development and Application, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 4−21. doi: 10....
Latent Evaluation in Infinitive Writing
Вопросы поэтики. Постскриптум к одноименной книге //
Работы по поэтике. М., 1987. С. 80—98.
linguopoetics, infinitive, writing, modality, evaluation
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
4. Del Barrio M. J., Herrero L. C., Sanz J. Á. Measuring the efficiency of heritage institutions: A case study of a regional system of museums in Spain // Journal of cultural heritage. 2009. Vol. 10, № 2. P. 258—268.
5. De Witte K., Geys B. Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries // Journal of urban economics. 2011. Vol. 69, № 3. P. 319—327.
6. Charnes A., Cooper W. W., Rhodes E. Measuring the ...
he new formula of the liver volume calculation: the integration into the automatic ultrasound diagnostic work station (AWS) "Assistant"
3. Zoli M., Magalotti D., Grimaldi M. et al. Physical examination of the liver: is it still worth it? // Am. J. Gastroenterol. 1995. Vol. 90(9). P. 1428—1432.
4. Da Silva R. M., Pereira R. B., Siqueira M. V. Correlation between clinical evaluation of liver size versus ultrasonography evaluation according to body mass index (BMI) and biotypes // Rev. Med. Chile. 2010. Vol. 138. P. 1495—1501.
5. Изранов В. А., Казанцева Н. В., Белецкая М. А. Проблемы ...
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
... development of common approaches to sel ection criteria, competition indicators and assessment tools at the micro-, meso-, and macro-levels. This study identifies the development stage of Latvia’s regions and considers methods as well as experience of evaluation and improvement of the competitiveness of Latvia’s regions. The authors describe priorities and tools for regional innovative development and analyze conditions affecting regional development in the country. This work takes into account the ...
Entrepreneurial capital of the region: the concept, manifestations and spatial localisation
An important element of the explanation why an entrepreneur carries out high-risk transactions is the evaluation and analysis of her or his inner qualities. Thus, there is a need to identify the connection between entrepreneurial risk and capital. At the regional level, there is an ongoing academic discussion as to who the carrier of entrepreneurial capital ...
Author's modality in N. M. Karamzin's "Poor Lisa"
The article examines various means of expressing the author’s modality which is explicit about the author’s intentions and evaluations in “Poor Liza” by N. Karamzin. The question of relations between the “narrator” and the “author” is in the focus. The analysis og the story shows that the category of the author’s modality gets implemented with the language means ...
Evaluation of noise stability reception FSK-signal by quadrature reception device
A comparative evaluation of the model and the theoretical curves of the probability of bit error at the output of the unbounded receiving device of MSK-signals in presence of white Gaussian noise. It is shown that this method of signal processing provides declared ...
Marine Spatial Planning: Theoretical Aspects
In this article, I consider marine spatial planning (MSP) as a complex of analyses, calculations, and evaluations aimed to prove feasibility of economic activities and contribute to their development in a certain part of a sea or an ocean. A most likely comprehensive MSP object is an integrated segment of coastal/marine area. Consisting of a marine part ...
Application of dimension reduction methods in objects homogeneity evaluation: airport network analysis
... http://www.favt.ru/opendata (дата обращения: 05.02.2015).
4. Larose D. Discovering knowledge in data: an introduction to Data Mining. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, 2005.
5. Robinson J. P., Shaver P. R., Wrightsman L. S. Criteria for scale selection and evaluation // Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Attitudes, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1991.
6. Richard A. Johnson and DeanWichern, Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1998.
Ultrasound anatomy of the skin: review
... эпителиальных кист мягких тканей челюстно-лицевой области // Радиология — практика. 2012. № 2. С. 32—38.
12. Adhikari S., Blaivas M. Sonography first for subcutaneous abscess and cellulitis evaluation // J. Ultrasound Med. 2012. Vol. 31, № 10. P. 1509—1512.
13. Библиотека сканограмм. URL:
(дата обращения: 12.08.2019).
14. Alexander H., Miller D. L. Determining skin thickness ...
On the methodological approaches to the assessment of competitiveness of small enterprises
... small enterprises (SE) on the basis of the assessment of affecting factors. The integral index makes it possible to identify the competitiveness of a particular small enterprise. The approach suggested can be used as a basic element of competitiveness evaluation for a tactic group of businesses as well as for an industry in whole.
Многокритериальный подход к оценке конкурентоспособности организаций ...
Cognitive and pragmatic aspects of German social-political discourse
... Semantik: Bedeutungsanalytische und sprachkritische Beiträge zur politischen Sprachverwendung / J. Klein (hrsg.). Opladen, 1989. S. 3—105.
cognitive discourse analysis, concept, concept sphere, context, lexical-semantic groups, evaluation,
communicative modus, evaluation standard.
Discursive practices of the Russian diaspora in Estonia: language contacts
..., the Republic of Estonia, the Soviet Union); information space; time: historical periods, dates, holidays; time in information space, etc.), linguistic reflections (metalinguistic units denoting co-existence, knowledge, language acquisition, etc.), evaluations (objects of evaluation, types of evaluation) and self-identification (ethnic, denominational, cultural, socio-economic). The above is not only characteristic of the diasporic speech. These components also describe the worldview of language ...
A qualimetric assessment of students’ academic achievements
This article proposes a methodology for the qualimetric evaluation of students’ achievements developed within IKBFU’s project “The development of an independent qualimetric system of assessing academic achievements of students and evaluating the academic staff” (the project team included V.V. Nordin,...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... Region amid the geo-economic uncertainty observed since 2014. The object of the study is the economic and technological sustainability of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region given geo-economic risks and growing challenges to economic security. To evaluate the economic security of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region, I employ some of the parameters proposed in the Strategy for the Economic Security of the Russian Federation until 2030. I also use other parameters pertinent to the evaluation ...
Challenges of the methodological approaches to the measurement and the evaluation of liver size
... 95(6). P. 183—186.
29. Gosink B. B., Leymaster C. E. Ultrasonic Determination of Hepatomegaly // J. Clin. Ultrasound. 1981. № 9. P. 37—41.
30. Konuş O. L. et al. Normal liver, spleen, and kidney dimensions in neonates, infants, and children: evaluation with sonography // AJR. 1998. Vol. 171, № 6. P. 1693—1698.
31. Kratzer W., Fritz V., Mason R. A. et al. Factors affecting liver size: a sonographic survey of 2080 subjects // J. Ultrasound Med. 2003. Vol. 22(11). P. 1155—1161.
32. Markisz ...
Evaluating evidence in the adversarial system
... вероятности к достоверности по уголовным делам : автореф. дис. … канд. юр. наук. Краснодар, 2007.
Tkacheva N., Pankina I.
criminal procedure function, evidence, evidence gathering, validation, evaluation of evidence.
The consumer sentiment: regional aspect
The article in the scientific problems of the development of the regional competitive environment is devoted to methodological issues for evaluating the state of consumer confidence at the regional level. The results of the analysis of domestic and foreign experience evaluation indicators characterizing consumer sentiment. The technique for estimating the consumer sentiment index is described....
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... N., Vilain, P. 2004, Estimating Commodity Inflows to a Substate Region Using Input-Output Dat a: Commodity Flow Survey Accuracy Tests, Journal of Transportation and Statistics, no. 7(1), p. 23—37.
10. Vacar, A. 2006, Regional economic modelling: evaluating existing methods and models for constructing an Irish prototype, Munich Personal RePEc Archive, available at: http://mpra. ub. uni-muenchen. de/7650 (accessed 24.11.2013).
11. REMI STAFF, 2007, Policy Insight. Model Documentation — Version ...
Cultural Islam in Northern Europe
... media. Content analysis of relevant publications gives a detailed picture of narratives produced in mass consciousness as a reaction to the presence of Islam at the local and regional level and makes it possible to identify individual trends in the evaluation of such narratives in both scientific and popular analytical literature. The growing secularization of Islamic communities in Northern Europe and changes in the value-driven behavioural algorithms of believers lead both to the polarization ...
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... cooperation in the Baltic Sea region. It focuses on research works published in the leading periodicals in 1993—2012. The empirical material is collected from the world’s largest abstract and citation database, SciVerse Scopus, which makes it possible to evaluate macroindicators at the national and global levels as well as the contribution of scholars to the global progress. The article also offers an assessment of the efficiency of research activities in the Baltic Sea region countries. It is based on ...
The subjects of legal monitoring of Justice of the Peace
... accordance with legal norms, criteria for the lawfulness of the implementation of actions, restrictions. Manifestations of positive legal responsibility should be sought not in specific legal norms, but in the legislatively established valuation categories. Evaluation categories act as a measure of discretion in the exercise of subjective rights, when the dispute is resolved by the law enforcer.
1. Чепус А. В. Теория позитивной юридической ответственности....
Evaluative lexis expressing the “good/kind” semantics as a means to represent the concept of “god” in the Old Russian texts of the 11th-14th centuries
Evaluative lexemes with the “good/kind” semantics representing the concept of “god” are considered on the basis of Old Russian texts of the 11th—14th centuries. The author analyses the semantic features of the functioning of these lexemes.
Academic Science on the Interdisciplinary Approach to the Analysis and Evaluation of Russian Spatial Development
Фундаментальные проблемы пространственного развития Российской Федерации: междисциплинарный синтез : коллективная монография. — М. : Медиа-Пресс, 2013. — 663 с.
[Basic problems of the spatial development of the Russian Federation: An interdisciplinary synthesis : multi-authored monograph. — M. : Media-Press, 2013. — 663 pp.]