On the concept of normative evaluation of cost-effectiveness of GLONASS application in coastal regions
Russia promotes the application of GLONASS satellite information system in regional economies. In three regions, the system has already been introduced and is widely used, 21 more regions are introducing the system. Experts believe that this process will take from 3 to 5 years. The introduction and integrated use of GLONASS pose a number of organizational and economic problems for regional administrations. One of such problems is the evaluation of economic benefit from GLONASS implementation in the region. Economics has developed a large number of methodological approaches to the calculation of such effects in different fields of satellite information application: Earth's remote probing, crop yield forecasts, forestry, water industry and agricultural monitoring, etc. However, the research shows that attempts to perform a calculation for various fields of satellite information application at a regional level prove the existing approaches to be inefficient due to the difficulties in obtaining initial data. To this effect, the authors developed a normative methodical approach to the calculation of the effect of integrated GLONASS application. This approach is meant to fill the existing gap and makes it possible to evaluate the economic benefit of an integrated GLONASS application for different fields.
1. Portnov, V. P., Nagiyeva, Ye. I., Fominov, N. F. 1988, Metodicheskie voprosy opredelenija social'no-jekonomicheskoj jeffektivnosti primenenija kosmicheskoj tehniki narodnohozjajstvennogo naznachenija v interesah regional'nogo razvitija [Methodological issues of determining the socio-economic benefits of space technology economic purposes for regional development], Trudy 12-h Nauchnyh chtenij po kosmonavtike, posvjawennyh pamjati akademika S. P. Koroleva i dr. uchenyh «Social'no-jekonomicheskaja jeffektivnost' ispol'zovanija raketno-kosmicheskoj theniki v narodnom hozjajstve» [Proceedings of the 12th Scientific Readings on space
dedicated to the memory of Academician SP Korolev and other scientists "Socioeconomic efficiency of rocket and space technology in the national economy"], January,1988, Мoscow.
2. Studenetsky, S. А., Ivchenko, V. V. and all. 1988, Metodika ocenki jekonomicheskoj jeffektivnosti ispol'zovanija kosmicheskoj informacii v rybnom hozjajstve [Methodology to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of space-based information for fisheries], Moscow.
3. Fedorovsky, A. D., Yakimchuk, V. G., Bodnar, H. N. and Kozlov, Z. V. 2005, Ocenka jeffektivnosti kosmicheskih sistem DZZ na osnove metoda analiza ierarhij [Efficiency evaluation of remote sensing space systems based on hierarchy analysis method], Kosmichna nauka i tehnologija [Cosmic science and technology], Vol. 11, no. 3—4, p. 75—80, available at: http://www.mao.kiev.ua/journals/knit_11_3-4_2005.html (accessed 01 September 2011).
4. Boronilov, A. B. 2011, Organizacionno-jekonomicheskie aspekty modelirovanija programmy vnedrenija sistemy GLONASS v jeksklavnom regione Rossii [The organisational economic aspects of developing the GLONASS system implementation programme in the exclave region of Russia], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 3, p. 132—136, doi: 10.5922/2223-2095-2011-3-20, available at: http://journals.kantiana.ru/upload/iblock/d79/qxtcvawfhdbmlygpwe.pdf
(accessed 01 September 2011).
5. Ivchenko, V. V., Savanovich, S. V. and Savanovich, А. V. 2010, Razvitie innovacionnoj infrastruktury primorskogo regiona Rossii [Development of innovation infrastructure coastal region of Russia], Kaliningrad.