Criminal songs: The hero and the plot
The criminal song is considered as a phenomenon of urban folklore functionally linked to the criminal community as an archaic subculture. The author characterises the plot structure of the criminal song: the system-building characters, their plot function, and typical ... ... // Шаламов В. Т. Левый берег. М., 1989.
criminal song, folklore, plot and character typology
Regularity and serendipity: a systemic asymmetry of singer songwriting
The author analyses the works of singer songwriters, i. e. lyrics of bard songs and rock poetry, from the point of view of their plot and their place in the typology of texts. The author identifies a ... ... // Тынянов Ю. Н. Поэтика. История литературы. Кино. М., 1977. С. 270—281.
singer songwriter, pesennost’, bard songs, rock-poetry, poetics, plot
Poland in “The Ballad about Eternal Flame” by Alexander Galich
... солдата. М., 1987.
. Примечания // Галич А. Стихотворения и поэмы. СПб., 2006.
. Генеральная репетиция. М., 1991.
guitar poetry, author’s song, ballad, Galich, Poland
The Late Poetry of A. Bashlachev: Changes in Performance and New Meanings
... components set a framework for a correlation analysis of variations in A. Bashlachev’s texts. The authors compare Bashlachev’s late written texts and their performed variants. The authors identify deviations from the written texts — syntactically unmotivated pauses, pause reductions, onomatopoeia, pronunciation ... ... dramatic to emphasise the tragedy of the Poet.
1. Bashlachev, A., 1997. Stikhi [Poems]. Moscow.
2. Gavrikov, V. A., 2010. Song poetry as polysubtextual formation. Vestnik Leningradskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta im. A. S. Pushkina [Bulletin of ...
A “fascinating fake”: on the origin of a street song
... song “When we met, bird cherry tree was in bloom”, which is traditionally perceived as a piece of urban folklore, is an authored work.
лира: сб. тюремных и лагерных песен / сост. Я. Вайскопф.... ...
. Спокойной ночи // Терц А. Собр. соч.: в 2 т. М., 1992. Т. 2. С. 337—609.
song, folklore, urban folklore, criminal folklore, stylisation
The thought of death and overcoming of death in B. Pasternak’s cycle ‘Some Songs in Letters So She Won’t Be Bored’
The intertextual connections with the Bible found in the cycle ‘Songs in Letters So She Won’t Be Bored’ (My Sister Life, 1917) help identify the features of artistic expression of the Christian ideas of immortality in the early works of B. Pasternak. An analysis of the author’s symbolism shows that the philosophising persona of Pasternak’s book ponders on death looking for the ways to overcome it. ...
On the problem of cultural reference of proverbs (the Russian proverbs with images of clothing)
... signs that preserve, transfer, and develop meanings rooted in the ethnic culture. The author investigates the ways cultural semantics is expressed in proverbs featuring clothing... ... yazykoznanie [General and Romance Linguistics]. Moscow, pp. 144—157.
10. Georgieva, S., 2007. Phraseological activity of the concept "bread" in Russian and Bulgarian... .... 355—356.
33. Varganova, V. V., ed., 1988. Russkie narodnye pesni [Russian folk songs]. Moscow.
34. Selivanova, E. A., 2002. Osnovy lingvisticheskoi teorii teksta...
Female Characters in German Rock Poetry
. Lacrimosa //
. URL: http://www.germanrock.ru/bands/lacrimosa /lyrics
. Eisbrecher //
. URL: http://www.germanrock.ru/bands/ eis
rock poetry, author’s song, female character, myth
Non-verbal elements of a film text in the semiosis of power
... studies various classifications of film text elements and analyses non-verbal signs used to demonstrate power in the ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘The Hollow Crown’ TV series, which are construed as an intersemiotic translation of G. Martin’s ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ series of novels and W. Shakespeare’s plays respectively. The author identifies signs serving as non-verbal lexical units of the film text, used to emphasize the authority of a character.
1. Анисимова Е. Е. Паралингвистика и текст (к проблеме креолизованных ...
Mary Crawford Fraser and Alice Mabel Bacon on the Japanese society of the late 19th/early 20th century
... political transformations but rather to the everyday life of Japanese society. The author stresses the special interest of the travelers in the changes in European ladies... ... European traditions still maintaining Japanese manners and views.
1. A Collector’s Guide to Books on Japan in English: A Sel ect List of Over 2500 titles with subject... ... Japanese ladies go shopping // The world’s story: a history of the world in story, song, and art. Vol. 1: China, Japan, and the Islands of the Pa¬cific. Boston, 1914...
Changes in the Population Distribution and Transport Network of Saint Petersburg
The authors explores the interdependence between demographic changes and transport network ... ... geographical contexts, Izv. RAN. Ser. geogr, no. 1, p.19—27. (In Russ.)
2. Lachininskij, S. S., Semenova, I. V. 2015, Sankt-Peterburgskij primorskij region: geoehkonomicheskaya... ... Changchun. Economic Geography, Vol. 33, no. 10, p. 40—47.
8. Meng, Yan Chun, Tang, Cang Song, 2015, Study on the Trend of Population Spatial Distribution in Being since the...
Traditional Structures in Contemporary Chinese Poetry
... Chinese poem: is it possible to convey this in translation? (On the material of Du Fu's poetry). In: L. O. Zaionts, ed. Zhivoi kamen': ot prirody k kul'ture [Living stone:... .... In: N. T. Fedorenko et al., eds. Shitszin. Kniga pesen i gimnov [Shijing. Book of songs and hymns]. Moscow.
8. Barnes, A., 2007. Chinese through Poetry, an Introduction... ... shizhen' sin' shifen 北京来信：中国新诗人新诗风 [Letter from Beijing: New Authors and Trends in Chinese Poetry]. Available at:
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... business competitiveness are commonly talked about. The author analyses the overall economic competitiveness of countries. The author argues that trade is subject to various factors, including entrepreneurship and economic openness. Competitiveness is analysed ... ... 1991, Increasing returns and economic geography, Journal of Political Economy, no. 99, p. 183—199.
18. Krugman, P. A. 2011, Song of Ice and Ire: Iceland in context, Presentation at the IMF Conference Iceland´s Recovery—Lessons and Challenges, Reykjavík, Iceland, October 27 2011, available at