Euroregion as a factor of social and economic development of the region
The article is devoted to the study of euroregional development hystory. It also explores the analysis of foreign countries experience in crossborder cooperation. Importance of Euroregions is identified. Euroregion «Baltic» and the Balic euroregional network.
Euroregions as a factor of successful international integration in modern conditions
This article focuses on the correlation between the contemporary crisis phenomenon in the Eurozone and some CIS countries, and the existing Euroregions. We attempt to analyze the interdependence of the qualitative aspect of cross-border relations of European countries with their economic sustainability in the context of regional international integration. The theoretical significance of this ...
Cross-border cooperation between nongovernmental organisations in the Pomeranian and Warmian-Masurian voivodeships
... budgets. The article widely applies the results of surveys of NGOs conducted by the author, compares the results of performance reports submitted by these organisations within international projects, and offers the data presented in relevant publications (Euroregion Baltic documents and Phare CBC reports, Interreg IIIA and, Interreg IIIB, NMF, and Polish-Swiss Cooperation reports, as well as the data of the Central Department of Statistics). The research covers the period from the late 90s to 2012. The ...
Perspectives of Euroregions with Russian Participation in Terms of Changes in the EU Regional Policy
... support in the framework of the EU Regional Policy. The author emphasises the role of the European Neighbourhood Policy in the development of cross-border cooperation with non-EU countries. The article outlines the main obstacles for the development of euroregions at the EU-Russia border and arrives at the conclusion that their future depends on the success of the Russia-EU integration process in general.
Еврорегионы: полвека «малой» интеграции ...
Estimating the Development of the Latvian - Estonian - Russian Transboundary Tourism and Recreation Region
In 2004, the Pskov — Livonia Euroregion was established across the borders of Estonia, Latvia and Russia (the Pskov region). Tourism became a cooperation priority in the Euroregion. This necessitated research on the local tourism and recreation areas. This study aims to estimate ...
Regulation trends of international cooperation at the regional level
... level which being officially adopted are implemented
in the Kaliningrad region. Special attention is given to international agreements, involvement in international programs and projects, information for foreign economic activity and development of euroregions with Russian participation.
деятельность предприятий и организаций Калининградской области за 2000—2007 гг.: статистический ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... Federation and the Government of the Republic of Poland on border crossings of 22 May 1992, 1993, Byulleten' mezhdunarodnykh dogovorov, 1993, October, no. 10, p. 48—50.
5. The Kaliningrad region transfers to the Swedish side the chairmanship in the Euroregion Baltika, 2016, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available at:
(accessed 23.01.2017). (In Russ.)
6. Kretinin, G., Mironyuk, D.2014, Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial ...
Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region
The article offers a pragmatic approach to certain aspects of cross-border regionalisation. The marketing component of Euroregion development and the implementation of cross-border cooperation projects are considered as key directions of the joint activity of cross-border partner-regions. The authors analyse the opportunity to apply the territory brand model to research ...
Intensification of Russian role in trans-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
... in such cooperation as well as formation of trans-border socio-economic systems may shift their development to the innovative type.
Oding N. Yu., Fedorov G. M.
transborder cooperation, Baltic Sea macroregion, innovative
development, cooperation, euroregions, integration, recipient, pan-European economic space.
Crossborder and trans-border cooperation of medium-sized cities of Kaliningrad region in Baltic Sea Region
Belova A. V.
transborder cooperation, Baltic Sea macroregion, crossborder
cooperation, cooperation, euroregions, integration, recipient, pan-European economic space.
The changing role of border regions in the regional policies of the EU and Russia
... border regions’ foreign economic ties, particularly, within the implementation of the Strategy for the Spatial Development of the Russian Federation.
Kuznetsov A. V., Kuznetsova О. V.
border regions, coastal regions, regional policy, EU, Russia, Euroregions, cross-border cooperation, spatial development strategy
The development of a Russian-Polish cross-border region: the role of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and the Tri-City (Gdansk—Gdynia—Sopot)
... and ekistical conditions for the development of a cross-border region. Since the early 1990s, cooperation between administrative units and municipalities, businesses, and non-governmental organisations has been developing on an institutional basis. Euroregions and cross-border cooperation programmes have become major contributors to cross-border region-building. On either side of the border, there are socio-economic nodes between which axes of cross-border interaction are emerging. The most powerful ...
The traditions of Russian and European perception of the state frontier in the conditions of transborder regional cooperation
... [European Union — EEAS (European External Action Service Europa], available at: http://eeas.europa. eu/delegations/russia/eu_russia/fields_cooperation/higher_education/index_ru. htm (accessed 23 July 2011).
2. Vovenda, A. V., Plotnikov, V. A. 2011, Euroregions as a factor of successful international integration in modern conditions, Balt. Region, no. 4, p. 60—67. doi:
3. Kosov, Ju. V. 2008, Rol' rimskogo dogovora v evropejskoj integracii [The role of the Treaty of ...
The foreign policy of Poland and the Kaliningrad region in 1989—2012
... the most important challenges for the Polish diplomacy after 1989 was the development of economic and political relations with the Russian Federation. Cross-border cooperation between Poland and the Kaliningrad Region is conducted, inter alia, through euroregional structures functioning in the border areas. The analysis of this issue is vital for further cooperation in the Polish-Russian borderland, especially after the conclusion of the local border traffic agreement in 2012. The authors come to a ...
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... Transboundary Cooperation.
12. Joint position on the implementation of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region adopted by B7 Baltic Islands Network, Baltic Development Forum, Baltic Sea States Subregional Cooperation, CPMR Baltic Sea Commission, Euroregion Baltic and Union of the Baltic Cities, 2012, April, available at: http://www.ubc.net/plik,3338.html (accessed 24 August 2012).
13. Browning, Chr. (ed.), 2005, Remaking Europe in the Margins. Northern Europe after the Enlargements, Aldershot,...
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
...?id=69890851 (accessed 15.12.2014).
3. Krupnyj rossijskij investor prismatrivaetsja k Sillamjajeskomu portu [A major Russian investor eyeing Sillamae port], 2014, Postimees, 4 September.
4. Kuznetsov, A. V. 2008, Evroregiony: polveka «maloj» integracii [Euroregions: half a century of "small" integration], Sovremennaja Evropa [Modern Europe], no. 2, p. 48—59.
5. Kuznetsov, A. V. Chetverikova, A. S. 2009, Problemy rossijsko-pribaltijskih jekonomicheskih svjazej [Problems of Russian-Baltic ...
Geopolitical transformation of the Kaliningrad oblast of the Russian Federation
Naujausios Kaliningradistikos apžvalga //
. 2002. №
1 (25). P. 96—104. See also in English: Review of the Recent Publications on Kaliningrad.
Lithuanian Foreign Policy Review
. 2002. №
2 (10). P. 81—88.
Euroregions: Making the Idea Work //
M. Birckenbach, Ch.
The Kaliningrad Challenge: Options and Recommendations
. Miunster: LIT Verlag, SCHIFF.
2003. Bd. 10. P. 247—256.
. Potsdamo šleifas — “Kaliningrado ...
The Kaliningrad region in Polish scientific research
... Malinowski,M. Burdelski, R. Ożarowski (red.). Problemy badawcze politologii w Polsce.Gdańsk; Warszawa.
49. Kretynin, G. 2001. Komunikaty Mazursko-Warmińskie, N 2.
50. Modzelewski, W. T. 2004. Przegląd Politologiczny, N 4.
51. Modzelewski, W. T. 2004. Euroregional Cooperation between the borderland regions of Poland and the Kaliningrad District of the Russian Federation. In: T. Palmowski (red.). The Framework of Regional Development in Cross-border Areas of North-Eastern Poland and The Kaliningrad ...