The visa aspects of the academic mobility between the Russian Federation and the European Union: the experience of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
This article analyses different aspects of the EU-Russia academic mobility. The authors pay special attention to visa and migration registration issues faced by foreign citizens in Russia.
1. Soglashenie mezhdu Rossijskoj Federaciej i Evropejskim soobwestvom ob uprowenii vydachi viz grazhdanam Rossijskoj Federacii i Evropejskogo sojuza ot 25 maja 2006 g. [The agreement ...
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
This article deals with the issues pertinent to the EU — Russia visa dialogue — one of the major areas of cooperation between the two partners. The article aims to identify the main problems of this dialogue, as well as prospects for the introduction of a visa-free regime between the EU and Russia. The authors provide ...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
This article addresses the issue of visa liberalisation between Russia and the European Union, which constitutes a key aspect of the parties’ diplomatic cooperation. This work sets out to identify the main results of Russia/EU cooperation. The authors have conducted a brief historical ...
The externalisation of migration control in the European Union: first steps towards the external dimension of the space of freedom, security and justice
... réseaux. L’expérience européenne. Paris, Presses de Sciences Po.
3. Lavenex, S. 2006, Shifting up and out: the foreign policy of European immigration control, West European Politics, vol. 29, no. 2, p. 329—350.
4. Guild, E., Bigo, D. 2003, Le visa Schengen: expression d’une stratégie de «police» à distance, Cultures & Conflits, no. 49, p. 22—37.
5. Icard, P. 2003, Immigration, mondialisation: histoire d’un paradoxe communautaire, Revue du droit de l’Union européenne, no. 2, p....
The facilitation of freedom of movement between Russia and the European Union: prospects and legal issues
This article examines the legal aspects of the prospective visa free regime between Russia and the European Union,as well as the implementation of local border traffic mechanisms.
1. Treaty on the functioning of the European Union, consolidated version, 2008, Official Journal, 9 May, p. 115.
2. Council Regulation ...
Russia — EU: the visa issue
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... Present], Acta humanitarica inversitatis Saulensis, T. 14, p. 314—321, available at: http://www.su.lt/bylos/mokslo_leidiniai/acta/2012_14/kretinin_ostaskova.pdf (accessed 12.05.2015).
8. Kretinin, G., Mironyuk, D. 2014, Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development, Baltic Region, no. 4, p. 27—41. DOI: 10.5922/2074-2079-8555-4-2.
9. Daneiko, E. 2014, Dozhdutsja li belorusy smjagchenija vizovogo rezhima s ES. Analiticheskij portal o Germanii, Rossii, Evrope i mire ...
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... the EU-Russia migration agenda from the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (1997) to the Roadmap for the Common Space on Freedom, Security and Justice (2005), the article assesses the main results of its implementation, such as the Readmission and Visa Facilitation agreements. Moreover, it stresses the role of Russia as an agenda-setter of the EU migration agenda in the Eastern Europe.
1. Averre, D. 2005, Russia and the European Union: Convergence or Divergence?, European Security, no. 14 (2),...
Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia-EU Relations
... that the signing of the Polish-Russian agreement on small border traffic should be viewed as a success. Based on the agreement, the inhabitants of borderlands in Poland and Russia (the Kaliningrad region) can cross the border without obtaining an entry visa. For the inhabitants of the borderlands, the agreement brings a range of significant advantages relating to the intensification of social, cultural, touristic, and economic contacts. It is worth noting that the agreement is one of very few examples ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... in the Polish economy grows], Nezavisimaja gazeta [Independent newspaper], available at: http://www.ng.ru/news/503090.html (accessed 12.05.2015).
3. Daneiko, E. 2014, Dozhdutsja li belorusy smjagchenija vizovogo rezhima s ES [Wait Belarusians easing visa regime with EU], Deutsche Welle, available at: http://www.dw.de/a-17740616 (accessed 12.05.2015).
4. Lomakin, S. 2014, Druzhim domami? V Pol'she podveli itogi dvuh let dejstvija programmy MPP [Friends houses? Poland summed up two years of the program,...
Two perspectives on the 'Kaliningrad issue'
... the first time the role of individual European states and politicians in the 'Kaliningrad issue'. These facts allow the reader to understand and compare two different — Russian and Lithuanian — points of view
Kaliningrad region, visa regime, European Union (EU), Lithuania, negotiation
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... Swedish side the chairmanship in the Euroregion Baltika, 2016, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available at:
(accessed 23.01.2017). (In Russ.)
6. Kretinin, G., Mironyuk, D.2014, Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 4. С. 27—41. DOI: 10.5922/2074-2079-8555-4-2.
7. Kuzmin, V. М. 1991, Uchastie mestnykh partiinykh i obshchestvenno-politicheskikh organizatsii v razvitii sovetsko-pol'skogo prigranichnogo ...
The historical and geographical evolution of the enclavity of the Kaliningrad region
.... The article identifies enclave (exclave) problems peculiar to them, including the land access (passenger and cargo transit) of the metropolis to the isolated territory, as well as the issues relating to the origins of state border, border control, visa regime, and political and economic relations to neighbouring states and the mainland. The author reviews cases of evolutional development of enclavity and peaceful and military methods of eliminating enclave formations. Actions towards the solution ...
Perspectives of Euroregions with Russian Participation in Terms of Changes in the EU Regional Policy
... approved version as of
21 December 2007. URL: http://eu.baltic.net
European integration, Euroregion, EU Regional Policy, European Territorial Cooperation, European Neighbourhood Policy, visa regime
A unified and harmonised European law and its impact on third countries
Having transferred the title on visas, asylum, immigration and other policies related to free movement of persons from the third pillar into the Treaty on European Community, the Amsterdam Treaty vested legislative power in the European Community in the fields of international civil ...
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... Firms Invest Abroad? An Analysis of the Motives Underlying Foreign Direct Investment, Social Science Research Network, available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1283573 (accessed 19.07.2015).
24. Ozerov, K. 2014, “The Golden Visas”. Where to buy a residence permit in Europe? Grape Communications, available at: http://ee24.com/daily/article/thegolden-visas-where-to-buy-a-residence-permit-in-europe/ (accessed 19.06.2015).
25. Heinrich, A. 2001, Internationalisation, Market ...