Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States
The relevance of the study lies in the acute need to modernise the tools for a more accurate and comparable reflection of the demographic reality of spatial objects of different scales. This article aims to test the methods of “demographic rankings” developed by Yermakov and Shmakov. The method is based on the principles of indirect standardisation of the major demographic coefficients relative to the age structure.The article describes the first attempt to apply the method to the analysis ...
A qualimetric assessment of students’ academic achievements
... staff” (the project team included V.V. Nordin, A.V. Yurov, N.V. Belkina, and K.L. Polupan). The proposed methodology uses a comprehensive approach to identifying quality levels of individual components of student activities and the total of their ranking. A “tree of ranking” is used as a visual aid.
1. Корягин С. И., Нордин В. В. Квалиметрические оценки при исследовании ресурса динамически нагруженных подвижных ...
The qualimetrics methodology of academic staff certification
... staff certification based on the qualimetrics approach to the assessment of objects and phenomena that are hardly subject to algorithmisation. This approach is used to identify the quality levels as individual components of the performance and overall ranking of the academic staff. The methodology was developed in the course of a study carried out by the authors at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University in the framework of the project “The development of an independent qualimetrics system of ...
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... modern Russia, this need is reaffirmed by the transformation of regional economies, the economic acceleration of many major cities, and by the active introduction of strategic management tools (KPI, etc.). The article analyses the current indexes and rankings of urban development. The author explored the main methodological approaches to the assessment of the rate of urban development. One of the topical issues of contemporary research on this subject in Russia is an attempt to create comprehensive ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... Development for Everyone, 2016,available at:
27. Ivanova, I. F. J. 1994, Effects of the human development index’s social and conomic components on country rankings, New Brunswick, Canada.
28. Kelly A. C. The human development index: «handle with care» // Population and Development Review. 1991. 17(2). P. 315—324.
29. Luque, M., Perez-Moreno, S., Rodriguez, B. 2016, Measuring human development: a multi-criteria ...
Investment attractiveness of Russian enterprises from the perpsective of transnational corporations
16. Stabe M., Bernard S., Feeney P. FT-Economist Business Barometer 2011. URL: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/41614d66-bd1e-11e0-9d5d-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1iZoXdnif (дата обращения: 21.12.2011).
17. The World Bank. Doing Business ranking. 2011. URL: http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings (дата обращения: 05.01.2012).
Shersheva M.Yu., Buzlukovsa Ye. V.
investment attractiveness, Russian market, multinational corporations
Modernisation of education and research in Russia, Poland and Lithuania: a comparative analysis
... Ministerstwo Edukacji Narodowej. [online] Available at: <www. men. gov.pl> (Accessed 22 November 2010).
17. Ministerstwo nauki I szkolnictwa wyzszego. [online] Available at: <www.nauka. gov. pl> (Accessed 22 November 2010).
18. Shanghai Ranking. [online] Available at: <http://www. arwu. org/> (Accessed 20 November 2010).
19. Statistics Lithuania. [online] Available at: <http://www. stat. gov. lt/lt/>(Accessed 22 November 2010).
20. Webometrics Ranking of World Universities....
Household management as seen by the federal military personnel during the American Civil War
... this purpose, their letters and diary entries were analyzed in both formal and content-related aspects to find statements concerning the economic well-being of their families. These statements were put into the context of a soldier’s or officer’s rank in the family hierarchy and their antebellum economic activities. The main results are following. Firstly, the direct control over the family economics took forms of the real estate purchase and direct instructions concerning family business....
The North-West of Russia: the potential and areas of Russian-Lithuanian research and innovation cooperation
... Evroregiona «Baltika», pp. 6—17.
17. Okrepilov, V. V. (Ed.). 2010. Fundamental'nye problemy prostranstvennogo razvitija makroregiona pri perehode k innovacionnoj jekonomike. Na primere Severo-Zapada Rossii. Saint Petersburg, Nauka.
18. Academic Ranking of World Universities — 2010. [online] Available at: <http://www. arwu. org/ARWU2010.jsp> (Accessed 20 November 2010).
19. Fedorov, G., Korneyevets, V. 2009. Economic Styles in the Process of the EU Eastern Enlargement. Schriftenreihe ...
On the strategy for power sector development in the Kaliningrad region
... http://gnatukvi. ru/ind.html (дата обращения: 11.11.2009).
Kaliningrad regional power sector, main generation complex, backup generation complex, regional electrotechnical complex, optimal power consumption management, rank analysis, technocenosis
The typology of the medical and environmental situation in the municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
... орган Федеральной службы госстатистики по Калининградской области. Калининград, 2001—2010.
Ushakova L., Kokhanovskaya M.
Kaliningrad region, medical and environmental typology, ranking, environment quality.
Awards for charity in the Russian Empire: the case of charity departments under the auspicious of the House of Romanov
... lists state awards for charity handed out to charity departments under the auspicious of the emperor’s family — the Department of Institutions of Empress Maria and the Emperor's Philanthropic Association. The author examines state orders and medals, ranks and uniforms used as social and class motives for charity.
1. Свод законов Российской империи. СПб., 1892. Т. 1, ч.1.
2. Шепелев Л. Е. Чиновный мир России: XVIII — начало ХХ ...
The assessment of labour demand of Russian economy in view of the prospective regional socio-economic development
... accelerated transition
to innovative development. The article offers a system of indices and a scheme of the assessment of Russian economy's labor demand. With the help of the methodology developed, the constituent entities of the Russian Federation are ranked on the basis of priority of engaging qualified migrants in the innovation economy development conditions.
о развитии человека — 2009. Преодоление барьеров: человеческая мобильность ...
Tourist attractiveness of Kaliningrad
The article focuses on the tourist attractiveness ranking for cities in the world and in Russia. It also refers to an opinion poll on touristic attractiveness of Kaliningrad among residents and tourists. The city has been evaluated on various criteria. It helped to identify the most popular leisure and ...
Assessing competitiveness of the Baltic states in tourism
... graphs. The Baltic region states are seen to have a high (Germany) or relatively high level of competitiveness. All the countries perform well on tourism infrastructure development and conditions for doing business in tourism. The Baltic reign states rank differently on the affordability of tourism. Germany is the regional leader in terms of attractiveness, followed by the Russian Federation, Poland, Norway, and Sweden. The analysis showed that Russia lagged behind its competitors in travel formalities,...
Tools for developing and implementing the innovative policy of a region
... tools of development and introduction of innovation policy at the mesolevel, which serves as an integral part of the innovation policy of a state and the driving force of regional competitiveness. The author presents the results of innovative activity ranking of Russian regions, pays attention to the innovative potential of the Kaliningrad region, and considers the decisions of public authorities and the recent developments in the field of innovations in Russia.
1. Литвинова А. Рейтинг: ...
Development of cross-border tourist and recreational regions on the Karelian section of the Russian-Finnish border
... about 100 thousand people, which is the average level of tourism development. The total volume of cross-border tourist flows from and to other cross-border tourist and recreation regions is about 30 thousand people per year. Middle Karelia microregion ranks second and is followed by the North Karelian microregion. The authors conclude that these two microregions are at the initial stage of their formation and, therefore, can be regarded as parts of one microregion — Russian-Finnish Northern microregion....
Universities of the North-western federal district in Russian-Finnish research cooperation
... available at:http://www.sverkerastromfoundation.se/sverker_astroms_stiftelse_russian/sverker_astroms_stiftelse_ru.asp (accessed 18 April 2012).
3. Svenska Institutet, available at:URL: http://si.se/Svenska/ (accessed 18 April 2012).
4. The World University Rankings 2011—2012, available at: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-2012/top-400.html (accessed 18 April 2012).
5. Universitet och högskolor, Högskoleverket, available at: http://www.hsv.se/densvenskahogskolan/universitetochhogskolor....
Comparative analysis of students’ collective consciousness in the Russia-EU and Russia-China border regions: mathematical modelling
... diversity of Russian regions, regional studies are becoming particularly important for ensuring the stability and development of Russia. There is an extensive body of literature on the economic and social characteristics of Russian regions, their types and ranking whereas the study of collective consciousness requires further attention. It is the collective consciousness that shapes human activity, the results of which largely determine the development of countries and their regions. The authors study the ...
Application of means of modelling of environment Simulink in problems of the analysis of quality of systems of regulation
... же. 1998. № 3. С. 66—70.
8. Черных И. В. Simulink. Среда создания инженерных приложений. М., 2003.
9. Эйкхоф П. Основы идентификации. М., 1978.
10. Draeger A., Engel S., Ranke H. Model predictive control using neural networks// IEEE Control System Magazine. 1995. Vol. 15, № 5. P. 61—66.
Soshkin G. S., Soshkin S. V., Rutkovskij A. L., Аrutunjants G. G.
regulatory system, kiln, quality control, a mathematical model,...
Symmetry and asymmetry of higher education in the conditions of globalisation
This article deals with the territorial features of higher education and the development of poles in world education as one of the problems of asymmetry in global economy.
1. Academic Ranking of World Universities — 2010. URL: http://www.arwu.org/ ARWU2010.jsp
2. Азиатско-Тихоокеанское экономическое сотрудничество (АТЭС) // Википедия. URL: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki ...
Historiography and literature: An alliance or a symbiosis?
... Werke von Catharine Macaulay. In: B. Bauer, W. G. Müller, eds. Staatstheoretische Diskurse im Spiegel der Nationalliteraturen von 1500 bis 1800. Wiesbaden. pp. 481—508.
8. Rüsen, J., 1990. Rhetorik und Ästhetik der Geschichtsschreibung: Leopold von Ranke. In: H. Eggert, ed. Geschichte als Literatur: Formen und Grenzen der Repräsentation von Vergangenheit. Stuttgart.
9. Sprandel, R., 1994. Chronisten als Zeitzeugen: Forschungen zur spätmittelalterlichen Geschichtsschreibung in Deutschland. Köln; ...
The reparative treatment of the wounded and injured with multisystem injuries to the tendons and nerves of the upper extremity
Hudak P., Amadio P.
C., Bombardier C.
Development of an upper extremity outcome measure: the DASH (Disabilities of the arm, shoulder, and hand) // American journal of industrial medicine. 1996. Vol. 29. P. 602—608.
Lundborg G., Rank F.
Experimental intrinsinc healing of flexor tendons based upon synovial fluid nutrition // J Hand surg. 1978. Vol. 3, №
1. P. 21—31.
Physiatric history and examination // Physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Coastal location as a development factor of the cities in the Baltic region
... Baltic region countries. The dependence of the popultaion dynamics on the coastal location of the city is studied with the reference to the methods of statistical and cartographic analysis. The authors have drawn the conclusion about a potentially higher ranking of coastal cities as centers of attraction for the population (primarily located at a distance of up to 50 km from the sea).
1. Winters J. V. Why are smart cities growing? Who moves and who stays // Journal of Regional Science. 2011. Vol. 51,...
On Sources and Mechanisms of Coastal Area Self-development
Поведенческая экономическая теория — позитивный подход к исследованию человеческого поведения (научный доклад). М
Revealed Performances. Worldwide Ranking of Economists and Economics Departments (1969—2000) // University Libre de Bruxelles. Preliminary version, 2002.
Kahneman D., Tversky A.
Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk // Econometrica.
March, 1979. Vol. 47, N 2. P....
Assessment of the Socio-economic Development of Russian Regions: an Overview of Approaches
The authors present an overview of the main approaches to assessing the social and economic development of Russian regions. There are different types of assessment – administrative, ranking and scientific ones. Each type of assessment has its own parameters – the subject of assessment, frequency, tools, specific methodology, and others. The authors stress the necessity of a more systemic approach to assessing the socio-economic ...
Typology of the geodemographic situation in the regions of the North-West of Russia
... in aggregate the level of demographic development, the quality and standard of living of the population. It allowed to make the typology of subjects NWFD of the Russian Federation by the nature of the geodemographic situation according to sequential ranking, both for the average values for the period 2010—2016, and for the dynamics of their changes. The obtained results made it possible to propose measures to improve the demographic situation in the regions of the North- West of Russia.
1. Агафонов ...
On the employment status of Andrei Bolotov in Königsberg
... time and the archival materials of the Russian administration of East Prussia during the Seven Years’ War. It is concluded that Bolotov’s status was ambivalent. Although serving as a translator at the governor’s office, he never had an official rank. The study makes it possible to clarify the role that Bolotov had in the local Russian administration as well as to understand his attitude to service in that difficult period for the Russian nobility.
Maslov, A. S., 1838. Biography of ...
Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
... 58—62. (In Russ.)
5. Mkrtchyan, N., Karachurina, L. 2014, The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s, Balt. Reg., no. 2 (20), p. 48—62. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-2-4.
6. Sluka, N., Ivanov, D. 2014, Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States, Balt. Reg., no. 2 (20), p. 22—34. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-2-2.
7. Stanaytis, А. K., Stanaytis, S. A. 2012, The population of Lithuania in the second half of XX — beginning of XXI centuries, Pskovskii regionologicheskii ...
Some aspects of John Rawls’s first principle of justice
... that would be chosen by every reasonable and rational person in an ‘original position’. The work analyses the problematic aspects of the principle’s formulation (the vagueness of the list of key rights and freedoms and the value criterion for ranking them) and of the methods used by Rawls to overcome them in the works published after the acclaimed book A theory of Justice. The author addresses the problem of the correlation between freedom and security and argues that it was not studied sufficiently ...
On the historical context of innovative development in Russia
... state policy in science and education, 2012, President of Russia, 7 May, available at: http://eng. kremlin. ru/acts/3768 (accessed 7 September 2012).
9. Rossija poterjala poziciju v rejtinge chelovecheskogo razvitija [Russia lost its position in the ranking of human development], 2011, Rambler-Novosti [Rambler-News], 5 November, available at: http://news. rambler. ru/11674697 (accessed 14 June 2012).
10. Putin, V. V. 2003, Annual Address to the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, President ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... non-residential areas (threshold value of 75 %), the share of agricultural lands (threshold value of 50 %). Further analysis was based on the indices of geodemographic situation, investment potential, and production development. Rural municipalities were ranked according to these indices. The study showed that the best performing area are the suburban districts of Guryevsk and Bagrationovsk and the agricultural districts of Nesterov and Pravdinsk, whereas the worst performing ones are those of Gvardeisk,...
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
... the process and results of the geopolitical and geoeconomic changes in the Baltic Sea region at the turn of the XX and XXI centuries. The authors assess the political, economic and military potential of individual countries and groups of countries. Ranking the selected countries and grouping them according to the similarity of their characteristics requires a variety of methods — the economic, statistical, cartographic, graphic-analytical methods, to name just a few. In the late 1980s — early ...
Billionaires and Millionaires of the Baltic Sea Region: A Comparative Analysis of National Business Elites
....com/WealthReport (accessed 13.06.2017).
28. The Wealth Report 2016, available at: KnightFrank. com/WealthReport (accessed 10.06.2017).
29. The Wealth Report 2015, available at: KnightFrank. com/WealthReport (accessed 11.06.2017).
30. The World's Billionaires. 2017 Ranking, available at:
Rakhmanov A. B.
Baltic region, global capitalism, capitalist class, business elite, billionaires, millionaires, oligarchy, self-made business people, talent, Russia,...
The concepts of citizenship and estate in Russian history — continuity and / or intermittence
... noticeable during the Soviet period. After the radical break with the past proclaimed by the Bolsheviks, the old class stratification system had to be changed. In the first month after the Revolution, the Bolsheviks officially abolished estates, titles and ranks. Under the 1918 Constitution of the RSFSR, the concept “class” became a legal term in Soviet Russia. Only “workers” received political rights and thus full citizenship. The official civil status or citizenship was an integral part of the ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik of the Immanuel Kant State University of Russia], no. 1, p. 131—137.
8. Mezhevich, N. M. 2004, Baltijskij region i Rossija na Baltike: specifika pozicionirovanija [Baltic region and Russia on the Baltic Sea: specificity ranking], 14 p., available at: http://www.ut.ee/ABVKeskus/publ/2004/VF-B.pdf (accessed 12.03.2013).
9. Metodicheskie rekomendacii po realizacii klasternoj politiki v sub'ektah Rossijskoj Federacii. Utv. Minjekonomrazvitija RF ot 26 dekabrja 2008 № ...
Kants „moralisch-bestimmter Monotheismus“ – eine an der „wahren Aufklärung“ orientierte Kritik an Lessings Ringparabel?
... Kant’s — direct and indirect — confrontation with the “Ring Parable” in Lessing’s drama Nathan the Wise. The criticism that becomes apparent there concerns above all the question of “principles” left unclarified by Lessing, the “equal rank” of the monotheistic religions which he claimed, and the asserted “competition of religions.” I investigate some of the main points of this criticism.
Allison, H. E., 2011. Reason, Revelation, and History in Lessing and Kant. In: F. Rush ...