Innovative development priorities of the major coastal agglomerations of the European part of Russia
The innovation development dynamics of coastal regions is under the growing influence of the agglomeration factor and the coastalization factor, which results in polarizing the innovation space around large cities and urban agglomerations in the coastal zone. Coastal agglomerations act as drivers for regional development, concentrating a significant part of the population, economic entities, scientific, technological, and financial infrastructure,...
Coastal agglomerations and the transformation of national innovation spaces
In this article, I discuss the role of coastal agglomerations in the territorial heterogeneity of the world economy and the global innovation space. I pay particular attention to how proximity to the sea and ocean coasts influences the dynamics of innovation processes. I analyse coastalisation (the movement of economic activity and population to coastal zones) by considering the effects ...
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
.... P. 52—59. doi: doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2018.03.011.
22. Sun Y. Spatial distribution of patents in China // Regional Studies. 2000. № 34. P. 441—454. doi: doi.org/10.1080/00343400050058693.
23. Uyarra E., Flanagan K. From regional systems of innovation to regions as innovation policy spaces // Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy. 2010. № 28 (4). P. 681—695. doi: doi.org/10.1068/c0961.
Lachininskii S. S., Mikhaylova A. A., Sorokin I. S.
rural areas, agglomeration factor, coastal zone, urbanization, innovation ...
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... maritime transport, and the economic use of recreational, natural and climatic resources.
Mikhaylov A. S., Gorochnaya V. V., Hvaley D. V., Gumenyuk I. S.
coastal region, innovation capital, coastalisation, urban agglomeration, innovation geography, innovation space
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
... to innovation through cooperation networks // Innovation networks: spatial perspectives. L., 1991. P. 1—8.
23. Cooke P., Morgan K. The Network Paradigm: New Departures in Corporate and Regional Development // Environment and Planning D: Society and Space. 1993. № 11. P. 543—564.
24. Debresson Ch. Breeding innovation clusters: A source of dynamic development // World Development. 1989. № 17(1). P. 1—16.
25. Effective Regional Innovation Systems. Innovating Regions in Europe: final report. IRE Working Group. 2008.
26. Feldman M. P. The Geography of Innovation....
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... i biznesom [Features Russian «Tripal Helix» relations between the state, a science and business], Innovations, no. 4, p. 47—55.
7. Pilyasov, A. (ed.). 2012, Sinergija prostranstva: regional'nye innovacionnye sistemy, klastery i peretoki znanija [Space synergy: regional innovative systems, clusters and knowledge overflows], Moscow — Smolensk, Oykumena.
8. Presidency Conclusions, Lisbon European Council, 23—24 March, 2000, available at: http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/ec/00100-r1.en0....
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... cooperation in research, technology, and innovation plays in ensuring innovative development and producing an innovative model of the Russian economy. One of the key objectives of the country’s integration into international research, technological, and innovative space is the development of Russia-EU cooperation in the Baltic region. It is established that, with the development of integration connections and regionalization processes, interorganizational networking takes on special importance in the organization ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... innovation centres in the Baltic Sea region, and the transnational network of business incubators in the Baltic Sea region. The author identifies promising areas of cooperation between North-West Russia, Finland, Norway, and Estonia in the field of innovations, including telecommunications, information and, space; biological, environmental and nanotechnologies; software, medicine, education, culture, energy efficiency and ecological construction, as well as the development of creative industries. The article pays attention to large-scale national projects,...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... (3). P. 749—774. doi: 10.1093/jeg/lbv042.
17. Coenen L., Asheim B., Bugge M. M., Herstad S. J. Advancing regional innovation systems: What does evolutionary economic geography bring to the policy table? // Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space. 2017. № 35 (4). P. 600—620. doi: 10.1177/0263774X16646583.
18. Cooke P., Boekholt P., Todtling F. The Governance of Innovation in Europe. Regional Perspectives on Global Competitiveness. L., 2000.
19. Cooke P. N., Heidenreich M., Braczyk H.-J. Regional Innovation Systems: The role of governance in a globalized world. Oxford, 2004.
20. Doloreux D., Porto-Gomez I. P....
The boundaries of the territorial community
... firms and industrial districts in Italy / ed. by E. Goodman, J. Bamford. L., 1989. P. 136—152.
41. Boschma R. A. Proximity and Innovation: A critical assessment // Regional Studies. 2005. № 39. P. 61—74.
42. Brusco S. Small firms and the provision of ... ... districts and local economic regeneration / ed. by F. Pyke, W. Sengenberger. Geneva, 1992. P. 177—196.
43. Caragliu A., Nijkamp P. Space and knowledge spillovers in European regions: the impact of different forms of proximity on spatial knowledge diffusion ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
This article considers the possibility of Russian integration into a common research, technological, and innovative space of the Baltic region. The author presents the results of a comparative analysis of innovative development in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries based on the calculation of an integral research and technological potential index for the Russian Federation,...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... Postmodernity: An Enquiry into the Origins of Cultural Change, Cambridge, MA, Blackwell, 230 p.
32. Janelle, D., Gillespie, A. 2004, Space — time constructs for linking information and communication technologies with issues in sustainable transportation, TTRV372,... ... at: www.spatial.ucsb.edu (accessed 01.04.2015).
33. Morgan, K. 2001, The Exaggerated Death of Geography: Localised Learning, Innovation and Uneven Development, Paper presented to The Future of Innovation Studies Conference, Eindhoven Univ. of Technology,...
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
... in peer-reviewed journals, indexed in Scopus) the study confirmed the hypothesis on ‘coastalizing’ socio-economic and innovative potential and advanced growth of coastal centers. At the same time, there is also a high differentiation within the ... ... environment quality, the need to retain and attract human capital, to rethink the center-periphery structure of the modern Russia’s space in its projection on the coastal and border area, including the frame of large cities and agglomerations.
1. Горочная ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... relevance in critical regional studies, Regional Studies, no. 33(9), p. 869—884.
30. Markusen, A. 1996, Sticky places in slippery space: a typology of industrial districts, Economic Geography,Vol. 72 (3), p. 293―313.
31. Martin, P., Mayer, T., Mayneris, ... ... Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems,Vol. 19, no. 6, p. 1013−1031.
34. Moulaert, F., Sekia, F. 2003,Territorial innovation models: a critical survey, Regional Studies, Vol. 37(3), p. 289—302.
35. Oksanen, E., Williams, J. 1992, An Alternative ...
Intensification of Russian role in trans-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
... of Russian regions’ participation in such cooperation as well as formation of trans-border socio-economic systems may shift their development to the innovative type.
Oding N. Yu., Fedorov G. M.
transborder cooperation, Baltic Sea macroregion, innovative
development, cooperation, euroregions, integration, recipient, pan-European economic space.
Information metabolism and innovation dynamics in the Rostov agglomeration: the role of the coastal factor and economic clustering
... proposed concept model of information metabolism, the study recreates the general picture of the cyclic spatio-temporal dynamics of innovations in coastal agglomerations, and reveals the role of economic clusters, as well as the nature of coastal component’s ... ... uncovered the negative side effects of geo-economic trends that threaten the reproduction of innovations in the agglomeration space.
1. Абдулганиев Ф.С. Формирование инновационной инфраструктуры городской ...
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
..., no. 19, p. 64—73. (In Russ.)
5. Abrosimova, I. V. 2011, Confessional space of Kurgan area study, Geografiya, istoriya I geoekologiya na sluzhbe nauki I innovatsionnogo obrazovaniya [Geography, history and geoecology in the service of science and innovative education], no. 7, p. 150—152. (In Russ.)
6. Murashova, T. V. 2013, Marginality factor in the structure of confessional space of Pskov area, Pskovskii regionologicheskii zhurnal, no. 10, p. 177—183. (In Russ.)
7. Balabeykina, O. A. 2014, Traditional Christian confessions of Finland territorial aspect, Izvestiya Russkogo geograficheskogo obstchestva, Vol. 146, no. 5, ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
... glocal networks, European Planning Studies, no. 15, p. 549—566.
19. Tödtling, F., Trippl, M. 2005, One size fits all? Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach, Research Policy, no. 34, p. 1203—1219.
20. Virkkala, S. 2007, Innovation and networking in peripheral areas — a case study of emergence and change in rural manufacturing, European Planning Studies, no. 15, p. 511—529.
Kolesnikov N., Tolstoguzov O.
economic space transformation, core-periphery, spatial inequality, structure of gross regional product
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... Lachininskii, S. S. 2012, Jevoljucija jekonomicheskogo prostranstva Rossii v XXI veke: geojekonomicheskij podhod [Evolution of economic space of Russia in the XXI century: geoeconomic approach], Social'no-jekonomicheskaja
geografija. Vestnik Associacii rossijskih ... ... and economic development of regions],Voprosy economiki [Questions of economy], no. 2, p. 121—131.
20. Fedorov, G. M. 2013, Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU, Baltic region, no. 1 (15), p. 4—18. ...
On the concept of normative evaluation of cost-effectiveness of GLONASS application in coastal regions
... 2005, Ocenka jeffektivnosti kosmicheskih sistem DZZ na osnove metoda analiza ierarhij [Efficiency evaluation of remote sensing space systems based on hierarchy analysis method], Kosmichna nauka i tehnologija [Cosmic science and technology], Vol. 11, no.... ... Savanovich, S. V. and Savanovich, А. V. 2010, Razvitie innovacionnoj infrastruktury primorskogo regiona Rossii [Development of innovation infrastructure coastal region of Russia], Kaliningrad.
Ivchenko Vladislav, Boronilov Anatoly
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
19. Schumpeter, J. 1982, Teorija jekonomicheskogo razvitija [Theory of Economic Development], Moscow, 174 p.
20. Amin, A., Cohendet, P. 1999, Learning and adaptation in decentralised business networks, Environment and Planning: Society and Space, no. 17 (1), p. 87—104.
21. Bathelt, H. 2002, The re-emergence of a media industry cluster in Leipzig, European Planning Studies, no. 10, p. 583—611.
22. Clark, G. L., Tracey, P. 2004, Global Competitiveness and Innovation: An Agent-Centered Perspective. Houndsmill, New York.
23. Cook, K. S., Emerson, R. M., Gillmore, M. R., Yamagishi, T. 1983 The Distribution of Power in Exchange Networks: Theory and Experimental Results, The American Journal of Sociology,...
Potential of Russian-Indian scientific cooperation (the case of western border regions of Russia)
Relations between Russia and India in the academic and research space have been developing long. In modern history, the two countries act as strategic partners that aim at common development of priority areas of knowledge with high potential for the commercialization of results and the generation of innovations. The article assesses the potential for enhancing Russian-Indian interaction in various fields of scientific knowledge. The geography of the study is 268 cities of India and 44 cities of the Western borderland of Russia. The research hypothesis ...
Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
11. Yarotskaya, E. V. 2012, To the question of the criteria for the identification of urban agglomeration in the context of innovative development of regions, Vestnik nauki Sibiri [Siberian Science Bulletin], no. 5 (6), p. 185—190 (in Russ.).
12. Kolyasnikov,... ... planning], no. 1, p. 47—50 (in Russ.).
19. Aksenov, K.E., Brade, I. 2003, Transformational and post-transformational urban space: development of the tertiary sector of the economy in St. Petersburg, Krupnye goroda i vyzovy globalizatsii [Big cities ...
The use of coherent time-frequency multiplexing to improve the performance of the atmospheric optical communication system
The possibility of application coherent time-frequency multiplexing is cosidered at construction of free space optical communication lines, which allows to increase the effective communication range and channel capacity for the subscriber ... ... связи. 2010. № 2. С. 12—13.
5. Subhalekshmi K. R., Sreelekshmi K. R., Thomas J. OFDM in FSO communication system // Int. J. Innov. Res. Comp. Commun. Eng. 2015. Vol. 3, iss. 8. P. 934—937.
6. Ткалич О. П., Дятлов А. А., Мамаев ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
.... 2006, Geojekonomika. Osvoenie mirovogo jekonomicheskogo prostranstva [Geo-economics. The development of the world economic space], Moscow.
10. Osobye jekonomicheskie zony [Special economic zones], Ministerstvo jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj ... ... 2013, Tehnoparki — vazhnyj jelement sovremennoj innovacionnoj jekonomiki [Technology parks — an important element of modern innovative economy], Umnoe proizvodstvo [Smart production], no. 21, available at:http://www.umpro.ru (accessed 15.04.2014).
Psychomotor development as the main aspect of psychological and pedagogic support of primary school children
The article examines the causes of academic failure in school: lack of background, operational and controlling components of learning activity; it presents “The Space of Development” innovation psychological and pedagogic programme, which bases on the modern concepts of ontogenetic regularities of brain and body formation and development of a child. The authors present the
results of statistical analysis of the efficiency of prophylactic ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... regions of Russia’s North-West. Designing and developing transboundary tourist routes is a step towards a transboundary tourist space. The author outlines avenues towards the development of transboundary tourist routes and transboundary tourism in the border ... ... economic aspects of designing cross-border tourism route, Nauki o Zemle. Nauka. Innovacii. Tehnologii [Earth sciences. Science. Innovation. Technologies], no 2, p. 68—77. (in Russ.)
13. Andreev, V. A., Ostropol’tsev, S. Yu. 2016, International transportation ...
Rural areas of russia’s north-west borderland: problems and development paths
... maximal multifunctionality-driven use of internal resources, bottom-up initiatives supported by the authorities, extensive use of innovations, the Internet, and scientific knowledge. The study takes into account and assesses the heterogeneity of rural areas ... ... recreational resources of border districts helped to determine the directions in which the transformation of rural areas into consumer spaces was moving. The major development trajectories of rural areas were plotted using the non-endogenous approach and differentiated ...
Sea-industry complex as a reserve for overcoming economic crisis in the sea-shore region
... Калининград, 2005.
комплекс России: монография / под ред. А.
П. Алхименко. СПб., 2005.
Ivchenko V. V.
maritime complex, world financial crisis , world economic space, innovative activity, integration.
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... Geopolitics, Vol. 16, p. 70—90.
25. Kramsch, O. 2011, Regulating European borders: a cultural perspective. In: Veggeland, N. (ed.) Innovative regulatory approaches: coping with Scandinavian and European policies, New York, Nova Science Publishers.
26. O’Loughlin,... ... bridges: a critical geopolitics of Iberian transfrontier cooperation in a European context, Environment and Planning D: Society and Space, Vol. 19, p. 743—778.
31. Wastl-Walter, D. (ed.), 2011, The Ashgate Research Companion to Border Studies Farnham, UK,...
Territorial community local spaces
... Пермь, 2003.
15. Шарыгин М. Д. Эволюция учения о территориальных общественных системах // Географический вестник. 2006. № 1. С. 4—13.
16. Boschma R. Proximity and innovation: A critical assessment // Regional Studies. 2005. № 39. P. 61—74.
17. Brusco S. Small firms and the provision of real services // Industrial districts and local economic regeneration. Geneva, 1992. P. 177—96.
18. Korotka M. A. Proximity ...
A modeling the interaction of a oxygen plasma with a positively charged microsatellite with the molecular dynamics modeling method
... Clucas S., Thiébault B. et al. Modeling of Plasma Probe Interactions With a PIC Code Using an Unstructured Mesh // IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. 2008. Vol. 36, № 5, Part 2. P. 2319—2323.
9. Thiebault B.,·Jeanty-Ruard B.,·Souquet P. et al. SPIS 5.1: An Innovative Approach for Spacecraft Plasma Modeling // Ibid. 2015. Vol. 43, № 9.
10. Novikov L. S., Makletsov A. A., Sinolits V. V.·Comparison of Coulomb-2, NASCAP-2K, MUSCAT and SPIS codes for geosynchronous spacecraft charging // Advances in Space Research. 2015.
11. Alder B. J., Wainwright T. E. Transport processes in statistical mechanics. N. Y., 1958.
12. Холмуродов Х. Т., Алтайский М. В., Пузынин М. В. и др. Методы молекулярной динамики ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
40. Leontidou, L. 1990, The Mediterranean City in Transition, Cambridge, p. 296.
41. McFadden, L. 2007, Governing Coastal Spaces: The Case of Disappearing Science in Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Coastal Management, Vol. 35, no. 4, p. 429—443.... ... ‘laboratory’ of landscape degradation: social and economic implications for sustainable development in peri-urban areas, Innovation and Sustainable Development, Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 232—249.
48. Salvati, L., Zitti, M. 2007, Territorial disparities,...
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
... Union based on “common values” (legal sphere and the rule of law), which form the framework for the EU-Russia “common spaces” — on the economy, freedom, security and justice, as well as in the field of research and education (including cultural ... ... Perestroika: New Thinking for Our Country and the World, New York, Harper and Row, 1987.
11. Ivanov, I. 2001, The New Russian Identity: Innovation and Continuity in Russian Foreign Policy, Washington Quarterly, Vol. 24, no. 3, p. 7—13.
12. Kropatcheva, E. 2012,...
A transcendental analysis of mathematics: The constructive nature of mathematics
... [CPR, B 81]. A ‘constructive’ understanding of mathematical acts going back to Euclid’s genetic method is an important innovation introduced by Kant. This understanding is at the heart of modern mathematical formalism, intuitionism, and constructivism.... ... Kant's ‘intuitionism’ of mathematics can be understood as structural properties of mathematical language or its ‘logical space’ (Wittgenstein; cf. mathematical structuralism). In his theory, Kant distinguishes between two types of constructing — ...
Reframing paroemias of the coronavirus discourse
The article explores the specifics of the paremic space of the coronavirus discourse, in which new images of typical situations related to the coronavirus pandemic are formed. ... ... so dnya rozhdeniya professora V. M. Mokiyenko. Sbornik nauchnykh statey [Slavic phraseology and paremiology. Traditional and innovative solutions to problems. On the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the birth of Professor V. M. Mokienko. Collection ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... 133—141. (In Russ.)
19. Druzhinin, A. G. 2016, "The sea component of" social geography of Russia: traditions and innovations, Izvestiya RAS. Seriya geograficheskaya, p. 10—19. (In Russ.)
20. Ilyin, I. A. 1934, O Rossii. Tri rechi [About ... ... eds.) 2012, Prostranstvo sovremennoy Rossii: vozmozhnosti i bar'ery razvitiya (razmyshleniya geografov-obshchestvovedov) [The space of modern Russia: opportunities and barriers (reflection of sociogeographers scientists)], Moscow, 336 p. (In Russ.)
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
1. Carson, D. A., Carson, D. B. 2018, International lifestyle immigrants and their contributions to rural tourism innovation: Experiences from Sweden’s far north, Journal of Rural Studies, no. 64, p. 230—240. doi: 10.1016/j.jrurstud.2017.... ... social`ny`e, kul`turny`e i e`kologicheskie processy`. Sbornik materialov Vserossijskoj nauchnoj konferencii [Mosaic of urban spaces: economic, social, cultural and ecological processes. Collection of materials of the All-Russian scientific conference],...
On the problem of cultural reference of proverbs (the Russian proverbs with images of clothing)
... Russian speech. In: A. P. Vasilenko, ed. Sovremennaya frazeologiya: tendentsii i innovatsii [Modern phraseology: trends and innovations]. Moscow; St. Petersburg, Bryansk, pp. 123—195.
27. Mokienko, V. M., Nikitina, T. G., Nikolaeva, E. K., 2010. Bol'shoi ... ... (Structure, meaning, text)]. Moscow, pp. 35—52.
50. Shmelev, A. D., 1988. The problem of selecting the relevant denotative space and types of world-producing operators. In: Referentsiya i problemy tekstoobrazovaniya [The reference and problems of text ...
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
... message refers simultaneously to both artistic and political reality. The multimedia type of hybridization includes texts that use innovative technologies and new media channels while combining several information transfer channels. This way, a new system of ... ... 1985.V trekhmernom prostranstve yazyka (Semioticheskie problemy lingvistiki, filosofii i iskusstva) [In the three-dimensional space of the language (Semiotic problems of linguistics, philosophy and art)]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Fateeva, N. A., 2007. Intertekst ...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M. 2011, On the potential and opportunities for cooperation between the Baltics in the field of innovations, Balt, Reg., no. 3, p. 76—84. doi:
31. Berend. I. T. 2007, Social ... ... with the same price system. In Shuper, V. A. (ed.) VI Socrates Conference ‘The post-industrial transformation of the social space of Russia’, Moscow, Eslan, p. 115—120 (In Russ.).
53. Pilipenko, I. V. 2018, The dynamics of economic development and ...