The geographical image of Kaliningrad and its branding policy (the case of a sociological survey of the city residents)
The article focuses on the results of a sociological survey of the city residents the main purpose of which is to identify the features of the geographical image of their city. The authors attempt at answering the question whether the comprehensive image of urban geospace coincides with the urban development tasks stated by the urban planners, city government and architects. The methodology designed by ...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
... no. 6, p. 313—326. doi: 10.14515/monitoring.2017.6.16 (in Russ.).
21. Fielding, A. J. Data, Inter-Regional Migration and Social Change: A Study of South East England Based upon from the Longitudinal Study, Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, no. 14 (1), p. 24—36.
22. Stark, O. 2005, Inequality and migration: A behavioral link, available at:
23. Jenes, B. 2012, Theoretical and practical issues in measuring country image dimensions and measurement model of country image and country brand, Ph.D. dissertation, Budapest, Cornivus University of Budapest Doctoral School of Business and Management.
24. Choi, S., Cai, L. 2016, Dimensionality and associations of country ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... geo-economic, and geopolitical processes, the scale and effect of transnational and transboundary contracts, and the changing images of coastal areas. This article analyses the trend towards the ‘drift’ of the demographic potential from the inland ... ... 672 p. (In Russ.)
10. Mahan, A. T. 1890, The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660−1783.
11. Mackinder, H. J. 1904, The geographical pivot of history, The Geographical Journal, no. 23, p. 421—37.
12. Savitskiy, P. N. 1997, Kontinent-Okean (Rossiya ...
Estonia’s party system today: electoral turbulence and changes in ethno-regional patterns
... systemic analysis is used alongside those adopted in electoral geography. It is concluded that the effect of the ethnic and geographical factors on electoral behaviour is diminishing as a civil society based on civic rather than ethnic principles is ... ... main drivers of the change are the formation of new parties and coalition-building — both have an immediate effect on how the image of the parties is perceived by voters.
Oskolkov, P. V.
party system, electoral geography, ethnicity, non-citizens,...
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... v labirintah geograficheskoj sud'by [Russia in the maze of geographical fate], Saint Petersburg, 531 p.
15. Zamyatin, D. N. 2003, Gumanitarnaja geografija: Prostranstvo i jazyk geograficheskih obrazov [Humanitarian geography: Space and language of geographical
images], Saint Petersburg, 296 p.
16. Lachininsky, S. S. 2013, Opyt tipologii geojekonomicheskih riskov [Experience of typology of geoeconomic risks], Geografija i prirodnye resursy [Geography and natural resources], no. 2, p. 15—22.
Rural areas of russia’s north-west borderland: problems and development paths
... North-West borderlands were confirmed to have a unique and diverse resource potential that is sufficient to ensure their sustainable development based on the non-endogenous approach.
Kostyaev А. I.
rural development, functions, multifunctionality, geographical image, image, brand, neo-endogenous approach
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... application of "critical geopolitics." "Critical" in the direction of geopolitics: Whether became finally geopolitics science?]. In: Kaledin, N. V., Chistobaev, A. I. (eds.), Geograficheskoe prostranstvo Rossii: obraz i modernizacija [Geographical space of Russia: the image and modernization], St. Petersburg, p. 92—114.
12. Kolosov, V. А., Zotova, М. V. 2012, Geopoliticheskoe videnie mira rossijskimi grazhdanami: pochemu Rossija ne Evropa? [Geopolitical vision of the world as Russian citizens, why Russia is not ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... industry is twice as fast as the world, AvtoRevyu, no. 5, available at:
01.09.2016) (in Russ.)
17. Zemtsov, S. P., Baburin, V. L. 2016, Assessment of the potential of the economic and geographical situation of the regions of Russia, Ekonomika regiona, no 1, p. 117—138. (in Russ.)
18. Vasilenko, A. I. (ed.) 2014, Imidzh Rossii: kontseptsiya natsional'nogo i territorial'nogo brendinga [The image of Russia: the concept of national and territorial branding], Moscow, 247 p. (in Russ.)
19. Magretta, J. 2011, Understanding Michael Porter: The Essential Guide to Competition and Strategy, Hardcover.
20. Results of the work of the Committee on ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... О. 2011, Osobye jekonomicheskie zony kak faktor jekonomicheskogo razvitija rossijskih regionov [Special economic zones as a factor of economic development of Russian regions]. In: Geograficheskoe prostranstvo Rossii:
obraz i modernizacija [Russian geographical space: the image and modernization], Saint Petersburg, p. 261—280.
24. Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M. 1995, Kaliningradskie al'ternativy [Kaliningrad alternatives], Kaliningrad.
25. Metodologicheskie polozhenija po statistike [Methodological Guidelines on ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... Conflict, no. 39, p. 317—331.
17. Nichols, K. 2001, Tourism as a Nation-Building Tool in the Baltic Republics, Middle States Geographer, no. 34, p. 1—9.
18. Panorama on Tourism. Eurostat Statistical Book, 2008, European Comission, 96 p., available at: ... ... Strategy of Latvia until 2030, 2010, Saeima of the Republic of Latvia, 107 p.
22. Unwin, T. 1996, Tourist Development in Estonia: Images, Sustainability and Integrated Rural Development, Tourism Management, Vol. 17, no. 4, p. 265—276.
Indirect translation: Main trends in practice and research
... processes as well as the profile of ITr researchers. The where question relates to the spatial dimension of ITr as well as to the geographic spread of ITr research. The when question concerns the time coordinates of ITr practice as well as the diachronic evolution ... ... (2), pp. 198—216.
Pięta, H. (in press). On the role of indirect literary translation in the construction of the conflicting images of communist Poland in para-fascist Portugal. Target.
Pięta, H. and Maia, R. B., 2015. Integrating Indirect Translation ...
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... Gradostroitel'noe razvitie central'noj chasti goroda» [Proceedings of the International Symposium on 15—17 July 2005. "Kaliningrad: images of the future. Urban development of the central part of the city "], 2005, Kaliningrad.
9. Mikhaleva, K. A. 2013,... ... of Central and Eastern Europe, ŁTN, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Łódź, p. 103—114.
18. Mazurski, K. R. 2000, Geographical perspectives on Polish tourism, Geo-Journal, Т. 50, no. 2—3, p. 173—179. 19. Yi-De, L. 2014, Cultural Events ...
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
... attention is paid to studying the competition between the two. Yet this subject can be of particular relevance to the areas that are geographically, historically and culturally close to both Russia and the Nordic countries. Thus, the aim of this article is to ... ... economy], Moscow, p. 284.
2. Olenchenko, V. A. 2013, Mnozhestvennost' obrazov korporativnoj otvetstvennosti [The multiplicity of images of corporate responsibility], Zeszyty Naukove, no. 1(39), p. 221.
3. Electricity prices components for domestic consumers,...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
... v rossijskom zakonodatel'stve: analiz i ocenka [Territorial recreation systems in the Russian legislation: analysis and evaluation]. In: Kaledin, N. V., Chistobaev, A. I. (eds.),
Geograficheskoe prostranstvo Rossii: obraz i modernizacija [Russian geographical space: the image and modernization], Saint Petersburg, 354 p.
6. Lappo, G. M. 1997, Geografija gorodov [Geography of cities], Moscow, 480 p.
7. Lexin, V., Karacharovskiy, V. 2007, Prichiny i posledstvija sverhkoncentracii jekonomicheskogo i social'nogo potencialov ...
Countries of the Baltic Region in the Global Culinary Space
... eating, Zhurnal sociologii i social'noj antropologii, no. 1, p. 68—82. (In Russ.)
3. Gladkij, Yu. N., Kornekova, S. Yu. 2015, Geographical properties of evolution of gastronomical cultures of Russia, Uchenye zapiski Zabajkal'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta.... ... States, Oxford, New York.
12. D’Arms, J. H. 2004, The Culinary Reality of Roman Upper-Class Convivia: Integrating Texts and Images, Comparative Studies in Society and History, Vol. 46, no. 3, p. 428—450.
13. Finstad, T. 2013, Familiarizing Food: Frozen ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... while others are empirical and statistical ones. However, the majority of the models can be referred to as forms of graphic and image mapping. The significance of the regional models lies in their specificity, a more detailed character (compared to the generalist ... ... Federal University, no. 1, p. 8—17. (In Russ.)
18. Rubtsov, V. А., Trofimov, A. M., Solodukho, N. M., Shabalin, S. A. 2008, The geographical situation concept — one of the new directions in geography, Izvestiya RAN, Ser. Geography, no. 6, p.99—100. (In ...