Geographical structure and dynamics of foreign trade relations of the Republic of Crimea with the border countries and economic security issues
The status of the Republic of Crimea as a new border region of Russia prioritizes the study of the region's foreign economic relations. The article focuses on general and particular foreign trade indicators of the Republic of Crimea while ensuring economic security of the region. The author analyzes the features of the post-Soviet export-import operations dynamics in the Crimean border region considering the changes in the scale of foreign ...
Competitive effects of low trade barriers: evaluations for the Kaliningrad region
... analysis did not confirm the hypothesis about the considerable influence of European prices on the short run dynamics of the regional consumer prices index or prices for certain imported goods. Nevertheless, indirect evidence of competitive effects of foreign trade was found in the course of a comparative analysis of price levels in the regions of the Northwest Federal district: the cost of the standard set of consumer goods and services in the Kaliningrad region is lower than the level defined by the regional ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... 1995, Trading Blocs and the Americas: The Natural, the Unnatural, and the Super-natural, Journal of Development Economics, vol. 47, no. 1, p. 61—95. doi:
18. Freund, C. 2000, Different Paths to Free Trade: The Gains from Regionalism, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 115, no. 4, p. 1317—1341, available at:
(accessed 6 August 2020).
19. Berg E., Ehin P. 2016, Identity and foreign policy: Baltic-Russian relations and European integration, Routledge, 2016.
20. Fedorov, G., Korneevets, V., Tarasov, I., Chasovskiy, V. 2016, Russia among the Countries of the Baltic Region, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
3. Blonigen, B. A., Davies, R. B. 2004, Asymmetric FDI and Tax-Treaty Bargaining: Theory and Evidence, Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 88, no. 6, p. 1119—1148.
4. Blonigen, B. A., Davies, R. B. 2005, Do Bilateral Tax Treaties Promote Foreign Direct Investment? In: Hartigan, J. (ed.) Handbook of International Trade, Volume II: Economic and Legal Analysis of Laws and Institutions, p. 526—546.
5. Davies, R. B., Ionascu, D., Kristjánsdóttir, H. 2008, Estimating the Impact of Time-Invariant Variables on FDI with Fixed Effects, Review of World Economics, Vol....
The impact of Russia’s counter-sanctions on Lithuania’s foreign economic activities
... counter-sanctions. The authors identify changes in the structure of foreign economic activities and examine the main trends, features and problems of trade. The authors analyse transformations in bilateral trade — the role of Russian in Lithuanian foreign trade and the volume of Russian-Lithuanian exports and imports of goods and services.
1. Санкции в отношении России // РИА Новости. 2016. URL:
(дата обращения: ...
On the establishment and early activity of the Soviet consulate in Königsberg (1923—1925)
... diplomats were compelled to operate in Germany. The conclusion is that the principal line of Yu. S. Boshkovich’s activity concerned preparations for the opening of the USSR trade mission in Königsberg, as well as ensuring strong representation of Soviet foreign trade associations at the Eastern Fair.
1. Ustav konsul'skij [Consular Charter], 1903, Svod zakonov Rossijskoj imperii [Code of Laws of the Russian Empire], Saint Petersburg, Vol. 11, Part 2, p. 47.
2. Konsuly [Consuls], 1904, Saint Petersburg.
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... Aktual'nye problemy ekonomiki sovremennoi Rossii [Actual problems of modern Russia's economy], no. 3, p. 174—179. (in Russ.)
Bazhenov Y. N., Elsukov M. Y., Podshuveit O. V.
foreign economic potential of the region, competitiveness of the region, foreign trade, territorial brand
Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
....ru/eng/statistics/ (accessed 15.03.2015).
7. The World Factbook, 2015, available at: https://www.cia.gov/library/ publications/the-world-factbook/ (accessed 15.03.2015).
8. Vneshnjaja torgovlja Rossijskoj Federacii po osnovnym stranam za janvar'- maj 2015 g. [Foreign Trade of the Russian Federation on the main countries in January-May 2015], 2015, Customs Russia, available at: www.customs.ru (accessed 14.05.2015).
9. Devinney, T. M., Midgley, D. F., Venaik, S. 2002, Managerial Beliefs, Market Contestability and Dominant ...
Foreign trade of the Kaliningrad region: major trends
The author exposes major trends of foreign trade development in the Kaliningrad region in new geopolitical situation, basic features of exports and imports in the exclave region.
деятельность предприятий и организаций ...
The role of trade and economic factors in English-Russian relations of the second half the of the 19th/beginning of the 20th century
... Виноградова. СПб., 2005.
4. Институт русской Цивилизации. Внешняя торговля. URL: http://www.rusinst.ru/articletext (дата обращения: 10.09.2012).
5. Statistical tables and charts relating Britain and Foreign trade and industry (1854—1909). L., 1909.
6. Тimes. 1855. 19 June.
7. Hobson J. A. Richard Cobden. The International Man. L., 1968.
8. Моrning Post. 1855. 15 May.
9. Менделеев Д. И. Толковый тариф, или Исследование ...
The development of mutual external commerce of the Baltic Sea region countries as a sign of integration processes in the Baltic Sea Region
... Trade Statistics Yearbook. Vol. 1. UN
сайт университета Миссури, США.
URL: http://www.umsl.edu/ services/govdocs/wofact2007/index.html
Korneevets V. S.
Baltic sea region, foreign trade relations structure, external turnover, joint economic system
Trends in the development of economic activity in the Kaliningrad region in 1992 – 2010.
... foreign economic activity (FEA) development in the Kaliningrad region in 1992-2010 taking into account the effect of economic crisis. The article offers most typical characteristics of each stage, as well as the reasons behind the current trends in foreign trade development. The author makes proposals regarding the adjustment of measures aimed at FEA development in the region.
1. Бородавкина Н. Ю. Воздействие внешнеэкономической деятельности на приграничное ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
.... Pahomov, A. 2010, Strategija razvitija vneshnejekonomicheskogo kompleksa Rossijskoj Federacii [The development strategy of foreign economic complex of the
Russian Federation], Problemy teorii i praktiki upravlenija, no. 11, p. 18—29.
4. Pavlov, K.... ... Moscow, Knizhnyj dom «Librokom», 216 p.
Bazhenov Yuri, Podshuvejt Olga
international economic cooperation, international trade, cross-border cooperation, adjacent areas, interregional cooperation, economic development capacity
Trends in cross-border cooperation between Russian and Belarusian regions
... Совета ЕврАзЭС на уровне глав государств от 27.11.2009 № 17). URL:
(дата обращения: 03.11.2016).
cross-border cooperation, integration, foreign trade, trade, transit, development scenarios, potential
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... tamozhennoj statistiki vneshnej torgovli i statistiki vzaimnoj torgovli gosudarstv — chlenov Tamozhennogo sojuza» [Decision of the
Commission of the Customs Union on January 28, 2011 № 525 «On the Unified methodology of customs statistics of foreign trade and bilateral trade statistics states— members of the Customs Union»], available at: http://www.customsunion.ru/
info/3477.html (accessed 24.11.2013).
28. Reshenie Komissii Tamozhennogo sojuza ot 20.09.2010 № 378 (red. ot 01.10.2013) «O ...
The basic trends in the development of bilateral trade between the Kaliningrad and Grodno regions
This article examines foreign trade activities between the cooperating regions of the Union State of Russia and Belarus determined by the bilateral convergence of national economies for solving common economic problems and developing regional economies. The author identifies the degree ...
The historical aspects and current issues of the development of Russian-Lithuanian economic relations
... Litva za polveka novoj epohi [Lithuania for half a century of a new era], Vilnius, Mintis.
9. Kazhdan, V. М. 1970, Vneshnjaja torgovlja burzhuaznoj Litvy (1920—40 gg.) i uchastie Litovskoj SSR vo vneshnej torgovle Sovetskogo Sojuza (1960—68 gg.). [Foreign trade of bourgeois Lithuania (1920—40 gg.) And the participation of the Lithuanian SSR in the foreign trade of the Soviet Union (1960—68)], the author's abstract of the dissertation, Moscow.
10. Pokazateli sostojanija otdel'nyh otraslej narodnogo ...
Peculiarities of Transboundary Cooperation between the Kaliningrad Region’s Business Entities
This article reveals various aspects of regional transboundary cooperation including foreign trade, investment climate, and implementation of transboundary infrastructure projects financed by European funds. The analysis conducted is based on the results of transboundary cooperation with the participation of Kaliningrad business entities. The ...
Russian foreign trade and integration processes in the Baltic region
The article revue s issue of Russian foreign trade on Baltics. Special attention is given to the major role of the Baltic Sea macroregion in the process of economic integration of Russia into the Common European Economic Space.
Экономическое сотрудничество ...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
... [Economic transformation in the Baltic independence period]. Moscow.
14. Andreev, V. V. 2005Jekonomicheskaja situacija v gosudarstvah Baltii i vneshnjaja torgovlja Rossii s jetimi stranami [The economic situation in the Baltic countries and Russia's foreign trade with these countries], Moscow, Market Economy Institute of the Russian Academy of science, p. 3.
15. Matutis, V. 2012, Znachenie tranzita v Latvii vyshe, chem v Litve [The value of transit in Latvia than in Lithuania], available at: http://www....
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
....eng/ (accessed on 10.07.2011).
5. Russian Federation Federal Customs Service, available at: http://eng.
customs.ru/ (accessed 20 August 2011).
6. World Trade Organization, available at:www.wto.org (accessed 10 August
World Trade Organization, integration, Global Economy, external economic activities, export, import, foreign investment, constituent entity of the Russian Federation
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
....ee/579642/tiit-vahipronkssoduri-hind-oli-eestile-8-miljardit-krooni-aastas (accessed 23.11.2014).
21. Tüür, K. 2012, Russia and Estonia, In: K. Tüür, V. Morozov (eds.) Russian Federation 2013: Short-Term Prognosis, p. 123—126.
Russia, Estonia, economic cooperation, trade balance, foreign direct investments, sanctions, competition among jurisdictions
The functional approach to managing regional foreign economic activity
... сайт Министерства промышленности и торговли РФ.
экспорта // Официальный сайт Министерства экономики ... ... gos-podderzhka-exp/
Borodavkina N. Yu.
functional approach, multi-level management system, planning, organization, motivation, control, foreign economic activity, export support
The Policy of Regional Convergence in Russia-Belarus integration: Prospects for Development
... Monetary Problems of the International Economy, Chicago, University of Chicago Press.
18. Minford, P. 2016, Ignore Mandelson: We'd trade much better outside EU, The Times, March 04.
19. Perroux, F. 1948, Esquisse d’une theorie de l’economie dominante, Economie ... ...
Chaplygin Vladimir G.
interstate regional convergence, political cooperation, the theory of additivity, geographic diversification, foreign policy, unity
The Belarus Business Environment as Assessed by the Management of Leading Finnish Companies Operating in the Country
....com/transparencyinternational/docs/cpi_2012_report?e=2496456/2010281 (accessed 14.09.2014).
20. UNCTAD: World Investment Report, 2014, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, available at: http://unctad.org/en/PublicationsLibrary/wir2014_en.pdf (accessed 14.09.2014).
21. Wetherley,... ... C. 2009, The business environment, Financial Times & Prentice Hall, Harlow.
23. Wilk, P. 2012, Belarus slide package for a foreign investor, Pan-European Institute, University of Turku.
24. World Bank: World Bank Group — Belarus Partnership: Country ...
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
27. Schlunze, R. D. 1992, Spatial Diffusion of Japanese Firms in West Germany and West Berlin from 1955 to 1989, Geographical Review of Japan, Series B, Vol. 65, no. 1, p. 32—56.
28. Vernon, R. 1966, International Investment and International Trade in the Product Cycle, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 80, no. 2, p. 190—207.
Kuznetsov A. V.
foreign direct investments (FDI), transnational corporation (TNC), dynamic localisation concepts, geography of companies
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... Perspectives, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, p. 226–247.
29. Meunier, S., Nicolaidis, K. 2005, The European Union as a trade power. In: Hill, C., Smith, M. (eds.), International relations and the European Union, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
... ... Identity of the European Union, London, Macmillan.
37. Wood, S. 2009, The European Union: A Normative or Normal Power? European Foreign Affairs Review, Vol. 14, no. 1, p. 113–128.
38. Wood, S. 2011, Pragmatic power EUrope? Cooperation and Conflict. Vol....
Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context
... Ghatak S., Pop-Silaghi M. I., Daly V. Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK // Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. 2009. Vol. 18. P. 61—78.
8. White R. Immigrant-trade links, transplanted home bias and network ... ....newkaliningrad.ru/news/business/19199187.html
(дата обращения: 23.09.2018).
Lialina A. V.
labor migration, foreign labor force, migrant workers, labor market pressure, Kaliningrad region, EEU, interregional economic ties
Finland’s policy towards the USSR in the 1980s—at the beginning of the 1990s in the Finnish historiography
... Finland and the Disintegration of the Soviet Union // Northern Europe in the Cold War, 1965—1990. East-West Interactions of Trade, Culture and Security. Aleksanteri Cold War Series. 2016. № 3. P. 268—286.
16. Seppinen J. Mahdottomasta mahdollinen.... ... reaalipolitiikkaa, ystävyyttä? Turku, 2009. S. 11—18.
19. Visuri P. Suomi kylmässä sodassa. Keuruu, 2006.
Finland’s foreign policy, Finnish historiography, Cold War, demise of the Soviet Union, 1980s—1990s
Baltic Factor in Russia-France Relations
... relations. The article explores the role of P. de Barante, Ambassador of France to Russia and describes France and Russia’s trade and economic interests in the Baltic Sea region. The authors conclude that the specificity of Russia-France bilateral relations ... ... apparent during the First and Second World Wars. However, the Baltic factor has lost its relevance over time.
1. Archive of foreign policy of the Russian Empire, F. 133, Op. 469, D. 197; F. 187, Op. 524, D. 146. (In Russ.)
2. Degoev, V. V. 2004, Vneshnyaya ...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... indices to describe cross-border specialization of interregional interaction in certain fields, namely investment, international trade, tourism, and migration. Cross-border specialization determines the role of cross-border cooperation in regional external ... ... we were able to identify the spheres of interaction with the highest degree of cross-border specialization, and in particular foreign investment and business activities with the participation of foreign capital.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja ...
The English Theme on the Pages of N. M. Karamzin's Messenger of Europe (Vestnik Yevropy) in 1802—1803
... 1802—1803. The paper presents a systematised survey of the publications on the most important developments in England’s foreign and domestic policy. Special attention is paid to the articles in the Messenger of Europe concerning various aspects of ... ... rivalry with France, the Threaty of Amiens, debates in the British Parliament, maritime superiority of Britain, England’s world trade
The development of the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad in changing geopolitical and geo-economic conditions (based on the GRP analysis)
... influenced by foreign policy factors. The deterioration of relations between Russia and the West has led to a reduction in the region's economic ties with the neighbouring Baltic States. The coastal position of the region has enabled the development of foreign trade relations with East Asian and Latin American States. Diversification of ties and federal support ensured sufficiently dynamic regional development. The article analyzes the sectoral shifts in the regional economy through the study of dynamics and ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... economic conditions characterized by the sanction policy of foreign states, limited public investment, and a mass exodus of foreign investors. An example of a large-scale investment project is the construction of a multipurpose multimodal complex — ... ... Luga: realizacija proekta kompleksnogo razvitija morskogo torgovogo porta [Ust Luga project of integrated development of sea trade port], 2012, 23 June,
Kingisepp-segodnja [Kingisepp-today], available at: http://www.xnetbbecbrbp5ahkja1ae7v.
On certain groups in the Soviet outbound tourism (on the example of the Kaliningrad region)
... Kaliningrad region. For this purpose, the author examines the available archive materials of the Kaliningrad Regional Council of Trade Unions and the Regional Council of CPSU (Communist Party of the USSR), analyzes relevant publications. Particular attention ... ... tourism issues aimed to improve the efficiency of the tourist trips. The article considers the basic elements borrowed from foreign experience and implemented in the Kaliningrad regional economy.
1. Государственный архив Калининградской ...
The features of choosing an institutional development trajectory in Eastern Europe in the 16th—17th centuries: Moscovy and the Polish — Lithuanian Commonwealth
... p. 30—53.
9. Foscarini, М. 1991, Rassuzhdenija o Moskovii [Speculations about Muscovy].
In: Inostrancy o drevnej Moskve [Foreigners of ancient Moscow], Moscow.
10. Fletcher, D. 1906, O gosudarstve Russkom [On the Russian State], Saint Petersburg.
... ... 111—133, available at:http://sfedu.ru/evjur/data/2004/journal2.4.pdf (accessed 20 December 2010).
13. Doroshenko, V. 1974, Trade and agrarian development in the Baltic provinvs 15th—19th centuries, Tallin.
14. Skazkin, S. D. 1958, Osnovnye problemy ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
..., М. 2007, Latyshi okazalis' mudree nas [Latvians have proved wiser], Biznes & Baltija [Business & Baltics], no. 113 (3236), June 15th.
31. Kozlov, О. 2014, Osobennosti vneshnetorgovyh svjazej stran Baltii i Rossii (1991–2012 gg.) [Features of foreign trade relations of the Baltic States and Russia (1991-2012], Vlast' [Power], no. 3.
32. Chetyrehmesjachnyj gruzooborot portov stran Baltii umen'shilsja na 6,4% [The four turnover of Baltic ports decreased by 6.4%], 2015, Buhgalterskie novosti [Accounting ...
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
... Finland, remain outside the bloc. Russia, the legal successor of the USSR, is neither a NATO, nor an EU member. The authors explore similarities and differences between countries of the Baltic Sea region in terms of their territory, population, GDP, foreign trade turnover and the number of regular armed forces. The article stresses the importance of international cooperation in increasing the growth rates of economic development of all countries of the Baltic Sea region.
1. Gutnik, А. P. Kemeshev, А....
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... kantiana. ru/upload/iblock/e68/Zhiznin%20Stanislav%20_7-17.pdf (accessed 22 March 2013).
4. Eurostat, available at: http://epp. eurostat. ec. europa. eu/portal/page/ portal/statistics/ search_dat abase (accessed 20 March 2013).
5. Vneshnjaja torgovlja [Foreign trade], Oficial'nyj sajt Goskomstata RF [Official site of Goskomstat of the Russian Federation], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 20 March 2013).
6. Russia and EU-27: main statistics, Eurostat, available at: http://epp. eurostat.ec. europa....
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
A stereotypical understanding of EU-Russia energy relations is often reduced to trade in oil and natural gas, which downplays the importance of energy efficiency cooperation. Such cooperation is promoted within ... ... of the European Council, Mr. J. Chirac, assisted by the Secretary-General of the Council/High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU, Mr. J. Solana, of the President of the Commission of the European Communities, Mr. R. Prodi,...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
... jelektrojenergii v Finljandiju k importu [Russia may switch from exports to Finland to import], 2012, Ministerstvo ekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii. Portal vneshnejekonomicheskoj informacii [Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation. Foreign media portal], 29 August, available at: http://www. ved. gov. ru/news/5418.html (accessed 31 March 2013).
27. InterRAO uronila jeksport v 2012 godu na 22,5 % [InterRAO exports dropped in 2012 by 22.5 %], 2013, Reuters, 20 February, available ...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
.... In Shuper, V. A. (ed.) VI Socrates Conference ‘The post-industrial transformation of the social space of Russia’, Moscow, Eslan, p. 115—120 (In Russ.).
53. Pilipenko, I. V. 2018, The dynamics of economic development and the evolution of main foreign trade directions of post-Soviet republics, Ekonomika i upravlenie: problemy, resheniya [Economy and Governance: Problems, Solutions], no. 12, vol. 9 (84), p. 12—38 (In Russ.).
54. MacDonald, R., Wójcik, C. 2004, Catching up: The role of demand, supply ...