Competitive effects of low trade barriers: evaluations for the Kaliningrad region
... the vastness of Russian territory, one can expect the pro-competitive effect to vary from region to region. This analysis tests the hypothesis that the unique geographical position and economic status of the Kaliningrad region contribute to the rapid development of international trade, which, in turn, exerts competitive pressure on regional prices. The study incorporates two major lines of analysis: a) a comparison of the international trade growth rates of different Russian regions; b) an assessment of the influence of Russian and European prices on the ...
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
... routes: the case of the far east-south Africa Trade, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, vol. 5. no. 2. p. 155—173. doi:
11. Chang, Y. T., Lee, P. T. W. 2007, Overview of interport competition: issues and methods, Journal of International Logistics and Trade, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 99—121. doi:
12. Lee, P. T. W., Lam, J.S.L. 2015, Developing the fifth generation ports model. In: Lee, P. T. W., Cullinane, K. (eds) Dynamic shipping and port developments in the globalized economy, Vol. 2: Emerging Trends in Ports, London, UK, Palgrave MacMillan, p. 186—210. doi:
Assessing competitiveness of the Baltic states in tourism
... structure, strengths and weaknesses. Assessing competitiveness is a live issue in the Baltic region, where tourism is an important part of the economy and a factor in improving living standards. This study advances the hypothesis that the methodology developed by the author will aid in assessing the tourism competitiveness of the Baltic region states. The research aims to assess the competitiveness of the Baltic tourism industries. It reviews methodologies for assessing the competitiveness of tourism industries and presents an original nine-step methodology for comprehensive ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Shayakhmetov, M. S. 2017, The Main characteristics of sustainable regional development, Uspekhi sovremennogo estestvoznaniya [Advances in current natural sciences], no. 6, p. 108—112 (In Russ.).
19. Mingaleva, Zh. A., Gershanok, G. A. 2012, Sustainable development of a region: innovations, economic security, competitiveness, Economika regiona [Economy of a region], no. 3, p. 68—77.
20. Munim, Z. H., Dushenko, M., Jimenez, V. J., Shakil, M. H., Imset, M. 2020, Big data and artificial intelligence in the maritime industry: a bibliometric review and future ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... Russia, Ekonomika Severo-Zapada: problemyi i perspektivyi razvitiya [Economics of the North-West: Problems and Prospects for Development], no. 3 (33), p. 55—67. (in Russ.)
4. Grinchel, B. M., Nazarova, E. A. 2014, Metodyi otsenki konkurentnoy privlekatelnosti regionov [Methods for assessing the competitive attractiveness of regions], St. Petersburg, p. 28.
5. Dyiba, E. A. 2016, The influence of the University on the formation of the urban environment,...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
Innovative activities underpin the economic development and competitiveness of Russian regions. This article seeks to compare the innovation performance of Russia’s north-western regions, which are among the most progressive in the country, and their available resource. A review of the literature suggests that most Russian ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Routledge, London, 256 p.
30. Karlsson, C., Rouchy, P. 2015, Regional Economic Development, Social Capital and Governance: A Buchanian Approach, CESIS Electronic Working Paper Series, no. 390, 38 p.
31. Wilson, J. 2008, Territorial competitiveness and development policy, Orkestra, Basque Institute of Competitiveness, Basque Country, Spain, 31 p.
Kaliningrad region, exclave, sustainable development, economy restructuring
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... 2014, Quantitative assessment of the impact of international competitiveness factors in Russian regions, Aktual'nye problemy ekonomiki i prava [Actual problems of economics and law], no. 1, p. 156—165. (in Russ.)
30. Huddeva, V. V. 2011, Management of regional competitiveness based on the development of technology to stimulate the socio-economic development of the territory, Vestnik TGU. Gumanitarnye nauki. Ekonomika [Bulletin of TSU. Humanitarian sciences. Economy], no. 1 (93), p. 203—209. (in Russ.)
31. Fedorov, G. M., Korneevets, ...
The system approach to modernisation and innovative regional development: strategic objectives
... gosudarstvennogo regulirovanija territorial'nogo razvitija [State and region. The theory and practice of state regulation of territorial development], Moscow.
8. Polterovich, V. 2009, Gipoteza ob innovacionnoj pauze i strategija modernizacii
[Innovation pause hypothesis and modernization strategy], Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of Economics], no. 6, p. 4—23.
9. Porter, М. 1993, Mezhdunarodnaja konkurencija [International competition], Moscow.
10. Pushkarenko, А. B. 2010, Podderzhka innovacionno-aktivnyh predprijatij v regionah [Support for innovative ...
Competitiveness of the Economies of Border Regions
The article is dedicated to the problem of competitiveness of border regions as subjects of the Russian Federation having specific characteristics. The authors focus on the stages, during which border regions build their competitiveness, as well as analyse certain indices characterizing it. They examine the role of these regions in the development of international trade and economic relations, cross-border cooperation and international integration, taking the North-west federal district and the Republic of Karelia as a case-study. The article describes the mechanisms of building and ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... pdf (accessed: 01.11.2014).
37. Perroux, F. 1955, A Note on the Notion of Growth Pole, Applied Economy, no. 1(2), p. 307—320.
38. Porter, M. E. 2000, Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy, Economic Development Quarterly, no. 14, p. 15—34.
39. Porter, M. E. 1990, The Competitive Advantage of Nations, Harvard Business Review, March-April, 73—93.
40. Prochnik, V. 1998, Industrial complexes revisited, Paper presented at the international Joseph Schumpeter conference, Vienna, Austria, 1998, June.
41. Saxenian, A. L. 1990, The origins ...
The innovative process in the Baltic Sea region
... performances of Baltic countries are compared. Finally, the research aims to conclude, as well as to analyse, the future innovation development of the BSR. The research material for this desk study is collected from various sources, including journal articles, statistics, media, research reports, and other publications.
1. European Commission 2012, ICT for Competitiveness & Innovation, available at: http://ec. europa. eu/enterprise/sectors/ict/index_en. htm (accessed 9 July 2012)....
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Planning C: Government and Policy. 2000. № 18 (3). P. 301—319.
14. Bradford N. Place matters and multilevel governance: perspectives on a new urban policy paradigm // Policy Options. 2004. Febr. P. 39—44.
15. Brette O., Chappoz Y. The French competitiveness clusters: Toward a new public policy for innovation and research? // J. of Economic Issues. 2007. № 41 (2). P. 391—398.
16. Butler J. E., Hansen G. S. Network evolution, entrepreneurial success, and regional development // Entrepreneurship and Regional Development. 1991. № 3 (1). P. 1—16.
17. Caramani D. Comparative Politics. Oxford University Press, 2017. P. 605.
18. Carayannis E. G., Campbell D. F. J. ‘Mode 3’ and ‘quadruple helix’: toward a ...
An assessment of the influence of economic crisis on the development of regions on the basis of integral current competitiveness index
This article is the first to suggest performing diagnostics and analysis of the influence of crisis phenomena on socioeconomic development of regionswith the help of an approach based on quantitative assessment of the current competitiveness of the region. The author offers calculations of integral development indices for three regions of three different federal districts of the Russian Federation for 2007-2010, as well as an analysis of the degree, to which regional economies ...
Evaluating the impact of integration processes on the ethnopolitical competition of languages in the Baltic Region
In the literature, the impact of integration processes on language learning and usage is traditionally evaluated either ... ... This article proposes a new conceptual approach based on measuring various aspects of competition between languages by the language integration and monopolization indices... .... M. Y. 2020, Effect of Twinning on Chinese and English Vocabulary Knowledge, Child Development. doi:
28. Mandal, S., Best, C. T....
The methodology of assessing the strategic competitiveness of municipalities: an integral approach (the case of the Kaliningrad region)
... activity in municipalities. The results of the assessment can be applied by the authorities in solving the urgent problems of development of subregional entities.
1. О порядке предоставления органами местного самоуправления ... ... http://www.kaliningrad.gks.ru (дата обращения: 02.09.2013).
Shekohvtseva L., Stepanova Yu.
performance, indicators, competitiveness, municipalities, integrated assessment, method.
The organisational model of assessing the influence of vocational education on the competitiveness of small enterprises in the region
... vocational training on the competitiveness of small enterprises in the region. By means of the target programme method and on the basis of integral expert reviews, the author built a model of the increase in regional vocational training influence on the development and competitiveness of small enterprises.
орган Федеральной службы государственной статистики по Калининградской области: экспресс-информация....
Network Transformations in Economy
... Change // Administrative Sciences Quarterly. 1990. № 35. P. 607.
8. Burt R. S. Structural Holes: The Social Structure of Competition. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1992.
9. Burt R. S., Knez M. Kinds of Third-Party Effects on Trust // Rationality and Society. 1995. № 7. P. 225—292.
10. Chesbrough H. Open Innovation: The ... ... Technology. Boston : Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
11. Coe N. M., Yeung H. M., Dicken H. W. Globalizing’ regional development: a GPNs perspective // Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2004. № 29. P. 468—484.
12. Contractor ...
The potential for expanding inter-cluster cooperation between the ship-building industries of Estonia, Finland, and North-West Russia
... benefit significantly from increased mutual cooperation; however, the international networks between the clusters are still poorly developed. The aim of this article is to analyse the preconditions for cluster internationalization between these clusters, which are rather different ... ... Research Institute of the Finnish Economy (ETLA), no. 1078.
9. Ketels, C. 2012, The impact of clusters and networks of firms on EU competitiveness, Final Report: Firm networks (May 2012), Studies in the Area of Competitiveness, WIFO, Specific Contract No 605748....
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... region into the tourist system of the Baltics. This study aims to conduct a comparative analysis of the processes relating to the development of international tourism in Lithuania in the context of the Baltic States. We also carry out the comparison of regional competitive factors and trace the patterns for further development of international tourism in Lithuania in the framework of cross-border and transborder cooperation.
1. Agenda 21: Baltic Sea Region Tourism. Baltic 21 Tourism Group, 1998, Baltic 21 Series no. 7/98, Agenda 21 for the Baltic Sea Region Baltic ...
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
... often overlook the relationships between Russian and Nordic investment capital; and even less attention is paid to studying the competition between the two. Yet this subject can be of particular relevance to the areas that are geographically, historically and culturally close to both Russia and the Nordic ... ... Strany Baltii: osobennosti sovremennogo jetapa razvitija. God planety [The Baltic countries: features of the present stage of development. Year of the Planet], Moscow, p. 480.
14. Sledovateli prishli v Oriflame po "staromu delu" [Investigators ...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... p. 238—245.
24. VINNOVA — Sweden’s Innovation Agency, available at: http://www.vinnova.se (accessed 01 June 2012).
25. Antyushina N. 2007, Strany Severnoj Evropy: naukoemkij tip razvitija [Countries of Northern Europe: knowledge-intensive type of development], Economist, no. 10, p. 29—40.
26. Sala-i-Martin, X. 2011, Global Competitiveness Report 2011—2012, 2011, Geneva, World Economic Forum.
27. Indikatory innovacionnoj dejatel'nosti 2012 [Indicators of innovative activity 2012], 2012, Moscow, GU-VShE.
28. Shelyubsky, N. 2001, Kosvennye metody gosudarstvennogo stimulirovanija ...
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... attractiveness and explore the role of architectural landscape in creating a positive image of a town for tourists; they also provide a background for including historical and cultural landmarks into a traveller’s experience. The authors analyse the results of the international urban development competition for the best concept of the historical area of the centre of Kaliningrad Korolevskaya Gora and Its Surroundings/The Heart of the City. Further, they come up with recommendations on using the most interesting proposals of the contestants from ...
Factors and features of innovative development of the Republic of Crimea
The innovative development of a region is the essential condition for increasing its competitiveness. The reintegration of the Republic of Crimea into the Russian Federation requires considerable efforts aimed at overcoming external geo-economic barriers in socio-economic development, as well as at revitalizing the economic activities ...
Сompetitive environment, business activity, and consumer sentiment: the regional aspect
... инструмент краткосрочного прогнозирования // Экономика и управление. Экономическое право. 2011. № 9. С. 81—89.
Barinov A., Lukyanova N.
business activity, consumer confidence, development of competition, regional competitive environment, monitoring
The competitiveness of the Irkutsk region in the world tourism market
... обращения: 08.03.2016).
23. World Bank Open Data // The World Bank. URL:
. GDP. MKTP. PP. CD (дата обращения: 14.09.2015).
Solodkov M., Borisova A.
international tourism, inbound tourism, competitiveness in tourism, regional features of tourism, tourism in the Irkutsk region, tourism development factors
On Sources and Mechanisms of Coastal Area Self-development
... internal catalyst of regional economic development is entrepreneurship functioning on the basis of genetic-cultural determination. The author comes to the conclusion that an efficient regional economic policy aimed at the increase in the region’s competitiveness should rest, first of all, on the development of intellectual capital and the corresponding human capital, the revival and strengthening of the economic role of technocracy and small innovative enterprises.
Комплексное регионирование ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
The Baltic region consists of coastal areas of nine countries — Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany,... ... demographic potential and the advantageous geo-economic situation. St. Petersburg has certain competitive advantages in the region brought about by its demographic potential, port... ... gate" of Russia. However, the level of high-tech services and ‘new economy’ development is not sufficient for the port to become a match for the top three cities...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
23. Swedish Patent and Registration Office, available at: http://www.prv.se/sv (accessed 04 June 2012).
24. The Global Competitiveness Report 2010—2011, World Economic Forum, available at: http://www.weforum.org/reports/global-competitiveness-report-2010-2011-0 ... ... (accessed 10 March 2011).
Fedorov Gennady, Voloshenko Yelena, Mikhailova Anna, Osmolovskaya Lidiya, Fedorov Dmitry
innovative development, research and technological potential, territorial differences, North-western federal district of the Russian Federation, Sweden, Finland
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
The agricultural land dynamics is one of the central issues of land use in Europe and Russia. Each historical period is characterized ... ... of agricultural land management dynamics, subregions and the main trends in their development were determined.
1. Бабурин В. Л., Земцов С. П. Инновационный... ... Todtling F. The Governance of Innovation in Europe. Regional Perspectives on Global Competitiveness. L., 2000.
19. Cooke P. N., Heidenreich M., Braczyk H.-J. Regional Innovation...
Formation and Development of Furniture Manufacturing in the Kaliningrad Region
... Национальное рейтинговое агентство. URL:
(дата обращения: 13.02.2016).
Barinov Alexander, Drok Tatiana
furniture production, stages of development, competitive advantage, Kaliningrad region
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
This article considers the possibility of Russian integration into a common research, technological, and innovative space of ... ... Baltic region. The author presents the results of a comparative analysis of innovative development in Russia and the Baltic Sea countries based on the calculation of an integral... ... (DAAD), available at: http://www.daad.de/en/ (accessed 3 January 2013).
33. The Global Competitiveness Report 2011—2012, available at: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GCR_Report_2011-12...
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
... commercializing R&D. This necessitates research on the situation in the corporate sector, including investment potential and propensity to invest. The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies to employ investment tools in delivering development strategies, which determine to a large extent the competitiveness of the city’s economy. This article presents a study into the response of twenty local public companies to changes in the economy and their ability to stay efficient and preserve investment potential in volatile economic conditions. The measures taken ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... economic partners, the economic relations between them are tense today. Nearly stagnating bilateral trade contributes little to the development of either side. The Baltics-Russian bilateral trade conducted within global value chains (GVC) and operations of multinational ... ... response to the long-term structural challenges faced by Russia and the Baltics in creating a new generation of internationally competitive firms; (3) as a result of companies tackling the effects of the pandemic against the background of historically stable ...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
This article presents an inventory and a typology of the existing and emerging economic clusters in the coastal zone of the European part ... ... M., Kuznetsova T. Yu., Razumovskii V. M. 2017, How the Proximity of the Sea Affects Development of Economy and the Settlement Pattern in Kaliningrad Oblast, Regional Research... ... environment of change, Geoforum, Vol. 20, no. 4, p. 447—457.
8. Porter, M. E. 1990, The Competitive Advantage of Nations, New York.
9. Enright, M. J., Roberts, B. H. 2001...
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
The article is devoted to the topical issue of providing innovation security of the Kaliningrad region, Russia’s exclave on the ... ... environment in the region for sustainable implementation of the innovative model of economic development. The author assesses the innovation environment in the Kaliningrad region... ... Journal of Economics. 1993. № 108(3). P. 577—598.
28. Maskell P., Malmberg А. The competitiveness of firms and regions. «Ubiquitification » and the importance of localized...
Features of the development of an individual educational trajectory in the framework of cluster approach
This paper is devoted to the problems of contemporary Russian education system and solutions to them. The best way to respond ... ... urgent problems. The author identifies the features of and makes recommendations for the development of an individual educational trajectory.
1. Винокуров М. А.... ... Technology Education. 2009. Vol. 20, No. 2. P. 37—49.
14. Porter M. Clusters and Competition: New Agendas for Companies, Govern-ment and Institutions // On Competition...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... Finnish-Russian co-operation and civil society engagement in the social economy of transformation, Enterpreneurship & Regional Development, Vol. 24, no. 3—4, April, p. 187—197.
6. Smith, S. L. J. 1998, Tourism as An Industry: Debates and Concepts. In: Ioannides, D., Debbage, K. G. (eds.), The Economic Geography of the Tourist Industry: A Supply-side Analysis, New York, Routledge, p. 31—52.
7. Stabell, C. B., Fjeldstad, Ø. D. 1998, Configuring value for competitive advantage: On chains, shops and networks, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 19, p. 413—437.
8. Goeldner, C. R.,...
The role of transborder cooperation in the increase of innovative potential of the Baltic region
13. Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007—2013. Project database. [StarDust]. URL: http://www.eu.baltic.net/Project_Database.5308.html?&&contentid= 52&contentaction=single (дата обращения: 10.03.2011).
14. Europa. Summaries of EU legislation. ERDF: European Regional Development Fund Objective 1. URL: http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/regional_policy/provisions_and_instruments/g24203_en. htm (дата обращения: 20.05.2011).
15. European Commission. Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (EIP). URL: http://ec.europa.eu/cip/eip/index_en. htm (дата обращения: 23.05.2011).
16. European Commission. CORDIS Introduction. URL: ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... 2, 88 p, available at: http://files.conferencemanager.dk/medialibrary/04d6301d-b532-4d77-9d6f-90a7e38fc1db/images/Upd ated_Report_Clusters_are_individuals_Vol._II.pdf (accessed 16 December 2012).
6. Dávila, N. G. 2011, Simultaneous cooperation and competition for economic development: the case of Copenhagen capacity (Denmark) and invest in Skane (Sweden) to foster the Medicon valley cluster, Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier University, 70 p.
7. Den Dansk — Tyske Region «Vioverskrider Graenser», official website, available at: http://www.deinregionsportal....
The features of choosing an institutional development trajectory in Eastern Europe in the 16th—17th centuries: Moscovy and the Polish — Lithuanian Commonwealth
... (earlier the Grand Duchy of Lithuania) in the 16th—17th centuries. The author emphasizes the factors, which affected the choice of institutional development trajectory, and considers the influence exerted by these institutes on the political and military development of these states. This article shows how the contingent property rights in Moscovy turned out to be competitive in the conditions of a considerable contribution of decentralization factors to defence capacity and, opposite to the situation in the Polish — Lithuanian Commonwealth, ensured the formation of large and efficient troops. This work contributes ...
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... question is whether inbound our outbound tourism prevailed and how visa-free travel to the Schengen Area affected the number of Ukrainians travelling to the Baltic Sea Region. Two data sources were used in the study. These are the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index of the World Economic Forum and data from the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine on the number of foreign ... ... no. 8, p. 999—1011. doi:10.1177/ 0047287517734943.
2. Javid, E., Katircioglu, S. 2017, The globalization indicators-tourism development nexus: a dynamic panel-data analysis, Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, vol. 22, no. 11, p. 1194—1205. doi: ...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... H. 2010, Fixed Costs, Foreign Direct Investment, and Gravity with Zeros, Review of International Economics, Vol. 18, no. 1, p. 47—62.
7. Doyle, P., Saunders, J. Wong, V. 1992, Competition in Global Markets — A Case-Study of American and Japanese Competition in the British Market, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 23, no. 3, p. 419—442.
8. Fedyunina A. A. 2016, Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 3, p. 70—83. DOI: 10.5922/2074-9848-2016-3-6.
9. Greene, W. H. 1997, Econometric Analysis. Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
10. Harzing, A. W., Pudelko, M. 2013, Language competencies,...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
27. Krugman, P. 1979, Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade, Journal of international Economics, Vol. 9, no. 4, p. 467—479.
28. Krugman, P., Elizondo, R. 1996, Trade policy and the third world metropolis, Journal of development economics, Vol. 49, no. 1, p. 137—150.
29. Lancaster, K. 1980, Intra-industry trade under perfect monopolistic competition, Journal of international Economics, Vol. 10, no. 2, p. 151—175.
30. MacDougall, G. D. A. 1951, British and American exports: A study suggested by the theory of comparative costs. Part I, The Economic Journal, no. 61(244), p. 697—724.
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
This article argues that the globalisation of markets and the transition to the information society requires the management of modern organisations to develop new solutions and approaches to management. The development of network society suggests a transition to management in ... ... 22,P. 125—139.
21. Hunt S. D., Morgan R. M. Resource-advantage theory: a snake swallowing its tail or a general theory of competition? // Journal of Marketing. 1997. P. 74—82.
22. Huxham C., Vangen S. Managing to collaborate: The theory and practice ...
Some Aspects of Development of Law on Competition Protection in terms of Exploitation of Property in State and Municipal Ownership
This article analyses the issues of legal regulation in the framework of concluding contracts on the disposition of state and municipal property and considers ... ... Российской Федерации. 2009. №
29. Ст. 3610.
Bandurov D., Motuzko D.
state and municipal property, Law on Competition Protection, property
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... and Linge, G. J. R. Chichester, Spatial Analysis, Industry and the Industrial Environment. Progress in Research and Applications, Vol. 1: Industrial systems, p. 25—36.
28. Perroux, F. 1971, Note on the Concept of Growth Poles in Economic Policy for Development: Selected Reading, London.
29. Porter, M. E. 1998, Clusters and the New Economics of Competition, Harvard Business Review, November-December, p. 77—90.
30. Porter, M. E. 2003, The economic performance of regions, Regional Studies, Vol. 37, August-October, p. 549—578.
31. Porter, M. E. 1998, Clusters and the New Economics of Competition,...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... project is the construction of a multipurpose multimodal complex — the commercial seaport of Ust-Luga. This is one of the most recent large projects in seaport infrastructure development. This article estimates the project’s significance for the development of the Baltic region and presents a competitive analysis of the seaport position in comparison to the largest European ports. The authors analyze the strengths of the seaport construction project, namely, the favorable natural environment and climate, advantageous geographical position,...
Theoretical Aspects of Cross-border Integration-based Economic Cooperation
In this article the author analyses theoretical aspects of border economy in the conditions of modern processes of integration. The author describes ... ... integration stressing the role of government regulation relating to the deformations in the development of the world economic mechanism. Modern studies focus on the evolution of... ... from classical political economy, monopoly regulation. This resulted in monopolistic competition, imperfect competition, and oligopoly – largely, through all fields and...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... 5 point scale. It suggests the possibility of that the processes of knowledge management are not used to their full capacity at the regional small and medium-sized businesses; therefore, there is untapped potential for enhancing the competitiveness of these enterprises. The study emphaisises the need for regional businesses to interpret new knowledge as a key value for developing the competitive and innovative potential.
1. Applehans W., Globe A., Laugero G. Managing knowledge: a practical webbased approach. Addison Wesley Professional, 1999.
2. Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary of Current English. 1982.
3. Despres C., Chauvel ...