A ‘divided history’: the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia in the light of current discussions
... effective for the identification of the main features of the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia.
1. Assmann, А. 2014, Dlinnaja ten' proshlogo: Memorial'naja kul'tura i istoricheskaja politika [The Long Shadow of the Past: The memorial culture and historical policy], Moscow.
2. Assmann, Ya. 2004, Kul'turnaja pamjat': Pis'mo, pamjat' o proshlom i politicheskaja identichnost' v vysokih kul'turah drevnosti [Cultural memory: Letter, the memory of the past and political identity in the ...
Verb collocations of the semantic field «Memory» with the component ‘Vergangenheit’ in the German media
.... In praise of forgetting: Historical memory and its ironies // History Today. 2017. Vol. 67 (3).
20. McQuaid S. D. Parading Memory and Re-member-ing Conflict: Collective Memory in Transition in Northern Ireland // International Journal of Politics, Culture and Society. 2017. Vol. 30 (1). P. 23—41.
21. Rebrina L. N., Shamne N. L., Milovanova M. V., Terentyeva E. V. Verbal Collocations of Memory: Functional-Semantic and Lexicographic Aspects // Proceedings of the 7th International Scientific and ...
Political reconsideration of the Soviet past: attitudes and actions of the Lithuanian elites
... 617, p. 133—149.
3. Gaidys, V. 2005, Lietuvos gyventojų partinės preferencijos 2004—2005 m. Praeities ir dabarties vertinimas, ateities lūkesčiai’ in Lietuva, Vilnius, Europos Sąjungoje, pirmieji metai (Firidas).
4. Eyerman, R. 2001, Cultural Trauma: Slavery and the Formation of African American Identity, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
5. Heisler, M. O. 2008, Challenged Histories and Collective Self-Concepts: Politics in History, Memory, and Time‘, ANNALS of the American ...
Anthroponyms as the markers of cultural memory in epic texts
The author explores the relationship of the notions ‘collective memory’ and ‘cultural memory. Anthroponyms represented in the brothers Grimm’s sagas are analysed as exponents of cultural memory. The main focus is on the functions of anthroponyms in the semantic structure of the sagas texts.
1. Алефиренко Н. Ф....
Memory phenomenon in the German literary criticism after 1989
This paper focuses on different theories proposed by German literary scholars currently addressing the concept of "memory", and reconsider the role of literature as a medium for keeping and transferring cultural legacy through space and time. It is discovered that literature-as-a-medium and memories are interconnected. It is also demonstrated how reading evokes spe-cific memories and forms a certain image of the past.
1. Ассман Я. Культурная память: Письмо, память о прошлом и политическая ...
Regional politics of memory in Poland’s Warmia and Masuria
... effective alternative to nationalistic populism, open regionalism provides a favourable background for international cross-border cooperation.
Kostyashov Yu. V., Sergeev V. V.
politics of memory, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland, historical and cultural heritage, open regionalism
On the formation of historical memory in the Kaliningrad region (1945-1960)
The paper analyzes the development of historical memory in the early Kaliningrad region and the activities of regional administration aimed at identifying and registering monuments of history and culture. The author stresses the contradictions in cultural heritage policies pursued by the authorities.
1. Иванов Ю. Н. Танцы в крематории: десять эпизодов кёнигсбергской жизни : роман....
Historiography and literature: An alliance or a symbiosis?
This article examines the concept of cultural memory. Special attention is paid to historiographical texts as a means of representation of cultural memory. The author analyses and compares theories describing relations between historiographical and literary texts. Such relations are based ...
One Hundred Years Later: Visual Representations of Cultural Memory of the First World War in the Commemorative Practices in the UK
... the UK to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the First World War, the article analyzes the visual images used in the national commemorative practices. Interconnection between the specifics of "English style" in the representation of the cultural memory of the Great War and deep trauma of British society as a result of the war is considered.
1. Барт Р. Camera lucida. Комментарий к фотографии / пер. М. Рыклина. М., 2011.
2. Губанов И. А....
The problem of memory in the novels of T. McCarth
... occurrence of the postmodern discourse with its emphasis on the fragmented structure of the human experience of ‘beingin- the-world’. The authors explore the main idea of the novels. On the one hand, the novels reflect the entropic nature of modern culture, and, on the other hand, they raise the question of a withdrawal from the ‘inner cave’ by means of memory stimulation.
1. Асланян А., Волчек Д. Имитации и реконструкции Тома Маккарти / [Интервью ...
"Love and Hate: the relations between Russia and the Bal¬tics in cultural and communicative memory": Russian-Lithuanian research workshop in Vilnius
A testimony of the First World War: Käthe Kollwitz’s cycle War (1922—1923)
... Rezeptionsgeschichte einer deutschen Künstlerin. Essen, 2014.
13. Winter J. Remembering War. The Great War Between Memory and History in the Twentieth Century. New Haven; L., 2006.
14. Winter J. Sites of Memory Sites of Mourning. The Great War in European Cultural History. Cambridge, 1995.
15. Art of the First World War, online exhibition. URL:
. com/gb/index2.html (дата обращения: 24.05.2011).
16. Museum of Modern Art Exhibition website. URL:
Königsberg Cathedral and Kant’s tomb in Soviet Kaliningrad
... attempted to demolish the ruins of the Cathedral, which was damaged during the war, and relocate Kant’s grave. However, this goal was not achieved, because members of Kaliningrad intelligentsia and the emerging civil society, who had the support of Moscow cultural organisations and institutions, including the Ministry of Culture of the RSFSR, furthered the cause of protecting the main attractions of Königsberg/Kaliningrad. Thе article discusses the projects of using the ruins of the Cathedral for different ...
Pushkin as a personal myth of the Russian avantgarde
...., eds., 1999. Russkii futurizm: Teoriya. Praktika. Kritika. Vospominaniya [Russian Futurism: Theory. Practice. Criticism. Memories]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Ryleva, A., 2019. Game in hell. On a comparative study of the drawings by A. Pushkin to his unfinished ... ... IKBFU's Vestnik. Ser. Philology, pedagogy, and psychology, 8, pp. 155—158 (in Russ.).
Alexander Pushkin, Russian avant-garde, cultural appropriation, cultural myth, literary succession
Tsvigun, Tatyana V., Chernyakov, Aleksey N.
The transfer of the ownership of the objects of cultural heritage of the Kaliningrad region to the Russian Orthodox Church: the social and cultural aspects of the conflict
... article focuses on the factors having influenced the formation of the conscious attitude to the past of the Kaliningrad region in the local residents. The author shows that a special regional identity, which developed in the interaction with the unique cultural environment, requires a public discussion as decisions concerning the transfer of the ownership of cultural and historical objects to a religious organisation are made.
Karpenko A. M.
regional identity, Kaliningrad, collective memory, civil ...
An escape from the embrace of politics. A study into the cultures of remembrance as a means to encourage a historical dialogue in Lithuanian-Russian relations
... January 2012).
2. Safronovas, V. 2009, O tendencijah politiki vospominanija v sovremennoj Litve [On the trends in modern politics memories Lithuania], Ab Imperio: Studies of New Imperial History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet Space, no 3, p. 424—458.... ... postkommunisticheskih obwestvah Vostochnoj Evropy. Popytka obwego opisanija i kategorizacii ["What is this carpet?" Culture of memory in post-communist societies of Eastern Europe. An attempt to describe and categorize the total], Ab Imperio: ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... development of Soviet-Polish cross-border cooperation. 1950—80-ies (on materials of the Kaliningrad region, Olsztyn and Elbląg voivodeships)], Report on the Candidate Dissertations in the Historical Sciences, p. 308. (In Russ.)
8. Municipal State Cultural Institution "Center for the Preservation of Monuments, Site of the Administration of the urban district "City of Kaliningrad", available at:
9. On Cancelling ...
‘The Word, an Ulcer…’: Aleksey Chicherin’s semiotic utopia
.... Zimenkov, eds. Russkii futurizm: Teoriya. Praktika. Kritika. Vospominaniya [Russian futurism: Theory. Practice. Criticism. Memories]. Moscow, pp. 44—45 (in Russ.).
Padin, K., 1996. Semiotic versification. In: D. Bulatov, ed. Eksperimental'naya poeziya: ... ... Russ.).
Sakhno, I. M., 2011. Visual artifacts of poetic constructivism. Dom Burganova. Prostranstvo kul'tury [House Burganova. Culture space], 2, pp. 73—83 (in Russ.).
Sigei, S., 1996. A Brief History of Visual Poetry in Russia. In: D. Bulatov, ed. Eksperimental'naya ...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region in view of the current social and economic situation and the risks associated with the first stage of the programme implementation (2007—2013). Possible migration risks are considered from the perspective of cultural studies and management research.
1. Alimpieva, A. V. 2012, Kaliningradcy: otnoshenie k trudovym migrantam iz Srednej Azii [Kaliningradians: relation to migrant workers from Central Asia], Intellika, available at: http://www.intellika.info/publications/1996/ ...
On the problem of cultural reference of proverbs (the Russian proverbs with images of clothing)
This article explores proverbs as signs that preserve, transfer, and develop meanings rooted in the ethnic culture. The author investigates the ways cultural semantics is expressed in proverbs featuring clothing items. Another focus is the ways to refer to garment elements. Clothing items are universal realia; they form concepts, mythologemes, symbols, gauges,...
Kiseleva L. Estonian-Russian cultural space Foreword
1. Zverev, Yu. M., Mezhevich, N. M. Podhody k tipologii malykh evropeyskikh stran na primere Estonii, Latvii, Litvy [Approaches to the Typolocy of European Small Countries (Case of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania); — in Russian] // Polis (Russian Federation). — 2019. — No. 5. — P. 181—191.
2. Lanko, D. A. Istoricheskaya pamyat’ v epokhu globalizatsii: primer rossiysko-estonskih otnosheniy [Historical Memory in the Age of Globalization: The Case of Russian-Estonian Relations; — in Russian] // Baltic Region...
Ideology of Armenian and Russian Orthodoxy in the mirror of ritual objects: khachkars and wayside crosses
... functions that these religious objects enable, first of all, the creation of a sacred milieu, unification of the Orthodox believer with God, and the formation of Orthodox memory. At the same time, it is noted that the Armenian khachkars are closer to pagan cultures in comparison with wayside crosses of the Eastern Slavs; the fact that can be conditioned by the cultural history of these peoples.
1. Абегян М. Х. История древнеармянской литературы. Ереван, 1975....
The ways to increase motivation for learning literary Russian language
... as a means to develop the students’ emotional abilities and inspire respect for their future professions. It is stressed that introduction to the works of leading Kaliningrad authors and poets gives international students a clearer idea of Russian culture, helps them develop empathy, improve emotional and associative memory, and increase motivation for learning literary Russian.
1. Глушкин О. Б. Обретенные причалы : рассказы, эссе. Калининград, ...
Methodological Potential of the Concept «Military Culture of Society» in Historical and Political Studies
The author considers the scope of the «military culture of society» concept and analyses the possibilities of its application in humanities in order to extend our knowledge of the past and the present.
Культура воинской деятельности. М., 1984....
The text in the context of the Tartu Semiotic School: problems and prospects
... of the description of behavior. Trudy po znakovym sistemam [Transactionses on Sign Systems], 8, pp. 151—163 (in Russ.).
Levin, Yu. I., Segal, D. M., Timenchik, R. D., Toporov, V. N., Tsiv'yan, T. V., 1974. Russian semantic poetics as a potential cultural paradigm. Russian Literature, 7(8), pp. 47—82 (in Russ.).
Levi-Stross, K., 1985. Structural analysis in linguistics and anthropology. In: K. Levi-Stross, ed. Strukturnaya antropologiya [Structural Anthropology]. Moscow: Glavnaya redaktsiya ...
The journal “1812”and the 100th anniversary of the Patriotic War of 1812
... On the one hand, publications in the journal reflected the prevailing worldview and the lexis used at that time. On the other hand, articles of the journal disseminated a set of values amongst the readership, having an equal or lower educational, cultural and social status. The knowledge of the language of the journal and the specificity of its semantics allows translating the meanings encoded in the articles and the Panorama into the language of the contemporary visitor. This article provides ...
Around the “social pedagogy” of Paul Natorp: Vladimir Dinze in the debates on national upbringing. Part 1
... philosopher of Neo- Kantian movement Paul Natorp. These ideas were formulated mainly in his fundamental work “Social Pedagogy”. Vladimir Dinze relies on Natorp’s thesis of the national school as the way of accustoming “the all people to the national culture”, actualizes the heritage of Russian and Western pedagogues and philosophers and formulates newly the problem of the national upbringing that is after hundred years in tune with the times as before. The papers of Dinze himself and the translation ...
Kant in Nikolai Strakhov’s philosophical research (An experience of epistemological orientation)
... the German philosopher, the works of A. I. Vvedensky, etc. The study fol¬lows the pattern of a dialogical reconstruction; it examines the conceptual range of interpretations of Kant’s philosophical legacy in the context of the Russian intellectual culture of the 1860—90s. Modern Kant studies just began investigating Strakhov’s oeuvre. One cannot but agree that Strakhov ‘offers a subtle and in-depth interpretation of Kant’s understanding of the subjectivity of thinking (V. A. Zhuchkov). ...
On the Semiotic Model of Image
... natural languages. Dordrecht, Springer Netherlands. pp. 94—119.
Morris, C. W., 1938. Foundations of the theory of signs. International encyclopedia of unified science, 1 (2), pp. 1—59.
Monticelli, D., 2016. Critique of ideology or/and analysis of culture? Barthes and Lotman on secondary semiotic systems. Sign Systems Studies, 44 (3). pp. 432—451.
Peirce, C. S., 1934. Collected papers of Charles Sanders Peirce: Vol. V. Cambridge.
Peirce, C. S., 1931—1958. Collected papers of Charles Sanders ...
The “court cases” of General Ye. F. Kern
... dominant position on the military Areopagus. Moreover, in the post-war period his life was scarred by tragedies. In the Russian culture, he became notorious because of his wife. Over the last two centuries, Ye. F. Kern has been described as a “rude” ... ... Gordin, A. M. (eds.), 1989, Kern (Markova-Vinogradskaja) A. P. Vospominanija. Dnevniki. Perepiska [Kern (Markov-Vinogradskaya) AP Memories. Blogs. correspondence], Moscow.
war, officers, generals, service, military transport officer, army,...
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
This paper considers the cultural, political, and historical problems of the development of European identity in the discourse of Europe. The author addresses the question as to whether European identity is a category of political discourse or a real instrument of European integration ...
Parallels of psychoanalysis in the intellectual and creative biography of Hugo von Hofmannsthal
... which was equally influenced by science and arts. The creative work of the Austrian poet Hofmannsthal, also a dramatist and a writer, is a good example of this kind of symbiosis. The remaining part of Hofmannsthal’s library, his letters to other cultural influencers (Arthur Schnitzler, Hermann Bahr, Carl Burckhardt, Ernst Chladni) and the memories of him (Rudolf Kassner) refer to Hofmannsthal’s interest in psychology, psychiatry and psychoanalysis, and many of his literary works allude to Sigmund Freud’s findings. The psychograme of the protagonists in his works resemble the ...
Thematic parallels in the hagiographies of Adalbert of Prague and old Russian narratives
17. Bôbová M., Töröková M. Svätý Vojtech: svätec, doba a kult : Výberová bibliografia. Banská Bystrica, 2010.
18. Klaniczay G. Chapter One. Saints’ Cults in Medieval Central Europe: Rivalries and Alliances // Symbolic Identity and the Cultural Memory of Saints / еd. by N. H. Petersen, A. Mänd, S. Salvadó, T. R. Sands. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2018. P. 21—41.
19. Słownik etymologiczno-motywacyjny staropolskich nazw osobowych. Część 1 : Odapelatywne nazwy osobowe / oprac....
Crimea in the legacy of B. D. Grekov, fellow of the Academy of Sciences
... Intelligentsiya v Krymu (1917—1920): poiski i nakhodki istochnikoveda [Intellectuals in Crimea (1917—1920). Simferopol.
16. Filimonov, S. B., 2010. Iz proshlogo russkoi kul'tury v Krymu: poiski i nakhodki istorika-istochnikoveda [From the past of the Russian culture in Crime: the search and findings of a historian-sources’ analyst]. Simferopol.
17. Formozov, A. A., 2004. Russkie arkheologi v period totalitarizma. Istoriograficheskie ocherki [Russian archeologists in the era of totalitarism. Historiographic ...
The mythopoetics of Kazuo Ishiguro’s novel The buried giant
... С. 97—107.
12. Элиаде М. Аспекты мифа / пер. с фр. В. П. Большакова. М., 2010.
13. Arthurian Chronicles by Wace and Layamon / transl. by E. Mason. Toronto, 1996.
14. Borowska-Szerszen S. The giants beneath: Cultural memory and literature in Kazuo Ishiguro’s The Buried Giant // Crossroads. A Journal of English Studies. 2016. № 4, iss. 15. P. 30—42.
15. Briggs K. An Encyclopedia of Fairies: Hobgoblins, Brownies, Bogies, & Other Supernatural Creatures....
Between profession and public engagement: Evolution of the public history movement in America
23. Hurley A. Narrating the Urban Waterfront: The Role of Public History in Community Revitalization // The Public Historian. 2006. № 4. P. 19—50.
24. Jenkins H., Clinton K., Purushotma R. et al. Confronting the challenges of participatory culture: Media education for the 21st century. Chicago, 2006.
25. Johnson G. W. The Origins of The Public Historian and the National Council on Public History // The Public Historian. 1999. № 3. P. 167—179.
26. Kelley R. Public History: Its Origins,...
Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Germany: Models of Memory and Cultural Recollections
1. Berek M. Gutes oder schleschtes Erinnern? Die Notwendigkeit des Politischen in der Erinnerungskultur // Erinnerungskultur und Versöhnungskitsch. Marburg, 2008.
2. Assmann J. Das kulturelle Gedächtnis Schrift, Erinnerung und politische Identität in frühen Hochkulturen. München, 2002.
3. Staliūnas D. Savas ar svetimas paveldas? 1863—1864 m. sukilimas kaip lietuvių atminties vieta. Vilnius, 2008.
4. Langewiesche D. Unschuldige Mythen: Gründungsmythen und Nationsbildung in...
‘Back to Kant’ or ‘Back to Leibnitz’? A critical view from the history of Russian metaphysical personalism
... russkoe: mezhdu teoriey poznaniya i kritikoy kultury [Russian and German Neokantianism: between theory of knowledge and critics of culture] Moscow. p. 66—85.
12. Dlugach T. B. 2002. Problema bytiya v nemetskoy filosofii i sovremennost [Problem of Being in ... ... [Problems of philosophy and psychology], no. V (115), p. 435—471.
21. Losskiy N. O. 2008. Vospominaniya. Zhizn i filosofskiy put [Memories. Life and philosophical way] Moscow, 400 p.
22. Losskiy N. O. 1995. Chuvstvennaya, intellektualnaya i misticheskaya intuitsiya ...