Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... author concludes that the countries mostly dependent on Russian gas are Lithuania and Latvia. The announced LNG terminal projects are being reviewed in detail. Their necessity is estimated from the perspective of the current and future demand for natural gas, including the terms and conditions of contracts concluded with OAO Gazprom. Different scenarios and prospects for individual LNG terminal projects and associated pipeline infrastructure are evaluated. It is shown that the inability of countries to find a political compromise on this issue and the terms of existing contracts for Russian gas, as well as low domestic demand for gas hamper the implementation ...
Power rating of flares power burning associated gas by processing satellite images MODIS
Described modified method for estimating flares power of burning associated gas by processing satellite images MODIS. The program complex estimates associated flared gas volume for a given torch unit and licensed areas within the selected calendar periods. The methodology and software system tested for the most powerful oil fields ...
The goecological seismic risk associated with the construction of an underground gas storage in the Kaliningrad region
This article justifies the methodology for assessing the geoecological seismic risk associated with the construction of the Kaliningrad Underground Gas Storage (KUGS). A modified Leopold matrix helped obtain semi-quantitative seismic safety estimate for the object under consideration. The risk assessment is taken into account when developing technological solutions at the design stage.
1. Айзберг ...
Socially efficient entry barriers?
... to show that the absence of entry barriers does not improve competition in certain markets. On the contrary, it may result in a decrease in social welfare. This is particularly true of capital-intensive goods, for instance, large diameter pipes for gas pipelines. Lack of proper competition in such sectors of the market necessitates entry barriers, for they help to achieve a separating equilibrium at the market. Since there are costs associated with creating a separating equilibrium, it is necessary to assess both costs and benefits of the pooling and separating equilibria.
1. Auzan, A., Kryuchkova, P. (eds.), 2002, Administrativnye bariery v ekonomike: institutsionalniy analiz [Administrative ...
On ensuring the energy security of the Kaliningrad region
... 2014. № 73. Р. 1—14.
6. Russian President Vladimir Putin entrusts Gazprom with getting back to Ya-mal — Europe-2 and gas branch to Kaliningrad Region projects (новости компании). April 3, 2013. URL: http://www.gazprom.com/press/news/ ... .... Р. 77—108.
8. Winzer C. Conceptualizing energy security // Energy Policy. 2012. № 46. Р. 36—48.
9. World Nuclear Association, Nuclear Power in Lithuania, updated August 2014. URL: http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Country-Profiles/Countries-G-N/Lithuania/ ...
Localization of large business in coastal zones as a factor of transboundary clustering (on the example of the European part of Russia)
The factors and features of localization of large business interests in 14 European coastal regions of Russia are analyzed. It is shown that the interest of large business in the coastal zones is commonly associated with the concentration of large oil and gas fields (on the shelf and in the coastal zone), with the logistics tasks (export-import operations), and (to a lesser extent, mainly Black Sea coast) with the implementation of certain recreational projects. Localization of large business (its head ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
... Statistics Estonia, available at: http://www.stat. ee/34180 (accessed 24 March 2013).
7. Annual Report on Electricity and Natural Gas Markets of the Republic of Lithuania to the European Commission, 2012, Vilnius, p. 95, available at:http://www. energy-regulators.... ... http://www. hitachi.com/New/cnews/110714.html (accessed 30 March 2013).
16. Nuclear Power in Lithuania, 2012, World Nuclear Association, Updated 31 October 2012, available at: http://www. world-nuclear. org/info/Country-Profiles/Countries-G-N/Lithuania/#....