The role of transit in the economy of Latvia
Transit is an important issue in the history of world economy, including the economy of Latvia. Transit makes a significant contribution to the budget of many transit countries, one of which is the Republic of Latvia. These countries do not have significant ...
The effect of cross-border fibre-optic transitions on the information and communication connectivity of the Russian cities
The Russian cities are connected by many telecommunication lines. The information flow between any two cities can be sent via multiple routes, including those running through the networks of other countries. Cross-border transitions are created to connect the Russian lines with the international networks. The effect of these transitions on the connectivity of the cities has not been analysed earlier, either for Russia or for any other country. Using my own database on ...
Influence of potassium impurity on the phase transition in a massive and nanostructured sample of Na1-xKxNO2
... Лисянский А.
А., Филиппов А.
Флуктуационные эффекты в системах с конкурирующими взаимодействиями. Киев
Kumzerov Yu. et al.
Ferroelectric phase transitions in sodium nitrite nanocomposites
Journal of electroceramics
2008. P. 1—7. online.
Phase Transitions. 1992. 45. P. 277.
Structural Phase Transitions....
Current Scenarios for the Demographic Future of the World: The Cases of Russia and Germany
... standards of scenarios for global demographic development. We consider demographic development both in a positive and negative sense. Our analysis rests on such theoretical structures as the general theory of population, the classical theory of demographic transition, the concepts of the ‘second’, ‘third’, and ‘fourth’ demographic transitions, and scenarios for the ‘Eurasian demographic development path’. We employ a range of methods from comparative demography as well as historical analogies,...
The theory of peripheral capitalism: on the applicability of the Latin American model to the Baltic States. An attempt at an inter-disciplinary analysis
The relevance of this study of post-Soviet transition lies in the focus on the technically theoretical problems that are nevertheless the key to understanding regional development processes in the East of the Baltic Sea. The research aims to verify the theory of peripheral capitalism as applied ...
The «(Un)Encapsulation» of the Political Elites of Latvia and Estonia and Russian-speaking Minorities
1. Dreifelds J. Latvia in Transition. Cambridge, 1996.
2. Political Representation and participation in Transitional Democracies: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania / Loftsson E., Choe Y., eds. Sodertoerns hoegskola, 2003.
3. Rozenvalds J. Latvia After Twelve Years of Renewed Independence: ...
The semantic category of affectedness and its syntactic realisation
... оценки (типы предикатов и эпистемическая шкала) // Логический анализ языка. Образ человека в культуре и языке. М., 1999. С. 221—228.
10. Bolinger D. Passive and Transitivity Again // Forum Linguisticum. 1980.Vol. 3, no. 1. Р. 25—84.
11. Chappell H. Is the get-passive adversative? // Papers in linguistics. 1980.Vol. 13, no. 3. P. 411—452.
12. Cienki A. Experiencers, Possessors, and Overlap Between Russian ...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
This article considers major trends in the spatial and sectoral structure of national production and analyses the patterns of transformation of industrial systems into integrated industrial complexes, which show higher efficiency in transit condiétions. The author presents a new approach to studying the structural transformation of industrial systems during the transition of the national economy, which will make it possible to identify major trends in national production. The article ...
International Migration in the Periods of Transition and Crisis: the Case of Latvia
... movements in the case of Latvia. Due to the country’s economic recession, migration has accelerated in the recent years. Empirical results show the response of the migration system to the changing internal factors and external influences in the times of transition and global crisis. Long-term emigration exacerbates the problem of demographic change in Latvia.
1. Apsite E., Krišjāne Z., Berzins M. Emigration from Latvia under economic crisis conditions // International Proceedings of Economics Development ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
This article focuses on a commodity flow model for an exclave region (CFMER). The CFMER development is aimed at identifying aggregate proportions of the exclave’s economy in the transitional period of the special economic zone (SEZ) functioning. The key method of analysis is the comparison of data on the generation of gross regional product and regional foreign economic activities (including export and import of goods and moving ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... federal city of Saint Petersburg) in 2002—2011. The study uses standard methods of demographic analysis, the data provided by national statistical services and Eurostat. All regions analysed are characterised by a low stationary phase of the demographic transition model (DTM). The situation proves to be unfavourable in the Polish regions under consideration and highly unfavourable in the remaining area.
1. Ágh A. Processes of democratization in the East Central European and Balkan states: sovereignty-related ...
The calculation of the spectrum of nuclear quadrupole resonance deuterium replaced methyl group
Values for quadrupole energy levels of CD3 molecule are obtained. Besides the energy values stationary states of this system is marked by total spin projection on the molecular symmetry axis. Nuclear selection rule for radiative transitions is M 1. The radiative transition frequencies are calculated and it is obtained, that spectrum have a dublet and triplet structure.
1. Варшалович Д. А., Москалев А. Н., Херсонский В. К. Квантовая ...
The ageing and morphology of porous glasses with embedded materials
... on sample surface. Space distribution of tin filled up the pores of porous glasses has been studied using a combination of ionic etching and Auger-spectroscopy.
1. Golosovsky I. V., Mirebeau I., Sakhnenko V. P. et al. Evolution of the magnetic phase transition in MnO confined to channel type matrices: eutron diffraction study // Physical Review. 2005. B72. P. 144409-1—144409-5.
2. Fokin A. V., Kumzerov Yu. A., Naberezhnov A. A. et al. Temperature Evolution of Sodium Nitrite Structure in ...
A general representation of ship containers planning and loading-unloading processes at multimodal transit terminals
... automa-tion of loading and unloading processes in the sea zone of multimodal con-tainer terminals (berthage). The authors present the organization and algo-rithms of automated loading planning and complete and partial container loading and unloading at the transit terminal are presented.
1. Нужнов Е. В., Юрко Д. С., Каграманова М. С. Организация перегрузочных процессов и управления функционированием портового ...
Economic Aspects of Russian-Baltic Relations in 2007—2008
The influence of the events related to the transfer of the remains and the monument to Soviet soldiers in central Tallinn on the Russian cargo transit flows through the Baltic Sea region is described. The author shows that there has been a redistribution of Russian cargoes and their shipment through the ports of Latvia and Lithuania lately. According to the author, the positive dynamics of ...
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
Research into the socio-spatial dynamics in Central-Eastern European cities is an im-portant area of contemporary transition studies. Open issues in this domain range from defining a theoretical framework to data availability and methodological approaches. As to the former aspect, recent literature focuses on the hybrid nature of the post-socialist urban space, which ...
On the logical inconsistency of Kant’s critique of the cosmological argument
... Instead, it resorts covertly to the ontological proof. This is the second stage of the proof, when fr om the notion of a necessary being (ens necessarium) they move to the concept of a most real being (ens realissimum), i.e. God. According to Kant, this transition is logically equivalent to the reverse transition from ens realissimum to ens necessarium, which is the essence of the ontological argument. Demonstrating this equivalence, Kant resorts to conversion by lim itation, or per accidens. Such a ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... specialisation) and their priorities 30 Apr. 2014 № 411, Vilnius. URL:
(дата обращения: 15.04.2018).
24. Grennes T. The economic transition in the Baltic countries // J. of Baltic Studies. 1997. № 28 (1). P. 9—24.
25. Gulati R., Gargiulo M. Where do interorganizational networks come from? // American J. of Sociology. 1999. № 104 (5). P. 1439—1493.
26. Hanson A., Rohlin ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... prosperity while reducing dependence on raw materials and energy. Many businesses regard circular economy as a way to enhance economic growth and increase profits. Governments across the world actively engage in the discussion about the benefits of a transition to a circular economy and about its impact on employment, economic growth, and the environment. This paper aims to study the major issues of circular economy, to identify its advantages, and to offer an insight into the transition stage the ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
8. Baltic Way(s) of Human Development: Twenty Years On, 2011, Tallinn, Printon Trükikoda, p.163.
9. Bogason, P. 2007, Legitimacy Crisis. In: Bevir, M. (ed.), Encyclopedia of Governance, Sage, p. 522.
10. Carothers, T. 2002, The End of the Transition Paradigm, Journal of Democracy, Vol. 13, no. 1, p. 7-21.
11. Collins, R. 1995, Prediction in Macrosociology: The Case of the Soviet Collapse, American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 100, no. 6, p. 1566.
12. Degutis, M. 2004, Politinë kultûra....
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... available at: http://www. auditinvest.ru/downloads/docs/v_reytinge_investicionnoy_privlekatelnosti_regoionov. pdf (accessed 15 April 2012).
31. Bruijn, H., Voort, H., Dicke, W., Jong, M., Veeneman, W. 2004, Creating System Innovation: How Large Scale Transitions Emerge, N. Y., Taylor & Francis.
32. Fischer,M., Fröhlich, J. 2001, Knowledge, Complexity and Innovation Systems, Berlin, Springer.
33. Freeman, C. 1995, The 'National System of Innovation' in historical perspective, Cambridge Journal of ...
The historical and geographical evolution of the enclavity of the Kaliningrad region
... formations in the territory of the modern Kaliningrad region. The author offers information on their socio-economic and political features. The article identifies enclave (exclave) problems peculiar to them, including the land access (passenger and cargo transit) of the metropolis to the isolated territory, as well as the issues relating to the origins of state border, border control, visa regime, and political and economic relations to neighbouring states and the mainland. The author reviews cases of ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... comprehensive plan to combat illegal immigration and trafficking of human beings in the European Union, 2002, Official Journal C, no. 142, 14.06.2002.
9. Council Directive 2002/90/EC of 28 November 2002 defining the facilitation of unauthorised entry, transit and residence, 2002, Official Journal L, no. 328, 5.12.2002, p. 17–18.
10. 2002/946/JHA: Council framework Decision of 28 November 2002 on the strengthening of the penal framework to prevent the facilitation of unauthorised entry, transit and ...
The features of the genesis of modern Lithuanian multiparty system
... группы) // Мировая экономика и международные отношения. 1996. № 4. 117—127.
2. Saarts T. Comparative party system analysis in Central and Eastern Europe: the case of the Baltic states // Studies of transition states and societies. Vol. 3, iss. 3.
3. Симонян Р. Х. Россия и страны Балтии. М., 2009.
4. Lithuania’s independence: the litmus test for democracy in the U. S.S. R. // Lithuanian quarterly journal of arts ...
On the antecology of Cerasus, Microcerasus and Amygdalus (Rosaceae)
This article analyses the organogenesis and flowering transition phases in Cerasus, Microcerasus, and Amygdalus. There are five phases identified for Cerasus fruticosa, C.vulgaris, C avium, Microcerasus tomentosa, and Amygdalus nana.
П., Радионенко А.
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... globalization. In: Martínez, S. International Migration and Human Rights: The Global Repercussions of US Policy, vol. 11, University of California Press, Berkeley, p. 23—43.
17. İçduygu, A. ٢٠٠٠, The Politics of International Migratory Regimes: Transit Migration Flows in Turkey, International Social Science Journal, vol. 52, no. 165, p. 357—367. doi:
18. Düvell, F. 2006, Irregular migration: A global, historical and economic perspective. In: Düvell,...
Time in Sergey Trubetskoy’s and Boris Chicherin’s metaphysical concepts: A discussion on Kant
... focuses on the philosophers’ understanding of the metaphysical nature of time. The relevance of the work is that the philosophical reflections of the opponents took place against the backdrop of an impending change in science and philosophy — the transition from the classical to neo-classical paradigm. This transition encouraged philosophers to revise the traditional approaches (Kant’s teaching of time as an a priori form of sensibility, the post-Kantian idea of time as a manifestation of the ...
Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
ESifo, Working Paper Center for Economic Studies and Ifo Institute for Economic Research, no. 1048, University of London.
3.Bruszt, L. 2000, Constituting Markets: The Case of Russia and Check Republic.In: Dobry, M. (eds), Democratic and Capitalist Transitions in Eastern Europe, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
4. Drazen, A. 2000, Political Economy in Macroeconomics, Princeton, Princeton University Press.
5. Economic expert, available at: http://www.economicexpert.com/ (accessed 05 September 2011)....
The mutual similarity of meanings and structures in a literary text
... Performance to Modern Fiction. Austin.
Givón, T., 1979. From discourse to syntax: Grammar as a processing strategy. In: T. Givón, ed. Discourse and Syntax. Syntax and Semantics. Vol. 12. N. Y., etc. pp. 81—112.
Hopper, P. and Thompson, S., 1980. Transitivity in grammar and discourse. Language, 56 (2), pp. 251—299.
Hopper, P. and Thompson, S., eds., 1982. Studies in Transitivity. Syntax and Semantics 15. N. Y., etc.
Jasinskaja, E., 2009. Pragmatics and Prosody of Implicit Discourse Relations....
The concept “people” in the modern European political thought: Hobbes, Spinoza, Pufendorf
... “artificial person”. The author emphasizes that the introduction of the concept “natural state” led to changes in the ontological status of people in political theory. The concept “people” becomes “a flickering subject” that appears during the transition from a natural state to a civil one and disappears when the transition goes in the opposite direction. In a civil state, people become an active subject when they perform the function of the legislator. In other cases, people as a political ...
Events as a semantic framework for the construction of reality: the prospects of a transition to a dynamic ontology
... the phenomena in the context of opportunities for the constructive transformation of reality. We address three major problems. The first problem concerns the possibility of a dynamic description of the nature of events. In this context, we justify a transition to a constructive-dynamic ontological paradigm. We identify the functions of an event that consists in the creation, management, and destruction or reality. We demonstrate the need for a constructive model of a special event—a model taking ...
Verb collocations of the semantic field «Memory» with the component ‘Vergangenheit’ in the German media
... functional-communicative approach, a complex of semasiological and onomasiological methods. The composition of the collocations, the internal organizational structure of the lexical set, subjectivity and objectivity, key words’ functions, internal or external transitivity / intransitivity, structural-semantic models, series of collocations, subject codes, pragmatic components of the meanings of collocations are described. The elements of linguistic and mental memory model are revealed. The author determines ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... formation of the party system in post-Soviet Lithuania], Moscow, Knizhnyj dom «Librokom».
9. Kalev, L., Ruutsoo, R. 2009, Citizenship policies between Nation-state building and Globalization: Attitudes of the decision Makersin Estonia, Studies of Transition States and Societies, Vol. 2, no. 1.
10. Kasatkina, N., Beresnevičiūtė, V. 2010, Ethnic Structure, Inequality and Governance of the Public Sector in Lithuania, Ethnicity Studies, Lithuanian Social Research Centre, Eugrimas, no. 1—2.
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... 327, 28 November 1997.
6. Council of the European Union. 1999, Common strategy of the European Union on Russia, Brussels, 4 June 1999, 1999/414/CFSP, OJ L/157.
7. Council of the European Union. 2003, Regulation 693/2003 establishing a Facilitated Transit Document (FTD), a Facilitated Rail Transit Document (FRTD) and amending the Common Consular Instructions and the Common, DO L 99, 17 April 2003.
8. Council of the European Union. 2007, Council Decision of 19 April 2007 on the conclusion of the ...
The Belarus Business Environment as Assessed by the Management of Leading Finnish Companies Operating in the Country
... Institute, University of Turku.
4. Cherunilam, F. 2009, Business Environment, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
5. Cherunilam, F. 2010, Elements of Business Environment, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
6. EBRD. Belarus — Country assessments, 2012, Transition Reports, available at: http://www.ebrd.com/downloads/research/transition/assessments/belarus.pdf (accessed 12.09.2014).
7. EIU, 2013, Belarus, Country Report, Economist Intelligence Unit, London.
8. Heikkilä, M. 2010, Suomalaisinvestointien ...
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... biographical data on the presidents, ministers, advisors, and party leaders of the Republic of Poland was collected and processed. The work follows the network analysis paradigm and identifies the dynamics of the key network parameters: distance, density, transitivity, and compactness. The author analyses the dynamics of representation in the structure of political territorial diaspora elites, business community members, and ‘moral politicians’. The article identifies two periods of formation of political ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... Krasnoznamensk, Ozersk, and Chernykhovsk. A comparison with the other constituent entities of the Northwestern federal district proved that the level of social wellbeing of Kaliningrad rural municipalities is rather high and most of them have made the transition from depression to sustainable development.
1. Federal'nyj zakon ot 06.10.2003 № 131-FZ «Ob obshhih principah organizacii mestnogo samoupravlenija v Ros-sijskoj Federacii» [Federal Law of 06.10.2003 № 131-FZ
«On General Principles ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
This article argues that the globalisation of markets and the transition to the information society requires the management of modern organisations to develop new solutions and approaches to management. The development of network society suggests a transition to management in the conditions of growing market turbulence ...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
... economic situation in the Baltic countries and Russia's foreign trade with these countries], Moscow, Market Economy Institute of the Russian Academy of science, p. 3.
15. Matutis, V. 2012, Znachenie tranzita v Latvii vyshe, chem v Litve [The value of transit in Latvia than in Lithuania], available at: http://www.jura24.lt/ru/novosti/morskoj-biznes/-455668 2012-10-19 (accessed 03 April 2013).
16. Na LDz ustanovlen novyj rekord perevozok [LDz on the new record traffic], 2012, Latvijas dzelzceļš,...
The territorial structure and appearance of Kaliningrad
... other — on the examination of documents. The former helped define a number of integral regions that were later considered from a historical point of view in order to figure out how the territorial structure and appearance of the city changed in the transition from the German to the Soviet and post-Soviet periods.
Yemelyanov Aleksander, Stegniyenko Aleksandra, Yashunsky Alexei
Kaliningrad, historical districts, city districts, division of a city
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
Change: Historical Stories of Political Development, Boston.
3. Bourdieu, P. 1986, The forms of capital. In: Richards, J. G. (ed.), Handbook of Theory and Research for the Sociology of Education, N. Y.
4. Best,, H., Becker, U. (eds.). 1997, Elites in Transition. Elite Research in Central and Eastern Europe. Opladen.
5. Gaydis, V. 1999, The Emergence of the Lithuanian Political Elite. In: Shlapentokh, V., Vanderpool, K., Dobrokhotov, B. (ed.), The new elite in the post-communist Eastern Europe, Texas ...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... and the rate of change, the grain yield and its dynamics. Database analysis from 1848—52 until 2015—18 allowed to identify the stages of the agricultural land management dynamics. The stages of expansion and contraction, intensification and transition to extensive agricultural production are caused by combined influence of natural, socio-economic and political factors. The periods of decline in agricultural land use coincided with years of economic and political crises. The onset of periods ...
Acute syndrome of reunification: “Nox” by Thomas Hettche
The article considers the allegorical image of the fall of the Berlinwall in the novel «Nox» by German writer T. Hettche. The authorreveals «painful points» of the epoch-making historical event at the moment of the heroes' transition from life to death and vice versa. The article analyses a whole variety of developed multilevel metaphors illustrating the painful process of German-German reunification.
Концепт «границы» ...
On the formation of speech and communication values in students of technical universities
This article focuses on the importance of developing speech and communicative skills in students of technical universities in view of the requirements of the Russian higher education system after the transition to the 3rd generation federal state education standards. A comparison of 2010—2013 survey of junior and senior students of Kaliningrad State Technical University helps come to a conclusion that the goal of teaching is to develop conscious ...
Mathematical model of under control system describing by homogeneous Markov process
Complex systems are investigated by partitioning of set of conditions into subsets of under control and not under control conditions. Probabilities of the events connected with stay of casual process in these sets, and probabilities of transition from one subset to another are considered.
Ширяев А. Н.
Вероятность: в 2 кн. 3-е изд. М., 2004.
Даниленко Е. Л., Воротникова О. В.
Оценка переходных вероятностей ...
Hysteresis loops for a bulk ferromagnetic by Heisenberg model
... permutations group theory, the division paramagnetic/ferromagnetic is studied. The magnetization curves are built for a given set of parameters, such as exchange integral, number of closest neighbours and temperature. In a special range of the parameters a transition from unique solution of the resulting Heisenberg equation to multi-valued is observed. For this case exemplary hysteresis loops are built. The expression for Curie temperature allows to evaluate the exchange integral and proceed into ...
On problems of conversion functional enterprise management to process one
The problems that arise during the transition from functional to processmanagement company, their solutions, an algorithm for the development of business processes.
1. Репин В. В. Бизнес-процессы компании: построение, анализ, регламентация....
The cluster modelling of complex forecasting of economic and marketing processes
This article suggests forecasting socioeconomic and marketing processes in the Russian market conditions of a transitional period with the help of cluster modelling, which would significantly increase the objectivity of assessing the identified processes and the impact of research.
1. Воробьев Д. Н. Регулирование асимметрии социально-экономического ...
The system-building role of the thing-in-itself in Kant's philosophy
All three meanings of the notion "thing-initself" (object, subject and the transition between them), despite the evident opposition, constitutes the object of the central problem of philosophy in Kant's system. Kant is an innovator in both posing and answering the question. This answer is agnostic but not in the empirical or ...
The influence of implantation on the bright-ness of nitrogen-vacancy centers
... This change leads to an increase in the spin-lattice relaxation rate and to a change in the ODMR spectrum. The LAC can occur during implantation and thus influence the observed yield of NV- centers of a certain type. We assume that during cascade transitions between the states of some NV- centers obtained by implantation, an intense 13C NMR signal can be observed. It is important to note that optical pumping of such NV- centers can be carried out in an arbitrary magnetic field.