Network Modelling of Transboundary Cooperation between Russian and Belarusian Regional Enterprises: the case of the Kaliningrad and Grodno Regions
This article examines the development of a new process within Russian-Belarusian-Kazakh integration — interregional transborder cooperation. Network modelling is suggested as a mechanism for its regulation. The authors present a network model of transborder cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus based on the case of the Kaliningrad and Grodno regions....
Crossborder and trans-border cooperation of medium-sized cities of Kaliningrad region in Baltic Sea Region
The forms of crossborder and transborder cooperation of mediumsized cities of Kaliningrad region in Baltic Sea Region are described. The
description of wto European Union’s instruments for international cooperation in Baltic Sea Region is presented. The short analysis of participation of ...
The resource potential of transborder cooperation between the Kaliningrad and Grodno regions
... Межрегиональное приграничное сотрудничество — приоритетный фактор союзной интеграции Беларуси и России. Минск, 2008.
Sergiyevich N. F.
integration, transborder cooperation, interregional cooperation, economic regulation, model
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... Policy in the Baltic Sea Region. Russian-Europe Centre for Economic Policy, Policy Paper, available at: http://www.etela-suomi.fi/english/pdf/kivikari (accessed 15 March 2008).
innovations, innovative capacity, network international cooperation, transborder innovative cluster, Baltic Sea region, Northwestern Federal District
Intensification of Russian role in trans-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
... fast in the Baltic Sea macroregion. Intensification of Russian regions’ participation in such cooperation as well as formation of trans-border socio-economic systems may shift their development to the innovative type.
Oding N. Yu., Fedorov G. M.
transborder cooperation, Baltic Sea macroregion, innovative
development, cooperation, euroregions, integration, recipient, pan-European economic space.
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... available at: http://rus. kohtla-jarve. ee/ uploads/ documents/valissuhted/projektid/2/cd/en/final.pdf (accessed 12 September 2012).
7. Project newsletter “EstRuCluster Development. Cluster development and B2B internationalization in Estonian-Russian transborder regions”, 2009, no. 2, available at: http://rus. kohtla-jarve. ee/uploads/documents/valissuhted/projektid/2/Infoletters/Rus2.pdf (accessed 12 September 2012).
8. Rossijsko-finskoe sotrudnichestvo [The Finnish-Russian cooperation], Fontanka. FI — peterburgskij portal o Finljandii [Fontanka. FI — St. Petersburg portal of Finland], available at: http://fontanka. fi. dev. parohod. biz/rubrics/pages/35 (accessed 31 August 2012).
9. Samulenkova, A., Kozhevnikov, Д....
Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region
... demonstrates close investment ties among the EU members, which are of special importance for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Transborder corporate integration in the region is characterized by significant imbalances. In many aspects, it can be viewed ... ... Rossija: ot prjamyh kapitalovlozhenij k investicionnomu sotrudnichestvu [The EU and Russia: From direct investment to investment cooperation], Moscow, Nauka.
4. Kokorina, E. V. 2011, Ekonomicheskie krizisy v stranah Baltii i Pol'she: investicionnaja politika ...
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
In the conditions of globalization, Russian border regions can form transborder regions through cooperation with the neighbouring territories of other states. The optimisation of spatial organisation of economy, social sphere, and nature management using the tools of spatial planning is fully justified in the case of transborder regions as well ...
The traditions of Russian and European perception of the state frontier in the conditions of transborder regional cooperation
The article focuses on the state frontier in European and Russian political cultures as a major instrument for developing trans-border regional cooperation. The term ‘state frontier’ is defined through a prism of regional integration processes. The authors examine the role of trans-border relations between Russia and the European Union in promoting mutually beneficial strategic cooperation ...
The role of the Kaliningrad region in the development of Russian-German relations
... research foundations. This publication is based on the authors' presentation at the round table discussion on the cooperation between Russian and German partner regions held on September 23, 2011 in the framework of the 8th International Conference on Transborder Cooperation: the Russian Federation, the European Union, and Norway (September 22—23, 2011, Kaliningrad). The article considers topical issues of Russian-German economic and cultural relations in the Kaliningrad region, which facilitate the development ...
Twin cities: a new form of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region?
... their cooperation.
1. Goroda-sputniki [Satellite towns], 1961, Moscow.
2. Davidov, D. M., Chekalina, T. N. 2009, Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region, Balt. Region, no. 2 (2), p. 57—64. doi: 10.5922/2079—8555—2009—2—6.... ... O. 1960, Prigorodnaja zona bol'shogo goroda [Suburban area of the city], Moscow.
10. Fedorov, G. M., Korneevets, V. S. 2010, Transborder regionalisation in the conditions of globalization, Balt. Region, no. 4 (6), p. 103—115. doi: 10.5922/2079—8555—2010—4—10....
The role of transborder cooperation in the increase of innovative potential of the Baltic region
The article aims at analyzing the role of cross-border cooperation in the development of innovation potential of the Baltic Sea Region. The author analyzes the projects in the framework of the Neighborhood Programs implemented in 2000—2006 and related to the development of innovation potential in the Baltic ...
Maritime transport as a system-building element of the Baltic transnational transport region
The object of research presented in the article is maritime transport as a system building type of the Baltic transborder transport region identified within the Baltic region. The author describes maritime transport as a key element of the transnational transport region ensuring the activation and development of new forms of international cooperation in the Baltic area.
1. Йонниеми П. Стратегия ЕС для региона Балтийского моря: чего мы достигли? // Балтийский регион. 2010. Вып. 2(4). С. 44—47.
2. Стратегическое ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... international tourism in Lithuania in the context of the Baltic States. We also carry out the comparison of regional competitive factors and trace the patterns for further development of international tourism in Lithuania in the framework of cross-border and transborder cooperation.
1. Agenda 21: Baltic Sea Region Tourism. Baltic 21 Tourism Group, 1998, Baltic 21 Series no. 7/98, Agenda 21 for the Baltic Sea Region Baltic 21 Tourism Group, USA, Stockholm Environment Institute-Boston Center, 74 p.
2. Bengtsson, R. 2009,...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... contribute to the innovativeness of economy, its export orientation, development through an increase in labour productivity, and cooperation with both Russian and international partners. It will reduce the dependence of production on imported raw materials ... ..., no. 45, Fevrier, p. 97—110.
20. Fedorov, G., Korneyevets, V., Zverev, Yu. 2011, Кaliningrad oblast of Russia
in the transborder region South-Eastern Baltic, Coastal Regions, no. 19, 68 p.
Gimbitsky K. K., Kuznetsova A. L., Fedorov G. M.
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... the Baltic region, Baltic Region, no. 1, p. 31-40. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-1-5.
33. Zverev, Yu. M. 2013, Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it, Baltic Region, no. 2 (16), p. 66-77. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-2-7.... ....lt/ru/article/vesti/skoryj-poezd-rail-baltic-v-kaunase-sbavit-svojhod-504-380818?cf=vl (accessed 29.10.2013).
41. Kuznetsov, A. V. 2012, Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region, Baltic Region, no. 1 (11), p. 11—18. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-2....
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
... cluster studies, which makes it possible to consider such relatively new to the regional science phenomena as innovative and “transborder” clusters.
1. Gareev, T. R. 2007, «Voshodjawie» modeli regional'nogo razvitija, lokal'nye proizvodstvennye sistemy ... .... Steiner, M., Hartmann, C. 2006, Organizational learning in clusters: A case study on material and immaterial dimensions of cooperation, Regional Studies, Vol. 40, p. 493―506.
42. Sweeney, S., Feser, E. 1998, Plant size and clustering of manufacturing ...