Territorial community local spaces
The article explores the intersection of the concepts of spatial networking and territorial community. The author offers a typology of various forms of spatial networking and describes the main characteristic features of each type. It is substantiated that any form of spatial networking is based on territorial сommunity. The article ...
Territorial Framework for Local Community Organization
... communities and the area where community members reside and go through everyday routines. Processes characteristic of local communities include territory socialization, residents’ self-identification, selfregulation, and taking over administrative ... ... Cultural Geography of the United States. N. Y., 1992.
Sharygin M. D., Osorgin K. S. A
local community, vernacular region, territorial organization of society, socialization of territory, owners' association
The boundaries of the territorial community
... spatial networking inherent of various forms of interactions within the territorial socio-economic system of a region. The author offers a classification of spatial networks, identifies and describes types of spatial boundaries of different types of territorial communities: geographic, organizational, cognitive, cultural, institutional, social and technological. The complex of factors and conditions that influence the dynamics of the boundaries of spatial networking are defined.
1. Анимица Е. Г.,...
The transnational territorial transport system of the Baltic Region
... January 2009).
7. European Commission Panorama of Transport, 2009, Luxembourg, Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, 185 pp.
8. Towards an integrated Baltic Sea Region: Cities and Regions as drivers for spatial development and integration,... ....org/east-west-window/documents/WG1_report_final_version_part2_appendix. pdf (accessed 6 Oktober 2011).
Gumenyuk Ivan, Melnik Dmitry
Baltic Sea area; regional, transnational and international territorial transport system
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... Planning systems in the Baltic Sea Region countries. Warsaw, Gdansk, 2009.
Doctrine of the Russian Federation to the year 2020. Approved by the President of the Russian Federation on 27 July 2001.
Long Term Perspective for the Territorial Development of the Baltic Sea Region. Background Synthesis Document, Riga/Vilnius
of the European Communities: Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions
concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region.
COM(2009) 248 final. Brussels,...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... geografii [Scientific principles of geography], Part 1, Moscow, p. 79—86. (in Russ.)
13. Vazhenin, S. G., Vazhenina, I. S. 2016, Konkurentsiya, sotrudnichestvo i doverie territorii v ekonomicheskom prostranstve [Competition, cooperation and trust of territories in the economic space], Ekaterinburg, 69 p. (in Russ.)
14. Vazhenina, I. S. 2013, Imidzh, reputatsiya i brend territorii [Image, reputation and brand territory], Ekaterinburg, 378 p. (in Russ.)
15. Vladimirsky, I. 2016, All car factories on ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
This article addresses the issues pertaining to the adoption and development of legislation on irregular migration in the context of uncontrolled growth in the number of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East to the EU. The article attempts at studying the EU legislation on irregular migration, classifying it, and analysing the prospects of EU migration legislation in the light of an increase in irregular immigration into the EU. The author systematises, classifies the current EU legislation...
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
... caused by a combination of political, social, and economic factors. The ensuing social disunity and violation of the country’s territorial integrity take the problem to a regional and international level. Through analysing public speeches of Danish social ... ... the social conflict calls for the Danish authorities to take decisive action against the enclavisation of segregated immigrant communities. This study employs discourse analysis to evaluate the efficiency and identify the shortcomings of government action ...
Cross-border Tourism in the Russian Northwest: General Trends and Features of Development
... becomes a relevant research objective. The author identifies the specific features and general trends in the development of cross-border tourism in the Russian regions in question. It is proven that Russian border regions are less competitive than the territories of neighbouring states in terms of the development of crossborder tourism. The author also points out to the avenues of stimulating cross-border tourism development in Russian border regions.
1. Артоболевский С. Приграничные ...
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
... regionologicheskii zhurnal, no. 10, p. 177—183. (In Russ.)
7. Balabeykina, O. A. 2014, Traditional Christian confessions of Finland territorial aspect, Izvestiya Russkogo geograficheskogo obstchestva, Vol. 146, no. 5, p. 56—62. (In Russ.)
8. Balabeykina O.... ... Present, Balt. Reg., Vol. 7, no. 4, p. 113—121. DOI 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-9.
9. Eydemiller, K. Yu. 2015, The role of Muslim communities in transformation of social, cultural and political space of the countries of Northern Europe, Doctorate thesis in ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... Partnership and Cooperation Agreement establishing a partnership between the Russian Federation, on the one hand, and the European Communities and their Member States — members of the other party (the Federal Law of 25.11.1996 N 135-FZ)], legal-reference ... ... "ConsultantPlus".
22. Fedorov, G. M., Voloshenko, Ye. V., Mikhailova, A. A., Osmolovskaya, L. G., Fedorov, D. G. 2012, Territorial'nye razlichija innovacionnogo razvitija Shvecii, Finljandii i Severo-Zapadnogo federal'nogo okruga RF [Territorial ...
The Swedish model of spatial planning: Functions, problems, and solutions
In this study clarification and definition are provided for the bodies responsible for making administrative decisions for territorial development. The regulatory framework of spatial planning is also embodied. The main instruments of spatial planning are shown as different types of plans: Regional plan, Municipal comprehensive plan, Detailed development plan, Special area ...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
This article addresses the issue of visa liberalisation between Russia and the European Union, which constitutes a key aspect of the parties’ diplomatic cooperation. This work sets out to identify the main results of Russia/EU cooperation. The authors have conducted a brief historical analysis of this area of relations. The visa “regionalisation” is considered in the context of identifying the key actors of the EU — Russia negotiations: the Kaliningrad region, Germany, Poland, and Lithuania. In their...
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... the border regions of Russia and the EU countries. A number of projects have been implemented under the supervision and with the participation of the author. The article focuses on the role of innovative types of tourism in the regional development of territories in the case of the Kaliningrad region. The current approaches to defining tourism innovations in Russian and international studies are not comprehensive and do not reflect the essence of innovative processes. Innovative development is often ...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
... development indices; however, the NWFD shows an increase in such indices in catches up in terms of individual indices (mobile communication density and Internet access availability). The authors offer sketch maps showing similarities in the character of territorial differentiation of innovative processes in the NEFD, Sweden, and Finland (which corresponds to the centreperiphery model).
1. Kapital strany [Capital of the country], available at: http://kapital-rus.ru/articles/article/180465 (accessed 24 ...
Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region
16. Zdanowicz, M. 2009, Polska w Shengen, Białystok, p. 9.
17. Evropejskaja ramochnaja konvencija o prigranichnom sotrudnichestve territorial'nyh soobshhestv i vlastej [European Outline Convention on Transfrontier with the cooperation of the territorial communities and authorities], 1980, Madrid, May 21, available at: http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/rus/Treaties/Html/106.htm (accessed 08 July 2013 г.).
18. Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo [Cross-border cooperation], Ministry of Regional Development ...
The EU Vs. Russia: Legal Nature and Implementation of the Union’s Restrictive Measures
... http://europeansanctions.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/eu-guidelines-on-sanctions-2012.pdf (accessed 23.09.2014).
3. Council Decision 2014/145/CFSP of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, 2014, OJ ,L 78, 17.03.2014, p. 16—21.
4. Council Regulation (EU) No 269/2014 of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions undermining or threatening the territorial ...
On the toponymic purism in North-East Prussia in the first half of the 20th century
This article analyses the large-scale renaming campaign held by the German leadership in the late 1930s in order to Germanise the Prussian territories of the state. It is concluded that the puristic activities of German National Socialists widely discussed in the modern scientific community were inconsistent.
1. Басовская Е. Н. Советский лингвистический ...
The experience of the application of regional approach to the governance of the Caucasian region of the Russian Empire in the beginning of the 19th century
The management of Kavkaz was the interaction of administration and local community of region in XVIII century. The author characterizes Kavkaz as being original in regards to the ethnic attitude towards the state’s territory, to the degree of the center keeping the properties of the governmental-regional and local legal systems separate. Particular emphasis is given to the legislative consolidation of changes in these phenomena.
(далее — ПЗС-
). Т. 22, №
Transboundary spatial planning in the Baltic Sea Region
Long Term Perspective for the spatial development of the BSR — Proposal for character, structure and overall objective/ Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications. URL: http://www.vasab.org.
European Territorial Research Community ESPON. Linking Territorial Research and Practice: An agenda for the future.
Project 1.1.1. Urban areas as nodes in a polycentric development. URL:
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
With its exclave status, the Kaliningrad region has been drawing attention of many researchers in different fields. Yet the prospects for cooperation between the region and neighbouring communities in Poland and Lithuania, which once constituted an integrated social, economic and political space, remain unclear. Media analysts and scholars alike tend to view the Kaliningrad region as “double periphery”, since it is excluded from ...
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
.... Karpov, G. A. 2014, Velikobritaniya: demografiya protiv migrantov i mul'tikul'turalizma [UK: population against migrants and multiculturalism], Sovremennaya Evropa, [Modern Europe], no. 2, p. 106—120.
6. Kuznetsova, T. Yu., Fedorov, G. M. 2011, Territorial'naya differenciaciya demograficheskogo razvitiya Baltijskogo makroregiona [Territorial differentiation of demographic development in the Baltic macro-region], Vestnik Baltijskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant ...
The mandatory classification of hotels and other types of accommodation as a business process: the case of the Kaliningrad region
This article deals with the mechanism of mandatory classification of hotels and other accommodation units on the territory of the Kaliningrad region. This requirement is considered as a business process. The article provides a detailed analysis of the input and output of the business process and its six main stages. The authors address the key problems faced by Kaliningrad hoteliers when undergoing the classification procedures. The causes of typical problems and the ways to solve them are examined...
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
... the northwestern border regions are the current and historical state borders and border facilities. Successful international experience of creating and developing tourist attractions and destinations using the unique geographical position of sites and territories may help to unlock the potential of Russia’s north-western border regions. This article interprets the tourism resource of borders — which often remains overlooked and unfulfilled — as an opportunity for tourism and recreation development ...
Environmental awareness of urban and rural residents
... predetermined by social conflicts related to the construction of a potassium-magnesium production facility in the village of Nivenskoye. The study revealed a number of characteristic features typical of the environmental consciousness of the two territorial communities. The analysis showed that villagers are more trustful of all sources of information related to environmental issues. They are more willing to spend money on environmental protection. Villagers are more inclined to blame business ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
... и «общеевропейский дом» // МЭМО.1990. № 6.
8. Devetak R., Higgot R. Justice Unbound? Globalization, States and the Transformation of the Social Bond // Intern. Affairs. 1999. Vol. 75, № 31. P. 483—484.
9. Border and Territorial Disputes / Ed. by J. Allcock, C. Arnold, A. J. Day.London, 1992.10. Camilleri J. Rethinking Sovereignty // Contending Sovereignties. Redefining Political Community. Edited by R. B. J. Walker and Saul H. Mendlevits. Lynne Rienner Publishers....
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... and processed. The work follows the network analysis paradigm and identifies the dynamics of the key network parameters: distance, density, transitivity, and compactness. The author analyses the dynamics of representation in the structure of political territorial diaspora elites, business community members, and ‘moral politicians’. The article identifies two periods of formation of political party networks in Poland: the first period (1993—2007) saw a transition from rather weakly integrated ...
Paul Natorp’s social pedagogic theory and it’s relevance to modern russian education
The paper discusses Paul Natorp’s social pedagogy theory from the point of its relevance to the modern educational discussions. Natorp sees practical task of his pedagogic theory in negation of German society’s crisis tendencies. The theoretical context of social pedagogy was defined by several key factors. The first one is Natorp’s dependency on legacy of Plato, J. Pestalozzi and I. Kant, while second deals with his critic of fundamental grounds of dominant contemporary pedagogical system. The major...
The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
... the one hand, it has widened its scope. On the other hand, it has suffered from a growing contradiction between the popularization of the social geographic knowledge, the need to have a clear understanding of the factors and results of a multi-scale territorial social and economic dynamics, and the limits of the field (with its organizational structure, possibilities and practitioners desperately falling behind the times). The aim of this article is to analyze the post-soviet period of the development ...
Сultural landscapes and socio-economic conditioning of modern landscape development
... Planning D: Society and Space. 1988. Vol. 6, № 2. Р. 117—126.
40. Keough S. B. Cultural Landscape. URL:
(дата обращения: 05.03.2017).
41. Meinig D. W. Symbolic landscapes: some idealizations of American communities // The interpretation of ordinary landscapes: geographical essays. N. Y., 1979. Р. 164—192.
42. UNESCO. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.03.2017).
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
... regions of NUTS-1, -2, -3 levels in 1995 -2009/2010 help demonstrate the efficiency of these efforts.
1. Regulation (EC) No 1059/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 May 2003, on the establishment of a common classification of territorial units for statistics (NUTS), available at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/nomenclatures/index. cfm? (accessed 25 February 2013).
2. Zverev, D. V., Kolomak, Ye. А. 2010, Subfederal'naja fiskal'naja politika v Rossii: mezhregional'nye ...
Development of Aland Islands: major trends and challenges
This article considers key conditions and factors of the development of Aland Islands, describes main international legal regulations determining current status of the islands, identifies the trends in volume and structure of economic activities, ana lyzes processes of population change by regions and communes, as well as migration flows. The article also characterizes legal framework for socioeconomic development of the Finnish region. It is argued that the key factor behind modern welfare of the...
Discursive practices of the Russian diaspora in Estonia: language contacts
... LinguaRussica. Works on Russian and Slavic philology. Linguistics. XII. Active processes in the Russian language of the metropolis and the diaspora]. Tartu, pp. 11-28 (in Russ.).
Palikova, O.N., 2013. Informal geographical lexicon as a linguistic sign of the territorial community of people (On the material of urban slang and island dialect). In: Acta Slavica Estonica. III. Slavica Tartuensia X. Slavistika v Estonii i za ee predelami [Acta Slavica Estonica. III. Slavica Tartuensia X. Slavic Studies in Estonia ...
Shore ground monitoring methodology
... deutschen Dünnenbaues. Berlin, 1900.
15. Bobykina V., Karmanov K., Chubarenko B. Morphodynamics of the shores of the Vistula Spit (the Baltic sea) in a period of 2002—2015 by results of in-situ measurements // Managing risks to coastal regions and communities in a changing world : Proc. Intern. сonf. EMECS'11-SeaCoasts XXVI (Saint-Petersburg, 22—27 August, 2016). Saint-Petersburg, 2016. doi: 10.21610/conferencearticle_58b4315ec153d.
16. Bobykina V. P., Stont Zh. I. Winter Storm Activity in 2011—2012 ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... (accessed 23.01.2017). (In Russ.)
6. Kretinin, G., Mironyuk, D.2014, Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 4. С. 27—41. DOI: 10.5922/2074-2079-8555-4-2.
7. Kuzmin, V. М. 1991, Uchastie ... ....ru/news/polit/361416.html
(accessed 19.01.2017). (In Russ.)
18. Coherence with the policies and objectives of the European Communities, Lithuania-Poland-Russia ENPI Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007—2013, available at:
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... Predsedatelju Komissii Evropejskih soob-shhestv i glavam gosudarstv-chlenov Evrosojuza [The press service of the President of the Russian Federation of 27.08.2002, the letters of the Russian President Vladimir Putin President of the Commission of the European Communities and the heads of the EU member states], 2002, available at: http://www.academygo.ru/Site/RussiaEC/News/ Putin.shtml (accessed 10 March 2013).
8. 2450th Council session, General Affairs and External Relations, 2002, Brussels, 30 September,...