Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
... determine the number of abandoned villages (with 0 residents) and vanishing ones (with a population < 5), as compared to territories with no conservation regime. The article examines migration as one of the determinants of depopulation. Analysis of ... ... Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 184. doi:10.1007/s10661-011-2004-z.
6. Brown, D. L., Schafft, K. A. 2011, Rural People and Communities in the 21st Century: Resilience and Transformation, Cambridge, Polity, 224 p. doi:
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... Planning systems in the Baltic Sea Region countries. Warsaw, Gdansk, 2009.
Doctrine of the Russian Federation to the year 2020. Approved by the President of the Russian Federation on 27 July 2001.
Long Term Perspective for the Territorial Development of the Baltic Sea Region. Background Synthesis Document, Riga/Vilnius
of the European Communities: Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions
concerning the European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region.
COM(2009) 248 final. Brussels,...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... spatial networking inherent of various forms of interactions within the territorial socio-economic system of a region. The author offers a classification of spatial networks, identifies and describes types of spatial boundaries of different types of territorial communities: geographic, organizational, cognitive, cultural, institutional, social and technological. The complex of factors and conditions that influence the dynamics of the boundaries of spatial networking are defined.
1. Анимица Е. Г.,...
The transnational territorial transport system of the Baltic Region
... January 2009).
7. European Commission Panorama of Transport, 2009, Luxembourg, Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, 185 pp.
8. Towards an integrated Baltic Sea Region: Cities and Regions as drivers for spatial development and integration,... ....org/east-west-window/documents/WG1_report_final_version_part2_appendix. pdf (accessed 6 Oktober 2011).
Gumenyuk Ivan, Melnik Dmitry
Baltic Sea area; regional, transnational and international territorial transport system
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
... regionologicheskii zhurnal, no. 10, p. 177—183. (In Russ.)
7. Balabeykina, O. A. 2014, Traditional Christian confessions of Finland territorial aspect, Izvestiya Russkogo geograficheskogo obstchestva, Vol. 146, no. 5, p. 56—62. (In Russ.)
8. Balabeykina O.... ... Present, Balt. Reg., Vol. 7, no. 4, p. 113—121. DOI 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-9.
9. Eydemiller, K. Yu. 2015, The role of Muslim communities in transformation of social, cultural and political space of the countries of Northern Europe, Doctorate thesis in ...
Territorial Framework for Local Community Organization
... communities and the area where community members reside and go through everyday routines. Processes characteristic of local communities include territory socialization, residents’ self-identification, selfregulation, and taking over administrative ... ... Cultural Geography of the United States. N. Y., 1992.
Sharygin M. D., Osorgin K. S. A
local community, vernacular region, territorial organization of society, socialization of territory, owners' association
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
... caused by a combination of political, social, and economic factors. The ensuing social disunity and violation of the country’s territorial integrity take the problem to a regional and international level. Through analysing public speeches of Danish social ... ... the social conflict calls for the Danish authorities to take decisive action against the enclavisation of segregated immigrant communities. This study employs discourse analysis to evaluate the efficiency and identify the shortcomings of government action ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... Agrawal, A., Cockburn, L., Rosell, C. 2010, Not invited here? Innovation in company towns, Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 67, no. 1. p. 78—89.
32. Barnes, T. J., Hayter, R. 1994, Economic Restructuring, Local Development and Resource Towns: Forest Communities in Coastal British Columbia, The Canadian Journal of Regional Science, Vol.17. no. 3, p. 289—310.
33. Mawhiney, A.-M., Pitblado, J., 1999, Boom town blues — Elliot Lake: Collapse and revival in a single-industry community, Dundurn press,...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
With its exclave status, the Kaliningrad region has been drawing attention of many researchers in different fields. Yet the prospects for cooperation between the region and neighbouring communities in Poland and Lithuania, which once constituted an integrated social, economic and political space, remain unclear. Media analysts and scholars alike tend to view the Kaliningrad region as “double periphery”, since it is excluded from ...
Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region
16. Zdanowicz, M. 2009, Polska w Shengen, Białystok, p. 9.
17. Evropejskaja ramochnaja konvencija o prigranichnom sotrudnichestve territorial'nyh soobshhestv i vlastej [European Outline Convention on Transfrontier with the cooperation of the territorial communities and authorities], 1980, Madrid, May 21, available at: http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/rus/Treaties/Html/106.htm (accessed 08 July 2013 г.).
18. Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo [Cross-border cooperation], Ministry of Regional Development ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... Partnership and Cooperation Agreement establishing a partnership between the Russian Federation, on the one hand, and the European Communities and their Member States — members of the other party (the Federal Law of 25.11.1996 N 135-FZ)], legal-reference ... ... "ConsultantPlus".
22. Fedorov, G. M., Voloshenko, Ye. V., Mikhailova, A. A., Osmolovskaya, L. G., Fedorov, D. G. 2012, Territorial'nye razlichija innovacionnogo razvitija Shvecii, Finljandii i Severo-Zapadnogo federal'nogo okruga RF [Territorial ...
The spatial structure of Baltic Sea ferry services
5. Laird, J. J. 2012, Valuing the quality of strategic ferry services to remote communities, Research in Transportation Business and Management, no. 10., p. 97—13.
6. Tørset, T. 2019, Waiting time for ferry ... ..., p. 71—81. doi:
16. Gumenyuk, I. S., Melnik, D. А. 2012, The transnational territorial transport system of the Baltic Region, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 66—71. doi:
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... Processes of Reinterpretation of Mining Heritage: the Case of Bergslagen, Sweden, ALMATOUIRSM Journal of Tourism, Culture and Territorial Development, no. 7, p. 107—123. doi: 10.6092/issn.2036-5195/6758.
6. Lundmark, L. J. T., Fredman, P., Sandell, K.... ....1016/j.jort.2014.03.003.
10. Lindström, K. N., Larson, M. 2016, Community-based tourism in practice: evidence from three coastal communities in Bohuslän, Sweden, Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, no. 33, p. 71–78. doi: 10.1515/bog-2016-0025....
Environmental awareness of urban and rural residents
... predetermined by social conflicts related to the construction of a potassium-magnesium production facility in the village of Nivenskoye. The study revealed a number of characteristic features typical of the environmental consciousness of the two territorial communities. The analysis showed that villagers are more trustful of all sources of information related to environmental issues. They are more willing to spend money on environmental protection. Villagers are more inclined to blame business ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... (accessed 23.01.2017). (In Russ.)
6. Kretinin, G., Mironyuk, D.2014, Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 4. С. 27—41. DOI: 10.5922/2074-2079-8555-4-2.
7. Kuzmin, V. М. 1991, Uchastie ... ....ru/news/polit/361416.html
(accessed 19.01.2017). (In Russ.)
18. Coherence with the policies and objectives of the European Communities, Lithuania-Poland-Russia ENPI Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007—2013, available at:
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... Lithuania, available at: www.ageconsearch. umn (accessed 09.12.2013).
21. Social and environmental conditions in rural areas. reper to…, 2004, available at: sei. se. relu (accessed 09.12.2013).
22. Social isolation experienced by older people in rural communities, 2012,
available at: www.defra.gov.uk (accessed 09.12.2013).
23. Spelleoberg, A., Huschka, D., Habich, R. 2006, Quality of life…. 2006, available at: soc.duke.edu/resources/sinet.papers06,Spellerberg.pdf (accessed 09.12.2013).
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... Predsedatelju Komissii Evropejskih soob-shhestv i glavam gosudarstv-chlenov Evrosojuza [The press service of the President of the Russian Federation of 27.08.2002, the letters of the Russian President Vladimir Putin President of the Commission of the European Communities and the heads of the EU member states], 2002, available at: http://www.academygo.ru/Site/RussiaEC/News/ Putin.shtml (accessed 10 March 2013).
8. 2450th Council session, General Affairs and External Relations, 2002, Brussels, 30 September,...