Does corruption influence the sustainability of economic growth?
... and organizations can join in sharing resources for creating a sustainable future. Anticorruption strategies are related to the reform of state institutions. One advantage of the fundamental economic reform approach is that by linking anticorruption strategies to the reform of economic policies and institutions, the struggle against corruption can be seen as one of the issues in economic policy. Finally, all development assistance should be implemented with the aim of achieving sustainable benefits.
1. Acemoglu, D. J. 2001, The Colocial Origins of Comparative Development, The American Economic Review, Vol. 91 (5), p. 1369—1401.
2. Anderberg, D. 2003, Insiders, Outsiders, and the Underground Economy.
ESifo, Working Paper ...
Innovative factors and conditions of sustainable development of rural territories
This article considers the main features of sustainable development of rural territories, identifies the factors of innovative entrepreneurship, and assesses their influence on the condition of rural economy. Special attention is paid to the analysis of concepts, programmes, and projects in the field of rural ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
The processes related to the development of international tourism in Lithuania are of importance for the growth of economic, social, and cultural welfare. ... ... Million Nights Spent on Campsites in 2008, Eurostat Statistics in Focus, European Comission, 8 p.
7. Grundey, D. 2008, Managing Sustainable Tourism in Lithuania: Dream or Reality?, Baltic Journal of Sustainability, Vol. 14, no. 2, p. 118—129.
8. Hall, ...
The Baltics on Their Way towards a Circular Economy
... to the implementation of circular economy technologies.
1. Avramenko, A. A., Gorbachev-Fadeev, M. A. 2015, Cyclic economy, Sustainable development and the “green” economy [Ustoichivoe razvitie i «zelenaya» ekonomika], no. 71, p. 23—34. (In Russ.)
2. Mashukova,... ... Russ.)
3. Allwood, J. M. 2014, Squaring the Circular Economy: The Role of Recycling Within a Hierarchy of Material Management Strategies, Waltham.
4. Arthur, W. B. 2011, The Second Economy, McKinsey Quarterly, October, McKinsey & Company, available at: ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
... analyzes the principles of spatial planning, which form the basis for this type of urban development in the countries of the European Union (EU) and in the Russian Federation... ... developing energy resources while maintaining safety; 9) encouragement of highquality, sustainable tourism. An efficiency analysis of these principles showed that the level... ... in March 1994, Paris, 1974.
17. Schuller, N. (ed.), 2009, Urban reports — Urban strategies and visions in mid-sized cities in a local and global context, Zurich.
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... [Sociological studies], no. 2, p. 25—32.
5. Gershanok, G. А. 2006, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja i jekologicheskaja emkost' territorii pri ocenke ustojchivosti ee razvitija [Socio-economic and ecological capacity of the territory in the assessment of the sustainability of its development], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy], no. 4, p. 166—180.
6. Gosudarstvennyj doklad Minprirody Rossii "O sostojanii i ob ohrane okruzhajushhej sredy Rossijskoj Federacii v 2011 godu" [State report Ministry of Russia "On ...
Geoecological indicators for sustainable regional development
This article discusses the issue of sustainable development of Russian territories. Using the domain-indicator approach to the Kaliningrad region, the author developed a set of geo-ecological indicators focusing on the improvement of ecological situation in the region.
1. Бобылев С. Н. Индикаторы ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... Publications, Vol. 44, no 4, p. 1—4.
14. Interim report on the implementation of the study «The Baltic Sea Region in the focus of development strategies of the European Union and the Russian Federation », 2012, Center for Cross-Border and Interregional Cooperation of ... ....ru/en/jour/meimo/index.php?page_id=685&id=1247&jid=49&jj=49
17. Council of the Baltic Sea States Strategy on Sustainable Development 2010—2015, 2011, The International Permanent Secretariat of Council of the the Baltic Sea States, available ...
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg has a special mission in delivering national development priorities, ensuring sustainable economic growth, and commercializing R&D. This necessitates research on the situation in the corporate sector, including ... ... to invest. The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies to employ investment tools in delivering development strategies, which determine to a large extent the competitiveness of the city’s economy. This article presents a study into ...
Urban Development Programme of the Kaliningrad Region
The development of the architectural and urban planning policy in the Kaliningrad region requires the elaboration of a long-term strategy based on the principles of sustainable development. This strategy aims at creating a favourable living environment and achieving a balance of economic, social and environmental interests.
Градостроительный кодекс РФ от 29 декабря 2004 г. № ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... Leningrad Region amid the geo-economic uncertainty observed since 2014. The object of the study is the economic and technological sustainability of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region given geo-economic risks and growing challenges to economic security.... ... concept of the triad of regional economic competitiveness, regional economic security, and sustainable regional socio-economic development. I believe that this triad does not only demonstrate the logic of the current and prospective development of a Russian ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
... Butler J. E., Hansen G. S. Network evolution, entrepreneurial success, and regional development // Entrepreneurship and Regional Development. 1991. № 3 (1). P. 1—16.
17. Caramani D. Comparative Politics. Oxford University Press, 2017. P. 605.
18. Carayannis ... ... (3—4). P. 201—234.
19. Carayannis E. G., Rakhmatullin R. The Quadruple / Quintuple innovation helixes and smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe and beyond // J. of the Knowledge Economy. 2014. № 5 (2). P. 212—239.
20. Coenen ...
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... Bulletin. Episode 5: Geography], no. 4, p. 64—72 (in Russ.).
10. Pysz, J. K., Cargnin, A. P., Lemos, B., Rückert, A. 2020, The Assessment of the INTERREG VA Program: Support for the Polish-Slovak Cross-Border Projects.In: Cross-Border Cooperation (CBC) Strategies for Sustainable Development. doi: 10.4018/978-1-7998-2513-5.ch003.
11. Shorokhov, E. A., Gromov, V. V., Chervyakov, O. V., Shlyamin, V. A. Shorokhov E. A., Gromov V. V., Chervyakov O. V., Shlyamin V. A. 2001, Mezhdunarodnyi opyt razvitiya turizma v rossiiskoi chasti ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... the stability of regional economy. The study employs economic statistical methods and identifies factors affecting regional development. The author analyses the dependence of the manufacturing industry on customs and tax privileges under the law On the ... ... А., Gershanok, G. А. 2012, Ustojchivoe razvitie regiona: innovacii, jekonomicheskaja bezopasnost', konkurentosposobnost' [Sustainable development
of the region: innovation, economic security, competitiveness], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy],...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
Reinvigorating Russia’s development strategy requires a comparison between the social development of the Russian ... ......
. (accessed 29.03.2017). (in Russ.)
10. Blancard, S., Hoara,u J. F. 2013, A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: a reappraisal... ... Review, no. 35(23), p. 350—357.
13. Ephrenesis, D. 1994, Policy uses of HDI: Goals and strategies, SIDA Planeringssekretariatet.
14. Fujita, M., Krugman, P. 2004, The New...
Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... methodologically promising and there is a need for differentiated risk-communication strategies.
1. Smit, B., Hovelsrud, G., Wandel, J. 2008, CAVIAR: Community Adaptation... ... responsibility in climate change risk in Baltic Nordic countries, Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, vol. 7, no. 4, p. 675—684. doi:
https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi... ..., Hovelsrud, G., West, J., Swartling, A. G. 2011, Adaptive capacity determinants in developed states: examples from the Nordic countries and Russia, Regional Environmental...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... the globalisation of markets and the transition to the information society requires the management of modern organisations to develop new solutions and approaches to management. The development of network society suggests a transition to management in ... ... that of aligning stakeholders' interests in interfirm networking.
1. Alvarez G., Pilbeam C., Wilding R. Nestlé Nespresso AAA sustainable quality program: an investigation into the governance dynamics in a multi-stakeholder supply chain network // Supply ...
Environmental aspect of the current Arctic Strategy of Sweden
... did not try to update the environmental agenda in the Arctic. Sweden’s Arctic Strategy is aimed at maintaining a policy of sustainable and balanced development in the Arctic region. However, in reality, it requires great efforts and concrete measures not only from Sweden, but ... ....com/environment/2016/dec/21/cutting-soot-emissions-arctic-ice-melt-climate-c...
(дата обращения: 21.12.2016).
12. Heininen L. Arctic Strategies and Policies: Inventory and Comparative Study.Akureyri, 2012.
13. Joint Communication to the European Parliament and ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... independence of new members of the EU and, on the other hand, at taking into account the recent trends in the energy market development. The research shows that most of the initiatives do not take into account the perspective and interests of Russia,... ... available at:http://flm.su/?actions=main_content&id=828 (accessed 14 October 2011).
3. Green paper — A European Strategy for Sustainable, Competitive and Secure Energy, 2006, Europe's Energy Portal, available at: http://www.energy.eu/directives/2006_03_08_gp_document_en....
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
... in the action plans of Riga and Tallinn, two large Lithuanian municipal administrations, as well as to analyse the narrative developed in the two cities. The methodology of this research is based on the review of literature, the analysis of action plans,... ... s246-s254. doi:
5. Deslatte, A., Stokan, E. 2019, Hierarchies of need in sustainable development: A resource dependence approach for local governance, Urban Affairs Review, vol. 55, no. 4, p. 1125—1152....
Information resource for corporate reporting for the innovative attractiveness of business
... in its synthesized format clearly demonstrates the objective state of business and the possibility of implementing a business development strategy.
1. Абдуганиев Н. Н., Федоров М. В. Нефинансовая отчетность ... ... Инновационное развитие экономики. 2014. № 5 (22). С. 31—37.
Kirkach Yu. N., Sharovatova E. A.
corporate sustainability reporting, indicators, integrated reporting, reporting on sustainable development
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
The Kaliningrad region is developing in complicated exclave conditions, which results in insufficient resilience of its economy to external impacts. There ... ... otnosheniju k dolgosrochnoj ustojchivosti regional'no go razvitija [Risks and shaping plants companies in relation to long-term sustainability of regional development], 2013, Materials sociological
survey, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University,...
East Baltics: Economic Dilemmas of Security
... considers military security in the Eastern Baltic. The research focuses on the economic sustainability of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania in the context of military spending... ... revenues, but it is integrated into the general model of innovative and technological development. In the case of the Baltics, it is advisable to estimate military spending... ... advanced countries integrate defence spending into their investment and innovation strategies and industrial policies. Smaller countries — and the Baltics are no exception...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... the world in general and in border areas in particular. This article sets out to identify the problems and prospects of the development of cross-border cooperation in tourism between Russia and European countries. The authors focus on the scientific ... ... Ganzei, S. S. 2008, Transgranichnye territorii: problemy ustojchivogo prirodopol'zovanija [Cross-border territories: problems of sustainable nature], Vladivostok, Dal'nauka, 216 p.
11. Mirzekhanova, D. G. 2013, Formirovanie turisticheskogo produkta v predelah ...
Network Transformations in Economy
... Technology. Boston : Harvard Business School Press, 2003.
11. Coe N. M., Yeung H. M., Dicken H. W. Globalizing’ regional development: a GPNs perspective // Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2004. № 29. P. 468—484.
12. Contractor F., Lorange P. Cooperative Strategies in International Business. Lexington, Mass. : Lexington Books, 1988.
13. Cooke P. Enterprise Support Policies in Dynamic European Regions: Policy Implications for Ireland, paper presented at NESC seminar, Sustaining Competitive Advantage, NESC Research Series. March 1998, Dublin.
14. De Bresson C., Amesse F. Networks of innovators: ...
Geographical factors as a principle of strategic planning of municipal entities
... economic development. The results of the research can be used by regional or municipal authorities in assessing the quality of developed strategies, as well as in formulating and improving new ones.
1. Клемешев А. П. Российский эксклав: ... ... конф. местных властей. СПб., 2000.
Pogrebnyakov P. V.
strategic planning, geographical factors, exclavity, sustainable development.
EU — Russia energy cooperation: major development trends and the present state
The article analyzes the development of EU — Russia energy relations through the lens of the evolution of three parameters: the political agenda (the ... ... Strategy for the Security of Energy Supply, 2000, Brussels, 29 November, COM, 769 final.
5. Green Paper A European Strategy for Sustainable, Competitive and Secure Energy, 2006, Brussels, 8 March, COM, 2006, 105 final.
6. Khristenko, V., Piebalgs А. 2007,...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
..., Federov, G. М. 1998, Obrazovanie i regional'noe razvitie [Education and regional development], Kaliningrad, 117 p.
12. Coplan-Dix, I. S. 1968, Osnovy statisticheskoj... ... planning in the regions and cities of Russia: a strategy of modernization and upgrading strategies. Reports of the IX All-Russia Forum of Strategic Planning Leaders]. St. Petersburg... ... credits, compulsory and optional disciplines, expert evaluation, specialist training, sustainable regional development
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
5. Vallega, A. 1998, Agenda 21 of ocean geography. In: Vallega, A. et al. (eds.) Geography, oceans and coasts towards sustainable development, p. 17—116.
6. Berardo, C. 1999, Spatial dynamics of Mediterranean coastal regions, Journal of Coastal Conservation,... ... beginning of implementation. In: Strategii makroregionov Rossii: metodologicheskie podkhody, prioritety i puti realizatsii [Strategies for Russia's Macro-regions: methodological approaches, priorities and ways of implementation], Moscow, p. 479—592....
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... article concerns the role that international cooperation in research, technology, and innovation plays in ensuring innovative development and producing an innovative model of the Russian economy. One of the key objectives of the country’s integration ... ... Statistical Study, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 21.
37. MacGregor, S. P., Carleton, T. (eds). 2012, Sustaining Innovation. Collaboration Models for a Complex World, New York, Springer.
38. Miles, R., Snow, C. 1986, Organizations: ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... European subcontinent at the turn of the 20th century. Europe is a region where the “coastal component” of socioeconomic development plays a major role and is therefore one of the most interesting objects for research in this field. Russian geographical ... ... Chernogo morja — vazhnejshij faktor ee ustojchivogo razvitija [Integrated coastal zone of the Black Sea — a key factor in its sustainable development], candidate dissertation thesis, Krasnodar.
32. Fadeev, S. А. 1998, Transformacija pribrezhnyh zon v ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... often discussed in the international dialogue. The three years of LBT mechanism have shown its practical significance for the development of research and cultural contacts, cooperation between municipalities and NGOs of the Kaliningrad region and the borderland ... ... razvitija) [Cross-border and cross-border territory of Asian Russia and neighboring countries (issues and preconditions for sustainable development)], Novosibirsk, 610 p.
16. Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo regionov Rossii, Belarusi i Ukrainy [Cross-border ...
The concept of open innovations and a study into the strategic potential of organisations
... innovation management. Special attention is paid to the joint activities of a number of organisations in innovative research and development and its further application.
1. Баззел Р., Гейл Б., Салтан Р. Доля рынка — ключ ... ... Creative Destruction? // RAND Journal of Economics. 2002. Vol. 33, № 6.
Chuikin A. M.
strategic potential of organizations, sustainable competitive advantages,
open innovation business model
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
Innovative activities underpin the economic development and competitiveness of Russian regions. This article seeks to compare the innovation performance of Russia’s north-western ... ... Veselinović, I., Stojković, N. 2020, DEA Assessment of Socio-economic Development of European Countries, Management: Journal of Sustainable Business and Management Solutions in Emerging Economies. doi:
The ethnic aspects of demographic processes in the Baltic region states
... achievement of demographic homeostasis in most ethnos-nations in the Baltic region.
1. The EU Baltic Sea Region Strategy Towards a Sustainable, Prosperous Future.2009. Brussels: European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional Policy.
2. Ronkina, A. (ed.... ... Yugoslav Republics: Working Paper. Center for German and European Studies. Berkeley.
11. Coleman, D. A. 2006. Population and Development Review, Vol. 32, № 3, pp. 401—446.
12. Regions in the European Union — Nomenclature of Territorial Units for ...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... the methodology be further improved for future clustering of Russian and EU regions according to the level of their innovative development.
1. Avdulov, A. N., Kulkin, А. М. Pokazateli nauchno-tehnicheskogo potenciala. Metody sravnitel'nogo analiza [Indicators ... ...
17. Moskvina, О. S. Innovacionnyj potencial kak faktor ustojchivogo razvitija regiona [Innovative potential as a factor of sustainable development in the region], available at: http://www. vscc. ac. ru/newsite/jou/30/art30_02.php (accessed 23 September ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
During the last 25 years, the economy of the Baltic States has been developing in the conditions of sovereignty, both de facto and de jure. This period has been sufficient to identify regular patterns ... ....2015).
48. Gechev, R. 2008, Institucional'nye ramki ustojchivogo razvitija v Vostochnoj Evrope [Institutional framework for sustainable development in Eastern Europe]. In: Oleinik, A., Gaman-Golutvina, O. Administrativnye reformy v kontekste vlastnyh ...