Socially efficient entry barriers?
Stagnation of the Russian economy lends a new urgency to the question of whether reserves of competition incentives can be used to overcome the current negative economic tendencies. The lowering of entry barriers is traditionally considered a universal instrument of promoting competition. However, lower entry barriers can be mistakenly associated ...
Managerial skills and the strategic potential of organisations
... Michael E.
Toward a Dynamic Theory of Strategy // Strategic Management Journal. 1991
Winter Special Issue
. Dinamic Capabilities and Strategic Management.
Strategic flexibility: Creating dynamic competitive advantage // D.
Campbell (eds.) The
Oxford Handbook of Strategy. Vol. 2: Corporate Strategy. N.
Y., 2003. P. 447—465
Building the Flexible Firm.
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
... Barney, J. B. 1991, Firms resources and sustained competitive advantage, Journal of Management, vol.17, no. 1, p. 99—120. doi.
26. Leiblein, M. J., Chen, J. S., Posen, H. E. 2017, Resource Allocation in Strategic Factor Markets: A Realistic Real Options Approach to Generating Competitive Advantage, Journal of Management, vol. 43, no. 8, p. 2588—2608. doi:
27. Teece, D. J., Pisano, G., Shuen, A. 1997, Dynamic Capabilities and Strategic Management, Strategic Management Journal, vol....
The system approach to modernisation and innovative regional development: strategic objectives
... Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of Economics], no. 6, p. 4—23.
9. Porter, М. 1993, Mezhdunarodnaja konkurencija [International competition], Moscow.
10. Pushkarenko, А. B. 2010, Podderzhka innovacionno-aktivnyh predprijatij v regionah [Support for innovative ... ... Shekhovtseva, L. S. 2005, Upravljaemoe razvitie regiona: strategicheskoe celepolaganie [Manage the development of the region: the strategic goal-setting], Kaliningrad.
13. Shekhovtseva, L. S. 2007, Strategicheskoe celepolaganie razvitija regiona [Strategic ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
4. Grinchel, B. M., Nazarova, E. A. 2014, Metodyi otsenki konkurentnoy privlekatelnosti regionov [Methods for assessing the competitive attractiveness of regions], St. Petersburg, p. 28.
5. Dyiba, E. A. 2016, The influence of the University on the formation ... ... Marketing Academy Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, p. 2.
25. Balakrishnan, M. S. 2008, Dubai — A star in the east: A case study in strategic destination branding, Journal of Place Management and Development, Vol. 1, p. 62—91. DOI:
Network Transformations in Economy
... enterprise — a context for manufacturing // Production Planning and Control. 1998. № 9 (3). P. 216—29.
34. Jarillo J. C. Strategic Networks: Creating the Bordeless Organization. Oxford: Butterworth — Heinemann, 1993.
35. Jones C., Hesterly W. ... ... conditions and social mechanisms // Academy of Management Review.1997. № 22 (4). P. 911—45.
36. Katz M. L., Shapiro C. Systems competition and network effects // Journal of Economic Perspectives. 1994. № 8. P. 93—115.
37. Knoke D., Kuklinski J. H....
Evaluating the impact of integration processes on the ethnopolitical competition of languages in the Baltic Region
... literature, the impact of integration processes on language learning and usage is traditionally evaluated either through the prism of sociolinguistics or soft power. This article proposes a new conceptual approach based on measuring various aspects of competition between languages by the language integration and monopolization indices, on the one hand, and the polylingualism coefficient, on the other. The approach is applied to the situation in the Baltic Sea region of the EU. The article uses data ...
The strategic potential of an organisation: A theoretical framework for research
This article considers the problems of securing competitive advantages of an organisation in a dynamic environment and focuses on the key methodological approaches to studying the strategic potential of an organisation (SPO). Special attention is paid to the resource approach and the concept of dynamic capabilities, as well as the features of non-profit organisations' SPO.
1. Барни Дж. Б. Может ли ресурсная ...
Strategic competitiveness of organisations in knowledge economy
The process of ensuring the strategic competitiveness of organisations in the conditions when knowledge assets become the decisive development factor is analysed. The author considers a number of modern research concepts striving to explain the development and sustaining of stable competitive ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... Golovanova, S. V. et all 2013, Posledstviya slaboi konkurentsii: kolichestvennye otsenki i vyvody dlya politiki [The effects of weak competition: quantitative assessments and policy implications], Moscow, 120 p. (in Russ.)
33. Shodorova, N. M. 2011, Competitiveness of the transboundary territories of the Baltic region: strategic aspect: (conference materials), INTEREKSPO GEO-SIBIR, Vol. 3., no. 1, p. 152—155. (in Russ.)
34. Yuricheva, E. Yu. 2016, Methods for assessing the competitiveness of the region, Aktual'nye problemy ekonomiki sovremennoi Rossii [Actual problems ...
The methodology of assessing the strategic competitiveness of municipalities: an integral approach (the case of the Kaliningrad region)
The authors present a methodology for assessing the competitiveness of municipalities on the basis of an integrated approach. The validity of the method of integrated assessment of the competitiveness of municipalities is demonstrated in the case of the Kaliningrad region. The authors use a complex of ...
An assessment of the influence of economic crisis on the development of regions on the basis of integral current competitiveness index
... социально-экономического положения субъектов Российской Федерации за первое полугодие 2010 г. // Российская газета. 2010. № 201.
Tyapushova Ye. V.
region, strategic competitiveness, integral current competitiveness,
quantitative evaluation, integral index, crisis
The international cooperation ability of management in the strategic potential of an organisation
On the basis of the resource approach to analysing the mechanism of the formation and application of competitive advantages of organisation, this article stresses the need for the examination of the category of the "strategic potential of an organisation. The author considers the ability of the management of organisation to cooperate at the international level, or the international cooperation capability (ICA), in the framework of a more advanced version of the resource ...
The alignment of stakeholders’ interests in interfirm networking
... Dautzenberg K. A theoretical framework of chain management // Journal on Chain and Network Science. 2006. Vol. 6, № 1. P. 79—94.
20. Hillman A., Keim G. Shareholder Value, Stakeholder Management, and Social Issues: What’s the Bottom Line? // Strategic Management Journal. 2001. Vol. 22,P. 125—139.
21. Hunt S. D., Morgan R. M. Resource-advantage theory: a snake swallowing its tail or a general theory of competition? // Journal of Marketing. 1997. P. 74—82.
22. Huxham C., Vangen S. Managing to collaborate: The theory and practice of collaborative advantage. N. Y., 2005.
23. Laplume A. O., Sonpar K., Litz R. A. Stakeholder theory: Reviewing a Theory ...
Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region
This article considers the problems of competition and cooperation in the field of energy in the Baltic region, first of all, those related to the export of Russian oil and oil products, the Nord Stream gas pipeline, and the construction of nuclear plants in Poland, the Kaliningrad region,...
The concept of open innovations and a study into the strategic potential of organisations
... Leader"? // MIT Sloan Management Review (Spring). 2008. Vol. 49, № 3. P. 43—51.
16. Gans J., Hsu D., Stern S. When Does Start-Up Innovation Spur the Ctale of Creative Destruction? // RAND Journal of Economics. 2002. Vol. 33, № 6.
Chuikin A. M.
strategic potential of organizations, sustainable competitive advantages,
open innovation business model
The dynamic capabilities concept and the analysis of strategic potential of learning organisation
S., Schoemaker P.
Are you a "Vigilant Leader"? // MIT Sloan Management Review (Spring).
. 49, №
3. S. 43—51.
Chuikin A. M.
dynamic capabilities concept, strategic potential of organizations,
learning organizations, sustainable competitive advantages
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... make it possible for the corporate management to react rapidly to changes in the global market situation. These methods include strategic segmentation, analyzing the ability to adapt to the expected conditions, devising a company’s entrepreneurial strategy,... ... production modules capable of rational combination and transformation of the elements of national production structure to create competitive transnational production associations, such as clusters and other production forms serving as ‘growth poles’ and ...
The Institutional Architecture of Territorial Innovative Systems: Towards a Spatially Targeted Regional Policy
37. Porter M. E. Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance. N. Y., 1985.
38. Porter M. E. How Competitive Forces Shape Strategy // Harvard Business Rev. 1979. № 2 (57). P. 137—145.
39. Rodríguez-Pose A. The revenge ... ... Interorganizational alliances and the performance of firms: a study of growth and innovation rates in a high-technology industry // Strategic Management Journal. 2000. № 21 (8). P. 791—811.
43. Tayarani M., Poorfakhraei A., Nadafianshahamabadi R., Rowangould ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... planning tools: assessment of applicability of the existing legal framework to water relations; territorial development and strategic planning; and possible distribution of authority between different governing bodies in this new field of administrative ... ... konkurentosposobnosti morehozjajstvennogo kompleksa v uslovijah razvitija mirohozjajstvennyh svjazej [Prospects of improving the competitiveness of the complex marine economic development in world economic relations], Dissertation for the degree of candidate ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... multimodal complex — the commercial seaport of Ust-Luga. This is one of the most recent large projects in seaport infrastructure development. This article estimates the project’s significance for the development of the Baltic region and presents a competitive analysis of the seaport position in comparison to the largest European ports. The authors analyze the strengths of the seaport construction project, namely, the favorable natural environment and climate, advantageous geographical position,...
The spatial structure of Baltic Sea ferry services
3. Yercan, F. 2018, Ferry Services in Europe, New York, Routledge.
4. Odeck, J., Høyem, H. 2020, The impact of competitive tendering on operational costs and market concentration in public transport: The Norwegian car ferry services, Research ... ... Economics, no. 7, art. 100883. doi:
5. Laird, J. J. 2012, Valuing the quality of strategic ferry services to remote communities, Research in Transportation Business and Management, no. 10., p. 97—13.
Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0047287520933679 (accessed 30 August 2020).
33. Camilleri, M. 2014, Advancing the sustainable tourism agenda through strategic CSR perspectives, Tourism Planning & Development, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 42—56. doi: 10.1080/21568316.2013.839470.
Satyr L. M., Zadorozhna R. P., Stadnik L.I
inbound tourism, outbound tourism, international tourism, Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index, Baltic Sea Region, Ukraine, COVID-19
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... of unique resources of the coastal territories along with a technology-driven growth of blue economy sectors can counterbalance the negative impact of the territories’ uneven development on the progress towards the SDGs in the BSR. Increasing the competitiveness of the BSR coastal territories requires investment in digital solutions in the blue economy sectors and the creation of a communication infrastructure. The review of key innovations in the blue economy sectors shows that their implementation ...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
Innovative activities underpin the economic development and competitiveness of Russian regions. This article seeks to compare the innovation performance of Russia’s north-western regions, which are among the most progressive in the country, and their available resource. A review of the literature suggests that ...
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
... corporate sector, including investment potential and propensity to invest. The authors estimate the readiness of Saint Petersburg public companies to employ investment tools in delivering development strategies, which determine to a large extent the competitiveness of the city’s economy. This article presents a study into the response of twenty local public companies to changes in the economy and their ability to stay efficient and preserve investment potential in volatile economic conditions. ...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
What makes countries competitive? What economic policies effectively influence country competitiveness? The aim of this research paper is to analyse country competitiveness empirically, in order to explore the factors that make countries competitive. This can allow governments ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... the position of St. Petersburg in the system of global coastal cities of the Baltic region is relatively favorable in view of its transport, logistics, and demographic potential and the advantageous geo-economic situation. St. Petersburg has certain competitive advantages in the region brought about by its demographic potential, port freight capacity, and the favorable geo-economic position of the "sea gate" of Russia. However, the level of high-tech services and ‘new economy’ development ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... 2009, Torgovaja set': formirovanie i strategicheskoe upravlenie na raznyh jetapah razvitija [Trading Network: formation and strategic management at different stages of development], Kaliningrad, 87 p.
7. Bolychev O., Fidrya E. 2013, Issledovanija mezhorganizacionnyh ... ... Serija 5. Geografija [Bulletin of Moscow University. Series 5. Geography], no. 5, p. 3—9.
14. Porter, М. 2006, Konkurencija [Competition], Moscow, 261 p.
15. Saushkin, Yu. G. 1973, Jekonomicheskaja geografija: istorija, teorija, metody, praktika [Economic ...
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... 4, № 1.
22. Szulanski G. Exploring Internal Stickiness: Impediments to the Transfer of Best Practice Within the Firm // Strategic Management Journal 17 (Special Issue Winter). 1996.
23. Hurt M., Hurt S. Transfer of managerial practices by French ... .... Managing Industrial Knowledge. Sage Publications: London, 2001.
26. Argote L., Ingram P. Knowledge transfer: a basis for competitive advantage in firms. Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes 82 (1), 2000.
27. Skyrme D. Knowledge ...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... razvitija [Northern Europe region of new development], Moscow, Ves’ Mir.
17. Mattsson, L. G., Pettigrew, A. M. 1987, Management of Strategic Change in a «Markets-as-Networks» Perspective, Oxford, Blackwell.
18. Toledano, J. A. 1978, Propos des filières industrielles,... ... Northern Europe: knowledge-intensive type of development], Economist, no. 10, p. 29—40.
26. Sala-i-Martin, X. 2011, Global Competitiveness Report 2011—2012, 2011, Geneva, World Economic Forum.
27. Indikatory innovacionnoj dejatel'nosti 2012 [Indicators ...
Global value chains in the age of uncertainty: advantages, vulnerabilities, and ways for enhancing resilience
... uncertainty at both conceptual and policy levels. We consider the concept and a typical multi-structural model of GVCs, highlighting the network complexity of the system of distributed production and trade in value added. Not only does this system bring competitive advantages to GVC partner countries, but also it entails risks of cascading production disruptions. We examine these risks by analysing the ripple effect of supply disruptions in GVCs when a sudden local shock can propagate globally through ...
Methodological bases for the analysis of the strategic potential of learning organisations
... for the analysis of the potential of organisations in a dynamic environment. The author examines the factors ensuring stable competitive advantages and analyses the role of intangible assets, first of all, such unique assets as organisational and managerial ... ... корпорации // Вестник СПбГУ. Сер. Менеджмент. 2003. Вып. 3. С. 18—46.
strategic potential, learning organization, dynamic capabilities, integrated training base, knowledge resources.
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... regional and international aspects], Balt. reg., no. 4, p. 22—38. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-4-2.
4. Voronov, V. V. 2012, Ocenka i faktory rosta innovacionnoj konkurentosposobnosti regionov Latvii [The evaluation and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions], Balt. reg., no. 4, p. 7—21. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-4-1.
5. Glossarij.ru: Issledovatel'skie seti [Glossariy. ru: Research Network], available at: http://www.glossary.ru/cgi-bin/gl_sch2.cgi?RIxxrlkuigylr;xqol!...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
... All three areas face a number of challenges when it comes to international trade: challenges that are shared and that require strategic coordinated solutions from regional decisionmakers. One of such solutions, for example, could require pooling of competitive advantages of these areas. The analysis of strategic documents of regional development, however, shows that the issue of interregional cooperation has not been duly addressed at any level, theoretical or practical. It is important to strengthen international trade capacity and to increase cooperation ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... Strategy of the European Union at the present stage], Finansy. Pravo. Menedzhment [Finance. Right. Management], available at:http://flm.su/?actions=main_content&id=828 (accessed 14 October 2011).
3. Green paper — A European Strategy for Sustainable, Competitive and Secure Energy, 2006, Europe's Energy Portal, available at: http://www.energy.eu/directives/2006_03_08_gp_document_en.pdf (accessed 17 October 2011).
4. Mitrova, Т. 2005, Analiz faktorov riska rossijskogo jeksporta prirodnogo gaza [Analysis ...
The research and technology development in Lithuania and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation
This article focuses on the present state and prospects of research and technology development in Lithuania. The authors focus on the main competitive innovation spheres (information technologies, biotechnologies, special purpose laser technologies) and analyse the principal lines of innovation policy and strategy. The article presents the results of a SWOT analysis of Lithuanian innovation ...
Strategic development of a university in the Russian exclave
... key characteristics of modern universities (global, scientific and entrepreneurial) ones. The authors discuss prospects of the strategic development of the university in the Russian exclave.
Uchenye bez nauki. Institucional'nyj ... ... Ma, W., Baker, D.
2008. Higher Education Policy, № 21, pp. 5—27.
Lester, R. K.
Universities, Innovation, and the Competitiveness of Local Economies: A Summary Report from the Local Innovation Systems Project — Phase I. [online] Available ...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
The sea and inland hinterland of Baltic Europe form a unique macro-regional unit. Strong collaboration links, and competition in the Baltic Sea region, are an inherent feature of the region from the beginning of its civilization development.... ... analysis of working documents and reports drawn up by public institutions, the European Commission, and EU national and regional strategic documents.
1. Palmowski, T. (ed.) 2006, Europa Bałtycka. Od idei do rzeczywistości, Regiony Nadmorskie, no. 10, ...
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
The issue of regional development involves the study of growth drivers in a competitive, innovative and open environment. In these conditions, cluster forms of integration are considered as centers of economic and innovative regional development. The article examines a specialized agro-industrial complex that is developing ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... pertinent to the evaluation of the state of an economy amid geoeconomic uncertainty, in this case, in the conditions of the crisis of 2014—2016, brought about by both external and internal factors. I employ the concept of the triad of regional economic competitiveness, regional economic security, and sustainable regional socio-economic development. I believe that this triad does not only demonstrate the logic of the current and prospective development of a Russian region but also highlights weaknesses ...
The branding of design hotels and hostels: the role of verbal communication
... requires a thorough analysis of both naming and descriptive texts available through information resources. A well-thought-out strategic platform attracts the target audience and ensures the smooth functioning of visual and verbal channels to create a bright ... ... Хендерсон Дж. Л. Человек и его символы / под ред. С. Н. Сиренко. М., 1997.
10. Anholt S. Competitive Identity: The New Brand Management for Nations, Cities and Regions. 1st ed. Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
11. Anholt ...
Kaliningrad region: coastal position as a geographical factor of economic development
... indirect positive impact on the sectoral structure and the pace of economic growth. The role of the borderline situation is ambivalent: if the relations with neighboring countries and the EU as a whole are favorable, then cross-border links that promote competitiveness and socio-economic development of the border regions also develop. If, as of the beginning of 2018, there are problems in mutual relations, both sides suffer economic losses, and their competitors win. In general, the economy of the Kaliningrad ...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... theory and practice], Tver, 203 p. (In Russ.)
7. Kuznetsova, Yu.V (eds.) 2014, Gosudarstvennoe strategicheskoe upravlenie [State strategic management], Saint Petersburg, 320 p. (In Russ.)
8. Kozbanenko, V. A. (eds.) 2002, Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie: osnovy ... ....2016).
15. Porter, M. 2005, Konkurentnoe preimushchestvo: Kak dostich' vysokogo rezul'tata i obespechit' ego ustoichivost' [Competitive advantage: How to obtain a high result and to provide its stability], Moscow, 454 p. (In Russ.)
16. Raizberg, B. A....
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... innovations, Izvestiya RAN. Seriya geograficheskaya [Regional Research of Russia], no. 6, p. 7—16. (in Russ.)
7. Slack, B. 1989, The port service industry in an environment of change, Geoforum, Vol. 20, no. 4, p. 447—457.
8. Porter, M. E. 1990, The Competitive Advantage of Nations, New York.
9. Enright, M. J., Roberts, B. H. 2001, Regional clustering in Australia, Australian Journal of Management, Special Issue, no. 26, p. 65—86.
10. Lofgren, O. 2008, Regionauts: The transformation of cross-border ...
Satisfaction of Polish Bank Employees with Incentive Systems: An Empirical Approach
... Business and Retail Management Research (JBRMR), Vol. 9, no. 1, p. 98—109.
26. Soniewicki, M. 2015, The company's international competitive advantage — the role of knowledge, Warszawa, Difin, p. 188.
27. Steers, R. M., Porter, L. W. 1983, Motivation and ... ... Wang, H., Lim, S. S. 2008, Real options and real value: the role of employee incentives to make specific knowledge investments, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 29, no. 7, p. 701—721.
30. Wang, H. C., Barney, J. B. 2006, Employee Incentives to Make Firm-Specific ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
(accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
2. Foreign direct investment in Russia collapsed by 92 % in 2015, 2016, Interfax, available at
. ru/business/490758 (accessed 29.03.2016). (in Russ.)
3. Baranovskaya, E. A. 2013, Creating a competitive investment climate in Russia as a basis for upgrading: some legal aspects, Vestnik Baltijskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic federal University], no. 3, p. 143—151. (in Russ.)
4. On the Special Economic ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
2. Hainmueller, J., Hopkins, D. J. 2014, Public Attitudes toward Immigration, Annual Review of Political Science, Vol. 17, p. 225—249.
3. Scheve, K., Slaughter, M. 2011, Labor Market Competition and Individual Preferences Over Immigration Policy, Rev. Econ. Stat., Vol. 83, no. 1, p. 133—145.
4. Kinder, D., Kam, C. 2009, Us Against Them: Ethnocentric Foundations of American Opinion, Chicago, IL.
5. Hopkins, D. J. 2011, National Debates,...
The boundaries of the territorial community
... innovative millieu: conctribution to an analysis of territorialised productive organisations // Geographische Zeitschrift. 1998. № 86(1). P. 1—15.
62. Malmberg A., Sölvell Ö., Zander I. Spatial Clustering, local accumulation of knowledge and firm competitiveness // Geografiska Annaler. 1996. № 78(2). P. 85—97.
63. Markusen A. Sticky places in slippery space: A typology of industrial districts // Economic Geography. 1996. № 72(3). P. 293—313.
64. Marshall A. Principles of Economics. L....
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... as An Industry: Debates and Concepts. In: Ioannides, D., Debbage, K. G. (eds.), The Economic Geography of the Tourist Industry: A Supply-side Analysis, New York, Routledge, p. 31—52.
7. Stabell, C. B., Fjeldstad, Ø. D. 1998, Configuring value for competitive advantage: On chains, shops and networks, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 19, p. 413—437.
8. Goeldner, C. R., Ritchie, J. R. B., McIntosh, R. W. 2000, Tourism Components and Supply. In: Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies, New York, John Wiley and Sons Ltd, p. 362—393.