Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... F., Szatkowski, T., Keller, P., Tamnes, R. 2016, Alliance at Risk Strengthening European Defense in an Age of Turbulence and Competition, Atlantic Council.
10. Fisher, M. 2015, How World War III became possible, Vox, June 29, available at:
17. Railway advances reveal strategic interests in the Baltics, 2014, Delfi. lt, November 3, available at:
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... to link the port of Gdynia to the TriCity ring road. Apart from it, there are plans to improve access to the railroad network. Railway line 201 to Bydgoszcz is to be modernised to transport cargoes from Gdynia further inland. The current and future strategic investments create conditions for growth in handling both container and other types of cargo in the port of Gdynia and significantly improve competitiveness of the maritime sector.
1. Álvarez-SanJaime, Ó., Cantos-Sánchez, P., Moner-Colonques, R., Sempere-Monerris, J. J. 2015, The impact on port competition of the integration of port and inland transport services, Transportation Research,...
Modern marketing practices: a preliminary comparative analysis of studies in developed and developing countries
... Vol. 23, № 2. P. 124—134.
12. Maxim А. Сontemporary Marketing Practices in Romania. URL: http://steconomice.uoradea.ro/anale/volume/2009/v4-management-and-marketing/142.pdf
13. Morgan R., Hant S. Relationship marketing in the era of network competition //Journal of Marketing Management. 1995. Vol. 3, № 1. P. 19—28.
14. Palmer R., Wilson H. An exploratory case study analysis of contemporary marketing practices // Journal of Strategic Marketing. 2009. Vol. 17, № 2. P. 169—187.
15. Pels J., Brodie R. J., Johnston W. J. Benchmarking business-to-business practices in emerging and developed economies: Argentina compared to the USA and New Zealand // Journal of Business ...
The role of brand ecosystem in solving the tasks of hi-tech product marketing
... Academy of Marketing Science. 2008. Vol. 36, № 3. P. 322—336.
11. Fang E. Customer participation and the trade-off between new product innovativeness and speed to market // Journal of Marketing. 2008. Vol. 72, № 4. P. 90—104.
12. Keller K. L. Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity / 3rd ed. N. J., 2008.
13. Moore J. F. The death of competition: leadership and strategy in the age of business ecosystems. N. Y., 1996.
14. Pinar M., Trapp P., Girard T. et al. Utilizing the Brand Ecosystem Framework in Designing Branding Strategies for Higher Education // International Journal of Educational ...
Cluster policy as a mechanism to increase regional competitiveness
Today, cluster policy is the most efficient tool to improve the competitiveness of territory economies. International practice offers a wide range of cluster policies. This article discusses different approaches to classification of cluster policies and emphasizes the advantages of cluster policy for achieving regional strategic goals.
1. Методические рекомендации по реализации кластерной политики в субъектах Российской Федерации. URL: http://promcluster. ru/index.php/about-zakcls/48-2010-05-12-07-57-03....
A study into the structure of academic and professional abilities of students of the life safety field of study
... Affirmative Development of Academic Ability.
2004. Р. 1—2.
Ozerov V. P., Akopova M. A.
psychodiagnostics, formation of abilities, cognitive-intellectual and cognitive-motor abilities,
structure of academic and professional abilities, human capital, competitiveness of university graduates, life safety.
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... Moscow, Ministerstvo jenergetiki Rossijskoj Federacii [Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation], available at: http://minenergo. gov. ru/upload/iblock/d6f/d6fb1b2ad5fa7be6db 40215f7bc3 e5b6.pdf (accessed 20 March 2013).
17. Zverev, Yu. M. 2010, Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., no. 1(3), p. 31—40. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-1-5, available at: http://journals. kantiana. ru/upload/iblock/fb2/Zverev%20Yuri_31—40.pdf (accessed 10 March ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... Moskvy k Vil'njusu i ot plana k rynku [The transformation of the Lithuanian economy from Moscow to Vilnius and from plan to market], Warsaw.
12. Grigoryev, L. М. 2005, Konkurencija i sotrudnichestvo: jekonomicheskie perspektivy Vostochnoj Baltiki [Competition and cooperation: economic prospects of Eastern Baltic], Moscow.
13. Grigoryev, L. М., Ivashchenko, А. S. (eds.), 2012, Aktual'nye voprosy mirovoj jekonomiki: 2010 – 2012 [Topical issues of the world economy: 2010 - 2012], Baltijskij ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Analysis of the economic entities and determining the requirements for their economic performance, based on the balance of regional development models for the formation of the support mechanisms for the purpose of increasing
competitiveness of the economy of the Kaliningrad region], 2014, Report on research work, Moscow, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
2. Gareev, T. R. 2010, Regional'nyj institucionalizm: terra incognita ili terra ficta? [Regional institutionalism: ...
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... architectural landscape in creating a positive image of a town for tourists; they also provide a background for including historical and cultural landmarks into a traveller’s experience. The authors analyse the results of the international urban development competition for the best concept of the historical area of the centre of Kaliningrad Korolevskaya Gora and Its Surroundings/The Heart of the City. Further, they come up with recommendations on using the most interesting proposals of the contestants from ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... klasterov Severo-zapada Rossii i Finljandii) [Internalization interbranch complexes (for example, energy clusters in Northwest Russia and
Finland)], PhD thesis, Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg State University, 172 p.
15. Shastitko, A. 2009, Competitiveness of the region: content, factors, policies, Baltic Region, no. 1, p. 10—25. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-1-2.
16. European Cluster Observatory, 2013, available at: http://www.clusterobservatory.eu/index. html (accessed 06.07.2013).
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
... of the European Union (EU) and in the Russian Federation. The following principles are considered and compared for both territories: 1) promotion of territorial cohesion through a more balanced social and economic development of regions and improved competitiveness; 2) encouragement of development generated by urban functions and improvement of the relationship between the town and countryside; 3) promotion of more balanced accessibility; 4) development of access to information and knowledge; 5) ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... planiruet konservaciju strojashhejsja Baltijskoj AJeS [Rosatom plans conservation Constructed Baltic NPP], 2013, Vkrizis.ru, available at:http://www.vkrizis.ru/news.php?news=4438&type=rus&rub=energy (accessed 05.06.2013).
32. Zverev, Yu. M. 2010, Competition and cooperation problems in the energy sector of the Baltic region, Baltic Region, no. 1, p. 31-40. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-1-5.
33. Zverev, Yu. M. 2013, Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in ...
EU — Russia energy cooperation: major development trends and the present state
... do 2020 goda [The Energy Strategy of Russia until 2020], 2003, Moscow.
4. Green Paper Towards a European Strategy for the Security of Energy Supply, 2000, Brussels, 29 November, COM, 769 final.
5. Green Paper A European Strategy for Sustainable, Competitive and Secure Energy, 2006, Brussels, 8 March, COM, 2006, 105 final.
6. Khristenko, V., Piebalgs А. 2007, Energeticheskij dialog Rossii i Evrosojuza. Vos'moj obobshhajushhij doklad [Russia Energy Dialogue and the European Union. Eighth Progress ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
....oecd-ilibrary.org/science-and-technology/oecd-science-technology-andindustry-scoreboard_20725345 (accessed 09 December 2012).
32. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), available at: http://www.daad.de/en/ (accessed 3 January 2013).
33. The Global Competitiveness Report 2011—2012, available at: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GCR_Report_2011-12.pdf (accessed 6 August 2012).
research and technological potential, comparative assessment, Baltic Sea region, international research ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... The increasing tourist and recreational attractiveness of such cities as Druskininkai, Trakai, Palanga, Vilnius, and Klaipeda to international tourists, as well as an advantageous quality-price ratio of the services offered contribute to the growth of competitiveness on the international tourism market. Service standards applied in Lithuania at the international tourism market uphold and improve the image of Lithuania in the Baltic Sea region. The interregional cooperation between Lithuania, Latvia,...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... 2, 88 p, available at: http://files.conferencemanager.dk/medialibrary/04d6301d-b532-4d77-9d6f-90a7e38fc1db/images/Upd ated_Report_Clusters_are_individuals_Vol._II.pdf (accessed 16 December 2012).
6. Dávila, N. G. 2011, Simultaneous cooperation and competition for economic development: the case of Copenhagen capacity (Denmark) and invest in Skane (Sweden) to foster the Medicon valley cluster, Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier University, 70 p.
7. Den Dansk — Tyske Region «Vioverskrider Graenser», ...
The prospects of entrepreneurship in the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region
... (accessed 25 September 2012).
6. The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. Background and Analysis, 2010, Luxembourg, Office for Official Publications of the European Union. doi: 10.2776/18241.
7. Schwab, K. and all (ed.), 2011, Global Competitiveness Report 2010—2011, Geneva, World Economic Forum.
Fidrya Yefim, Levina Roza
small and medium businesses, new markets, hi-tech products, Baltic Sea region
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
12. Ignatjevs, S. 2011, Teritorijas mārketings kā reģiona stratēģiskās attīstības faktors [Territorial marketing as a strategic factor for the development of the region], Rēzekne, Izd. „Druka”.
13. Saati, T. 1993, Prinjatie rescheniy. Metod ... ... issledovanijah [Expert assessments in sociological research.], 1990, Kiev, Naukova Dumka.
region, innovation, competitiveness,
clusters, technology, marketing territory
Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region
4. Anholt S. Nation Branding: A continuing theme. Brand management. 2002. № 10 (1). Р. 59—60.
5. Anholt S. Competitive identity: The new brand management for nations, cities and regions.
: Palgrave Macmilan, 2007.
6. BSR Interreg ... ... Room for More transboundary Space // European Urban and Regional Studies. 2009. № 16. Р. 177—191.
12. Keller K. L. Strategic
, Measuring and Managing Brand Equity. 3rd ed. Ney
13. Kotler P. Marketing ...