Border functions as a factor of development of border regions and the formation of cross-border regions
... behavioural approach in the analysis of border effects // Paper prepared for the 37th European Congress of the European Regional Science Association, Rome, Italy, Aug. 26—29, 1997. Rome, 1997.
border regions, cross-border regions, the state border, the border function
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
Being an area of development of Russia’s northwest border regions, tourism requires the extending of border regions’ appeal. A unique resource of the northwestern border regions are the current and historical state borders and border facilities. Successful international experience of creating and developing tourist attractions and destinations using the unique geographical position of sites and territories may help to unlock the potential of Russia’s north-western ...
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... [Report of the Head of KTU Rosgranitsa Victor Kudryavtsev "About results of activity of KTU Rosgranitsa in 2013"], 2014, Federal'noe agentstvo po obustrojstvu gosudarstvennoj granicy Rossijskoj Federacii [Federal Agency for Development of the State border of the Russian Federation], available at: http://test131.artwell.ru/en/pressa/statement/8689 (accessed 22.09.2014)
11. Żęgota, K. 2014, Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia — EU Relations, Baltic Region, no. 3, p. 88-99....
On the establishment of state borders and delimitation of marine areas of the Russian Federation in the Kaliningrad region zone
This article considered the stage and features of formation of the state border with Poland and Lithuania, as well as the delimitation of the Russian marine area in the Kaliningrad region zone. The Polish border was established by the Soviet-Polish border agreement of 1945. It was of astronomical nature and did not take into ...
Disease control and border lockdown at the EU’s internal borders during Covid-19 pandemic: the case of Finland
... HIV Testing and the Making of Healthy Canada // Bashford A. (ed.) Medicine at the Border: Disease, Globalisation and Security, 1850 to the Present. N. Y., 2007. P. 136—158.
10. Zylberman P. Civilising the State: Borders, Weak States and International Health in Modern Europe // Bashford A. (ed.) Medicine at the Border: Disease, Globalisation and Security, 1850 to the Present. N. Y., 2007. P. 21—40.
11. Bengtsson L.,...
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
... institutional barriers have become a major obstacle to the development of transboundary tourism regions. Borders are classed depending on the border regime and strictness of tourist entry procedures. Special attention is paid to the attractiveness of state border areas. The authors identify external and internal conditions affecting tourism development and functioning in border areas. The practical significance of the study lies in the possibility of using its findings in developing tourism development ...
Russia-European Union and Russian-Chinese borderlands: economic and demographic dimension
... interaction is increasing. Border regions, territories where this interaction involves direct contact, are of great importance in this process. This has given rise to a new area of research — border region studies. The Russian Federation has the longest state border, the largest number of neighbouring countries, and centuries of experience in the peaceful existence and cooperation between different cultures. Most importantly, the country straddles two continents. Located between two principal economic actors ...
Cross-border Tourism in the Russian Northwest: General Trends and Features of Development
... in the border regions of Russian Northwest becomes a relevant research objective. The author identifies the specific features and general trends in the development of cross-border tourism in the Russian regions in question. It is proven that Russian border regions are less competitive than the territories of neighbouring states in terms of the development of crossborder tourism. The author also points out to the avenues of stimulating cross-border tourism development in Russian border regions.
1. Артоболевский С. Приграничные территории ...
Population Change in the Neighbouring Regions of Russia and the European Union States
In this article, I carry out a comparative analysis of population change in the bordering regions of Russia and the European Union. Peripheries of their countries, most of these regions enjoy a more or less favourable demographic situation, which, however, differs from place to place. To attain the aims of the study, I analyse official ...
The intensity of population movements through the Russian- Polish border after the suspension of the local border traffic mechanism: 2016 outcomes
(дата обращения: 12.02.2017).
the Kaliningrad region, the Republic of Poland, the local border traffic, cross-border cooperation, mutual crossing of the state border
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
At the present stage of social development in Europe and Russia, studies analyzing and evaluating ethnic and national borders are of increasing relevance. Over the last three decades, the state borders in the Baltic region have been stable, which is not the case in Europe in general. The author believes that the key reason behind the current crisis in Russia-EU relations is the conspicuous neglect of Russian interests in the neighboring countries ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... suhoputnyh granicah gosudarstv-chlenov i ob izmenenii polozhenij Shengenskoj konvencii» ["Regulation (EC) № 1931/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on the rules of the local border traffic at the external land borders of the Member States and to amend the provisions of the Schengen Convention"], 2006, available at: http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do ч?uri=OJ:L:2006:405:0001:0022:EN:PDF (accessed 12.05.2015).
19. Rezul'taty vstuplenija v silu soglashenija mezhdu ...
The facilitation of freedom of movement between Russia and the European Union: prospects and legal issues
20Albania% 20and%20BiH. pdf (accessed 29 September 2010).
9. Regulation (EC) N 1931/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 laying down rules on local border traffic at the external land borders of the Member States and amending the provisions of the Schengen Convention,
2006, Official Journal, L 405, 30 Dec.
10. Soglashenie ot 18.09.2007 goda mezhdu Kabinetom ministrov Ukrainy i Pravitel'stvom Vengrii o pravilah mestnogo pogranichnogo dvizhenija [Agreement ...
Polish-Russian Small Border Traffic in the Context of Russia-EU Relations
... Prace OSW. 2001. URL: http://www.osw. waw. pl/pl/publikacje/Prace-OSW?page=4 (дата обращения: 28.01.2012).
3. Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament „Towards integrated management of the external borders of the member states of the European Union”, Brussels, 7.5.2002, COM(2002) 233 final. URL:http://eur-lex. europa. eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ. do?uri=COM:2002:0233:FIN: EN:PDF (дата обращения: 18.08.2012).
4. Ćwiek-Karpowicz J. Współpraca unijno-rosyjska ...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... suhoputnyh granicah gosudarstv-chlenov i ob izmenenii polozhenij Shengenskoj konvencii [Regulation (EC) № 1931/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on the establishment of rules on local border traffic at the external land borders of the Member States and to amend the provisions of the Schengen Convention], 2006, Evropejskij Sojuz i Rossija. Zakonodatel'stvo i praktika [The European Union and Russia. Law and Practice], available at: http://eu-law.ru/2011/06/reglament-es-o-malom-pogranichnom-dvizhenii/accessed ...
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... promising area of regional growth. The unique natural, historical, and cultural resources, nature, and a favourable economic and geographical position are basic prerequisites for the development of tourism in the region. Historically, the barriers of state borders hampered the development of tourism; and tourism was seen as an activity bringing no economic benefits to regions since most Soviet citizens travelled as beneficiaries of social programmes. This article aims to research prospects of tourism and ...
Comparative analysis of students’ collective consciousness in the Russia-EU and Russia-China border regions: mathematical modelling
... view. The authors employ the principles of an emerging scientific direction, border regional studies, for a comparative analysis of the collective consciousness of students from two border regions located on the Russia-European Union and Russia-China borders. The authors present the results of the survey they conducted in the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University (Kaliningrad) and Amur State University (Blagoveshchensk). They examine the sociological phenomenon of ‘regional consciousness’ and substantiate the criteria for selecting the objects of research. It is the first time in sociology that logistic regression models reflecting ...
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... Geopolitics of Borders and Boundaries, Geopolitics, Vol. 10(4), p. 672—679.
23. Кolosov, V. 2013, The vision of Europe and the world from large powers: the case of BRIC, Geografia Polonica, no. 2, p. 89—98.
24. Konrad, V., Nicol, H. N. 2011, Border Culture, the Boundary Between Canada and the United States of America, and the Advancement of Borderlands Theory, Geopolitics, Vol. 16, p. 70—90.
25. Kramsch, O. 2011, Regulating European borders: a cultural perspective. In: Veggeland, N. (ed.) Innovative regulatory approaches: coping with Scandinavian ...
Current and Prospective Transport Connections between Poland’s Border Voivodeships and Russia’s Kaliningrad Region
... Pionersky in the Kaliningrad region. Another promising project is the launch of a crossborder passenger railway connection using a European gauge.
Gumenyuk I. S., Studzieniecki T.
transport connections, cross-border cooperation, Russian-Polish state border, transport projects, transport corridors
The influence of the border position of the Pskov region on the socio-cultural values of the population
This article presents the results of a sociological research on national and supranational (civilizational) identity of the Pskov region population conducted in 1999—2010. The Pskov region is the only European region of Russia that shares borders with three states, two of which are members of the EU. The author defines the areas of the neighbouring countries' sociocultural influence on the lives of the border territory population. The article also describes the existing stereotypes about Russia and the neighbouring ...
The Baltics in the Geography of the Largest Transnational Corporations of Europe
... [International economic relations of German companies], Moscow.
11. Yudanov, Yu. I. 2003, Osobennosti shvejcarskoj predprinimatel'skoj modeli [Features Swiss business model], Sovremennaja Evropa [Modern Europe], no. 1, p. 60—69.
Baltic Sea States, transnational corporation, geographical segment, borders of Europe, foreign direct investment
Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region
... Balt. Reg., no. 1 (15), p. 27—36, doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-1-3.
23. Klemeshev, A. P. 2007, Jeksklavnost' v uslovijah globalizacii: izbrannye publikacii [Exclave in the context of globalization: selected publications], Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant State University of Russia, 354 p.
24. Korneevets, V. S. 2010, Klassifikacija prigranichnyh regionov Rossii [Classification of border regions of Russia], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 4.
Batyk Iwona, Semenova Lyudmila
cross-border cooperation, Kaliningrad region, Warmian-Masurian voivodeship, tourism
Some features of external migration processes in the coastal regions of the Western borderlands of Russia
... adversely both in the northern regions, and in the Leningrad region, St. Petersburg. The southern regions of Russia and the Kaliningrad region are the only ones to use their border position to make up the natural population decline at the expense of bordering states. Most regions are growing due to migration. The Northern Russian regions are losing population. Migration here worthen the demographic situation, even though there has been some equalization of gender disparities due to the outflow ...
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
... Ocherk jetnicheskoj istorii i genezisa kul'tury [Vepsians. Essay on ethnic history and genesis of culture], Moscow, 262 p.
12. Polin, A. K. 1998, Stanovlenie sovremennoj gosudarstvennoj granicy mezhdu Rossiej i Finljandiej [The formation of the modern state border between Russia and Finland], Izvestija Russkogo geograficheskogo obshhestva [Proceedings of the Russian Geographical Society], Vol. 130, no. 2, p. 60—66.
13. Potapova, K. N. 2013, Voprosy proishozhdenija setu v rabotah avtorov vtoroj poloviny ...
Border Position as a Factor of Strategic and Territorial Planning in Russian Regions in the Baltic
... planning is fully justified in the case of transborder regions as well as in that of national ones. However, in Russia, spatial (strategic and territorial) planning does not imply joint development of documents with the border regions of neighbouring states. Nevertheless, the border position of a region (at least, due to the presence of border zones) has a significant effect on the content of regional strategies for socioeconomic development and schemes for territorial planning of constituent entities and municipal districts....
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... the Northwestern Federal District of the Russian Federation. The article offers cross-border specialization indices for each border region of the Northwestern Federal District. With their help, we were able to identify the spheres of interaction with ... ... Shevtsov, A. N. 2000, Gosudarstvo i regiony. Teorija i praktika gosudarstvennogo regulirovanija territorial'nogo razvitija [States and regions. The theory and practice of state regulation of territorial development], Moscow.
6. Lexin, V., Shevtsov, V....
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... Bâtea (Bota), C.-M. 2014, Cross-border projects means for sustainable tourism development along the Romanian-Hungarian border, Analele Universităţii din Oradea, Seria Geografie, no. 2, December, p. 134—142.
4. Cultural Routes of the Council ... ... transportation routes as a factor of the trans-border clusters emergence. Тhe Territory Of New Opportunities, The Herald of Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, no. 2, p. 14—22. (in Russ.)
14. Balykova, E. The “Blue road” our favourite ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie social'no-jekonomicheskogo prostranstva: novoe v teorii regional'nogo razvitija i praktike ego gosudarstvennogo regulirovanija [Compression of the socio-economic area: a new theory of regional development and its practice of state regulation], Moscow, p. 49—60.
20. Rodoman, B. B. 2004, Jekologicheskoe znachenie administrativnyh granic [The ecological value of the administrative boundaries], Problemy prigranichnyh regionov Rossii [Problems of border regions of Russia], materialy XXI ezhegodnoj sessii jekonomiko-geograficheskoj sekcii MARS [Materials XXI annual session of economic and geographic section MARS], Belgorod-Kharkov, 5—7 June 2004, Moscow, p. 82—85.
21. Rodoman, B. B. 2010, ...
Geopolitical turbulence and its economic and geographical projections: the case of Russia’s western border regions
... restructuring of the Russian economy, which is being influenced by recent geopolitical changes. The author assesses the economic resistance of Russia’s western border regions to geopolitical turbulence. Special attention is paid to the typology of border regions, which is built taking into account the impact of geopolitical turbulence and compensatory measures of state support on regional socio-economic systems. The study offers a general conceptual vision of geopolitical turbulence as a permanent (poorly predictable and only partially regulated) series of changes in the global political order as a whole and ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... available at:
(accessed 23.01.2017). (In Russ.)
6. Kretinin, G., Mironyuk, D.2014, Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 4. С. 27—41. DOI: 10.5922/2074-2079-8555-4-2.... ... and Elbląg voivodeships)], Report on the Candidate Dissertations in the Historical Sciences, p. 308. (In Russ.)
8. Municipal State Cultural Institution "Center for the Preservation of Monuments, Site of the Administration of the urban district "City ...
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... proposes the following system of EU legislation on irregular immigration: rules preventing assistance to irregular immigration, rules preventing employment of irregular immigrants, rules on the return of irregular migrants and readmission, rules on border control, and rules on collaboration with third countries. The author pays special attention to analysing the current state of irregular immigration to the EU, which was dubbed the ‘greatest migration crisis in Europe’. The conclusion is that the European Union succeeded in the development of pioneering legislation on irregular immigration, which can serve as the ...
The historical and geographical evolution of the enclavity of the Kaliningrad region
... socio-economic and political features. The article identifies enclave (exclave) problems peculiar to them, including the land access (passenger and cargo transit) of the metropolis to the isolated territory, as well as the issues relating to the origins of state border, border control, visa regime, and political and economic relations to neighbouring states and the mainland. The author reviews cases of evolutional development of enclavity and peaceful and military methods of eliminating enclave formations. Actions ...
The Kaliningrad Region: Challenges of the Exclave Position and Ways to Offset Them
... the neighbouring states. In striving to identify the preferable regional development conception, the authors reveal low susceptibility of local cross-border cooperation actors to the belligerent rhetoric of national authorities on either side of the border. The study of the state of affairs in tourism, a promising area of regional specialization, demonstrates a dual effect of the exclave position, which can be considered both as a challenge and an opportunity.
Sebentsov A. B., Zotova M. V.
exclave, Kaliningrad region,...
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
... veke: vremja ispytanij [European Union in the XXI century: the test], Moscow, Ves’ mir.
6. Golunov, S. 2013, EU-Russian Border Security: Challenges, (Mis)perceptions and Responses, Routledge, London and New York.
7. Soobshhenie press-sluzhby prezidenta ... ... the Russian President Vladimir Putin President of the Commission of the European Communities and the heads of the EU member states], 2002, available at: http://www.academygo.ru/Site/RussiaEC/News/ Putin.shtml (accessed 10 March 2013).
8. 2450th Council ...
Equivocality in Delineating the Borders of a Cluster: The Baltic’s Case
... attention being paid to the Latvian IT-cluster. Committed to economic clustering and glocal cluster interactions beyond national borders, the Baltics are an ideal case study for testing our model. Latvia’s mature IT-cluster is an important national growth ... ... Mikhaylova A. A.
cluster policy, territorial cluster, cluster initiative, cross-border cooperation, territorial cohesion, Baltic States, cluster boundary
The development of cooperation between the European Union and Russia on migration issues: from „the „common spaces” to the actual implementation
... October 1997 on the Conclusion of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement between the European Communities and its Member States, on the one part, and the Russian Federation, on
the other part, OJ L, no. 327, 28 November 1997.
6. Council of the European ... ... for Eastern Europe?, European Security, no. 19 (4),p. 569—584.
16. Lavenex, S., Schimmelfennig, F. 2009, EU Rules beyond EU borders? Theorizing External Governance in European Politics, Journal of European Public Policy, no. 16 (6), September 2009, p....
North-West Russia in the context of European integration
... fortsätting av den svenska traditionen. In: Sushhnost' i metamorfozy shvedskoj identichnosti [The essence of Swedish identity and metamorphosis], Moscow, p. 33—34.
14. Tiilikainen, T. 2001, The Political Implications of the EU Enlargement to the Baltic States, European University Institute Working Paper RSC, no. 1, p. 21.
Kochegarova Tamara, Simonyan Renald
global challenges, regionalization, cooperation, partnership, intercivilization border areas, Western and Russian values, sociocultural diffusion, convergence, European integration
One Belt - One Road Initiative: A Window of Opportunity for Russia’s Western Border Regions
..., its reviving leadership and ambitions, and its increasing efforts to reformat and integrate the Eurasian space. The One Belt — One Road Initiative is a manifesto and a tool to advance China’s long-term geostrategic interests that spread to the bordering states and regions and to the prospects of their socioeconomic development. The initiative encompasses transportation and logistics, production and investment, finances, research and technology, humanitarian affairs, and foreign policy. In this article,...
How did Lithuania draw up its present borders?
The article describes the formation of the national territory of Lithuania during the interwar period. The author compares factors, which affected the formation of the Lithuanian statehood, analyses the country’s relations with the neighbouring states and describes the Soviet-Polish and the Soviet- German relations. A high degree of dependence on external influence and numerous internal weakness of the country influenced the establishment of the geographical borders of Lithuania.
1. Внешняя политика СССР : сб. док. : в 5 т. / отв. ред. С. А. Лозовский ; ред. и авт. прим. проф. Б. Е. Штейн ; Высш. парт. школа при ЦК ВКП(б)....
On trends in the development of cross-border cooperation in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
... cooperation in the Baltic sea region // Region of co-operation. Iss. 9 (34). Kaliningrad, 2004.
Mezhevich N. Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives // Baltic region. 2015. № 2 (24). P. 4—12.
Perkmann М. Cross-border regions ... ... Drivers of Regional Cross-border Cooperation //
Urban and Regional Studies. 2003. № 10(2). P. 71—153.
Fedorov G. Border position as a factor of strategic and territorial planning in Russian regions in the Baltic // Baltic region. 2014. № ...
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... [Development and spatial differentiation of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic region], thesis abstract, Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant State University of Russia.
10. Haggett, P. 1979, Prostranstvennaja diffuzija — put' k slijaniju rajonov. Geografija: sintez ... ....fep.up.pt/oaij/index.php/EMRP_IJ/article/view/5/22 (accessed 21 September 2012).
16. Weidenfeld, A. 2013, Tourism and cross border regional innovation, Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 42, p. 191—213.
tourism innovations, regional ...
Russian-Estonian relations: a medium-term forecast
... Rossijsko-jestonskaja granica: istorija formirovanija i sovremennoe znachenie dlja razvitija Severo-Zapada Rossii [Russian-Estonian border: formation history and contemporary significance for the development
of the North-West Russia], Pskovskij regionologicheskij ... ... Khudolei, K. K. 2013, Sovetizacija Baltijskih gosudarstv letom 1940 goda i ee posledstvija [The Sovietization of the Baltic States in the summer of 1940 and its consequences], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta. Serija 6: Filosofija.
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... region], Vol. 12, no. 1, p. 117—138. DOI: 10.17059/2016-1-9. (In Russ.)
6. Nechiporuk, D. 2014, Pogranichnye zemli, obshchie vody: istoriya transgranichnogo sotrudnichestva Rossii, Baltiiskikh stran i ES po ozdorovleniyu ekosistemy Baltiiskogo morya [Border lands, common waters: the history of cross-border cooperation between Russia, the Baltic States and the EU on the rehabilitation of the Baltic Sea ecosystem], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
7. Kapaciauskaite, I. 2011, Environmental governance in the Baltic Sea Region and the role of non-governmental actors, Procedia — Social and Behavioral ...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
(accessed 22.07.2020) (in Russ.).
11. Florinskaya, Yu. 2020, Labor Migration to the Russian Federation at the stage of border closure. In: Gurevich, V. S., Kolesnikov, A. V. In: Gurevich, V. S., Kolesnikov, A. V. et all. (eds.) Monitoring ekonomicheskoi ... ... in Europe, Beyond Control, Palgrave McMillan, London, p. 14—39.
19. Sahin-Mencutek, Z. 2012, Immigration Control in Transit States: The Case of Turkey, European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 137—163.
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... ulichnye besporjadki v stranah Baltijskogo regiona v 2007—2009 gg. [Populism and political participation:the riots in the Baltic States in 2007—2009] POLITEKS = Politicheskaja ekspertiza [Political Expertise Journal], Vol. 6, no 2, p. 209—230, available ... ... Primordial Characters, Charlottesville.
20. Ouellet, J. 2004, Authority, Trade and Ideas: Using Systems Theory to Understand Borders and Identity. In: Khudoley, K., Lanko, D. (ed.), Borders, Identities and Nationalism: Understanding the Relationship, ...
How did Lithuania draw up its present borders? Part II
... Soviet Lithuania was a decisive factor in the republic’s territorial organization and management. By accepting the existing borders in the post-Soviet period Russia showed its aspiration to establish and develop genuinely good neighbourly relations with ... ...
skii_labirint/p1.php (дата обращения: 13.02.2019).
Zolov A. V.
Lithuania, state territory, international relations
The regional approach in the policy of the Russian Federation towards the Republic of Estonia
... the BBC, Moscow, March 7.
13. Rossija i Pribaltika: doklad Soveta po vneshnej i oboronnoj politike [Russia and the Baltic States: Report of the Council on Foreign and Defense Policy], 1997, Nezavisimaja gazeta [The Independent newspaper], October 28.... ... Rossijsko-estonskaja granica: istorija formirovanija i sovremennoe znachenie dlja razvitija Severo-Zapada Rossii [Russian-Estonian border: the history of the formation and contemporary significance for the development of the North-West Russia], Pskovskij regionologicheskij ...
The instruments of Russia — EU research and technological co-operation in the sphere of innovations
... stran-chlenov ES i Rossijskoj Federacii [Handbook on scientific and technological cooperation between the European Union, the EU Member States and the Russian Federation], 2012, Moscow.
2. The Baltic Sea Region INTERREG III B Neighbourhood Programme 2000—2006,... ... available at: http://www. dex. leontief. net/kolar. htm (accessed 20 September 2012).
5. Estonia — Latvia — Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme, available at: http://www. estlatrus. eu/eng/programme/about_the_programme/objective_ amp_priorities ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... 4, p. 464—479.
19. Baklanov, P. Ya., Shinkovsky, M. Yu. 2010, Transgranichnyj region: ponjatie, sushhnost', formy [Cross border region: the concept, essence, forms], Vladivostok, Dal'nauka, 276 p.
20. Germanskij dom nauki i innovacij [German House ... ... zhurnal Kubanskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta [Polythematic Network electronic scientific journal of the Kuban State Agrarian University], no. 6 (60), p. 25—41, available at: http://ej.kubagro.ru/2010/06/pdf/03.pdf (accessed 15 November ...
The concepts of enclave and exclave and their use in the political and geographical characteristic of the Kaliningrad region
... European Union, Karlkrona, Sweden, The Baltic Institute and the Åland Islands Peace Institute.
enclave, exclave, enclavity, exclavity, enclave territories, political geography, parent and surrounding states, dividing state, state border, transit