Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
This article analyses the natural population increase (decrease) in the postcommunist part of Baltic ... ... Voivodeships, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, the Kaliningrad and Leningrad region, and the federal city of Saint Petersburg) in 2002—2011.... .... Europa Wschodnia — Ameryka Łacińska. Pozycja jednostki i system rządu /ed. K. Complak. Wrocław, 2002.
11. Cubbins L.... ... ja vanuskoosseis aastani 2050 // Population prognosis and age distribution in Estonia, Rahvastik. 2005—2006. Population, Statistikaamet....
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... regiona (teoreticheskij aspekt) [The reference frame of sustainable development of the region (theoretical aspect)], Geograficheskij vestnik [Geographic bulletin], no. 1—2, p. 15—22.
Northwestern economic district, spatial development, regional population distribution systems, forces of production, functional relations
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... understanding that a coastal position has a beneficial effect on the development of regions. Such areas have a denser population and develop more rapidly than inland regions. At the same time, the effect... ... the Rostov region: the specificity of manifestation and accounting in the management system, Gosudarstvennoe i munitsipal'noe upravlenie. Uchenye zapiski SKAGS, no. 4, p... ... 232—249.
48. Salvati, L., Zitti, M. 2007, Territorial disparities, natural resource distribution, and land degradation: a case study in southern Europe, Geojournal, Vol...
Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... Petersburg agglomeration are brought up to date. Examining the population size of the settlements helps locate the ‘growth belt’ ... ... agglomeration. Lists of major enterprises of the city and the region make it possible to identify patterns in the economic development ... ... elements of the agglomeration (its core and satellites) in the distribution of revenues of economic agents. Data on the location ... .... 2010, Signs and properties of self-developing socio-economic systems, Ekonomika regiona [Economy of the region], no. 4, p. 32—39 ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
Various studies of economic and geographical relations in Russian regions often overemphasise the role of economy. However, the quality and quantity of human resources is one of the key factors behind distribution and development of production. Human resources are of even more importance ... ... human, and innovation resources) and through improvement of the professional training system.
1. Voloshenko, К.Yu., Kuznetsova, А. L. 2014, Balansovaja model' upravlenija... ..., Fedorov, D. G. 2008, Demograficheskaja differenciacija stran Baltijskogo regiona [Population differentiation of the Baltic region], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal...
The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s
This article analyses population changes in North-West regions of Russia (the former North-Western economic zone and the Kaliningrad region) ... ... This method is used quite rarely, yet it is more accurate in studying the shifts in distribution of this group of population than current statistics. The article uses the... ... 2, p. 119—129.
24. Hall, P., Hay, D. 1980, Growth Centres in the European Urban System, L.
25. Krisjane, Z., Berzins, M. 2012, Post-socialist Urban Trends: New Patterns...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... socioeconomic development and the persisting problem of the national economy’s spatial organisation amidst the absence of a clear-cut regional policy. The authors stress the discrepancy between the distribution of economic activities and the established system of settlement. This is particularly true for many historical cities, whose economic resources have been curtailed. This ... ... Eurostat, available at:
28. George, P. 1960, Question de geographie de la population, Paris, p.229.
29. Harris, C. D. 1970, Cities of the Soviet Union, Chicago, p. 484.
30. Joenniemi, P., Sergunin, A....
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... to assess the existing differences between the rural and urban population in the provision of banking, public, information and ... ... carried out on urban and rural municipalities of the Leningrad region. Special attention is paid to the spatial factor in concentration ... ....5477/cis/reis.168.3.
5. De Marchi V., Grandinetti R. Regional innovation systems or innovative regions? Evidence from Italy // Tijdschrift ... ... doi: doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2018.03.011.
22. Sun Y. Spatial distribution of patents in China // Regional Studies. 2000. № ...