The regional aspect of developing educational and research culture
This article considers the regional aspect of educational and research culture development and the possibility of its formation under certain pedagogical conditions. The development of educational and research culture is planned in view of certain features of the Kaliningrad region through ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
In this article, I consider individual aspects of the economic security of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region amid the geo-economic uncertainty observed since 2014. The object of the study is the economic and technological sustainability of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region given geo-economic risks and growing challenges to economic security. To ...
Soviet-Polish cooperation in the mid-1970s — early 1980s: ideological contacts and the ideology of contacts (regional aspects)
This article analyses different aspects of bilateral ties between the Kaliningrad region and the Polish Olsztyn and Elblag voivodeships in the mid-70s-early 19 80s. The author pays special attention to the problems of ideological interaction and emphasizes the crucial role of the economic development issues.
1. Государственный ...
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
... gaps in the regulatory framework and highlight problems of legal regulation and law enforcement as regards the amber industry. Combating illegal amber extraction and trafficking is a pressing problem in the Kaliningrad region (Russia) and other Baltic region states. The article explores theoretical aspects of the legislative policy on combating illegal amber extraction and trafficking. The authors focus on the relevant law enforcement practices and hold that administrative sanctions for unauthorised amber extraction and trade are not fully effective ...
The methodological aspects of development of object-functional approach to the regional development management
This article considers the main aspects of the methodology of formation of object-functional approach to regional development, which makes it possible, due to taking into account the patterns of regional function distribution, to choose strategic regional objects and ensure their interaction on the basis of incentives for economic agents.
Matrix Representation of the Kaliningrad Regional Accounts System: Experimental Development and Modelling Prospects
... consolidated, the structure of regional matrix devised, and the multiplier of the regional social accounting matrix calculated. An important aspect of this approach is the set target, which determines the composition of matrix accounts representing different aspects of regional performance. The calculated multiplier suggests the possibility of modelling of a socioeconomic system for the region using a social accounting matrix. The regional modelling approach ensures the matrix compliance with the methodological requirements ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... collapsed by 92 % in 2015, 2016, Interfax, available at
. ru/business/490758 (accessed 29.03.2016). (in Russ.)
3. Baranovskaya, E. A. 2013, Creating a competitive investment climate in Russia as a basis for upgrading: some legal aspects, Vestnik Baltijskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic federal University], no. 3, p. 143—151. (in Russ.)
4. On the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad Region and on Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation: Federal law 16-FZ, dated 10 Jan. 2006 (as amended on 11.03.2016.), available at:
. (accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
5. About the state support of ...
Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
.... 1964, Approaches to regional analysis: A synthesis, Annals of the Association of American Geographers, no. 54, p. 2―11.
16. Brachert, M., Titze, M., Kubis, A. 2011, Identifying industrial clusters fr om a multidimensional perspective: Methodical aspects with an application to Germany, Papers in Regional Science, Vol. 90, no. 2, p. 419―439.
17. Boschma, R. 2005, Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment, Regional Studies, Vol. 39 (1), p. 61―74.
18. Potter J., Miranda, G. (ed). 2009, Clusters, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, OECD.
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
This article considers theoretical aspects of tourism studies and development in border regions. The work aims to identify key areas of geographical studies into tourism in border regions. Its research significance lies in a review of Russian and international literature on border territory and the role of tourism in socioeconomic development....
Regional aspects of international tourism (1960—1980s)
The author explores various aspects of international tourism in the Soviet Union. The article focuses on the main forms and methods used by the Kaliningrad Regional Trade Union Council for the development of international tourism. The author analyses archive materials describing the preparation, organization and reporting of tourist trips abroad and attempts to reconstruct behavior patterns of Soviet tourists ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... metodologicheskie podkhody, prioritety i puti realizatsii [Strategies for Russia's Macro-regions: methodological approaches, priorities and ways of implementation], Moscow, p. 479—592. (In Russ.)
24. Dergachev, V. A. 1989, Maritime complex of the Azov-Black Sea region, the Soviet Union: economic and geographical aspects. In: Yuzhnye morya SSSR: geograficheskie problemy issledovaniya i osvoeniya [Southern seas of the USSR: geographical problems of research and development], Leningrad, p. 39—50. (In Russ.)
25. Druzhinin. A. G. (ed.) 2016, Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoe ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
This article aims to explore the prospects for the development of international trade and the impact of trade on increasing competitiveness of Saint Petersburg. To this end, the authors study the theoretical aspects of regional competitiveness as such, analyse the ten years’ data on the city’s international trade, and explore the significance of image, reputation, and information support for the region’s international trade provided by business information centres ...
The development of regional aspects of theory of entrepreneurship
This article analyses major approaches to the development of entrepreneurship theory relating to its regional aspects. The author emphasizes the need and describes the possibility of applying interdisciplinary approach to the development of regional aspects of entrepreneurship theory. The theoretical assumptions and conclusions presented in the article can be ...
The institutional aspects of the discrete investment choice at a regional level (through the example of the SEZ in the Kaliningrad region)
This article considers the institutional aspects of discrete investment choice at the regional level through the example of the SEZ in the Kaliningrad region. The authors analysed the changes of the institution of SEZ throughout the latter's existence as well as the conditions of the economic agent activity within the SEZ. With the help ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... teoriya razvitiya sovremennykh obshchestv [Civilization and the great historical rivers. Geographic theory of the development of modern societies], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
18. Mikhailov, A. S. 2014, Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 113—123. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-10.
19. The national economy of the USSR for 70 years, 1987, Jubilee statistical yearbook, Moscow. (In Russ.)
20. Pokshishevsky, V. V. 1975, Theoretical aspects of the attraction of settlement to the sea coasts and the experience of quantifying this attraction, Izvestiya vsesoyuznogo geograficheskogo obshchestva, Vol. 107, no. 1, p. 29—35. (In Russ.)
21. Pokshishevsky, V., Fedorov, G. 1988, The fundamentals ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Educational co-operation is one of the main aspects of the regional political agenda in the Baltic Sea Region. The article analyzes the political impact of the organizations, as perceived by the universities in the region and political decision-makers on national and regional levels. Based on the success of the ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... January 10, 2006
№ 16-FZ, Rossijskaja gazeta, 30 January. Rossijskaja gazeta, 19January.
17. Pechatkin, V. V., Perfilov, V. A. 2010, Teoreticheskie i metodicheskie aspekty ocenki konkurentosposobnosti regionov Rossii [Theoretical and methodological
aspects of the evaluation of the competitiveness of the regions of Russia], Problemy sovremennoj jekonomiki [Problems of Modern Economics], no. 3, p. 285—290.
18. Prognoz dolgosrochnogo social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2030 goda [Forecast of long-term socio-economic ...
Reflections on the history of the Kaliningrad region
... international experience in patriotic education. The subject ‘History of West Russia: The Kaliningrad Region’ was taken off the school timetable. The article stresses the need to teach a course on East Prussian history and proposes to treat it as the regional aspect of universal history.
1. Adamov, B. N., Bespalov, V. A., Gal'tsov, V. I. et al., 2011. Bol'shoi entsiklopedicheskii slovar' Kaliningradskoi oblasti [The Big Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Kaliningrad Region] / ed. by V. N. Maslov. Kaliningrad....
Migration trends in the Baltic region states: the spatiotemporal aspect
This article analyses the migration streams in the Baltic Sea region in 1950—2009. The geography of migration movement is considered at the level of state and at the mesolevel. The author assesses the influence of migration on the socioeconomic situation in the region.
1. Kuznetsova, T. Ju. 2009. Geodemograficheskaja ...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... Kaliningradskoj oblasti i ee chastej [The population of the Kaliningrad region. Demographic conditions justify territorial complex schemes of urban development planning in the Kaliningrad region and its parts], Kaliningrad.
11. Khrushchev, S. A. 2010, The ethnic aspects of demographic processes in the Baltic region states, Balt. Reg., no. 2 (6). DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-4-9.
12. Kostyashov, Yu. V. 2009, Sekretnaja istorija Kaliningradskoj oblasti. Ocherki 1945—1956 gg. [The Secret History of the Kaliningrad region. Essays, 1945—1956], Kaliningrad....
The organisational economic aspects of developing the GLONASS system implementation programme in the exclave region of Russia
... study of the applied research approach to the development of the GLONASS system implementation programme in the Kaliningrad region as a coastal territory.
О концепции эффективного использования ... ...
Boronilov A. B.
GLONASS, chain models of satellite information implementation programmes, concept of implementation, economic aspects of system implementation
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... Animitsa, E. G. (ed.), 2008, Region v social'no-jekonomicheskom prostranstve Rossii: analiz, dinamika, mehanizm upravlenija [Region in the socio-economic
space of Russia: analysis, dynamics, control mechanism], Perm.
15. Gareev, T. R. 2009, ekonomicheskoe ... ... institucional'nye aspekty razvitija (na primere OJeZ v Kaliningradskoj oblasti) [Economic zoning: classical and institutional aspects of development (for example, Kaliningrad
SEZ)], Jekonomicheskij vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta (Terra ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
Region, Cooperation and
The Historical Structure of Conflicts in the Baltic Area and the Long — term National Interests of Russia // Knudsen O. F. Stability and Security in the Baltic sea Region, Russian, Nordic and European Aspects.
Empire ottoman, le déclin, la chute, l’effacement,
Edition du Félin.
Politics of the
: Dynamics of Cooperation and Conflict.
The transfer of the ownership of the objects of cultural heritage of the Kaliningrad region to the Russian Orthodox Church: the social and cultural aspects of the conflict
This article focuses on the factors having influenced the formation of the conscious attitude to the past of the Kaliningrad region in the local residents. The author shows that a special regional identity, which developed in the interaction with the unique cultural environment, requires a public discussion as decisions concerning the transfer of the ownership of cultural and ...
Economic aspects of border and coastal regions
Economic aspects of cross-border and coastal regions
Applied aspects of regional economics
The applied aspects of regional economy
Applied aspects of regional economics
Historical aspects of international cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Geopolitical turbulence and its economic and geographical projections: the case of Russia’s western border regions
... article aims to substantiate the concept of geopolitical turbulence in its socio-geographical projection. Special emphasis is made on its manifestations in the territorial organization of society and its structures. The author reveals the most relevant aspects of the territorial restructuring of the Russian economy, which is being influenced by recent geopolitical changes. The author assesses the economic resistance of Russia’s western border regions to geopolitical turbulence. Special attention is paid to the typology of border regions, which is built taking into account the impact of geopolitical turbulence and compensatory measures of state support on regional socio-economic systems. The ...
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
In light of some new aspects of the EU functioning, particularly, the recovery from the 2008-2009 global crisis, transportation and energy development projects are coming to the forefront in the Baltic region. At the same time, there is a need to consider EU’s recent adoption of a common seven-year financial program (2014—2020), which serves, in effect, as the Union’s budget. Given that, one may conclude that the countries of the Baltic region ...
The organisational and economic mechanism for attracting direct foreign investment at the regional level
This article considers the aspects of foreign investment in the region on the basis of a study into the dynamics of foreign direct investment (FDI) and their role in regional economy. The author proposes a model of regional development concept based on FDI attraction.
1. Официальный сайт Правительства ...
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
A higher level of unity and cohesion across the European Union member states is an important aspect of European integration though it has a rather ambiguous nature. The Law on the Common Market, which aims to increase the ... ... that its viability at the political and socio-economic levels depends on a fair distribution of gains among the countries and regions of the Community. These discussions resulted in a considerable increase in funding allocated for the development of the ...
International, Transnational and Cross-border Regions: Features, Peculiarities, Hierarchy
The author analyses the theoretical aspects of international (transnational and cross-border) region notion and considers their peculiarities and hierarchy through the example of the Baltic region.
П., Федоров Г.
Исследования Балтийского региона в РГУ им....
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... for the conservation, reproduction, and promotion of natural, cultural, and historical potential and as a means to boost business activities in border regions. This article summarises international practices and presents the theoretical and practical aspects of designing and developing transboundary tourist routes in the border regions of Russia’s North-West. The author describes successful tourist routes within the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) crossborder cooperation programmes. Particular attention is paid to the routes in the Republic of Karelia ...
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
... Sea. The author discusses the importance of creating a favourable innovation environment in the region for sustainable implementation of the innovative model of economic development. The author assesses the innovation environment in the Kaliningrad region and performs a retrospective analysis of its transformation. Special attention is paid to the institutional aspects of the problem. The author explores constraints and threats to the development of innovation and innovation security of the Kaliningrad region.
1. Белова А. В. Приграничное и трансграничное сотрудничество ...
On the concept of normative evaluation of cost-effectiveness of GLONASS application in coastal regions
.... 3—4, p. 75—80, available at: http://www.mao.kiev.ua/journals/knit_11_3-4_2005.html (accessed 01 September 2011).
4. Boronilov, A. B. 2011, Organizacionno-jekonomicheskie aspekty modelirovanija programmy vnedrenija sistemy GLONASS v jeksklavnom regione Rossii [The organisational economic aspects of developing the GLONASS system implementation programme in the exclave region of Russia], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 3, p. 132—136, doi: 10.5922/2223-2095-2011-3-20, available at: http://journals.kantiana.ru/upload/iblock/d79/qxtcvawfhdbmlygpwe....
Organizational support for the function-object approach to regional development in the systems of strategic management
This article focuses on the basic aspects of organizational support for the function-object approach to regional development in the system of strategic management. The author proposes a mechanism combining the principles of regulation and self-regulation on the basis of application of function-object modeling of regional growth and motivation to achieve ...
Cross-border Cooperation as a Mechanism of Regional Marketing in the Baltic Region
The article offers a pragmatic approach to certain aspects of cross-border regionalisation. The marketing component of Euroregion development and the implementation of cross-border ... ... management. 2002. № 10 (1). Р. 59—60.
5. Anholt S. Competitive identity: The new brand management for nations, cities and regions.
: Palgrave Macmilan, 2007.
6. BSR Interreg IIIB Co-operation Area. URL: http://www.spatial.baltic.net/ programme....
Methodological approaches to scientific maintenance of branch: regional aspect
The authors consider peculiarities and methodological approaches to scientific maintenance of a branch taking as an example the agriculture of the Kaliningrad region being the exclave region of Russia.
С., Дупленко Н.
Предпринимательство региона / под ред. В.
С. Бильчака. Калининград, 2008.
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
... quality-price ratio of the services offered contribute to the growth of competitiveness on the international tourism market. Service standards applied in Lithuania at the international tourism market uphold and improve the image of Lithuania in the Baltic Sea region. The interregional cooperation between Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia in the field of international tourism development is based on the principle of public private partnership. It has been recently acknowledged that the three Baltic States form ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... Baltic Sea: Evolution of Exclavity and Ways to Overcome It, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 86—97. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2009-2-11.
18. Lomakina, A. I. 2013, Social'no-ekonomicheskie aspekty primorskogo polozhenija kanadskoj provincii Kvebek [Socio-economic aspects of the seaside position Canadian province of Quebec], Izvestiya RAN. Seriya Geograficheskaya [Regional Research of Russia], no. 3, p. 14—25.
19. Melnik, D. A. 2012, O ponjatii mezhdunarodnogo transportnogo regiona [On the concept of international transport region], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 149—153.
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... number of nature management conflicts at the regional and local levels and creates problems for using advanced international experience in problem solving. This study aims to establish a methodology for a comprehensive assessment of the Kaliningrad region’s territory according to the degree of landscape vulnerability to the anthropogenic impact in spatial and temporal aspects. In practical terms, this study demonstrates the possibility of introducing environmental approaches into the system of regional spatial planning in view of the geoecological, economic, geographical, and historical factors. The key result of this ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
.... 2012, Metodicheskie osnovy sravnitel'noj ocenki nauchno-tehnicheskogo potenciala Rossii i ES: regional'nyj i mezhdunarodnyj aspekty [The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of scientific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects], Balt. reg., no. 4, p. 22—38. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-4-2.
4. Voronov, V. V. 2012, Ocenka i faktory rosta innovacionnoj konkurentosposobnosti regionov Latvii [The evaluation and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian ...
Transboundary spatial planning in the Baltic Sea Region
The article explores the development of the transboundary spatial planningn as the key aspects of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea region.
Давидов Д., Чекалина Т.
Калининград: плюсы и минусы эксклавности // Космополис. 2008. №
2(21). С. 144.
Использование сетевого ...
Cultural and landscape zoning in the North- West Russia
... seminar "Cultural Landscape"], Moscow.
8. Manakov, А. G., Evdokimov, S. I. and Grigorieva, N. V. 2010, Zapadnoe porubezh'e Rossii: geograficheskie aspekty stanovlenija i razvitija Pskovskogo regiona [Porubezhe western Russia: geographical aspects of the formation and development of the Pskov region], Pskov.
9. Manakov, А. G. 2002, Geokul'turnoe prostranstvo severo-zapada Russkoj
ravniny: dinamika, struktura, ierarhija [Geo-cultural north-west of the Russian
Plain: dynamics, structure, hierarchy], Pskov.
10. Alexandrov, V. А. (ed.). 1967,...
Сompetitive environment, business activity, and consumer sentiment: the regional aspect
The methodological issues of assessing regional competition, business activity, and consumer confidence are considered as part of a study of regional competitive environment. The results of an analysis of national and international practices in assessing parameters describing competition, ...