On the problem of cultural reference of proverbs (the Russian proverbs with images of clothing)
This article explores proverbs as signs that preserve, transfer, and develop meanings rooted in the ethnic culture. The author investigates the ways cultural semantics is expressed in proverbs featuring clothing items. Another focus is the ways to refer to garment elements....
The anagrammatic game in proverbs and sayings: Russian and English analogues
This article investigates the mechanisms and forms of anagrammatic game in Russian and English proverbs and sayings and describes its functionality. The author offers a comparative typology of anagrammatic game forms and analyses examples of the phenomenon.
. Анаграмма // Литературный энциклопедический ...
Concept “colour” (white): based on Russian and German proverbs
The article deals with symbolic and axiological conceptual characteristics of the white colour in Russian proverbs. The author shows the ethnic relevance of this colour term. Russian proverbs are compared to German folk set expressions.
Семантическая структура слова
// Вопросы ...
Russian and Latvian proverbs and sayings on sin
This article examines the semantic scope of the notions of «грех / grēks» as fundamental ones in Russian and Latvian worldviews. Russian and Latvian proverbs and sayings help identify the basic, universal ideas about sin, as well as particular, national ones. The author comes to a conclusion that the Russian mentality — unlike the Latvian one — reflects the interaction and partial interference ...
«Only when asleep you feel alive»: life and death in the Russian linguocultural consciousness (based on Russian proverbs and sayings)
The article describes the set of maxims, revealing the attitude to life and death, typical for the Russian linguistic-cultural consciousness, on the basis of Russian proverbs and sayings. The author explains the specificity of these maxims, and provides an additional interpretation of several examples. In conclusion, the author explains the reasons for the general sense of pessimism of the Russians and reveals the ...
Intelligence in the Russian linguistic consciousness
This study focuses on Russian proverbs and sayings containing judgments relating to intellectual activities. Paremiological units are described using frame semantics methods. Research results are interpreted based on the theory of evolutionary epistemology. The study makes it possible ...
The Riddle as an Object of Linguistic Research
... structure of the riddle: Non-metaphorical transformations of the meaning]. Moscow.
5. Kenges-Maranda, E., 1978. Logic of riddles. In: G. L. Permyakov, ed. Paremiologicheskii sbornik. Poslovitsa. Zagadka (Struktura, smysl, tekst) [Paremiological collection. Proverb. Riddle (Structure, meaning, text)]. Moscow, pp. 249—282.
6. Kovshova, M. L., 2015. Idiom and riddle. Mysteriousness of the idiom. In: V. Dem’yankov, E. Pozdnyakova, eds. Kognitivnye issledovaniya yazyka. Lingvisticheskie tekhnologii v gumanitarnykh ...
Gender studies in Russian linguistics
Gender studies in Russian linguistics largely depend on the development of linguistics and society. Instances of sexism in the Russian language are associated with the level of grammar and observed in proverbs and gender clichés. The author examines differences in communicative styles characteristic of women and men in oral and written speech and consider cases of gender predetermination of language.
1. Вежбицкая А. Язык. Культура....
A major principle of Indo-European poetry or arbitrary etymologising? A review of modern international publications on anagrams in the cultures of Ancient East and Antiquity
... Starobinski J. Lettres et syllabes mobiles. Complément à la lecture des Cahiers d’anagrammes de Ferdinand de Saussure // Littérature. 1995. Vol. 99. P. 7—18.
19. Viellard S. Paronymes, anagrammes et paragrammes dans les premiers recueils de proverbes russes // Revue des etudes slaves. 2004. Vol. 75, № 1. Р. 69—79.
20. Wolff E. Les jeux de langage dans l’Antiquité romaine // Bulletin de l’Association Guillaume Budé. 2001. Vol. 1, № 3. Р. 317—334.
21. Wunderli P. Ferdinand ...
The Concept of Soul: A Comparative Study of the Russian and the Armenian Pictures of the World
8. Akopyan, A. and Ter-Antonyants, E., 1986. Russko-armyanskii shkol’nyi frazeologicheskii slovar’ [Russian-Armenian schools phraseological dictionary]. Erevan.
9. Savina, E. A. and Degtyareva, L. Yu., 2001. Life psychology in russian proverbs and sayings. Chelovek [Human], 5, pp. 33—35.
10. Sepir, E., 1993. Izbrannye trudy po yazykoznaniyu i kul’turologii [Selected works on linguistics and kul'turology]. Moscow.
11. Stepanov, Yu. S., 2004. Konstanty. Slovar’ russkoi kul’tury ...
Some aspects of time verbalisation in the English and Russian languages
... Linguistics. 2005. Vol. 41, № 1. P. 33—75.
31. Haspelmath M. From space to time. Temporal Adverbials in the World’s Languages.München, 1997.
32. Lakoff G., Turner M. More than cool reason. Chicago ; L., 1989.
33. Mieder W. Dictionary of American proverbs. N. Y. ; Oxford, 1992.
34. Pérez Hernández L. Metaphor-based cluster models and conceptual interaction:the case of 'time' // Atlantis. 2001. Vol. 23, № 2. P. 65—81.
35. Radden G. Time is space // Human contact through language ...
Reframing paroemias of the coronavirus discourse
... kul'tura. [Philology and culture]. 2013. № 3. рр. 79—85. (in Russ.).
Kovshova, M. L., 2019. Lingvokul'turologicheskij analiz idiom, zagadok, poslovic i pogovorok: antroponimicheskij kod kul'tury. [Linguoculturological analysis of idioms, riddles, Proverbs and sayings: anthroponymic code of culture], Moscow, 400 р. (in Russ.).
Krasina, Ye. A., 2016. Discourse, utterance and speech act. Vestnik Rossiyskogo universiteta druzhby narodov. Seriya: Lingvistika [Bulletin of the Peoples' Friendship University ...