The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... the Federal State Statistics Service, 2015, available at:
13. Sebentsov, A. B., Zotova, M. V. 2013, Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development, Bal. Reg., no. 4 (18), p. 113-131. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-4-8.
14. Stepanova, S. V. 2014, Cross-border tourism in the Russian Northwest: general trends and features of development, Bal. Reg., no 3 (21), p. 109—121. DOI: 10.5922/2074-9848-2014-3-10....
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... resursov i planirovanie obrazovanija [Human resource development and education planning], Perspektivy. Voprosy obrazovanija [Prospects. Education Matters], Vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 9—26.
37. Sherry, N. S., Simaeva, I. N. 2010, Strategija razvitija obrazovanija v regione Rossijskoj Federacii [Education development strategy in the region of the Russian Federation], Kaliningrad, Izdatelstvo Изд-во Immanuel Kant State University of Russia, 222 p.
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
The relevance of this research is related to the increasing role of tourism in the world in general and in border areas in particular. This article sets out to identify the problems and prospects of the development of cross-border cooperation in tourism between Russia and European countries. The authors focus on the scientific and theoretical aspects of cross-border cooperation and examine the role of tourism, and recreational potential and its effective ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
....lt/news/politics/butkyavichyus-udivlen-zayavleniem-prezidenta-estoniiob-aes.d?id=60103417 (accessed 11.12.2013).
10. Tarasov, A. V. 2005, Sovremennoe sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija jadernoj jenergetiki v regione Baltijskogo morja [Current state and prospects of development of nuclear power in the Baltic Sea Region], Sbornik tezisov dokladov VIII Mezhdunarodnoj molodezhnoj nauchnoj konferencii Poljarnoe sijanie 2005. Jadernoe budushhee:
bezopasnost', jekonomika i pravo [Abstracts of the VIII International Youth ...
The prospects of entrepreneurship in the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region
The article offers an analytical review of the prospects for the formation of new hi-tech markets in the Baltic Sea region with the participation of small and medium businesses. In view of the essential features of entrepreneurship, its prospects in the development and implementation of innovations seem to be quite attractive. However, in the current economic context, growth requires special measures. The authors analyse the measures taken by the European Union and individual countries in order to strengthen ...
The assessment of the influence of energy industries on the economic development prospects and the social environment of the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
This article offers the results of research conducted in the Kaliningrad region in the framework of the "Development of Russian Energy Sector: Social and Environmental Consequences and Prospects" network project by the Centre for Advanced Studies and Education. The authors assess the structure of regional energy sector and its influence on the economy according to key parameters. The article analyses the social effect of energy ...
The Policy of Regional Convergence in Russia-Belarus integration: Prospects for Development
... the principles of their economic and political rapprochement and offers models of convergence as well as prerequisites for them. The article examines the principles that determine the participation of a country in international integration as well as prospects for the further development of the regional economic and political mechanisms, which are being formed
1. Belstat: Export and import with the certain countries in January-July, 2016, available at:
The assessment of labour demand of Russian economy in view of the prospective regional socio-economic development
... international workforce requires a clear and intelligible scheme outlining the needs of Russian regions for additional inflow of migrant workers. It is necessary to take into account both the contemporary socioeconomic situation in the regions and their prospective opportunities for accelerated transition
to innovative development. The article offers a system of indices and a scheme of the assessment of Russian economy's labor demand. With the help of the methodology developed, the constituent entities of the Russian Federation are ranked on the basis of priority of engaging qualified migrants in the innovation ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
...?RIxxrlkuigylr;xqol!xlyo (accessed 6 January 2012).
6. Zverev, Yu. M., Batorshina, I. A., Megem, M.Ye. 2011, Nauchno-tehnologicheskoe razvitie Litvy i perspektivy sotrudnichestva v innovacionnoj sfere mezhdu Litvoj i Rossijskoj [The research and technology development in Lithuania and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation], Balt. reg., no. 2, p. 55—63. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-6.
7. Klemeshev, A. P. 2011, Sravnitel'naja ocenka innovacionnogo potenciala stran Baltijskogo regiona [A ...
The military and political situation in the Baltic region in the late 20th/early 21st centuries: the prospects of ‘uneasy peace’
In this article, we consider the development of international relations in the Baltic region in the late 20th/early 21st centuries. This study aims to analyse the security prospects of the Baltic region in view of the changes in the overall geopolitical situation in Europe and in the relations between Russia and its closest neighbours and the leading NATO countries. We examine the ideas and forecasts of international and ...
Transformation of global value chains in Russia and the Baltics amid Covid-19: prospects for regionalization and implications for economic policy
... Relations in Light of Sanctions and Russia´s Import Measures, Diplomaatia, available at:
(accessed 6 August 2020).
30. Morozenkova, О. V. 2019, Prospects for the development of Russian exports of non-primary non-energy products in new markets, Rossiiskii vneshneekonomicheskii vestnik [Russian Foreign Economic Bulletin], no. 9, p. 44—60 (In Russ.).
31. Efremenko, I. N., Karaya, Y. V. 2013, Development of integration processes ...
The features and prospects of programming as a basis for the development of research in Russia
This article considers the aspects of programming evolution and the features and prospects of applying this tool in the modern economic conditions. The author makes suggestion regarding the improvement of national research management.
1. О федеральной целевой программе «Научные и научно-педагогические ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
.... Results of 2012], 2013, no. 9, Moscow, p. 26 available at: vid1.rian. ru/ig/ratings/electroenergy9.pdf (accessed 31 March 2013).
25. Prytkov, А. Т., Igumnov, P. V. 2012, Perspektivy razvitija jeksporta jelektrojenergii iz Rossijskoj Federacii [Prospects for the development of electricity export from the Russian Federation], Vlast' i upravlenie na Vostoke Rossii [Power and control in Eastern Russia], no. 3, p. 38—47, available at: www. dvags.ru/downLoad/rio/j2012—3/6.doc (accessed 31 March 2013).
26. Rossija mozhet ...
Current problems in Russian-Latvian relations
Current relations between Russia and Latvia are still influenced by a series of mutual claims that appeared after the demise of the USSR. Latvia — as well as Estonia ... ... state. However, unlike the above mentioned countries, its relations with Russia are developing at a more pragmatic level. Numerous political differences often result in... ... razvitija [The economic model of the Baltic states. Origins, contemporary content, prospects], 2011, available at: http://www.regnum.ru/news/polit/1320221.html (accessed...
The research and technology development in Lithuania and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation
This article focuses on the present state and prospects of research and technology development in Lithuania. The authors focus on the main competitive innovation spheres (information technologies, biotechnologies, special purpose laser technologies) and analyse the principal lines of innovation policy and strategy. The article presents ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
... Korneevets, V. S. 2012, Transportnyj klaster kak variant razvitija transportnogo kompleksa [A transport cluster as a variant of transport complex development], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 144—149.
25. Vylegzhanina, U. 2013, Otlozhennyj platezh ... ...
26. Kachevskaya, М. 2013, OEZ Kaliningradskoj oblasti: perspektivy vyzhivanija v novyh uslovijah [SEZ Kaliningrad region: prospects for survival in the new environment], Torgovo-promyshlennye vedomosti [Commerce and Industry News], 2 September, available ...
Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel
This article deals with the issues pertinent to the EU — Russia visa dialogue — one of the major areas of cooperation between the two partners. The article aims to identify the main problems of this dialogue, as well as prospects for the introduction of a visa-free regime between the EU and Russia. The authors provide a historical overview of cooperation ... ... Zasedanie Dialoga Rossija-ES na temu: «Migracija i razvitie» [Meeting of the EU-Russia dialogue on the topic "Migration and Development"], 2012, available at: http://www.fms.gov.ru/press/news/news_detail.php?ID=54243 (accessed 10 February 2013)....
Inclusive education in Russia and the Baltic countries: a comparative analysis
In this study, we examine the current state and prospects of inclusive education for learners with special needs and disabilities in the countries of the Baltic region (Poland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Norway, and Russia). We present a SWOT analysis of the development of inclusive education in different countries and analyse its strengths and weaknesses, risks, threats, and challenges ...
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
Economic development models are crucial for understanding historical progress of countries and in forecasting their future economic prospects. The Nordic countries are connected with the Baltics through culture, history, politics, and economy. These states have a common interest of ensuring stability, security, and welfare in the Baltic region. This article strives to answer the ...
Competence in social assistance: analysis of the expectations of young people
The article describes the results of empirical research of the system of ex-pectations that are associated with a person ... ... formation by enhancing global social identity, the prediction of personal and social development.
1. Баскаева О. В. Самосбывающееся пророчество... ... Р. 285—298.
10. Brown N., Michael M. A sociology of expectations: retrospecting prospects and prospecting retrospects // Technology Analysis and Strategic Management...
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
This article presents an inventory and a typology of the existing and emerging economic clusters in the coastal zone of the European part ... ... comprise geopolitical risks and institutional barriers. It is shown that the potential and prospects of transboundary clustering are affected by both global integration and disintegration... ... M., Kuznetsova T. Yu., Razumovskii V. M. 2017, How the Proximity of the Sea Affects Development of Economy and the Settlement Pattern in Kaliningrad Oblast, Regional Research...
Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
... regionologicheskii zhurnal, no. 19, p. 97—112. (In Russ.)
2. Kuznetsova, Т. Yu. 2009, Geodemograficheskaya obstanovka v stranakh Baltiiskogo makroregiona: problemy i perspektivy [Geo-demographic situation in the Baltic macro-region: problems and prospects], Kaliningrad, 158 p. (In Russ.)
3. Kuznetsova, Т. Yu. 2013, Trends and factors of demographic development in the Baltic region: Regional Analysis, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 3 (41), p. 50—57. (In Russ.)
4. Kuznetsova, Т. Yu. 2008, Territorial differentiation of demographic development in the regions of the Baltic Sea,...
The prospects of nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor of the formation of international relations system in the region
..., 2012, Biznes Baltija [Business Baltic], available at: http://www. bb. lv/bb/LV/11529/ (accessed 17 December 2012).
8. Tarasov A. V. Sovremennoe sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija jadernoj jenergetiki v regione Baltijskogo morja [Current state and prospects of development of nuclear power in the region of the Baltic Sea], Sbornik tezisov dokladov VIII Mezhdunarodnoj molodezhnoj nauchnoj konferencii «Poljarnoe sijanie 2005 «Jadernoe budushhee: bezopasnost', jekonomika i pravo» [Abstracts of the VIII International ...
Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States
The relevance of the study lies in the acute need to modernise the tools for a more accurate and comparable ... ... different scales. This article aims to test the methods of “demographic rankings” developed by Yermakov and Shmakov. The method is based on the principles of indirect... ..., nalogi, pravo [Economy, taxes, the law], no. 4, p. 18—22.
10. World population prospects, the 1995 revision, available at: http://esa.un.org/wpp/1995 (accessed: 01...
On the indicators of sustainable territorial development
This article offers an overview of indicators proposed for the use at different territorial levels, including sustainable development indicators. The author emphasizes the prospects of the process of obtaining an integral sustainable development indicator.
1. Глазовский Н. Ф. Десять лет после Рио — итоги и перспективы перехода к устойчивому развитию ...
The historical aspects and current issues of the development of Russian-Lithuanian economic relations
... nsf/ZUstrana/58A7F3F65D1AA09EC325758200330E25?opendocument (accessed 8 September 2012).
27. Litva. Obzor torgovyh otnoshenij s RF jeksport v Litva [Lithuania. Review of trade relations with Russia exports to Lithuania], Integrated Foreign Economic Information Portal, available at: http://www.... ... 14—19.
Kretinin Gennady, Fedorov Gennady
Lithuania, Russia, economy, relations, market, crisis, agriculture, industry, prospects, development
Lithuanian energy policy in 1990—2009 and the prospects of its development until 2020
This article considers the key stages of Lithuanian energy evolution since 1990 and the factors that affected the strategy of Lithuanian energy sector development in the period of preparation and accession to the European Union. The author offers the estimations and general strategic recommendations regarding national energy policy, which were developed by the specialists of the Lithuanian Energy Institute....
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
... 2008. The energy and entropy in the grounds of the humanism. Vilnius.
32. Skeivalas, J. 2008. Theory and practice of GPS networks. Vilnius.
33. Jarašūnienė, A. 2008. Intelligent transport systems. Vilnius.
34. Butkevičius, J. 2008. The effect of Lithuania's entry into the European Union on the national transport system and the transport system development. Vilnius.
35. Gaile-Sarkane, E. (et al). 2008. New European challenges for small business prospective. Riga.
36. Pruskus, V. 2008. Social catholicism in Lithuania: Epoch's challenges and response trajectories (the second half of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century). Vilnius.
37. Kačerauskas, T. 2008. Reality and creation: ...
Russian Population Ethnic Structure: Trends and Transformations
... in the cities of the USSR and some
problems in their study], Sovetskaja jetnografija [Soviet ethnography], March-April, no. 5, p. 3—15.
8. Sokolovsky, S. V. 2004, Perspektivy razvitija koncepcii jetnonacional'noj politiki v Rossijskoj Federacii [Prospects of development of the concept of ethnic policy of the Russian Federation], Moscow.
9. Social'nyj atlas regionov Rossii: jetnicheskij sostav naselenija [Social Atlas of Russian Regions: the ethnic composition of the population], Nezavisimyj institut social'-
On the potential and opportunities for cooperation between the Baltics in the field of innovations
... and describe its mechanisms.
1. Zverev, Yu. М., Batorshina, I. А., Megem, М. Ye. 2011, Nauchnotehnologicheskoe razvitie Litvy i perspektivy sotrudnichestva v innovacionnoj sfere mezhdu Litvoj i Rossijskoj Federaciej [The research and technology development in
Lithuania and the prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation], Baltijskij region [Baltic Region], no. 2 (8), p. 55—63. doi:10.5922/2074-9848-2011-2-6
2. Leitsin, V. N., Dmitriyeva, М. А. 2011, O perspektivah vzaimodejstvija ...
Cross-Border Cooperation in the Kaliningrad region: Problems and Prospects
Since the accession of Poland and Lithuania to the EU, the nature, forms and content of their border cooperation with the Kaliningrad region have ... ... varied experience of the participation of the Kaliningrad region in the IN-TERREG Programme contributed to the socio-economic development of the region. The new financial tools should be linked to the regional development strategies of the neighboring ...
Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... clusters — an instrument for shaping corporate strategy], Prometej [Prometheus], no. 2 (35), p. 195—199.
28. Segedin, V. N. 2011, Perspektivy razvitija transgranichnyh sistem predprinimatel'stva v sovremennoj Rossii: avtoref. dis. kand. jekon. nauk [Prospects for the development of cross-border business systems in modern Russia: summary of dis... candidate of economic sciences], Volgograd, Voronezh State Technical University, 27 p.
29. Tereshin, Ye. М., Volodin, V. М. 2010, Sovremennaja definicija ponjatija «klaster» i podhody ...
The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of sci¬entific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects
... Petersburg, Nauka, 560 p.
11. Matveykin, V. G., Dvoretskij, S. I., Min'ko, L. V., Tarov, V. P. Chainikova, L. N., Letunova, О. I. (ed.), 2007, Innovacionnyj potencial: sovremennoe sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija [Innovation potential: current state and prospects of development], Moscow, “Izdatel'stvo Mashinostroenie-1”, 284 p.
12. Kazantsev, А. K., Leora, S. N., Nikitina, I. А., Rubvalter, D. А., Firsova, S. А. Regional'nye nauchno-tehnologicheskie kompleksy Rossii: indikatory ocenki i metodika sravnitel'nogo ...
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
This article considers the current state and prospective development of the amber industry in the Baltic Sea region. The authors identify the main obstacles to the industry’s development in Russia — poor pricing mechanisms for raw amber, an imbalance between supply and demand, a slow pace of technological modernisation,...
Developing and testing a balanced scorecard for a trading company
... performance indicators, building strategic map charts, identifying goals and planning relevant measures, and assessing the efficiency of such measures.
1. Каплан Р. С., Нортон Д. П. Сбалансированная система показателей.... ... сбалансированной системы показателей. М., 2008.
balanced scorecard, trading company, development stages, goals, prospects, key performance indicators, testing results
"The Baltic University" programme on the eve of its 20th anniversary
This article is dedicated to the Baltic University programme — a unique educational project aiming at the sustainable development of the Baltic Sea region. International interuniversity cooperation facilitates intercultural communication between students and researchers, and creates new prospects for joint research, which opens up an opportunity for solving common environmental and social problems in the Baltic Sea region.
Ionov Viktor, Kropinova Yelena
the Baltic University programme, an educational project, interuniversity cooperation,...
Social capital: a threat of negative application
The author justifies a conceptual provision that social capital can be composed of not only positive but also negative elements. Most researchers, including economists, sociologists, and psychologists stress the importance of the formation and development of human capital in modern society. However, they focus on the positive content and application. Without rejecting ... ... (дата обращения: 31.08.2019).
23. Putnam R. The Prosperous Community. Social Capital and Public Life // The American Prospect. 1993. Vol. 4. URL:
munity-socialcapital-and-public-life (дата обращения: ...
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... problemy prigranichij [The category of "identity" in the context of the borderland], Mir psihologii [World of Psychology], no. 1, p.137—151.
14. Sebentsov, A., Zotova, M. 2013, Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development, Balt. Reg., no. 4 (18), p. 81—94. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-4-8.
15. Obshhestvennoe mnenie — 2009 [Public Opinion — 2009], Moscow, Levada Center, 208 p.
16. Obshhestvennoe mnenie — 2012 [Public Opinion — 2012], Moscow, Levada ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
This study undertakes a contextual analysis of economic and legal risks associated with investment in the Kaliningrad region. The ... ... minimising such risks in order to enhance the region’s attractiveness and to solve development problems. PPP has never been studied as a means to minimise regional investment... ... rossijskie perspektivy [Public-private partnerships: international experience and Russian prospects], Moscow, 576 p. (in Russ.)
32. Salikhov, Kh. M., Zverev, A. A. (ed.) 2011...
Post-Soviet space in contemporary curricula and cooperation projects
This article analyzes the current situation and prospects of the post-Soviet themes research in Russian higher education in the Humanities. The problem is considered in the context of the modernization of the national education, integration processes in the former Soviet Union, globalization and the development of international cooperation.
Guschin Alexander, Levchenkov Andrei
countries of the Baltic Sea region, interdisciplinary ...
Estimating the Development of the Latvian - Estonian - Russian Transboundary Tourism and Recreation Region
... Euroregion was established across the borders of Estonia, Latvia and Russia (the Pskov region). Tourism became a cooperation priority in the Euroregion. This necessitated research on the local tourism and recreation areas. This study aims to estimate the development prospects of transboundary microregions which have been identified by the authors within the Latvian-Estonian-Russian tourism and recreation mesoregion. The authors employ ten additional criteria proposed in the general conception of transboundary tourism and recreation ...
International education fora as a factor for strengthening global cooperation in the Humanities
The article is devoted to the development of new forms of international cooperation in education, such as international fora of rectors of universities and faculties of Humanities. Such fora are regarded as an innovative form of inter-university cooperation, which opens new prospects and opportunities for cooperation in education, science and culture.
forum, arts education, educational ...
The innovative aspects of the fishing fleet development in the Russian exclave region
... Jekonomika rybnoj promyshlennosti [Economics of Fisheries], Moscow, VO «Agropromizdat».
3. Sysoev, N. P. 1992, Rybnoe hozjajstvo SSSR i Rossii (za 1990—1991 gg. —sostojanie i perspektivy) [Fisheries of the USSR and Russia (1990—1991 — Status and prospects)], Moscow, VNIJeRH.
4. Ivchenko, V. V. 2010, Gorizonty morehozjajstvennogo razvitija rossijskogo jeksklava (ot stagnacii k vozrozhdeniju) [Horizons of marine economic development of the Russian exclave (from stagnation to recovery)], Kaliningrad, RGU im. I. Kanta.
Ivchenko Vladislav, Teplitsky Vladimir
fishing fleet, fishing enterprises, innovative development, marine fisheries, exclave region of Kaliningrad Region
Ensuring the proportional development of the strategic areas of coastal specialisation
... conditions of the system uncertainty of integrated coastal interaction. To this end, it is suggested that a balanced scorecard system identifying the possibility of aligning such decisions and maintaining the synergy effect in the chosen directions of prospective ratio development is applied.
1. Теория систем и системный анализ в управлении организациями : справочник; учеб. пособие / под ред. В. Н. Волковой, А. А. Емельянова....
The use of renewable energy sources in the Kaliningrad region: Current state and prospects
This paper examines the current condition and development prospects of the fuel and energy industry of the Kaliningrad region specified in regional programmes. The authors compare the potentials of different renewable energy sources and provide information on the exploitation of different renewable energy objects in the ...
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
This article addresses the issue of visa liberalisation between Russia and the European Union, which constitutes a key ... ... form of interaction in the field of visa regime simplification and border territory development. An assessment of the positions of key negotiators shows that local border... ... de/a-5724846 (accessed 29.08.2014).
5. Voinikov, V., Korneev, O. 2013, Problems and prospects of EU — Russia dialogue on visa-free travel, Balt. Reg., no. 3 (17), p....
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
This article addresses the issues pertaining to the adoption and development of legislation on irregular migration in the context of uncontrolled growth in the number of immigrants from North Africa and ... ... East to the EU. The article attempts at studying the EU legislation on irregular migration, classifying it, and analysing the prospects of EU migration legislation in the light of an increase in irregular immigration into the EU. The author systematises,...
Opportunities for eco-tourism development in the Kaliningrad Region (focusing on the pilot Russian part of the territory adjacent to the Vistula (Kaliningrad) and the Curonian Lagoons)
This article provides information about the potential of the Kaliningrad region in eco-tourism, obstacles and prospects for the development of natureoriented types of tourism. It presents the areas with the highest potential for eco-tourism and a list and a map of the most important sites on the South-East coast of the Baltic Sea (Russian part). The research emphasizes "Curonean Spit" ...
The text in the context of the Tartu Semiotic School: problems and prospects
In this article, I discuss problems associated with the emergence and development of the concept of text, which is central to the Tartu-Moscow Semiotic School (TMS). The first problem is the interrelation between ... ... A series of linguistic.]. Tartu: TGU. pp. 30—63 (in Russ.).
Zolyan, S. T., 2016. Yuri Lotman on the text: Ideas, problems, prospects. Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie [New Literary Review], 3(139), pp. 63—96 (in Russ.).
Zolyan, S. T., Chernov, I. A....