Estonian Political Parties in the mid-2010s
The article provides an analysis of political party system of the Republic of Estonia in the mid-2010s. The analysis is based on the works of Moris Duverger. As one might expect, the establishment of proportionate electoral system in Estonia has resulted in the formation of a multi-party system, in which ...
Supranational party system of the EU
....12 Politicheskie nauki [Bulletin of Moscow University. Ser.12 Political Science], no. 6, p. 48—55.
6. Kotta, M. 2012, Politicheskie eliti i stanovlenie politicheskoi sistemi na primere Evropeiskogo soyuza [Political elites and the formation of the political system on the example of the European Union], Sravnitelnaya politika [Comparative Politics], no 3, p. 24—45.
7. Lafitskii,V. I. 2005, Vibori v Evropeiskii parlament [Elections to the European parliament], Jurnal rossiiskogo prava [Journal of Russian ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... transformation. The stabilisation of elite formation processes in Lithuania, the assessment of patterns and trends, the identification of power centres and the character of intra-elite interaction, and a profound understanding of the functioning of Lithuanian political system in general will allow Russia to formulate a more efficient policy towards the Baltic States, which would promptly respond to emerging challenges.
1. Agh, A. 1998, The Politics of Central Europe, London, Thousand Oaks, New Delhi.
2. Almond, G....
Party system nationalization in Estonia
... there are ‘Estonian’ and ‘Russian’ parties in the country. The analysis of the outcomes of four local and four parliamentary elections that took place in Estonia in 2005—2019 shows that by the mid-2000s Estonia achieved a considerable level of political party system nationalization at both national and local levels. At the national level, political party system nationalization remained high in 2007—2019 despite significant changes in the country’s political party system. At the local level, however, political ...
Different forms of parliamentarism and the factors determining the variations
... as the scope of so called delegated legislation.In contemporary parliamentary democracies aspirations to strengthen executives can be observed.
1. Antoszewski, А. 1999. Studies on Political Theories, Vol. 1.
2. Antoszewski, А., Herbut, R. 2006. Political Systems of Contemporary Europe.Warszawa.
3. Czajowski, A. 2000. Political Theory Studies, Vol. 3.
4. Skrzydło, W. 1997. French Constitution, introduction and translation. Warszawa.Art. 20. P. 40.
5. Gulczyński, M. 2004. Panorama of Political Systems ...
Territorial-political and regional geopolitical systems: correlation of concepts
The article examines the notions of ‘territorial political system’ and ‘regional geopolitical system' as well as a correlation between them from the viewpoint of the socalled activity-based geospatial approach. A regional geopolitical system includes geopolitical relations between the states within the region ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
... In other words, the EU and NATO can provide smaller states not only with economic and military resources but also legitimation ‘resources’ using their prestige to support the belief of local residents that there is no alternative to the current political system of social organisation. Legitimacy deficit increases the risks of a rift between political elites in the Baltic States, which can become a prologue to a deep political crisis. In these conditions, compensatory mechanisms cannot be considered as ...
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... ir administravimas, no. 29, p. 28—39.
19. Steen, A. 1997, The New Elites in the Baltic States: Recirculation and Change, Scandinavian Political Studies, Bind 20 (New Series), no. 1, p. 91—112.
20. The New Democracies in Eastern Europe: Party Systems and Political Cleavages, 1994, Aldershot.
network analysis, political elites, Republic of Poland
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
... political process. A number of meth¬ods, including the historical and structural functional analyses and the system ap¬proach are used in the study. The central hypothesis is that, as a political project, Intermarium reflects an important part of the systemic features of Eastern Europe as a political region. However, it is not identical to the region in terms of its geography or political regionalism. The anti-Russian sentiment of the Intermarium project is dominant. Yet, it is not immanent in this group of concepts. Reformatting the Inter¬marium ...
The system of financing political parties in Latvia
... article considers the mechanism of financing of political parties in the Republic of Latvia. The author analyses the participation of financial and economic groups in the country’s political life. Key business actors affecting the formation of Latvian political system are identified. It is concluded that, since regaining independence in 1991, business has been a principal source of financing for Latvian political parties. The scope of financing of political parties in the republic depends on the intensity of ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... the Baltics through the lens of the ethnic factor. By applying the ethnopolitical approach, the author concludes that the de facto barriers to non-titular population groups entering power structures, which exist in Latvia and Estonia, “freeze” the system of elite recruitment. In the conditions of increasing social unrest, it may have an adverse effect on the overall political stability in these countries. The results obtained can be used for research, educational, and practical purposes. In the field of research and education, they can be employed in further research on the transformation of the elite structure in ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... symbols of political language. To identify the metamorphoses of PD and to understand their genesis, the author investigates the main features of and transformations in the cognitive mechanism of PD and traces the emergence of the isomorphism of semiotic systems characteristic of politics/authorities and mass culture. These processes cause the semantic space of PD to embrace mass culture referents.
1. Apresyan, Yu. D., 1966. Idei i metody sovremennoi strukturnoi lingvistiki (kratkii ocherk) [Ideas and methods of modern structural ...
On the development of the parliamentarianism institution in Poland
... important issue of development of parliamentarianism in post-authoritarian countries through the case of Poland. Having passed several stages of constitutional changes and political crises caused by the situation of political infighting, the Polish political system has reached sustainability, which ensures its effective functioning.
1. Керимов А. Д. Понимание парламентаризма и перспективы его развития в России // Гражданин и право....
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Institute. Budapest, available at:
23. Rol' malykh partii v partiino-politicheskoi sisteme Germanii: doklady Instituta Evropy [The role of small parties in the party political system of Germany: reports of the Institute of Europe], 2015, Moscow, Institute of Europe, RAS, p. 88. (In Russ.)
24. Timoshenkova, Е. П. 2015, The party political system of Germany after the elections to the Bundestag: the main development trends (2014—2015),...
A ‘divided history’: the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia in the light of current discussions
... zerkale istoricheskoj pamjati [Empire and the nation as a mirror of historical memory], Moscow, p. 45—74.
5. Karpenko, А. M. 2011, «Mesto pamjati» v sisteme politicheskih koordinat: sluchaj Kaliningradskoj oblasti ["Place of memory" in the system of political coordinates: The case of the Kaliningrad region], Daugiareikšmės tapatybės tarpuerdvėse: Rytų Prūsijos atvejis XIX–XX amžiais. Acta Historica Universitatis Klaipedensis, T. 23. Klaipėda, p. 234—252.
6. Koposov, N. Е. 2011, Pamjat' ...
The transformation of the Swedish political party system in the late 20th/early 21st century
This article studies the process of transformation of the Swedish political party system in the 1980s. The study aims to develop a typology of the Swedish political party system before and after the transformation processes commenced. The article identifies the key prerequisites for such transformation: the crisis of social democracy ...
The features of the genesis of modern Lithuanian multiparty system
... formation of the modern Lithuanian multi-party system. The author pays attention to the role of confrontation between the social and political movement „Sajudis» and the Communist party of the Lithuanian SSR in the formation of the bipolar party system based on the ideological confrontation between the two dominant political parties — the Lithuanian Democratic Labour Party and the Homeland Union.
1. Сокольский С. От гражданских движений к политическим партиям (Россия и страны Вышеградской ...
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... Axis of Bad Boys, The Independent, February 8.
17. Kirk, R. 1985, The Conservative Mind: from Burke to Eliot, Washington.
18. McDonald, M. 2010, "Lest We Forget": The Politics of Memory and Australian Military Intervention, International Political Sociology, Vol. 4, no. 3, September, p. 287—302.
19. Needham, R. 1978, Primordial Characters, Charlottesville.
20. Ouellet, J. 2004, Authority, Trade and Ideas: Using Systems Theory to Understand Borders and Identity. In: Khudoley, K., Lanko, D. (ed.), Borders, Identities and Nationalism: Understanding the Relationship, St. Petersburg, p. 16—37.
21. Waltz, K. 1999, Globalization and Governance: James Madison Lecture,...
Rent and anti-rent in partly competitive political markets
The author critically re-considers the neo-institutional approach to the essence of political rent. The notion of political anti-rent is introduced and substantiated. The author considers forms and significance of political rent in the political space of modern party systems. The article provides a quantitative evaluation of rents and anti-rents in political markets of some states.
1. Беккер Г. С. Человеческое поведение: экономический подход. Избранные труды ...
The antinomy of political reason. Some deliberations on Kant’s “Answer-ing the Question: What is Enlightenment?”
... dissident movement as a possible political form of implementingthis paradox. This dilemma helps to formulate the idea of antinomy of political reason, as well as develop its solution based on the notion of clear conscience. The author analyses the notion of clear ... ... adequate understanding thereof requires consideringKant’s practical philosophy. It is concluded that, unlike the Copernican system of theoretical reason, Kant’s system of practical reasons remains Ptolemaic, where a human is the only centre and constitutive ...
How transcendental are Kant’s principles of public law?
... anthropological observations capable of distorting the required purity of the form when taken together. In effect, they turn out to be either motives for searching for transcendental principles or example s targeted at a certain type of readers and political agents. Identifying the role of publicity principles in Kant’s system of law and their strict positioning is also a complicated problem raising new questions as to their acceptable and preferable application. The principles are explicated in the treatise on perpetual peace. However, this article demonstrates that,...
The Baltic-Pontic region in the Europe-Eurasia dual system
... analiza jevoljucionnyh form politicheskih sistem. Chast' II. Hronopoliticheskaja perspektiva. Chast' III. Otechestvennaja hronopolitika [Essays
hronopoliticheskoy typology. Challenges and Opportunities of typological analysis of evolutionary forms of political systems. Part II. Hronopoliticheskaya perspective.Part III. domestic hronopolitika], Moscow, MGIMO.
10. Ilyin, M. V. 2001, Stabilizacija razvitija [Stabilization of development], Megatrendy mirovogo razvitija [Megatrends in world development], Moscow,...
Geography of Electoral Volatility in the Warmia and Mazury Voivodeship of Poland
... Onet, available at, http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1019385,title,Mieszkancy-Elblaga-odwolali-w-referendum-wladze-miasta,wid,15493555,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=1186b8 (accessed 12.05.2016).
11. Tarasov, I. N. 2009, Institutional development of post-communist political systems of the countries of Central Eastern Europe, p. comparative analysis], PhD tes., Rossijskij `ekonomicheskij universitet im. G. V. Plehanova [Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics], Saratov. (In Russ.)
12. Zhukovsky, I. I. 2010, Stanovlenie partijnoj ...
The transformation of the Baltic countries’ political elites: general and specific features
... Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia and detachment from the Soviet past. The 1990s elite struggle for power led to sharp ethnic, linguistic and political divides in Baltic societies. These rifts limit competition between power groups and reduce the ability of political systems to renew themselves. Having reached the ‘back to the West’ goal, Baltic elites replaced it with the idea of ‘Russian threat’. Bridging internal divides, which may weaken the power of the elites, was postponed as a result.
The ‘hybrid model’ of Norway’s ethnic policy in its northern counties: a key to stable interethnic relations
... and assessing the efficiency of these models amid increasing migration flows and changes in the country’s socio-economic environment. The methods we use in this multidisciplinary study are situated at the interface of national and international law, political science, history, and sociology. They include the comparative historical method (the dynamics of ethno-political processes), the systemic method (ethic policy in the framework of target-based programme management), the comparative law method (a comparison of national legal systems and international contractual standards), the value and norm-driven method (ethnic policy viewed ...
Moral politics against political moralism — political satire in E. T. A. Hoffmann's Christmas tale Meister Floh. Article 2
This paper shows that E. T. A. Hoffmann assessed the post-Napoleon politics of Prussia in the Christmas tale “Meister Floh” from a Kantian perspective. The cardinal problem of the tale — ... ... the “Hallegorisch und Jena-logisch” manner, as Hoffmann himself defined his style — is the problem of a constitutional system in Prussia.
1.Гарденберг Ф. фон (Новалис). Вера и любовь, или король и королева ...
Latvia in the System of European Territorial Security: a View from the Inside and Outside
... approach to studying regional security systems. This angle proves particularly useful in identifying crises of territorial systems of regional security in various regions of the world.
1. Young, O. R. 1968, Political Discontinuities in the International System, World Politics, Vol. 20, no. 3, p. 369—392.
2. Käkönen, J., Lähteenmäki K., 1995, Regionalization and the Theory of International Relations, Tampere, TAPRI, 49 s.
3. Tassinari, F. 2004, Mare Europaeum: Baltic Sea Region Security and Cooperation from ...
Hybrid texts as a form of interaction between avant-garde artistic and political discourses
... which a combination of codes (verbal, visual, auditory, kinesthetic, etc.) co-exists with a combination of various types of discourse. At the same time, each of the elements of a multimodal hybrid message refers simultaneously to both artistic and political reality. The multimedia type of hybridization includes texts that use innovative technologies and new media channels while combining several information transfer channels. This way, a new system of relationships is built and the possibility arises to create a new ‘total work of art’.
Badiou, A., 2004. Delez. Shum bytiya [The noise of being]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Barthes, R., 1994. Izbrannye raboty: Semiotika: Poetika [Selected Works: ...
Duty and Coercion in Kant’s Republican Cosmopolitanism
This paper argues whether Kant’s cosmopolitanism entails a specific theory of coercion. I will especially tackle Kant’s account of international political order. First, I claim that Kant attributes a systematic role to the cosmopolitan right, what justifies considering this part of the doctrine of law as a necessary rational conclusion of the legal system, although its institutional embodiment differs from that required by the rights of states. I highlight that according to Kant states may not behave as individual citizens do, since they do not recognize any higher authority than themselves. Second,...
Russia’s political risk for the foreign investors: A special emphasis on Kaliningrad
... are assessed using the normative model of macro political risk assessment developed by Alon and Martin in 1998. In this model, political risks are divided into government-, society- and economy-related variables.
Ease foreign investment ... ... escalates in the Northern Caucasus,
, August 26, 2009.
The Transformation of Russia’s Party System,
Russian analytical digest
Russia crisis “strengthens hardliners” — ...
The symbolic complexes of mass culture and the semiosis of political discourse
In this article, I address the influence of modern mass culture (MC), its symbolic system, narratives, and protagonists on the political discourse. I emphasise that an analysis of the images of mass culture protagonists can give a complete picture of the society that continuously reproduces these protagonists and seeks to resemble them. Therefore, the mode of the production of ...
Major infrastructure projects and the foreign policy of the Baltic states in 2010—2014
... nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor of the formation of international relations system in the region, Baltic Region, no. 2 (16), p. 22–30. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2013-2-3.
17. Strany Baltii razrabatyvajut ... ... [Grybauskaitė on energy independence: Lithuania remained to hold a couple of years], 2013, Delfi, available at: http://ru.delfi.lt/news/politics/gribauskajte-ob-energonezavisimosti-litve-ostalos-proderzhatsya-paru-let.d?id=61659973 (accessed 18.06.2013).
20. Visagino ...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... regions: The impact of different forms of proximity on spatial knowledge diffusion // Journal of Economic Geography. 2016. № 16 (3). P. 749—774. doi: 10.1093/jeg/lbv042.
17. Coenen L., Asheim B., Bugge M. M., Herstad S. J. Advancing regional innovation systems: What does evolutionary economic geography bring to the policy table? // Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space. 2017. № 35 (4). P. 600—620. doi: 10.1177/0263774X16646583.
18. Cooke P., Boekholt P., Todtling F. The Governance of Innovation in Europe. Regional Perspectives on Global Competitiveness. L., 2000.
19. Cooke P. N., Heidenreich M....
Organisation and Activity of Police in border areas of North-Western Russia under Reconstruction of Soviet Society
государственный архив Санкт-Петербурга (ЦГА СПб). Ф.
198. Оп. 6. Д.
Ф. 198. Оп. 6. Д.
political repressions, political system, enemy image, administrative command system, the All-Union Communist Party (of Bolsheviks)
Political elite networks in Latvia and their transformation in 1993-2014
... Political Networks: the Structural Perspective. Cambridge University Press, 1990.
5. Lieven A. The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to In¬de¬pendence. New Haven ; L., 1994.
6. The New Democracies in Eastern Europe: Party Systems and Political Cleavages. Aldershot, 1994.
7. Wasserman S., Faust K. Social Network Analysis: Method and Application. Cambridge University Press, 1994.
8. Розенвалдс Ю. Проблема «(де)герметизации» политической ...
Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives
... number of cross-disciplinary methods and relies heavily on the method of historical analysis. It is concluded that there are reasons rendering mutual co-operation impossible — however beneficial such co-operation may seem. Conservation of the current political system will inevitably lead to economic stagnation in the Baltic States. If external pressures continue to rise and the relations with Russia continue to deteriorate, the destruction of economic and political systems of the neighboring states may become ...
The Policy of Regional Convergence in Russia-Belarus integration: Prospects for Development
... participation of a country in international integration as well as prospects for the further development of the regional economic and political mechanisms, which are being formed
1. Belstat: Export and import with the certain countries in January-July, 2016, ... ...
shchaya-sreda/vneshnyaya-torgovlya_2/operativnye-dannye_5/eksport-imports-otdelnymi-stranami/ (accessed 13.09.2016).
2. Lyukevich, I. N. 2011, World monetary system as a set of currency regions, Mezhdunarodnaya `ekonomika, no. 10, p. 67—81. (In Russ.)
3. Krasavina, L. N. 2014, Conceptual ...
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
....ru/analyses/chem-grozyat-stranam-pribaltiki-rossiyskie-kontrsanktsii/ (accessed 01.02.2015).
10. Prezident Jestonii: chrez 10 let my otkljuchimsja ot rossijskih jenergosistem [The President of Estonia: through 10 years, we are disconnected from the Russian power system], 2014, REGNUM, 30 September, available at: http://www.regnum.ru/news/polit/1852448.html (accessed 10.12.2014).
11. Prodovol'stvennoe jembargo RF oboshlos' Jestonii v 150 mln evro [Food Russian embargo cost of Estonia 150 million euros], 2014, RIA Novosti, 9 September, available at: http://ria.ru/world/20140909/1023445906....
The regional approach in the policy of the Russian Federation towards the Republic of Estonia
... and U. S. Foreign Policy, New York, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 496 p.
9. Renshon, J. 2008, Stability and Change in Belief Systems: The Operational Code of George W. Bush, The Journal of Conflict Resolution, Vol. 52, no. 6, December, p. 820—849.
... ... Kingdom, Istanbul, Turkey, June 28.
11. Dyson, S. B. 2001, Drawing Policy Implications from the 'Operational Code' of a 'New' Political Actor: Russian President Vladimir Putin, Policy Sciences, Vol. 34, no. ¾, p. 329—346.
12. Lavrov, S. V. 2013, Interview ...
Knowing humanity without knowing the human being: The structure of polemic in Kant’s political argumentation
.... 2006, Sistemnaja model' argumentacii v prakticheskoj filosofii I. Kanta: Diss. na soisk. uch. step. kand. filos. nauk [The System Model of Argumentation Accordingto the Kant’s Practical Philosophy. Doctoral diss.]. Kaliningrad.
21. Khizanishvili, ... ... Übergang zur Weltpolitik, in: Kants „Ethisches Gemeinwesen“. Hrsg. M. Städtler. Berlin.
41. Williams, H. 1983, Kant’s Political Philosophy. Oxford.
moral anthropology, political anthropology, cognitive approach, model of argumentation addressee,...
The open method of coordination as a new form of governance: features, characteristics, prospects of application
// Official Journal. C 310
Idema T., Keleman D.
New modes of governance, the open method of coordination, and other fashionable red herring. Perspectives on European politics and society.
The open method of coordination: A new governance architecture for the European Union? Sieps, 2003:1.
Lomakina I. S.
open method of coordination, the EU system of governance, community method, soft law, hard law.
National conceptual picture of the world and the political nation
The article shows a link between culture-specific concepts and the phenomenon of political nation. The author reveals political conditionality of national mentality by intercultural communication. All these phenomena and processes are examined from the point of view of a system of synergies. The author identifies the bifurcation points in the history of national states, which determine their development.
1. Белоцеркивець Н. Кривенька качечка, или Еще раз о «трагедии ...
The foreign policy of Poland and the Kaliningrad region in 1989—2012
... Kaliningrad region in the Polish foreign policy after 1989. The analysis focuses on the political and regional determinants, which had the greatest impact on the Poland-Kaliningrad region relations. The methodology used in the article is not unusual for political science and is based on analysing original (documents) and secondary (scholarly publications, press articles) sources. The authors also use the system and decision analysis methods. The analysis covers the period after 1989, when the geopolitical changes brought about by the collapse of the Yalta-Potsdam order resulted in Poland redefine the priorities of its foreign policy. One of the most important ...
Estonia’s party system today: electoral turbulence and changes in ethno-regional patterns
A well-developed party system has emerged in Estonia over the decades of independence. There are, however, distinct geographical patterns of voting. A number of new political parties have appeared in the country; the regional and ethnic patterns of voting (the latter matter much in Estonia) have changed dramatically. This study aims to analyse the recent changes in the Estonian party system as well as the causes ...
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... «mjagkuju silu»: kriticheskij analiz monografii Dzh. Naja «Budushhee vlasti» [Hard look at ‘soft power’: critical reflections on ‘The Future Power’ by Joseph S. Nye], Moscow State University Bulletin. Series 25. International Relations and World Politics, no. 4, p. 134–163.
5. Yudin, N. V. 2015, Sistemnoe prochtenie fenomena mjagkoj sily [A systemic approach to “soft power”]. International Trends, Vol. 13, no. 2, p.96–105.
6. Mayer, H., Vogt, H. (eds.), 2006, A Responsible Europe? Ethical Foundations of EU External Affairs, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan.
7. Aggestam, L. 2008, ...
Inclusive education in Russia and the Baltic countries: a comparative analysis
... tolerance, and non-discrimination of persons with disabilities. Our analysis of inclusive education trends relies on the assessment of the goals and objectives, accessibility, and socio-cultural and economic feasibility of inclusive educational systems. We stress political, socio-cultural, and technological differences in practices, dynamics, and prospects for inclusive education in the Baltic region countries and Russia.
Simaeva, I. N., Budarina, A. O., Sundh, S.
inclusive education, special education,...
The prospects of nuclear power development in the eastern part of the Baltic Sea region as a factor of the formation of international relations system in the region
... in Russia’s economic diplomacy. The promotion of Russian energy projects in the region contributes to the development of a system of mutually beneficial ties. The increasing energy deficiency in the region can serve an economic prerequisite to this ... ... [«Electric revolution» in Bulgaria: crisis gives rise «the European spring»?], REGNUM, available at: http://www. regnum.ru/news/polit/1627910.html#ixzz2NPSeszwt (accessed: 18 March 2013).
3. Shulga, I. 2005, Reformirovanie jelektrojenergetiki stran Baltii ...
From the Mediterranean to the Baltic: the problem of implementing the principle of solidarity in the EU area of immigration and asylum
... Court of Justice, this principle is binding: it is capable of imposing the legal obligation of solidarity. However, as to the political perspective, member states have not been able to reach compromise. Although it is possible to introduce a permanent ... ... be implemented by all the member states.
Voynikov, V. V.
migration crisis, principle of solidarity, refugee relocation system, migration policy, Dublin Regulation, refugees
Euroregions as a factor of successful international integration in modern conditions
... overcentralized power. The abundance of Euroregions along the perimeter of certain states may be an indicator of economy's resilience to potential shocks. The provisions set forth in the article contribute to an improvement of the scientific understanding of political regionalistics and take the current understanding of the international system to the level of cross-border relations and institutions creating a system of interrelated elements of macro-regional and national building. The results can be applied in the development of a conceptual and legal framework for the construction of ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
66. Stigebrandt, A. 2001, Physical oceanography of the Baltic Sea. In: Wulff, F. V., Rahm, L., Larsson, P. (eds.) A Systems Analisys of the Baltic Sea, Berlin-Heidelberg, Springer Verlag.
67. Studzieniecki, T. 1995, Bałtycka Współpraca turystyczna,... ....baltexresearch.eu/background/catchment.html
74. Maciejewski, W. (ed.) 2002, The Baltic Sea Region. Cultures, Politics, Societies, Uppsala, 676 p.
75. UIA (Union of Intenational Organisations), available at: