Intonational means of expressing the "new" and the "given" categories in English, Russian and Spanish
The article explores the intonation means of expressing the "given" and the "new" in English, Russian and Spanish. It represents the results of phonetic research proving the difference in the nucleus’s role when signaling the new information in three languages....
Intonological aspect of the vocal form of the language (on the example of the Russian choir)
The article studies intonation features of vocal form of the language. The melody of national opera music reveals inherent prosodic corrrelation with the language intonation units and their features. The two cognitive systems, namely music and language, function via intonological ...
The usage and meanings of the intonation scales used in emphatic speech in modern British English (as compared with Russian)
The article deals with the usage and the meanings of the emphatic intonation scales of modern British English which are subdivided into two groups according to the object the speaker means to emphasize in his utterance. We also point out which of these scales may occur in the Russian language.
1. Антипова А....
The prosodic means to convey modal-evaluative meanings in portrait interviews
Using texts of the journalistic genre of portrait interview, this article considers the ways to express the evaluative modal meanings of veracity/falsity and willingness/possibility/obligation by the medium of intonation. The study identifies the role of prosodic variation in achieving the pragmatic objectives of the mentioned genre.
1. Баженова Е. А. Категория оценки // Стилистический энциклопедический ...
The acmeological approach as a vector of improving professional music teacher training
... музыкального мышления: История. Становление, Сущность. М., 1984.
Rumyantseva Z. V.
acmeological approach, didactic solution, professional training, methodology of creative work,
technological aspects, intonation theory, musical thinking, methodology of intonation education.
Gender and prosody: speech acts of demand
... Козьмин О. Г. Интонация побудительных предложений в немецком языке : автореф. дис. … д-ра филол. наук. М., 1966.
7. Arvaniti A., Ladd D. R. Greek wh-questions and the phonology of intonation // Phonology. 2009. № 26 (1). P. 43—74.
8. Avraniti A., Baltazani M., Gryllia S. The pragmatic interpretation of intonation in Greek wh-questions // Proc. 7
International Conference of Speech Prosody. Dublin, 2014. P. 1144—1148
The resonance of a tragic sound: G. Ivanov’s poetry in B. Ryzhy’s interpretation
... existentialistic worldview, which was predetermined by some biographic and sociocultural factors. Reinterpreting G. Ivanov’s key motifs and imagery, B. Ryzhy enriches his lyrics by bringing in Soviet and post-Soviet connotations. G. Ivanov’s tragic intonation gains a new sound expressing the experience of man living in the 20th century.
1. Арнольд И. В. Значение сильной позиции для интерпретации художественного текста // Иностранные ...
The Conjunction Functions of the Particle tolko: A Conjunction Particle vs a Conjunction Analogue
... Mezhvuzovskii sbornik nauchnykh trudov [Incomplete words as a means of communication. Interuniversity collection of scientific works]. Stavropol, pp. 24—28.
23. Mukhanov, I. L., 1983. Posobie po intonatsii (dlya filologov starshikh kursov) [The manual on intonation (for the philologists of senior courses)]. Moscow.
24. Nikolaeva, T. M., 1982. Semantika aktsentnogo vydeleniya [Semantics of accentuation]. Moscow.
25. Nikolaeva, T. M., 1985. Funktsii chastits v vyskazyvanii [Particle functions in utterance]....