Statistical analysis of tourism flows between Ukraine and the Baltic Sea Region countries in 2012—2019
... European Journal of Tourism Research, no. 26, 2602, available at:
. eu/index.php/about/article/view/1933 (Accessed 31 August 2020).
11. Magalhaes, A. L., Andreoni, B., Santos, E. J. dos and Cristina, Y. 2014, The economy of sustainable tourism, International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, vol. 13, no. 4, p. 395—407. doi: 10.1504/IJESD.2014.064964.
12. Suhel, S., Bashir, A. 2018, The role of tourism toward economic growth in the local economy, Economic Journal of Emerging ...
The Development of International Tourism in Lithuania: a Comparative Analysis of Regional Aspects
The processes related to the development of international tourism in Lithuania are of importance for the growth of economic, social, and cultural welfare. The increasing tourist and recreational attractiveness of such cities as Druskininkai, Trakai, Palanga, Vilnius, and Klaipeda to international tourists, as ...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... (In Russ.).
17. Sarancha, M. A. 2020, Assessing competitiveness of the Baltic states in tourism, Bal. Reg., vol. 12, no. 3, p. 147—166. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2020-3-9.
18. Safina, S. S., Amosova, G. M. 2018, Modern features of the development of international tourism in the Nordic countries, Izvestiya Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo e`konomicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the St. Petersburg State University of Economics], no. 4 (112), p. 38—43 (In Russ.).
19. Kondratov, N. A. 2010, Prerequisites ...
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... area. Common trends and specific features of international projects carried out in Karelian municipalities have been identified in the context of transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building. The findings add to a comprehensive picture of how international tourism projects may forward the building and development of transboundary tourism-and-recreation regions. The results of the study can be used in research into international cooperation and tourism. The proposed approach may serve as a tool of a regional ...
Assessing competitiveness of the Baltic states in tourism
Tourism competitiveness is a basic requirement for a country’s presence in the international tourism market. A comprehensive and systematic assessment of tourism competitiveness and comparisons with other states make it possible to identify its structure, strengths and weaknesses. Assessing competitiveness is a live issue in the Baltic region,...
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... September 2012).
16. Weidenfeld, A. 2013, Tourism and cross border regional innovation, Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 42, p. 191—213.
tourism innovations, regional development, cross-border cooperation, regional economy, Russia-EU international cooperation, tourism development in the Baltic region
Tourism development in border areas: a benefit or a burden? The case of Karelia
... consider the strategic aspects of tourism at the municipal level. I identify the strengths and limitations of the development of tourism in border areas by comparing the data on border and inland municipalities of Karelia and investigate the role of international border crossing points in the development of tourism in borderlands.
Stepanova, S. V.
borderlands, tourism, municipal districts, tourism infrastructure, tourist flow, road border crossing point, Republic of Karelia
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
... the development of transboundary tourism regions. Borders are classed depending on the border regime and strictness of tourist entry procedures. Special attention is paid to the attractiveness of state border areas. The authors identify external and internal conditions affecting tourism development and functioning in border areas. The practical significance of the study lies in the possibility of using its findings in developing tourism development programmes for border territories in contemporary Russia.
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... Tourism on 2013—2020 years": the order of the RF Government of 27.12.2012 N 2567-р], 2012.
7. Grushenko, E. B. 2014, Perspektivy razvitiya prigranichnogo mezhdunarodnogo turizma v Murmanskoy oblasti [Prospects for the development of cross-border international tourism in the Murmansk region]. In: Strategiyz razvitiya prigranichnyh territoriy: tradicii i innovacii [Strategy for development of border regions: tradition and innovation], Kursk, p. 230—235.
8. Koncepciya socialno-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya Leningradskoy ...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... urban hotels: How to apply the MKTOR instrument, nternational Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol. 43, October, p. 76—86.
19. Zaitseva, N. A., Goncharova, I. V., Androsenko, M. E. 2016, Necessity of Changes in the System of Hospitality Industry and Tourism Training in Terms of Import Substitution, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, no. 6 (1), p. 288—293.
Zaitseva N. A., Kropinova E. G.
tourism, cross-border cooperation, diversification, regional development, economic cooperation, Russian Federation
Russia’s North-West Borders: Tourism Resource Potential
.... 1995, Political boundaries and tourism: border as tourist attractions, Tourism management, Vol. 16, no. 7, p. 525―532.
38. Timothy, D. J., Guia, J., Berthet N. 2014, Tourism as a catalyst for changing boundaries and territorial sovereignty at an international border, Current issues in tourism, Vol. 17, no. 1, p. 21―27.
39. Where Three Countries Meet: Famous Tripoints Around the World, 2016, available at:
40. Więckowski, M. 2010, Tourism ...
The competitiveness of the Irkutsk region in the world tourism market
... historical potential. Another focus is the present status of tourism infrastructure and availability of human resources in the tourism industry. Special attention is paid to the influence of present economic and political conditions on the development of international tourism. It is concluded that there is a need for a further study of the influence of regional features on international tourism development.
1. Об утверждении Концепции социально-экономического развития ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
40. Finns intend to open the tourist water route from Krasnoyarsk to Finland, available at:
(accessed 14.02.2017). (in Russ.)
41. Chub, M. A. 2012, Heilongjiang Amur region: projects and prospects of international tourism, Evrazijskaya integraciya: ehkonomika, pravo, politika [Eurasian integration: economics, law, politics], no. 12, p. 69—74. (in Russ.)
42. Shekov, V. A. 2015, Geological, mining and industrial heritage of Finnish Karelia. Cross-Border Cooperation ...
Tourism and the structure of attractiveness of the Baltic region metropolises
International tourism is playing an increasingly important part in the life of all the nine countries of the Baltic region. In this contribution, I analyse the statistical data for 2010—2017 regarding the numbers of arrivals of international tourists and international ...
Regional aspects of international tourism (1960—1980s)
The author explores various aspects of international tourism in the Soviet Union. The article focuses on the main forms and methods used by the Kaliningrad Regional Trade Union Council for the development of international tourism. The author analyses archive materials describing the preparation, organization ...
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... development of urban tourism as one of the factors behind the socioeconomic development of a territory. They give estimates for tourism revenues associated with the emergence of a new attraction and its inclusion into travel itineraries and landmark maps.... ... background for including historical and cultural landmarks into a traveller’s experience. The authors analyse the results of the international urban development competition for the best concept of the historical area of the centre of Kaliningrad Korolevskaya ...
Clustering and branding in the Baltic tourist destination
The development of international tourism in the world today has a special and very important role. It has often been noted that it influences the overall economic growth as well as social, cultural, educational well-being of each particular country. In this regard the new approaches ...
Trends in the development of cross-border trade in the Russian-Finnish borderlands
... providing a periodisation and detecting the trends in and features of the evolution of cross-border trade in the Russian-Finnish borderlands in the 19th/21st centuries. To this end, we carry out a statistics and data analysis. We describe the Russian and international approaches to studying cross-border shopping tourism. We address Finland’s experience in stimulating inbound shopping tourism from Russia and examine why the Russians are attracted to the neighbouring state.
Stepanova S. V., Shlapeko E. A.
border region, Russian-Finnish borderland, shopping ...
Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
Recreation in protected areas (PAs) has received special attention amid international travel restrictions. The conflict between the conservation and economic use of these territories is increasing. ... ... environmental outreach and recreation in national parks as a type of PAs. Geotourism is viewed here as a sustainable form of tourism bridging the gap between conservation and recreation. Several objectives have been attained to fulfil this aim. The first ...
On certain groups in the Soviet outbound tourism (on the example of the Kaliningrad region)
14. Kostiainen A. Mass Tourists, Groups and Delegates: Travel from Finland to the Soviet Union from 1950 to 1980. URL:
. htm (дата обращения: 27.11.2017).
tourism, outbound tourism, specialized tourist groups, groups of related jobs, international experience
The Development of New Trans-border Water Routes in the South-East Baltic: Methodology and Practice
... Approach // Human Resources — the Main Factor of Regional Development. Journal of Social Sciences No. 2. Klaipėda University Regional Policy and Planning Institute. 2010. P. 81—91.
Kropinova E., Anokhin A.
spatial organisation of tourism, water tourism; infrastructure; international cooperation, methodology for evaluating recreational potential, South-East Baltic, innovations in tourism
Opportunities for eco-tourism development in the Kaliningrad Region (focusing on the pilot Russian part of the territory adjacent to the Vistula (Kaliningrad) and the Curonian Lagoons)
... Кропинова Е. Г. Регионально-экономический анализ формирования территориальных рекреационных систем. СПб., 2005.
Belova A., Fedina-Zhurbina I.
eco-tourism, nature-oriented tourism, regional development, Kaliningrad region, international cooperation
The factors affecting the development of the South-eastern Baltic tourism and recreation region
The territories of Vistula and Curonian lagoons, centrally located in the cross-border region, have numerous remarkable nature sites as well as monuments of history and culture. The article analyses the internal and external factors affecting the development of the Russian segment of the transborder "Southeastern Baltic" tourism and recreation region.
1. Cybin, Ju. A. 2004. Shema ohrany prirody Kaliningradskoj oblasti. M-vo prirod.resursov RF, Federal'naja sluzhba po nadzoru v sfere prirodopol'zovanija, M-vo prirod. resursov RF po Kaliningr. obl., Upravlenie prirod....
International Cooperation in the Field of Tourism and Formation of Cross-Border Tourist Regions in the Baltic Sea Area
The article considers the present situation and perspectives of international cooperation in the field of tourism in the Baltic Sea Regio and the peculiarities of formation of cross-border tourist regions as a variety of territorial recreational system.
Трансграничное сотрудничество в развитии ...
Transnational tourist destination management: a case study of the Baltic sea region
... is characterised by a gradual increase in the participation of public entities. This is related to the marginalisation of the tourism industry, which resulted in a systematic decrease in state funding for maintaining destination management structures. ... ... problem.
Studzieniecki T., Jakubowski A., Meyer B.
transnational tourist destination, tourist destination management, international cooperation, Baltic Sea Region, Baltic Region
Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region
... cooperation between the Kaliningrad region and the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship was launched in 1992, when the first agreements on international cooperation were signed. As of today, a high emphasis is placed on cross-border cooperation between the Warmian-Masurian ... ... areas of the Republic of Poland should give an additional impetus for the developmentof the economies, services sectors, and tourism industries of the border territories and facilitate the development of these regions. The article makes an attempt to ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... important step towards the future visa-free regime between the European Union and the Russian Federation often discussed in the international dialogue. The three years of LBT mechanism have shown its practical significance for the development of research ... ... Pol'sha i Kaliningradskoj oblast'ju Rossijskoj Federacii [Influence of local border traffic on the development of cross-border tourism between the Republic of Poland and the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation]. In: Nauka i turizm: strategija vzaimodejstvija ...
Country Competitiveness: an Empirical Study
... the maximum tourism level? A comparison of Norway and Iceland to other OECD countries, Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, Vol. 16, no. 1, p. 61—75.
23. Larsen, E. 2010, Creating Nordic Capitalism: The Business History of a Competitive Periphery,... ..., no. 3, p. 636—638.
24. Markusen, J. R. 1894, Multinationals, Multi-plant Economies, and the Gains from Trade, Journal of International Economics, Vol. 16, no. 3—4, p. 205—226.
25. Markusen, J. R. 2004, Multinational Firms and the Theory of International ...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
8. Afshardoost, M., Eshaghi, M. 2020, Destination image and tourist behavioral intentions: a meta-analysis, Tourism Management, no. 81, p. 1—10. doi: 10.1016/j. tourman.2020.104154.
9. Nadeau, J., Olafsen, A. 2015, Country image evaluations ... ... issues], no. 3, p. 169—203. doi: 10.17323/1814-9545-2016-3-169-203 (in Russ).
14. Karachurina, L. B., Mkrtchyan, N. V. 2017, Internal long-term migration of the population in Russia and other countries, Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 5. Geografiya ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... unique geopolitical position, the Kaliningrad region is one of the regions where such networks develop at both the regional and international levels. When studying such forms of cooperation, the traditional methods of social sciences as research tools are ... ....ru/2012/05/18/suda-dok.html (accessed 25 August 2013).
5. Razvitie turizma v Kaliningradskoj oblasti — odno iz prioritetnyh napravlenij [Tourism development in the Kaliningrad region — one of the priorities], The Ministry of Tourism of the Kaliningrad region, available ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
..., S. N., Larin, O. N. 2018, Smart container, smart port, BIM, IoT and blockchain in the digital system of internation trade, International Journal of Open Information Technologies, no. 6(3), p. 49—94 (In Russ.).
47. de la Peña Zarzuelo, I. 2021, Cybersecurity ... ... Integration, no. 20, 100173. doi: 10.1016/j. jii.2020.100173.
49. Pencarelli, T. 2020, The digital revolution in the travel and tourism industry, Inf Technol Tourism, no. 22, p. 455—476. doi: 10.1007/s40558-019-00160-3.
50. Voss, R., Quaas, M. F., Hoffmann,...
Linguo semiotics of the city: cross cultural dimension of place branding
(дата обращения: 17.04.2018).
27. Stuttgart. URL:
(дата обращения: 17.04.2018).
28. Mityagina V. A., Novikova E. Yu., Makhortova T. Yu., Volkova I. D. Texts of tourism branding as object of translation // Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research (ASSEHR). Vol. 97: Proceedings of the 7th International Scientific and Practical Conference "Current issues of linguistics and didactics: The interdisciplinary approach in humanities" (CILDIAH 2017). Volgograd, 2017. Р. 320—325.
Novikova E. Yu.
naming, branding, positioning of ...
Text localization as a task of translation
... formation of the tourist Internet discourse. Media and intercultural communication in the European context: Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. Stavropol, Publishing House of the North-Caucasian Federal University, pp. ... ... Mityagina V. A., 2017. Translation and Localization of Microtoponyms (Based on Russian and English-Language Texts of Online Tourism Discourse). XLinguae Journal, Vol. 10, Iss. 2, pp. 112—124. DOI: 10.18355/XL. 2017.10.02.10
15. Novikova E. Yu., 2015....
Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context
7. Ghatak S., Pop-Silaghi M. I., Daly V. Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK // Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. 2009. Vol. 18. P. 61—78.
8. White R. Immigrant-trade links, transplanted home bias ... ... 24.09.2018).
10. Stryszowski P. K. Essays on growth and migration. Tilburg, 2009.
11. Leitão N. C., Shahbaz M. Migration and Tourism Demand // Theoretical and Applied Economics. 2012. Vol. 19, № 2 (567). P. 39—48.
12. Dwyer L., Seetaram N., Forsyth ...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
35. Snieska, V., Zykiene, I. 2015, City attractiveness for investment: characteristics and underlying factors, 20th International Scientific Conference Economics and Management — 2015, Procedia — Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 213, ... ....org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.402
36. Swanson, K. 2017, Destination brand love: managerial implications and applications to tourism businesses, Journal of Place Management and Development, Vol. 10, no. 1, p. 88—97. DOI:
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... the EU (and Norway) with the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus. The article will be of interest to specialists in international and, particularly, in cross-border cooperation. The authors analyse the mechanism of local border traffic and identify ... ... Pol'sha i Kaliningradskoj oblast'ju Rossijskoj Federacii [Influence of local border traffic on the development of cross-border tourism between the Republic of Poland and the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation], Nauka i turizm: strategija vzaimodejstvija ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... international trade development in Saint Petersburg and the ways to improve the city’s competitiveness. The authors estimate the international trade performance of Saint Petersburg and outline the key areas for increasing the city’s competitive ability.... ...
2. Avraham, E., Ketter, E. 2007, Media Strategies for marketing place in crisis improving the image of cities, countries and tourism destinations, Oxford, 231 p.
3. Bergman, E. M., Feser, E. J. 1999, Cluster Morphology of Regions: Analytic Options. In: ...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... assessment of the role of cross-border cooperation in the system of interregional interaction between border regions. We present a system of indices to describe cross-border specialization of interregional interaction in certain fields, namely investment, international trade, tourism, and migration. Cross-border specialization determines the role of cross-border cooperation in regional external relations. The empiric data we have gathered is used to develop and implement a pilot assessment of cross-border specialization of ...
Disease control and border lockdown at the EU’s internal borders during Covid-19 pandemic: the case of Finland
The article discusses the lockdown of the EU’s internal borders during the Covid-19 pandemic in Finland. Special attention is paid to bordering as a means of disease control ... ... cross-border encounters between Finland and its Schengen neighbours of Sweden, Norway and Estonia. The restrictions hampered tourism and migrant-dependent industries as well as complicated the lives of migrants’ families. While the lockdown of the Estonian ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
9. On Cancelling Short-Term Visa Experiment "Tourism 72 Hours", The Representative Office of MFA of Russia in Kaliningrad, 2017, available at:
http://kaliningrad.mid.... ... (accessed 23.01.2017).
11. Optimization of the structure is designed to improve the efficiency of the regional government in the international direction, 2007, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available at: http
Population aging and the problems of the sandwich generation: Socioeconomic and psychological aspects
... http://www.sandwichgeneration.com/ (дата обращения: 23.01.2014).
28. Sheresheva M., Buzulukova E. Senior sport tourism in Russia // Social Net-works and the Economics of Sports / P. M. Pardalos, V. Zamaraev (eds.). Heidel-berg ; N. Y. ; ... ... 2012. Vol. 379, No. 9823. P. 1295—1296.
31. Wong B., Kam Ki Tang. Do ageing economies save less? Evidence from OECD data // International Journal of Social Economics. 2013. Vol. 40, No. 6. P. 591—605.
32. Young C., Denson L. A. Psychological health ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
... measures. This particularly applies to organisations operating in the most sensitive industries: manufacturing, hospitality, tourism, estate, transport, and warehousing. The unemployment has gone up, reaching a level above the national average; the number ... ... Migration Consequences of the “Perfect Storm”: What Effect Will the Coronavirus Pandemic Have on Migration Issues? The Russian International Affairs Council, available at: